Generations:
Filter By:

Verified Purchase Generation: QL (2015-2017) Date Purchased: Jun 2017

My 22nd new car...Things have changed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2017

Not a brand snob anymore...Being a formally very biased Holden, Ford, Toyota man all my life (HD Holden ute my first new car in 1965) I was given stick by my old mates 11 years ago (they remember I owned 6 Monaros!!) when I bought a Kia Cerato for the wife as a run about after all the kids had moved out and taken their cars...Then in 2012 one of the daughters bought the Cerato off of us, and to this day it is still going strong..only had a new battery and annual oil/filter changes (on its 4th set of tyres)...never broken down or had a call back notice ever....
We replaced that with an SLI Optima and after 130k we have just traded that for a small SUV.
We tested many sedans of many brands but finally decided on a small SUV (easier to get in and out of at our age!!)
..after testing nearly all of the available small SUVs (Including Mazda, Hyundai, Mitsubishi, Subaru etc) we kept coming back to a new Kia Sportage GT line (Grey interior), we took delivery of one only 4 weeks ago...It is a great car, they are getting better all the time. (Hyundai Tuscon was runner up, but was noisier on our coarse bitumen roads)
This is our 22 new car (a Land cruiser is our main vehicle for towing the caravan) and as I service our own vehicles in our workshop, without a doubt the Kias have been the most reliable cars we have ever owned (Yes even more than our Land cruisers..no crap, as I have had a few dramas with them over time), so don't worry about getting a hard time (What!! a Kia!!!) from your mates, if you want to have reliable, well built well equipped and hassle free motoring, you cannot go wrong with Kia... (Toyota don't give you 7 year warranty!)
Obviously some of the 1 star comments on this site are from people who have never owned one (not in the last 15 years anyway) or work for some other brand....I'm a retired farmer and work no more for anyone!!
Happy motoring guys..

Bensville

• 1 review
  • 2 questions

Generation: QL (2015-2017) Badge: Platinum Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Worst car I've EVER OWNED.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2017

Terribly unreliable. 2016 model. Already had new sun roof, new ECM, among other sensors. Park assist had a glitch and steering wheel went really fast and collided with another vehicle. I've done 1000s of auto park but as they couldn't get it to fault, it doesn't exist. The navigation system at purchase and with updates still doesn't contain streets that are 6 years.

• 1 comment

Generation: KM (2005-2010) Badge: EX Date Purchased: Apr 2016

nice car

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

This is the first car I bought and I love it. I bought the car from a NZ family and they would move back to their country. I have it for 2 years and drive it everyday. It is stable, safety and the 4wd seems nice. I like the design as well.

Sydney

Generation: QL (2015-2017) Badge: SE Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Great value, Champagne Car at Beer Prices

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2017

The best car hands down I have owned in 30 years of driving. Comfortable, reliable, modern features and sleek styling has made me a KIA fan overnight. We looked hard at the range of Mazda & Holden comparables but found we could not beat the Sportage for value and style.

• 4 helpful votes

Generation: QL (2015-2017) Badge: Platinum Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Sportage Platinum - Excellent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2017

I traded my wonderful Captiva 5 in for the Kia Sportage Platinum last November. To date it has performed brilliantly. Great fuel economy, smooth, quite ride, responsive when need be, generous boot, comfortable for passengers - particularly the dogs!
Splashed out and bought top of the range - love leather seats, hot and cold seating for front driver and passenger. Still trying to work out all the extras that come with this vehicle. The side traffic alerts are fantastic. I haven't used the auto parking as yet - but will get around too it so
me time no doubt.
Oh - and at the first service it was connected to Apple so I can access apps etc from my iphone.
The on-board gps is great. Tells me coming up to speed cameras / school zones etc and when I'm over the speed limit.
So far I have nothing but praise for this vehicle and have no hesitation in recommending the Sportage Platinum for anyone considering purchase.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Generation: QL (2015-2017) Badge: Platinum Date Purchased: Feb 2017

The Best Car I Have Owned!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 03, 2017

I have had this car for 4 months. So far it has been fantastic and economical, and the Turbo Diesel also goes like a rocket. The car is comfortable and is fantastic to drive. I have owned many cars over the years including Toyota's and Holdens and the Sportage is the best car i have owned by a long shot. The only thing i have found is that the wireless phone charger seems to have caused an issue with my phone where its battery power is drained very quickly after being charged using the wireless charger, so i no longer use it. However, if everything else continues to go well, i will be buying another one in a few years when i am ready to update.

Wollongong, NSW

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

Generation: QL (2015-2017) Badge: Platinum Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Got sucked in by another Korean manufacturer

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2017

These cars are cheap because they are crap, Don't be fooled by the 7 year warranty. There are so many cheeky little catches in that contract. You will rue the day you signed. I have read many other reviews on this site. I assume that the ones praising Kia are employees or they really have no motoring experience whatsoever.
Poor handling. When you hit a bump you will actually bump across the road. Brakes are downright dangerous & not covered by warranty. The list goes on. You will see (literally) heaps of these cars in wrecking yards in the next few years.

South Coast of NSW

• 1 review

Generation: QL (2015-2017) Badge: Platinum Date Purchased: Sep 2016

ACC is not available

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2017

Why the KIA Sportage does not have the life saving ACC feature is an utter mystery to me.
But what is worse, is that a KIA dealership manager told me that the Sportage I was sitting in, inside his showroom, next to his desk, had Adaptive Cruise Control. I asked him specifically if the Sportage did have ACC.
He said it did. He was lying.
In fact, KIA Australia emailed me and were quite complexed about this.
They informed me that ACC was not in any Sportage and was not even an option.
=================
They advertise the KIA being parked wi
th Park Assist, so I reckon most people might simply assume it would also have ACC.
But it only has Cruise Control with speed limiter.
Any one who has ever driven both ACC or CC would never opt for the old style CC.
I found CC bloody dangerous. Sometimes my 2013 Hyundai i30 it would surge from 100 up to 110 after cresting a hill.
The i30 was my first ever car with cruise control.
After some near misses of rear ending mishaps it's one of the the reasons I started searching for a new vehicle and upping the size from a hatchback to a SUV with a safer type of cruise control.
===================
After 6 months of diligent research I ended up buying the already fully specced up Skoda Octavia Scout 4x4 Crossover Premium.
The only extras I opted for were the Towing Pack and Extra Privacy Windows.
It was delivered in only 2 weeks and cost all up with on roads at $49,000.
It comes with everything as standard. Including 9 airbags.
All the more well known similar sized SUV's or Crossovers have to be heavily price optioned up to be as equipped as the Skoda Scout Premium. All have a few things missing in their safety or convenience features such as the Sportage's lack of ACC.
Simply Clever,.The Scout feels as though it takes me for a drive every time I get in it.
Brillaint.

Carnes hill

• 3 helpful votes

Generation: SL (2011-2014) Badge: Platinum Date Purchased: Mar 2016

delar blacktown

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2017

Iam very disappointed, upset and so annoyed with Kia dealers in Blacktown specially the manager they have played, laired and cheated on us on top of the above they have bad customer service. they have all the idiot attitude to deal with us. i have purchesed sportage 2017 but they have gave us a contract with vehcile 2016 and the dealer main thing was not talking to us properly til we pay $3000 so they can deal with us. So now we are waiting on the court date as they wouldn't like to deal with our solicitor even.

Purchased at: Kia Dealers

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney, Australia

• 4 helpful votes

Generation: QL (2015-2017) Badge: SLi Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Beautiful car to drive - cannot fault it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

Brilliant car to drive. We test-drove 4 SUVs and found the Kia to be the quietest, smoothest and most comfortable drive. The car is responsive and handles well. The leather interior is nice and adds that extra layer of 'quality'. In city driving, the car averages ~10.8 litres which is less than our previous impreza. The 7 years unlimited km warranty is also a huge bonus which only adds to resell. Another thing to factor in is that in contrast to the CX-5 for example, the Kia comes with a full-size spare tyre/rim!

I could not fault the car even if I tried.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Glenroy Vic

Generation: QL (2015-2017) Badge: Si Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Everything I wanted it to be. Great car.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

After 25 years of driving Japanese cars, I took a leap of faith and bought my first SUV, a Kia Sportage.
I was worried about the build quality, but after one drive I was convinced this car was streets ahead of anything on the market.
Now that I've owned it for 10 months, I am convinced it was the best decision I made to buy it. The Auto transmission is a dream, especially compared to those CVT's that are around at the moment.
The car is well built, quality interior and it drives better than my bosses BMW X5!

Plenty of room for all and a
solid feel in the way it drives and handles. Best of all, 7 years of unlimited warranty. When our Corolla moves on, we'll be straight back to the Kia dealer for our second Sportage.

Dislikes: There is no CD player, and the touch screen on the entertainment system is totally useless and frustrating. You have to keep stabbing at the screen to get it to react.
*If you want more power, go to the diesel engine because the 2 litre petrol is adequate for everyday driving but would not cut it with heavier loads or any sort of towing.

1 of 10 pages

QL (2015-Present)

How do you get the radio to start at a sensible/low volume? (have tried the default settings...)

Andrew asked on Jul 16, 2017

Answer this

There are some issues with the radio. I find that the volume for the radio is different to the phone and the ipod and I am continually having to adjust. Don't have an answer yet but will take a look tonight and report back.

QL (2015-Present)

I just bought Kia Sportage build DEC 2016 so basically 2017 model I would like to know if this car has timing belt or timing chain?

alexa asked on May 20, 2017

hi dear
that what happen with me when i sign the contract i check it and i find its 2016
same your car its mean the car 2016 not 2017 they lie i send them to court about this problem the car 2016 more cheap and they will give you same price for 2017

SL (2011-2014)

I bought a Kia SLi Sportage Diesel in 2012. I have done over 230,000 kms so far (about 50k p/y), lots of highway kms and no real issues with the car. Changed front and rear brakes and rotors and then last week a new battery and nothing else. I keep the servicing up, not now using dealer service though. Does anyone know how long will a diesel engine go or particularly the Kia/Hyundai 2.0L Diesel engine?

dukeman100 asked on May 10, 2017

Answer this

Provided you keep up with services and change the fuel filters as required you should get another 150 to 200 thousand without any problems.

Wow you got 230k on it now and still going .

See all 42 questions about Kia Sportage

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details