Port Broughton

• 1 answer

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Excellent product and price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

this technology is incredible, a step up from microwave.
Instant on -off no waiting for heating elements and heating up the kitchen.
No burning spills on hot burners
Efficiency is Gas 40% Induction around 90% saving time and electricity therefore cost.
Always test your cookware to ensure they are magnetic otherwise the cooker will not operate as it is a magnetic coil based technology

Date Purchased: Jun 2018

So annoyed with Harvey Norman

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

Purchased the KC induction cooker, have tried all my scan pan and Bessemer to find it won’t work, I only have one frypan that will work. What a waste of money

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Sydney

• 10 comments
  • 15 answers
  • 31 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Im impressed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2017

Recently purchased this induction cooker and to-date I am impressed. Power settings are variable from 200 - 2000 watts in 200 w increments or temp 60 - 270 in 20 deg increments. The cooker will hold a simmer at the lower settings. I trialed this will 500 ml of water only in a covered saucepan. Unit seems to work with my small coffee maker to large fry pans. The unit will not heat-up unless there is an appropriate metal cookware on the hotplate.

Purchased at: Kogan.com

• 1 review
  • 1 question
  • 2 answers

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Didn’t work

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2017

Arrived! Not impressed with the packaging!!! Then turned the cooker on, work for a couple of minutes then
Went in a E 5 code try a few more times still went in E5 code went to the trouble shooting guide try everything still would not work.

Have now sent it back. Hope I can get a refund. Thank you. Mary Bugden

• 4 questions
  • 3 answers

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2017

I needed it for stir frying as my electric hotplate isn’t powerful enough to get the wok really hot. It does the job perfectly and I had the added benefit of an excuse to get a new pan.I’m very pleased with it. I would recommend it. It also is useful as a portable device and if you need that extra cooking plate.

Adelaide

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Unfortunately, a big disappointment!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

Bought it through Kogan. No problem with them....the item arrived quickly. But...
1. The free pot had a dent in it.
2. The cooker itself worked a couple of times and then the heat input went out of control. The cooker starts at a default heat input of 1600W, and there is a dial which you use to adjust the heat settings up or down from that. Unfortunately, after a couple of days, when you tried to reduce the heat input below 1200W, then it would jump up to the maximum setting of 2000W, time and time again.
3. As an added bonus, the timer stopped working soon after that.....again, if you use the dial to try to set the time for the cooking, the timer would start generating random numbers.

Purchased at: Kogan.com

Wollongong

• 1 question
  • 11 answers
  • 9 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Early Days - so far so good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2017

Look, this is a $50 experiment. Picked this up on Groupon for $49 plus $8 postage.
I like the idea of trying to get a consistent temperature for deep frying and also slow cooking. Slow cooking on a gas cooktop is hard because even on low heat is just too high and the item requires constant attention.
So far, we have tried cooking deep fried frozen mini spring rolls on 180 degrees. 8.5 out of 10. They cooked well but needed to cook till a bit overdone of the outside so they were not cold in the middle.
My wife tried steam coconut cakes this afternoon and they were a great success. That's it so far and 2 out of 2 is a good start. I will add to the review later if we find performance or quality issues.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Epping, Victoria, Australia

• 1 comment
  • 4 answers
  • 10 helpful votes
Private message

Love this little Induction Heater!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2016

When I first bought this Kitchen Couture 2000W Induction Cooker and turned it on at the power point, the only thing I got was 4 dashes. I pressed the Menu Button Umpteen times turned the temperature dial ... NOTHING! I thought great I've bought a bloody lemon!! re packaged it and left it on the table ready to return to Kogan online.... Then I RE READ "Product Reviews" I never purchase anything without reading this site and yes it showed the majority were very happy..... The one review that really made me give it another try was the one that said "No Good, doesn't work! will send it back Immediately or something to that affect... So I decided to Download the Kitchen Couture 2000W Induction Cooker's MANUAL....Only to find you have to put the pot on it first! derrrrr helps to read the instructions! of course it won't work with Aluminum, glass, or copper pans, unless they are made with a layer of a magnetic material on the bottom. So I put the free pan on stove and Vwala! It worked! Of course I set the Power to high and timer to long only to burn everything! again derrr ...... Had temperate to high and set timer too long..... Second time round made a delicious chicken casserole in free pan.... So quick and delicious and actually really easy to use ONCE YOU READ THE INSTRUCTIONS! As far as the person that threw the free saucepan in the bin because she said it was rubbish! what did you expect!!!! I love this pan it's light, I hang it on a small hook inside my cupboard so its easily accessible.... Ever heard the expression "more money than brains" or recycle? Anyways what we have to remember is: An induction stove does NOT need to be heated up like gas or electric stoves.... It saves us power because it's dam quick! I'm on a pension and am always looking for ways to save power.... This definitely does..... Love it!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 3 answers
  • 1 helpful vote

Disappointed, No resolution to date since 11/10/2015

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2016

The cooker is great, it is value for the money. Kitchen Couture Induction Cooker arrived though without the free pot as advertised. I must admit I was surprised to receive it without any proper wrapping. They just put the delivery sticker on the actual Kitchen Couture Induction Cooker box and the box wasn't even taped up to prevent anyone from opening the box. I have always received Kogan products very well packed but this one wasn't. I contacted the complaints department on the 11/10/2015 and received a quick response but since then all has fallen flat. I have even sent several photographs of the delivery label on the box. No follow through though. Not even a follow up email to ask if the problem had been resolved. All I am hearing is crickets. To date I have NOT received a replacement pot for the one that I DIDN'T receive in the first place. I am not trying to scam Kogan. Never been a scammer nor will I ever be one. I will always pay for what I buy and expect to get what I pay for. I expect nothing less and nothing more than what I am entitled to. Extremely disappointed with the follow up. NOT HAPPY!!!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

pacsoe vale

• 1 comment
  • 2 questions
  • 4 answers

great portable cooker

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2015

I was sceptic about this type of cooking but am now a huge fan.induction is fantastic.its fast to heat up and cook.so versatile.i can take it to my outdoor area where we have power and cook outdoors with ease.no wind problems which blow out gas either.i love it.the timer is a great feature but havent used it yet.