Model: 5KEK1222AOB (Onyx Black) Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Should last longer

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

Less than 2 years old and this expensive kettle has failed. For what it cost, there is an expectation of longevity, however it's ultimate performance is no better than budget brands.
Bought from Peters of Kensington.

Sydney

Model: 5KEK1222AER (Empire Red) Date Purchased: May 2017

Looks great, irritating design, didn’t last long

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

The kettle looks really swish but refilling is slightly irritating at best. Like most top handle kettles, it’s just a pain to refill. The kettle itself died after a little over a year so please keep the receipt. We foolishly threw ours out (like most people, I’d like to think). Painfully expensive lesson to learn, I guess...

• 1 comment

Model: 5KEK1222AER (Empire Red) Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Not happy

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2018

Very simple, nothing special, the inside has a strong smell of like steel after boiling water. Looks very cheap. No value for money. The bottom of the kettle looks already like rusted and I bought it only 12 days ago. When not in use I clean the inside with a towel and leave it opened.because of the strong smell. Who knows what cheap material has been used.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi Sarah, we recommend trying a solution of water and vinegar overnight. Please contact our Customer Service at enquiries@kitchenaid.com.au or 1800 990 990 (landline) or 0249026500 (mobile), they w... read more »

I had a real problem with it. There was a strong smell of burnt wires. I had to return it to the shop for a refund. Sorry!

Verified Purchase Model: 5KEK1222AER (Empire Red) Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Lovely kettle

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2018

This kettle is a gorgeous shape and colour and pours beautifully. Boils quickly and quietly. Can’t comment on longevity as I’ve only had it a few weeks, but it makes me happy every time a make a cup of tea. My only improvement would be to wish it was a little bigger, 1.75L rather than 1.5L

Purchased at: Peter's of Kensington

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi Trina, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Make sure you are signed up to our e-newsletter to receive offers, recipes and updates. You can sign up here; https://kitchenaid.com.au/sign-up
Kind Regards, The KitchenAid Team

• 3 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 10 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: 5KEK1222ASX (Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Strange taste in the water

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2018

Purchased this kettle aprox 4 months ago. There is a very strong taste in the water even after all this time- i can taste it when i have a cup of tea. i thought the taste would be gone by now but it hasnt. Other than that the kettle looks very good on our bench and is working well. But because of the taste i would definitely not recommend.

Purchased at: Peter's of Kensington

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hello, it is recommended to fill the kettle to the maximum level and boil, then empty completely. If you are still experiencing the taste, please contact our Customer Service Team at enquiries@kitc... read more »

Melbourne

• 4 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: 5KEK1222AER (Empire Red) Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Woohoo, love my kettle!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2018

Woohoo! Light to hold, easy to use, quick to boil, lovely pouring action, fills through the spout so I never need to remove the lid, and best of all, I can still hear the audiobook while it boils! I wanted a smaller capacity kettle, and this seems perfect to date. Please please please let it last a long time....

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we always appreciate hearing from customers about their experience with a product. Make sure you are signed up to our e-newsletter to receive... read more »

Geraldton

• 1 review

Model: 5KEK1222AER (Empire Red) Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Corrosion...and less than eighteen months old

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2018

We love the kettle...really tasteful design, great for just the two of us.
However, it is corroding around the lid and has begun to leak from the handle, just above the switch and its not even two years old.
We did not keep any receipt, it's a kettle after all...we didn't expect it to last forever...maybe more than eighteen months though.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi Bob, if you contact our customer service team they should be able to help you without a receipt, as long as you have the kettle's serial number. You can call them on 1800 990 990 or email them a... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Model: 5KEK1222ASX (Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Dec 2015

Too bad for corrosion

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2017

We love the kettle and especially love the size and style. However the 'stainless steel' is peeling at the end of the handle and is corroded. Did not expect this to happen. Too bad because it's nicer looking than most of the kettles on the market. Seems like it's not under warranty now.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi Aileen, We would appreciate it if you contact our Customer Service Team and they may be able to help you. You can reach them on 1800 990 990 or enquiries@kitchenaid.com.au
Kind Regards, The KitchenAid Team

Goulburn

• 1 answer

Model: 5KEK1222AER (Empire Red) Date Purchased: Apr 2017

My beautiful new kettle

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2017

I was given this Kitchenaid kettle as a gift. I love it! It is a perfect size, not too heavy, and doesn't take long to boil. There is only my husband and myself at home now so we don't need a large kettle anymore. The style and colour looks perfect on my kitchen bench.

Model: 5KEK1222AER (Empire Red) Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Love the size

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2016

Love the size and look of the kettle but was a bit disappointed with the rattling sound it makes, not sure if this is normal or if it is a faulty one! This is my 5th KitchenAid appliance, just luv the brand. Would like kitchen scales to be added to the range

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi Lorraine, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. If you do have any concerns you are able to contact our customer service team on 1800 990990, 02 49026500 or enquires@kitchenaid.com.au and they can help. Kind regards, The KitchenAid Team