Gympie

• 2 answers

Verified Purchase Model: KMT423 Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Very good toaster

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

I am very satisfied with my Kitchen Aid toaster.
After reading so many reviews on this site about so many toasters, there did not seem to be any toaster that was highly recommended. I could not imagine that there are so many bad toasters in the world!
I was completely at a loss which toaster to buy, and I was not prepared to pay $300+ . After weeks of deliberation I decided on this one, and much to my relief it’s a winner.
my only adverse comment is that it is slow to toast crumpets. Apart from that I am very happy

Kyneton

• 1 answer

Model: KMT423 Date Purchased: Aug 2018

great toaster but the overly loud beep makes this impractical for us

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2018

after reading many reviews of toasters, we were convinced that the KitchenAid KMT423 was the perfect toaster for us. the toaster toasts perfectly but the loud and unnecessary beep to announce the toast is going down and then again o announce the toasting has finished, is annoying and disruptive. If you are a shift worker or have a baby sleeping don't get this toaster - it wakes everyone. I emailed KitchenAid on 12/9/18 and received an auto response that we would be contacted within 10 business days (Your Contact Reference Number is KAU CS 935) This hasn't happened. My enquiry was, how to I disable the unnecessary beeping - I presume you can't thus the no follow-up from customer service. Our other KitchenAid appliances Mixmaster KSM1500 and KitchenAid Blender have been faultless in performance and results. So KitchenAid products are generally extremely good quality. Our issue with the toaster is that we were not advised by the sales consultant of the loud beeping and it is not detailed on the packaging, otherwise we would have steered clear. Why there is a loud beep, twice for each operation, is the question. If the toaster toasts expediently, why would a designer want to remind the operator that the toast is going down and now it is coming up again. A totally unnecessary 'feature'? in my opinion

Verified Purchase Model: KMT423 Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

I love my toaster. It's easy and modern, I use fresh or frozen bread, crumpets,... Settings are easy to work with. Fully automatic, so bread goes down and up on it's on. Beep sounds when ready. My bread comes evenly toasted and it's efficient. It's very easy to clean as well. I'm happy with it and would recommend.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Model: KMT423 Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Worst toaster ever!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2018

This toaster doesn’t toast unless you put it it at least 3 times and make sure you have lots of time you have to wait forever, crumpets that’s at least 30min it’s ridiculous you pay a lot of money because you think it will be decent forget about it it’s usless go get a toaster from Kmart it will probably be a lot better!

Verified Purchase Model: KMT423

Hands Down Best Toaster Ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

Had toaster for a week. Makes perfect toast and calls you when its ready. Simultaneously toasted crumpets one side and toast on the other. Works fine and then turns itself off if unused.

The crumpet mode requires 2 cycles of toasting, but tell me what toaster has ever got the crumpet mode down to one toast cycle.

For toasting bread it cant be beat. Crumpets on the second toasting cycle are perfect by the way!

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Model: KMT423 Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Bitterly disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

We bought a kitchen aide toaster on the suggestion of the salesman at GoodGuys. We were told we were buying a quality product. It worked for about a month. Even on the longest time won't cook toast. Forget crumpets! Wish I could get my old Sunbeam back from the tip. What a waste of money. Not fit for purpose - a toaster that doesn't cook toast.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hello, We are sorry to hear about your experience, can you please send your details, and the serial number of your toaster to marketing@kitchenaid.com.au and we will pass this onto our customer ser... read more »

Actually, I took the original toaster back to Good Guys. They were happy to exchange it. I thought I would give KitchenAid another go - mistake. That toaster was the same as the one I returned -... read more »

• 20 helpful votes

Model: KMT423 Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Only buy it if you like unevenly cooked, burnt toast

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2018

Not happy with this toaster at all. I have not once been able to get a piece of toast which is evenly toasted. To get the middle section to toast nicely, the crusts have to be burnt. Also the toast comes our unevenly toasted on one side most of the time. For the price you would think they could get it right. So disappointed! Swapping it over for a cheap Sunbeam.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Model: KMT423 Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Purchased 2 faulty units in a row.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2018

We had an early model KitchenAid toaster for approx 10 years and it was great so we decided to upgrade to the latest model. We bought a new unit just after Christmas and when we got the unit home the adjustable temp display to one side was not working properly. If you set it to 4 it would jump from 4 to 7 and back to 2 or 3 on its own. We took the unit back and got a replacement from Myer. When we got the new unit home we found only half the elements worked so only the left half of the toaster worked. We are very disappointed and are tossing up whether to try for a 3rd unit or get our money back and buy another brand. Such a shame as we also have a lot of other KitchenAid items which we use regularly and love.

Purchased at: Myer

Model: KMT423 Date Purchased: Aug 2017

really good toaster,

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2017

LED toast level indicator means that the last toaster settings are highlighted which has already saved many a slice. thick slices fit in, not sure what else to say, excepts its leaps ahead of any toasters we had before.
( also gives a beep when toast is ready which is good.

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate hearing feedback from customers on their experience with a product. Kind Regards, The KitchenAid Team

• 6 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 33 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: KMT423 Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Love this toaster

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2017

At last. An engineer of consummate taste and sensitivity has put some thought into the design of the humble toaster. Instead of continuing to use the tried and tested technology of a 15th century crossbow Kitchenaid have employed the use of a recent invention called electricity to lower the slice at the press of a button. In my old Sunbeam the unfortunate staff of life would be tortured in a place of torment as its pale flesh roasted and dehydrated to a carbonised crisp before it would be catapulted into oblivion. Instead it now reclines in the warmth of a bronzing sun until it is ready to be elevated to the surface by sublime engineering where it is piped aboard by I single beep.

And the toast tastes all the better for it.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi Glenina, Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we always appreciate hearing from customers about their experience with a product. Make sure you are signed up to our e-newsletter to re... read more »

Underwood, QLD

• 1 answer

Model: KMT423 Date Purchased: May 2017

Certainly Different

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2017

Bought one of these when previous toaster died. Strangely it toasts very "Dry", if that makes sense. Like the motor up/down feature, we have worked out our respective settings (3 on the left for me, and 4 on the right for her). One frustration is the beeper. When one is up, trying to get breakfast before the house wakes, the loud beep on completion is a nuisance. Bought in part because we have KitchenAID Mixer, and are trying to standardize on brands - more for aesthetics because customer loyalty is not well understood by vendors.

Model: KMT423 Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Toaster dial

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2017

My question is the dials on the toaster has no indication to show you where to move it too , so What I mean is I wanted to use medium to light toast , the dial has nothing on it to move too, I can see the pictures but it doesnt match up with a marking on the dial . Its a blank dial with no dots on it to move around incase someone else wants a different setting they have to take it to the start all way to the left then move it around and guess. so no 1234567 on dial or no lines
Why

Purchased at: Online Computer

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi Christine, Thank you for your feedback on this, we will pass it onto our design team for future reference. Kind Regards, The KitchenAid Team

What are your thoughts, Is it my toaster thats missing the dial notches or is it all the toasters made like this , so its a guessing system or once you find what you like you just leave it there.

Well I have thought outside the square , silly me . You don"t need dial numbers on the dial , because the windows highlight in a digital form showing you what number you are on . For example if yo... read more »

Sydney

• 1 review
  • 2 comments

Model: KMT423 Date Purchased: May 2017

What have we just done!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2017

We recently replaced our old Breville with this 4-slice KitchenAid one.

Upshot is that it looks a lot better than it toasts! On the max setting (7) it takes ages to toast and once done the toasting is uneven - this is using regular unfrozen brown bread (Helgas). Every now and then you have to re-toast the bread, which seems crazy having just spent ages toasting it already at the full setting!

I note that all of these toasters appear to have reduced the amount of Watts they run at, not sure the reasoning as it surely will use a similar amount of electricity as you have to toast for longer due to the lower power.

Now to see if I can take it back as it really isnt fit for purpose!

The only benefit you will never burn your toast!

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi Simon, if you contact our Customer Service Team they will be able to help you with any product issues. You can reach them 1800 990 990 or 02 4902 6500, alternatively you can email them on enquir... read more »

Will do and many thanks.

UPDATE: as per their suggestion I contacted the KitchenAid Customer Service Team and all credit to them inasmuch as they sent me a replacement unit without any quibble. Exemplary Service. That sa... read more »

Dulwich hill

• 2 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Model: KMT423

best toaster ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2016

This toaster rocks! Perfect toast every time. When you press the button the toaster beeps and slowly lowers the toast, has a countdown timer so you can see how long your toast has left to toast. When it's ready it slowly raises it and beeps so you know it's ready. No more toast leaping out if the toaster onto the bench or floor, and if you are in another room you can hear the beep when it's ready. Has a keep warm button and digital display which turns itself off after a while to save power. The toast browns perfect and even every time. Expensive at $212 but I love it. Let's hope it lasts lol.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Brisbane

• 39 comments
  • 25 answers
  • 94 helpful votes

Model: KMT423

Underwhelmed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2014

I used to have a brilliant 4 slice Breville Toaster which finally died after 6 years of excellent service. So did I run out and buy another Breville when it died? Unfortunately no. Unwisely I decided I would get something really classy this time and bought the Cuisinart (CPT440) 4 Slice toaster which was on special for $150... which I had to pack up and send back twice because both toasters left raw patches on the toast! After the 2nd one was returned, I got a refund and put in another $42 towards the top of the range KitchenAid Artisan KMT423 S/S 4 Slice Toaster which was $192.00. A ridiculous amount of money for a Toaster I know but by this stage I just wanted a toaster which would perform well and reasoned that surely this top of range toaster would.

I was so disappointed to find this is a veeery sloooow toaster and even more frustrating, the highest setting on number 5 on the dial, under-cooks the toast and the lowest setting on number 6 over-cooks the toast! I can't be bothered sending back yet another toaster and being forced to use our grill for another month while they stuff around with these substandard products which cost a small fortune. If I press the 'defrost' button first & set the dial to 5, the toast is dried out a bit but almost cooked so that will have to do. Every time I use this toaster I remind myself that this is my penance for not buying another Breville.... which I definitely will be doing when this piece of rubbish toaster finally dies!

+ It Looked Good

- It Doesn't Perform Well & Is Way Overpriced!

Read 29 related reviews