Review rating:

Geelong

Date Purchased: Sep 2013

Disappointing

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

I purchased this food processor to upgrade my 30-year-old, still functioning, food processor. I have had it for almost four years now so it is out of warranty. Used it 20 times maximum. Whilst making a batch of shortcrust pastry, the spindal shaft became completely wedged inside the blade. Massive effort to remove the bowl from the machine and eventually the spindal. Having paid $429.00 for the machine I am now going to be up for the repair costs for what is still a relatively new machine. Very disappointing.

Sunshine Coast

• 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Jan 2015

Very disappointing KitchenAid Food Processor

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 30, 2017

I'd heard such great reports about the quality & performance of KitchenAid products I decided to spend more money on what I believed would be a top quality appliance.
It's complicated & challenging to use. I have to constantly try locking & unlocking to get it to work. I don't put any food into the work bowl before trying first to see whether it's going to operate or I have to take it apart & reassemble. Now it makes a high pitched noise when operating!! Very disappointing for such a high priced item.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi Beau, if you contact our Customer Service Team on 1800 990 990 or 02 4902 6500, alternatively you can email them at [email protected] They will be able to help you with product issues. Kind Regards, The KitchenAid Team

• 2 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2014

Multipurpose blade jams on shaft

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

My wife received a KitchenAid KPF1333 for her birthday three years ago but has used it only six times as each time it has presented a challenge; it's like an albatross around her neck. She's used it only with the 3 litre Work Bowl and Multipurpose Blade. The blade is difficult to push on and even more difficult to remove as it jams on the black shaft. A black residue from the shaft material accumulates on the inside of the hole in the blade unit and binds the blade unit to the shaft. Apparently others have had this problem. To remove the blade unit, it is necessary to place the processor on the floor and hold it with your foot whilst grasping the column of the blade unit with two hands and tugging.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi Clynt, If you could get in contact with our Customer Service Team they will be able to help you with any product operation issues, you can reach them on 1800 990 990 or 02 4902 6500, alternative... read more »

I 'phoned 1800 990 990 and discussed our problem with KitchenAid customer service officer, Tara, who sent us, gratis, the new Multipurpose Blade which supersedes the one which came with our 2013 mo... read more »

After the installation of the Multipurpose Blade which superseded the original, the processor now works satisfactorily. A minor complaint is, however, that the rod on the top of the replacement bla... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Feb 2015

Love the stand mixer; hate the processor

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2016

This is the worst food processor I've ever owned. It will obliterate part of what you're trying to chop, but leave the rest in big chunks. Fine if you want purée but rubbish for everything else. Total waste of money. Don't buy one; I'll buy Mouli or Magimix when I can afford to replace it.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi TXH, We're very sorry that you've had trouble with your food processor. This sounds very unusual. Our Customer Service Team may be able to assist with the issues you are experiencing. They are a... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

feel like chucking it in the bin problems with bowl & lid and buttons ???

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2016

I to love kitchen aid, love my kitchen aid mixer so l thought l would buy a matching processor after my old breville processor died, sorry to say l it doesnt work always unlocking it and re locking it to try and get it to work and trying several times pressing the buttons to make it work, hate hate it feel like throwing it in the bin, not as good as my breville was !!!!!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi Karen, We're very sorry to hear you are not happy with your food processor. This sounds unusual so it is best to contact our customer service team so they can assist. You can contact them on 18... read more »

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

• 4 helpful votes

Problem with the bowl & lid. Poor service

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2016

There seems to be an issue with the locking mechanism between the lid and the bowl. KitchenAid were great in promising a replacement lid & bowl but it's been a month & a half and I have just been told it will take them a minimum of 5 more weeks! Communication from KitchenAid has been terrible and they only give you an update if you chase them. Very disappointed.

Also apparently, we shouldn't be keeping the lid & bowl locked in all the time! This wasn't specified in the manual at all!!

Purchased at: David Jones

PERTH

• 9 comments
  • 1 question
  • 4 answers
  • 118 helpful votes
Private message

Just chucked it in the bin, nuff said

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2015

I Love Kitchen Aid, I love my stand mixer and blender, hate, hate, hate this food processor, caused me no end of grief. You have to put it together one way only or it wont work, you have to push the handle one way or it wont work, the blade slips out during processing, it doesn't chop very well, its a pile of $600 rubbish. I had a lot of satisfaction opening my bin and pouring it and all of its very expensive accessories in the bin. My blood pressure went down immediately. Now to buy a simple one, just like my old Breville Kitchen Wizz, which lasted 14 years and worked every time...

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brisbane

• 1 question
  • 1 answer
Private message

Not been my best processor

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2015

I first bought the first one in around Feb last year within two weeks had an issue with it. Contacted Kitchenaid head office (Peter McInnes) and I could not fault their service. Received the new one and within months same issue. Once again contacted Peter McInnes and once again impeccable service. So impressed with their service. This week had the same issue with the latest one I received 1/7/14 and have contacted them again and waiting on a response from them. They were hit by the storm in Sydney last week so I don't mind waiting. I have the K itchenaid stand mixer which is my favourite kitchen appliance, love it! love it! love it! Unfortunately not a fan of the processor due to my experience with it ... definitely not Kitchenaid. It has a very light base which means depending on what you are using it for it moves all over the place. If you are using it for munching up biscuits or making a cheesecake, grating vegies etc, it is the ideal machine but if you are using it for anything that needs a little bit of grunt it doesn't cut the mustard, pardon the pun. I love cooking and use my appliance very often so I really need a reliable machine that can take a bit of heavy work. I was chopping liquorice allsorts in it but it can't handle it and the blade stuck on the spindle. We got the blade off but the spindle is burred. Not game to use it.