Model: 5KSM7581AFP (Frosted Pearl) Date Purchased: May 2017

Switch works sometimes, can't get whisk to bottom of bowl

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2017

KSM7581 bought from David Jones. Got it home and switch would only work sometimes. Rang kitchenaid who were very polite and told me where to take it for warranty repair. It was gone 2 weeks, came back with new "switch" and did the same thing. Rang kitchenaid who were again very polite, and covered it under warranty, off to service for 2 weeks and came back exactly the same (with another "new switch"). Rang kitchenaid who were very understanding, and exchanged it for a new one, which does exactly the same thing. The speed switch works only about half the time.

Purchased at: David Jones

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi Barb, can you please send our contact details to [email protected], along with the Stand Mixer's serial number so we can try and help. Sometimes a Stand Mixer beater-to-bowl clearance ... read more »

Model: 5KSM7581ACA (Candy Apple Red) Date Purchased: Jul 2012

A fabulous Appliance!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2017

I have found this appliance invaluable, I have two standard blades/dough hook, but I am looking for the scraper blade. Where can I find one please? My pizzas and cakes always come out perfect.I love it! I have been using it for the last 5 years without a hitch. I feel the scraper blade would make life much easier when making my cske batters.

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi Trish, We are very happy to hear you love your KitchenAid Stand Mixer! Unfortunately we do not sell the Flex Edge Beater for that bowl size anymore, you may be able to find one if you have a hun... read more »

Model: 5KSM7581ACA (Candy Apple Red) Date Purchased: May 2012

Ok for cakes but not suitable for heavy dough!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2017

I initially really liked my kitchenAid however it's clearly not made for producing yeast doughs and the likes. It worked ok for a while ( I only really started to use it in 2016) and now the gear is totally worn out. The gear is made of plastic and while the rest of the machine gives a sturdy impression the inside can't keep up. My sister in-law, who is a chef knew about this and told me to buy a Kenwood but I liked the look of kitchenAid. That's why I opted for a heavy duty model but it was still a let down. I also have the same problem of other users in that the sides stay untouched during the mixing procedure which means I have to scrape it down all the time. I am very disappointed by this product.

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi Mirjam, we would appreciate it if you contacted our Customer Service Team who will be able to help you with product issues. You can reach them on 1800 990 990 or 02 4902 6500, alternatively you ... read more »

Verified Purchase Model: 5KSM7581ACA (Candy Apple Red) Date Purchased: Jan 2017

A lot of issues

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2017

Purchased this KA recently but had issues with the speed control (stopped when changing the speed). KitchenAid kindly agreed for a return but the new machine presents exactly the same problem + few accessories were missing in the box (dough hook + pouring shield) + paint scratch on the front.

Purchased at: Kitchen Warehouse

Verified Purchase Model: 5KSM7581ACA (Candy Apple Red) Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Worst experience i have ever had in buying an appliance.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2016

Deciding to purchase a KitchenAid ProLine KSM7581 for my Wife's Christmas present has been one of the worst experiences i have ever had in buying an appliance.

I had originally ordered a Frosted Pearl ProLine from Appliances Online. When it arrived had grease leaked from gearbox all over the unit. The stainless steel bowl had minor dents, which is made in India by the way and the paddle and dough hook attachment coating had scratching all over them.

So after dealing with Appliances Online they informed me that a replacement Frosted Pearl was out of stock until March 2017 so a Candy Apple Red unit was sent in replacement.

Two weeks later the second mixer arrived it had a pretty significant dent in the bowl-lift metal rails ,mismatched paint underneath the bowl lift, terrible paint over-spray , blemishes on the stainless bowl once again and scratches on the trim band.

This time i contacted KitchenAid directly to query the issues in which they requested the unit to be couriered and inspected.

After receiving the unit back none of the issues had been resolved and i have been told by the KitchenAid assessors and customer support that my unit meets KitchenAid quality specifications.

I feel let down and majorly disappointed in KitchenAid. For an AUD$1299 flagship stand mixer i would expect better.

Purchased at: Appliances Online

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi MatthewL, We are very sorry to hear of your experience with us. If you would like to send an email to [email protected] we can look into this further for you. Kind regards, The KitchenAid Team

Moonee beach, Nsw

• 3 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Model: 5KSM7581ACA (Candy Apple Red) Date Purchased: Mar 2016

This thing is awesome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2016

I did all the research before buying and am so happy I did. Such an awesome machine. We make tough pizza dough and it handles it better than any other mixer I've used before. The only downside is the price but if you can live with that a 5 year warranty and full metal internal gears more than make up for it. Save yourself the time and hassle and spend the money up front to get a decent product

Purchased at: Appliances Online

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Thanks again smugs for taking the time to post a review! We really appreciate it.

5KSM7581AFP (Frosted Pearl)

Hi! I bought KSM7581 Ktchenaide mixer. It has a 6.9 l bow. Bought this model to use mostly for dough making. Only problem is that it can mix properly ONLY large amounts. It leave sides unattached and I have to stop it many times and scrape the sides manually. Also there is no way that I can mix 2-3 egg whites, or anything in small quantities! Friends who have big capacity Kenwood mixer can mix even 1 egg white with Kenwood. I was given advice, to turn the screw under the head of the mixer a little to lower the hook in order to reach the bottom of the bowl. That still leave the sides untouched. Very disappointed that there is no smaller bowl available for this model, which would be maybe better with smaller amounts, like 2-3 egg whites. When I bought this model, I was under imprison that it can mix small and large quantities equally good. I bought a flexy attachment also, but I cant use it for dough. Please help? Regards,Valery.

valery asked on Nov 23, 2016

Answer this

Hi Valery. We have beaten one egg white in ours before. If you use the correct attachment in the mixer you shouldn't have any problems. How large is a large quantity? We make dough for 4 pizza bases in one go using the dough hook. Haven't had a problem with it not mixing before. What type of dough are you making?

Hi Valery, we are sorry to hear about your experience making dough in your new KSM7581 Mixer. For further assistance with the height adjustment of your bowl and quantities to use, please contact our Customer Service Team on 1800 990 990 or 02 490267500. We here at KitchenAid pride ourselves on producing only the highest quality appliances and we value our customer feedback and therefor will pass this onto our marketing team to investigate and look into further. Apologies again, Kind Regards, The KitchenAid Team

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

5KSM7581ACA (Candy Apple Red) 5KSM7581AFP (Frosted Pearl)
Type Benchtop Benchtop
Price (RRP) $1299 $1299
Mixing Speeds 10 10

The main difference between these models is colour