Model: KSM170 Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Don’t know what I was waiting for.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

Really happy with this product. Put of spending the money and one day bit the bullet.
Least regrettable purchase you’ll ever make. The quality is exceptional. I have the gunmetal grey look one with the glass bowl.
The bowl is dishwasher safe and so easy to clean considering it’s size.
The speeds come in a variety and good amount of options to choose from.
Comes with 3 different attachments - my favourite is the kneader and making pasta has never been easier.

Would highly recommend.

Well Impressed

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

I have wanted a KitchenAid for a long time, love it now that I have it. Just one down side to it, is that it doesn't mix the bottom of the bowl and you have to use a scraper to mix back in. I also like that I have the option of the small bowl or the bigger bowl.
Love that it is as quiet as it is.

My dream has come true

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

Although have only just purchased my mixer I live it a d am very impressed with how quiet it is looking forward to lots of fun. I also have the processor attachment but have not used yet and Icecream maker will be much more fun . Looking forward to get other attachments in the future.

SYDNEY

• 1 question

Model: KSM160 Artisan Date Purchased: Nov 2018

Why did I wait sooo long!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

I honestly cant believe I waited so long to purchase one of these amazing machines! I've only had it for a week now & I've made the best vanilla ice cream I've ever tasted & several cakes. It looks beautiful in my kitchen, I highly recommend KitchenAid! Even for non cooks as it's just so easy!

Purchased at: David Jones

Melbourne

Model: KSM150 Artisan Date Purchased: Sep 2018

It's changed my life!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

I use my KitchenAid at least a couple of times a week to make cakes, bread dough, and pasta dough. It truly has changed my life! Saves me so much and I can do other things while the machine is working away. The attachments are easy to change over, cleaning is a breeze and I also bought the smaller bowl, which is super handy. Definitely a worthy addition to my kitchen.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 5 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: KSM150 Artisan Date Purchased: Aug 2015

A true workhorse

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

Really love my KitchenAid Stand Mixer. It is so versatile and powerful yet will thoroughly incorporate ingredients without over processing. The unit sits on my kitchen bench and is a heavy piece of kit. That said, it is quick and easy to clean. Yes, it is expensive but parts should be available for many years to come and I've every confidence that this machine will last and last.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Perth

• 1 review

Relaible

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2018

The mixer is totally easy to use, reliable with no fuss. With the number of speed, which makes it more easy for making pastries. The attachements and accessories are useful to whatever kind of food you are going to make. It is definitly worth buying if you decide to own one.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi Tata,

Thanks for your message and the great review. We hope you continue to enjoy using your Stand Mixer and its attachments.

Verified Purchase Model: KSM150 Artisan Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Fantastic addition to the kitchen!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

Saves me so much time for whipping up meringue, and cake batter etc. I gave it 4 stars because I find the mixer attachment by itself cannot "clean" the bowl well, so maybe will need to buy the Flex Edge Beater. I don't really use it for dough making because I find it is quite easy to over knead the doughs.

Purchased at: Kogan.com

• 1 review

Model: KSM170 Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Jammed beater first time used

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

Well the beater is jammed on first use so not happy
What more can I say?
Irritated beyond belief now I have to take it back to shop
I purchased three at the same time so I hope when I now have to open the boxes which were Christmas presents that I can put them back in ant the beaters aren’t jammed

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi there, We're sorry to hear about your experience with the beater. If you could please email us at marketing@kitchenaid.com.au with your contact details, our customer service team will be in co... read more »

• 1 answer
  • 7 helpful votes

Model: KSM160 Artisan Date Purchased: Sep 2018

One month, 3 uses and it won't turn on. Waste of money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

My kitchenaid turns one month old today. So far I have made 1 batch of butter cream icing, 1 cheese cake and half a chocolate cake. I say half because it won't turn on any more.
Whemb it did work.. The motor is extremely noisy, very clunky. The speed of the blade is not consistent,, it speeds up and slows down all the time. But now it won't turn on so it's one hll of an expensive paper weight who would have thought it can't even make 3 items?

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi Ali, Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience. Can you please send us an email to marketing@kitchenaid.com.au with your contact details and the serial n... read more »

Melbourne

• 3 comments
  • 7 answers
  • 9 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: KSM150 Artisan Date Purchased: Dec 2017

My Wife loves it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

This mixer the cathedral i call it due to it being very flashy and very, very heavy it something i am happy with. The Cheese and Kisses loves it, it does everything she want with easy. I am no longer the Kitchen Aid!
It is good for me as i can use her old cheap mixer, so win, win!

Purchased at: Kogan.com

The Entrance NSW 2261

• 2 questions
  • 6 answers

Model: KSM160 Artisan Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Only one word for my KSM160 KitchenAid Stand Mixer - PERFECT!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

This mixer is certainly one to be extremely happy with. I'm so, so happy I bought mine - I always wanted one of these but I had to save for it. It is worth it's weight in gold!
I've been baking now for my family for approx. 45 years & the performance of this mixer has no comparison with any other I've ever used. This machine is amazing!!
I'm yet to buy some of the attachments, but for now I'm happy to have this mixer.
Coming with 2 size bowls makes things so much easier too!
The only negative thing I can say about my KitchenAid KSM160 Stand Mixer is, "I waited too long to buy this.
I'm honoured to highly recommend this machine. If you haven't got one yet; don't waste more of your time...go get one ASAP!!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi Sheree,

We are delighted to hear such a wonderful review. We hope you continue to enjoy using your Stand Mixer and that it keeps you feeling inspired with delicious new recipes!

Palm Beach

Model: KSM160 Artisan Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Great for the avid cook

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

I had been wanting one of these for a long time & I finally lashed out & got one. I absolutely love it, it makes cooking a breeze. It has quite a few speed options which are great, but just make sure you have the cover on if you are using a higher speed, otherwise there may be a bit of mess. There are a great range of accessories which can do almost anything & the fact that it came with two different size bowls makes baking a breeze. I highly recommend.

Purchased at: Myer

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for your review – we’re happy to hear you love your Stand Mixer!

Kind regards,

Springwood

Model: KSM160 Artisan Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Satisfied!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2018

I love this product, and have used it to make lots of batters and doughs. The option for other separate attachments for the machine is a huge plus, and makes everything easier. I also find myself using the meat grinder attachment often. One huge con however is the weight of the appliance, but its' functionality makes up for it. Overall it's a great stand mixer, and worth the investment.

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi Crystal,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We always love and appreciate hearing great feedback from our customers on their experience with any of our products. Enjoy using your Stand Mixer!

Thanks,

Brisbane

• 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: KSM160 Artisan Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Disappointing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2018

Purchased my machine a week ago and when I used it for the first time it emitted a loud, continuous, screeching noise and tiny shards of metal landed in my cake mix. I have waited for years to purchase one of these machines as to me Kitchen Aid has always been the “holy grail” of mixers. I couldn’t believe that I had received a “dud”! However I have been very impressed by Kitchen Aid Customer Service, extremely prompt and helpful.

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi Margy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're sorry to hear about your experience with the Stand Mixer. I hope our Customer Service team has been able to further assist and rectify this issue.

Thanks,

Sydney, NSW

Verified Purchase Model: KSM170 Date Purchased: Sep 2018

The best looking appliance out there!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

We purchased our gorgeous Candy Apple Red KitchenAid KSM170 Stand Mixer two weeks ago and we're in love. What a sturdy and good looking kitchen appliance. Easy to use and highly functional, we're happy with our investment! We've tried many different brands over the years and they don't seem to withstand the test of time so we're hopeful this beauty will.

We've also just purchased the meat grinder attachment (the other attachments are quite expensive and some [the food processor] don't look overly functional on YouTube reviews...) and can't wait to try that out. But so far as the mixer goes, we're impressed. It's easy to simply say "but it's just a stand mixer" yet it's really so much more than that. It's an icon and a focal point in our kitchen, and more importantly, it's helped me to uncover a new found love of cooking and baking.

Thanks KitchenAid!

Regards,
Proud parents of Ruby - she's an absolute gem! ;)

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi Candace, We appreciate your time in writing us a review and are delighted to hear that our products have ignited a passion of cooking within you. We hope you continue to enjoy using your Stand... read more »

Model: KSM150 Artisan Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Love it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2018

Love this product so far. I haven't had it long but have made cakes and buns. Works perfectly both the beater and the dough hook. Have always wanted one and has lived up to expectations. My daughter in-law has had one now for 18yrs with no problems plus my daughter has had one for 2yrs, both love theirs. They are heavy, 10kgs but after all they are meant to sit on your bench. Recommend this product.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi Margie,

Thanks for your review – we’re happy to hear you're pleased with your Stand Mixer - happy mixing!

Kind regards,

Model: KSM160 Artisan Date Purchased: Jan 2018

easy to use, i love to use it with my grandaiughter

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

it is a very good mixer and very strong. my grandaiughter made the cookies with it and very easy to use. I hope to make more in the future. it is easy to clean and the colour is the same like all my appliances. ther are also alot of heads that i can use

Purchased at: Bing Lee

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi Lien,

Thanks for your message and the great review. We hope you continue to enjoy using your Stand Mixer and continue to feel inspired. Happy baking and creating!

Port Adelaide, SA

Model: KSM170 Date Purchased: Apr 2016

It's a tat load but mixes well

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2018

I've made cakes, cookies and bases in this fantastic mixer. It's super easy to use and super easy to clean just lift up and out and off you go! Very pleased and love I mean really love the colour as it has that pop. The only problem we have is its a little loud

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Perth

• 4 helpful votes

Model: KSM156 Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Works well.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2018

I have various attachments for this mixer and use the drum kit for grating and shredding the most. It is expensive and I would have kept adding to this, but a bad experience with aftercare turned me away from the brand so I no longer buy kitchen aid. Expensive products like this that dont followup with good aftercare are not worth the price premium

1 of 13 pages

KSM150 Artisan

Hi there, I would like to buy a clear glass bowl for my kitchen aid ksm 150.all of the bowls say they fit ksm 150pd. Will this fit mine?

Kim asked on Nov 26, 2018

KSM160 Artisan

Hi there, I bought Kitchenaid KSM160 last week, because I am mainly making sourdough bread every week. I was really excited to use it, but when I used it for making the sourdough, dough has came up the Beater shaft so many times, so I push down the dough every seconds..Is it normal or not normal?? This movement made me little bit upset.. I wasnt expecting like this and disappointed.. I added all ingredients about 1kg〜1.3kgs in it.. I thought it will fit maximum 1.5kgs isnt it?! Also it has been really heated up on a Motor head, when I was mixing more than 20 mints..so I started to worried about is it ok?? Thank you for your time, I look forwards to hearing from you soon. Yours sincerely,

Kity asked on Oct 14, 2018

Answer this

Hi Kitty, I’m sorry to hear this! Are you using the bigger bowl? I was making a pavlova the other day & when I was eating the egg whites, this also crept up above the attachment. I just assumed I had too much in the bowl. I was using the large bowl too. My motor does not get hot at all. If I were you I’d be in touch with the seller of your mixer regarding it getting hot. I hope you do get positive results. I’d be interested to hear your outcome regarding the mixture creeping up above the attachment though. Regards, Sheree.

KSM170

Hi. If I purchase a KSM170 and then also buy spare stainless steel bowls will I be able to use a pouring shield ? It seems the shields are designed for the KSM150/KSM160 models with stainless bowls. Thanks.....Dave

David asked on Oct 08, 2018

Answer this

Hi Dave! I'm sorry but I don't have the knowledge to answer your question. If you call Myers or KitchenAid they may be able to help you. Cheers, Sheree.

See all 93 questions about KitchenAid Stand Mixer

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

KSM150 Artisan KSM160 Artisan KSM170 KSM156 * KSM155 Artisan *
Type Benchtop Benchtop Benchtop Benchtop Benchtop
Price (RRP) 849 849 849 849 849
Mixing Speeds 10 10 10 10 10
Motor Power 300 300 300 300 300

* Discontinued

The main difference between these models is generation & included attachments

Prices