Very disappointed!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2017

Very disappointed with Kitchen U build in Carrum Downs with the long wait for the kitchen to be finished after they came & pulled out our existing one and left us living with out a stove, oven, hotplate, sink or dishwasher for 2 month!
All the measurements were wrong, they never measured before they delivered, the sink cabinet was made too small, even though we bought the sink from Kitchen u build and also the range hood we bought from them right from beginning did not fit in the range hood cabinet, all the top overhead cupboards are 90 cm but they delivered a 60 cm cupboard!
And the worst is, they made the drawers all too short, there is a Gap at the back behind them of 8 cm,
nothing is stopping the dishes from sliding behind the drawers & falling down and i can't even get the cutlery trays for them, when I complained to [name removed], he promised he is going to make them deeper, but then they changed their minds, like with few things!
We did not get the Rubbish bin I ordered from beginning, no sidewall for my fridge and they did not even put a shelf in the cabinet over the fridge, like agreed with [name removed], plus they took their time to come & finish our kitchen, they came only once a week unannounced and mostly late afternoon between 4 and 5 pm, until I asked them to call us a day before they come, because we can't sit and wait for them & nobody shows up!
And we also asked them to come during the day and not at night and disturb our evenings with drilling and other noise!
The contract to build the kitchen was signed & ordered on the 13 of February 2017 and they finished it
on the 10 of June 2017!
We would never deal with Kitchen U build CARRUM DOWNS again!

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Hi, Vera, I am speaking with Carrum Downs Showroom regarding your concerns and will be in touch shortly.
Kitchens U Build

Kitchens U Build Official

HI Vera, Yes, you signed the contracts on the 13th Feb 2017, final payment wasn't received until 8th May 2017, as you were on holidays. Delivery was booked for 9th May, removal of your original ki... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 comments
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Very disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

Our 2 day job turned into 2 and a half weeks. Wrong cupboard doors ordered, also missing handles. Only one person to deliver kitchen cupboards, one package weighing 160kg and my husband had no choice but to help delivery man. He told us if we paid extra we could have had 2 delivery men. This was not explained to us otherwise we would have done so. The mess left on our verandah by the installer was absolutely disgusting, not only packaging and sawdust everywhere but also the scraps of his lunch. I also now have to repair some of the walls in the house where the cupboards were clearly not carefully brought into my home. My husband also had to fix our rangehood which was perfectly ok when he removed it the evening before so the installer could run a strip along the front of it. Very disappointed.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Hi Sue, I have sent you a message on which you haven't responded to as yet so we can discuss the issues you have? As our contract states: an unload assist is required at your end, as we do not ... read more »

Good evening, just wandering if I will receive a response from the email with photos that I sent you.mmmm

Kitchens U Build Official

I'm sorry Sue, I haven't received any photos from you or have I received any information in regards to which showroom you attended. You can email photos anddetails through on the following email ... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer

Disappointing all round

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2016

Our benchtop was delivered at the wrong size, wrong parts were sent even though we went with their installer and had them come out and do measurements. We were informed that we would have to wait the full 3 weeks for replacements, so our kitchen is still half done.
The parts that were delivered looked good, tru-tech drawers work well. Quality was good, just disappointing service and made us regret paying the full amount up front.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Hi Disappointed, I have private messaged you, so that I can get some more details so that I can investigate this matter further.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Carol-Lynne

Has anyone had their kitchen from U build for a couple of years and could comment on wear and tear? Is your white turning yellow etc?

Julia asked on Jun 24, 2018

Answer this

Hi Julia, Thank you for asking the question. Our doors are Australian made and UV protected, which means they wont turn yellow even if in direct sunlight. There is a 7 year warranty on the doors. Our drawer runners and door hinges (all soft close) are Hettich and come with a lifetime warranty. Our carcasses have 16mm backs, which makes them very sturdy. Doors from Overseas or 2 Pac are not UV protected and will go yellow over time. Hopefully one of our customers will also provide some feedback for you.
Please feel free to drop by any of our showrooms to see the quality of our products.
Thanks Kitchens U Build

Hi Julia, I have had my kitchen for approx 7 years. I have white vinyl wrap draws (under bench), and there is no sign at all of yellowing. My overhead cupboards are a black stripe vinyl wrap. Very glossy finish. Everything wipes clean easily. I don't have kids, so can't comment there. It still looks like brand new, but I do take care of it. Everything is wearing well. KUB always gave me great service.
Julie :)