NEVER AGAIN

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2016

Would use these guys ago... The salesman has an ego bigger than Ben Hurr.... Delivered a dodgy kitchen... Didn't listen.
Nothing is right

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Hi Nicole, so sorry to read about your experience with Kitchens U Build. I have private messaged you in order to obtain a few more details relating to your experience.

Worst Experience Ever. Do Not Use KUB, Moorabbin

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2016

I thought I would be "smart" and get the company that provided the "custom" kitchen to also install the kitchen to make sure there was less hassle. It couldn't of been further from the truth. After spending almost $10k and 6 months they were the worst decision I have made in my entire life. The installer came over and measured for 5 mins our entire kitchen which is when we should of been worried. He then passed on the measurements at which point all broke down. The kitchen didn't have the right parts, apparently my kitchen isn't a perfect rectangle and instead of measuring it to make a "custom" kitchen which they profess we had to wait 6-8 week for parts every time they stuff it up which covered 6 months! The kitchen bench top wasn't long enough due to the wall being skew. Every single tradie we brought in immediately noticed this while "our" installer didn't and didn't proceed to help amend the measurements to make sure the kitchen fitted. He made sure to do a dodgy job miss aligning cupboards, drawers and everything they could. He used dirty stickers over all the holes he stuffed up. He didn't bother a quick sweep before securing the skirting board. They also didn't finish the install correctly so electricians had to come back time again as parts where missing meaning a week of eat out since we couldn't use an oven. They are the worst! Maybe if you buy and install yourself but don't trust them our kitchen was a nightmare. The installer only cared about Kitchens U Build as he was a contractor and not about us the customers. Avoid at all costs otherwise it will cost you more!!

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Hi Paul, Sorry to hear about your experience with Kitchens U Build didn't go as smoothly as we both would like. I am investigating this matter with the installer to see what areas can be improved.
Thank you for your feedback.

Hi Carol-Lynne,
We still have a dishwasher that wasn't installed correctly including the kicker. If you want to fix that happy for you to send someone over. Wasn't expecting a reply after posting this 13 months ago.
Cheers, Paul

Kitchens U Build Official

Hi Paul, we have only recently joined Product Review, so even though your comments were posted a while ago, I am touching base with all customers who have posted comments.

Craigieburn

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

Don't put yourself through it go somewhere else, there is a reason they make you pay up front.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2016

Bought kitchen for my 80 year old mum and paid for installation from campbellfield (which is by a subcontractor who has a flooring business who was only interested in trying to sell my mum new floors) we had to keep ringing him and asking him to come back and finish and he had excuse after excuse but did finally come back. Then they gave my mum a bench with industrial glue stuck on the surface and told me it wasn't there fault and it must of been the installer (of course I had to ring him but as expected he wasn't taking the blame. I then paid for a new bench and was told they wouldn't be able to install with the warranty department so I would have to organise for the install with there subcontractor which I passed on and decided that I would just do myself, well I waited all day for the bench delivery on the day they advised and told me I must be home to help unload but suprise suprise they didn't even bother coming. There is a reason these guys insist on payment up front and it's because your only option for justice is vcat and they bank on you not doing that.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Hi Gary, Sorry to read about the experience you had with Kitchens U Build. I have private messaged you so that i can obtain a few details so that I can investigate this matter further.
thanks
Carol-Lynne Mitchell

Kitchens U Build Official

Hi Gary, I have spoken with the Campbellfield showroom who have provided me with emails from yourself, admitting that the bench top was not damaged by Kitchens U Build. In a gesture of good will a ... read more »

Wow I think your responses to people's feedback says it all, if they say positive things you thank them for their honesty but if they dare tell the truth about how it was a terrible experience some... read more »

• 3 helpful votes

Disappointing all round

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2016

Our benchtop was delivered at the wrong size, wrong parts were sent even though we went with their installer and had them come out and do measurements. We were informed that we would have to wait the full 3 weeks for replacements, so our kitchen is still half done.
The parts that were delivered looked good, tru-tech drawers work well. Quality was good, just disappointing service and made us regret paying the full amount up front.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Hi Disappointed, I have private messaged you, so that I can get some more details so that I can investigate this matter further.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

2 Day Job Turns Into 10 Week NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 22, 2017

I don’t often call out a company on social media, but we want everyone to know about the horrible experience we have had renovating our kitchen, with a company called Kitchens U Build. We went through the Bayswater store however they operate from several locations – which we thought was a good sign. Surely a company with that many stores is doing something right.

They were great throughout the design and ordering process but unfortunately require payment in full before they will deliver and install your order. Once paid, all customer service and care goes out the window.

This two day job, turned into 10 weeks of inconvenience – not being able to use the kitchen for at least half of that time as no appliances were connected up. Having to take time from work, work from home or reschedule things to ensure someone was at home on the SEVEN occasions that they attended. Not only inconveniencing us but also inconveniencing a wide range of people from our electrician, carpenter, plasterer and plumber as we were constantly having to rearrange things with them.

As you will see, the company resisted our requests for compensation. We aren’t all about money, but we did think it was fair that they provide us with some sort of compensation due to the fact a 2 day job turned into a 58 day job. It was clear that this was never going to happen and so we gave in and had the company design and quote our laundry. When queried, they had offered a 15% discount which they called generous (amounted to $780 on kitchen that cost us $12K for cabinetry)

Please please please – if you are consider renovating your kitchen or have friends or family who are thinking of doing so – please let them know of this experience. I would hate to see other people be inconvenienced and treated in the same manner.

22nd May - 1st visit
Kitchen works begin – scheduled to be completed in two days.

23rd May - 2nd visit
Met with installer. Discussed fact that bench 1 had not been cut to size and bench 2 should be replaced due to unacceptable modification and install, along with multiple other issues. Followed this up with an email and photos to the office.

24th May & 25th May
Contacted KUB to find out what was happening as no one had contacted us. Attitude was blasé and disinterested. They advised that benchtops had been reordered and would take 10 days to be remade. I requested a response to our email of 23rd May. KUB responded and advised that they would definitely keep us informed about the status of the job and would contact us to discuss the logistics and arrange delivery, install etc.

3rd June
Emailed KUB for a status update and requested a discussion regarding compensation in form of a partial refund – ie installation price. KUB advised that the installer was booked in to attend on Tuesday 6th June. No one had bothered to contact us to discuss this, we were just expected to be available obviously.

6th June - 3rd visit
Installer onsite to refit benches and finish outstanding works. Was unable to complete as he had not been provided the right materials for the drawers and was short several handles. Advised he would return 10th June.

10th June - 4th visit
Installed arrived without our handles as they weren’t in stock (even though we had ordered them?) but provided an alternate option which we accepted to avoid further delays. Further advised by installed that he did not have the correct drawer runners.

Attempted to contact the office several times who eventually answered the phone and advised that they no longer stock these and would need to be ordered in (again – even though we had ordered them.)

At this point we escalated the issue. I contacted the Moorabbin store for contact details of the owner, who refused to provide me with these. Eventually another franchise provided them and I emailed the relevant contact. Advised that we were planning on renovating our laundry dependant on how the kitchen reno went & that we would now look elsewhere as we had lost faith in their services & that per our email to the office, we would like to discuss a partial refund and enquired as to what they thought would be appropriate. We received a response quite quickly with the promise that this would be looked into next business day.

13th June
Received email from owner, advising warranty manager would contact us to arrange a time. I asked owner what compensation in form of a partial refund she believed appropriate & confirmed we would be open to coming to an arrangement regarding the laundry. Advised she wanted to gather all the information so she would be in a better position to look at options.

13th June
Received a phone call from the warranty manager to book in time on 17th June.

14th June
Received email in error from owner to Operation Manager discussing situation and querieid whether the warranty manager should be provided with materials to rectify defects “to get us to stop complaining” or “hope the original installer could get around to getting it fixed.”

17th June
5th visit
Warranty manager onsite – agreed that the quality and standard of the installation was “rubbish” and that the installers rush the jobs. He advised he would order materials for those items that needed to be fixed.

20th June
Email from owner advising parts ordered and that she understood we wanted our laundry done. Advised that on next visit, they would measure up the laundry and design and quote providing a “generous” discount.

21st June
We replied to this email requesting, for the avoidance of doubt that a list be emailed through outlining the outstanding works so that we were all on the same page. I was emailed an incomplete list which missed four key items and responded accordingly – no response.

30th June
Emailed KUB and requested an update as we had heard nothing. KUB responded and advised that we were booked in for 8th July.

8th July - 6th visit
Warranty manager onsite – drawers still incomplete. Advised that he would order the relevant materials as the company who made these were across the road from the office, and he should be able to come back in a couple of days to finish.

9th July
Contacted Warranty Manager and advised that the wrong door had been replaced on the pantry. They replaced the perfectly fine one and left the damaged one.

18th July
Contacted office. Advised that this was unacceptable. KUB advised that the order had come in. Advised that if the job was not complete by COB 22nd July that we would contact our financial institution regarding product warranty and retract the payment – was laughed at in response.

Emailed owner and advised that the delays were unacceptable & that this had been ongoing for 10 weeks.

19th July - 7th visit
Warranty Manager onsite to finalise job.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Hi Lisa, Thanks for your review. We have attended to all your concerns after the installation and have rectified any concerns you have had. As we only want good outcomes with happy customers, w... read more »

Ballarat KUB Top Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

Got budget kitchen and installation from Ballarat KUB early 2018.

Everyone was pleasant to deal with and efficient.

Good quality cabinets.

I'm a tradie and was highly impressed with the competence of the installer and the quality of the installation.

Top value for money.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Ballarat

A Great Service and Product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

The Ballarat franchise is well run, providing a caring and prompt service with good attention to detail. This includes very helpful advice on design, with everything on time and the installation conducted promptly and professionally. Their customer service was excellent.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Thank you so much for your review.

MELBOURNE

Private message

From the showroom sales team to the installation guys it was a pleasure to deal with them

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2018

Great knowlege of the products with practical advise from the show room staff
Goods delivered on time and installed by a professional team
Every detail taken care of
Exceptional communications from the office

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Thanks Brett for the feedback. So glad you are happy with Kitchens U Build.

will recommend you to anybody.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Excellent customer service and support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

Stacey and Garrett have managed to design and install our dreamed kitchen at a very competitive rate. They were very supportive throughout the process and highly recommend them.
We are now ready for our next project with them!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Thank you for the lovely feedback. Appreciate you taking the time out to share your Kitchens U Build Experience
Regards,

kitchens U Build Ballarat

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2017

After getting quotes from several other businesses in Ballarat and being in a state of confusion, we visited Kitchens U Build in Delacombe. Stacey made us feel welcome and comfortable from the moment we arrived, Stacey walked us through the process and helped us to design the kitchen WE wanted. Garrett installed the kitchen for us taking care and pride in the job. It makes a difference when you have people who clearly love what they do. Being incredibly happy with the price helped too, but it was the friendly personalities of two wonderful people that made the decision easy for us. Well done guys, you truly are a professional company. We will be back to organise and plan our laundry very soon. I wouldn't consider going anywhere else.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Hi Helen,
So glad to hear your experience with Kitchens U Build was great.
We appreciate your feedback.

• 2 comments

Very disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

Our 2 day job turned into 2 and a half weeks. Wrong cupboard doors ordered, also missing handles. Only one person to deliver kitchen cupboards, one package weighing 160kg and my husband had no choice but to help delivery man. He told us if we paid extra we could have had 2 delivery men. This was not explained to us otherwise we would have done so. The mess left on our verandah by the installer was absolutely disgusting, not only packaging and sawdust everywhere but also the scraps of his lunch. I also now have to repair some of the walls in the house where the cupboards were clearly not carefully brought into my home. My husband also had to fix our rangehood which was perfectly ok when he removed it the evening before so the installer could run a strip along the front of it. Very disappointed.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Hi Sue, I have sent you a message on which you haven't responded to as yet so we can discuss the issues you have? As our contract states: an unload assist is required at your end, as we do not ... read more »

Good evening, just wandering if I will receive a response from the email with photos that I sent you.mmmm

Kitchens U Build Official

I'm sorry Sue, I haven't received any photos from you or have I received any information in regards to which showroom you attended. You can email photos anddetails through on the following email ... read more »

• 11 helpful votes

Love Our Kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2015

Kitchens U Build installed our kitchen about two years ago. We'd looked at a few other companies, but Kitchens U Build had the best price. Their sales person was really helpful in suggesting design changes, the installers turned up when they were supposed to as did the stone mason the company uses. All in all it was a smooth experience and our kitchen still looks great despite some heavy wear. Recently, another cabinet maker assumed that the kitchen cost us $18k-$20k when if fact it was around $12k. We also recommended the company to friends and their new kitchen is going in shortly.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Hi Parent of 3, Love to hear that you had a wonderful experience with Kitchens U Build. Being a family owned business we pride ourselves on making each and every experience run as smoothly as possible.

Great Product and Service - Boronia KUB

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

Great service, offering great kitchens. Extremely happy with the end result.
Nothing was ever too hard for this team. A few years later I ordered more cupboards for the kitchen and laundry, this time we assembled and installed ourselves. Very easy, and Shaun was always available to help troubleshoot.
Highly recommend.

new benchtop

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2018

After having my new bench top installed by an installer who works for the Bayswater North store, all went well, apart from the fact that we had to apply the silicone myself and he did not follow up with an issue regarding a gap around the sink, even after numerous phone calls to him . Left a feeling that the job could have been completed a bit more professionally.

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Sorry to hear this; can you please provide me with your details and contract No and I will look into the matter.

Thanks to the KUB Traralgon office

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2017

Ever since the first day of Daniel and Dane come to install our new kitchen, they were both very professional and timely efficient. Both my husband and I are very pleased about our kitchen from Kitchens U Build, Traralgon office. All the staff we spoke to were friendly and courteous for our questions. I would highly recommend anyone purchasing a kitchen from this company. Thanks Samantha for your energy and design guru status.

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Hi Diane, Thank you so much for sharing your experience.
So glad you enjoy your new kitchen

Great Service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2017

Thank you to Kitchens U Build Traralgon, we popped in store not knowing what to expect and right from the word go the service we received was great! Sam came straight out that day and helped us with a design and ideas we had not even considered! That same day we received a drawing and quote and a follow up call, from a project we had been putting off to now being able to see our dream kitchen come to life in one day! From here the process was so easy and here I am now sitting up to our bench admiring something I just absolutely love! Thanks to Daniel and Dane for installing our kitchen we even loved the singing! Highly recommend.

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Hi Sheryl, Always great to hear positive feedback from our customers. Thrilled that you are happy with your experience with Kitchens U Build Traralgon.

We are enjoying our kitchen - Thank You KUB Carrum Downs

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2017

We worked with the Carrum Downs KUB. Louis worked with us on our design. He provided excellent insight in to how to achieve our desired outcomes. We are very happy with the end result. Paul project managed the rip out and installation supported by Alison in the office. Bruce and Michael did the bulk of the install and did a great job.

Every one warns that renovations have their share of problems so be prepared. While the renovation was not without issues that KUB needed to address they were all corrected in a professional and timely manner.

We managed the overall planning and subcontractors but with KUB’s advice and collaboration, coordination with the subcontractors worked smoothly. It also included having our floor redone so there was coordination there as well.

I might add we purchased the Domain products (rangehood, stovetop, dishwasher, sink and tap) suggested by KUB and one month along we are happy with all of the products. The prices were very reasonable.

Thanks again to all of the KUB Carrum Downs crew

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Hi Ringtail, Thank you for providing your feedback. Carrum Downs are a great team and work well together to make installation as easy as possible.
Kitchens U Build

I am in love with my new kitchen.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2017

I am so pleased with my New kitchen from Kitchens U Build. I have been into a couple- actually most of the showrooms to view different kitchen design layouts and options. Every single staff member that I was approached by were extremely helpful. Throughout the design process through to the installation, we are very happy with the attention to detail. I love looking at my new kitchen.

A great experience over all and I will be returning to purchase my laundry and vanities next.

Excellent customer service!!!
Highly recommended!!!

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Hi Stacie, Thank you for your feedback, love to hear that you will be back to visit us.
Kitchens U Build

Kitchen installed on time and above expectation for flat pack kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2017

I was reluctant going with a flat pack kitchen but was pleasantly surprised when KUB delivered and installed my kitchen
The quality of the cabinetry was of one purchased by a joinery company and you wouldn't know any different
The installer was cooperative and installed the kitchen with fine attention to detail

Highly recommend

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Hi Nick, Glad to hear your experience with Kitchens U Build exceeded your expectations.
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

We love our kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2017

Super happy with our new kitchen, Garrett and Stacey were a pleasure to deal with and the end result was a gorgeous kitchen. Would be more than happy to recommend them.

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Hi Melanie, Thank you for recommending Ballarat Kitchens U Build. Stacey and Garrett will the thrilled.
Thanks Kitchens U Build.