• 11 helpful votes

Love Our Kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2015

Kitchens U Build installed our kitchen about two years ago. We'd looked at a few other companies, but Kitchens U Build had the best price. Their sales person was really helpful in suggesting design changes, the installers turned up when they were supposed to as did the stone mason the company uses. All in all it was a smooth experience and our kitchen still looks great despite some heavy wear. Recently, another cabinet maker assumed that the kitchen cost us $18k-$20k when if fact it was around $12k. We also recommended the company to friends and their new kitchen is going in shortly.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Hi Parent of 3, Love to hear that you had a wonderful experience with Kitchens U Build. Being a family owned business we pride ourselves on making each and every experience run as smoothly as possible.

• 13 helpful votes

Great Service, Value and Product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2016

After receiving a few very high quotes from kitchen companies, I discovered Kitchens U Build. This company predominantly supplies kit form kitchens but also can arrange a very reliable and competent installation service as well as arrange stone bench tops etc. Their prices are WAY less expensive than all other kitchen companies I saw, and thoroughly recommend this as a very effective alternative if you want to put it together yourself or they will install for you at very reasonable extra cost

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.
So glad to hear your experience with Kitchens U Build was a positive one.
Hope to see you with your next project.

• 4 helpful votes

Worst Experience Ever. Do Not Use KUB, Moorabbin

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2016

I thought I would be "smart" and get the company that provided the "custom" kitchen to also install the kitchen to make sure there was less hassle. It couldn't of been further from the truth. After spending almost $10k and 6 months they were the worst decision I have made in my entire life. The installer came over and measured for 5 mins our entire kitchen which is when we should of been worried. He then passed on the measurements at which point all broke down. The kitchen didn't have the right parts, apparently my kitchen isn't a perfect rectangle and instead of measuring it to make a "custom" kitchen which they profess we had to wait 6-8 week for parts every time they stuff it up which covered 6 months! The kitchen bench top wasn't long enough due to the wall being skew. Every single tradie we brought in immediately noticed this while "our" installer didn't and didn't proceed to help amend the measurements to make sure the kitchen fitted. He made sure to do a dodgy job miss aligning cupboards, drawers and everything they could. He used dirty stickers over all the holes he stuffed up. He didn't bother a quick sweep before securing the skirting board. They also didn't finish the install correctly so electricians had to come back time again as parts where missing meaning a week of eat out since we couldn't use an oven. They are the worst! Maybe if you buy and install yourself but don't trust them our kitchen was a nightmare. The installer only cared about Kitchens U Build as he was a contractor and not about us the customers. Avoid at all costs otherwise it will cost you more!!

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Hi Paul, Sorry to hear about your experience with Kitchens U Build didn't go as smoothly as we both would like. I am investigating this matter with the installer to see what areas can be improved.
Thank you for your feedback.

Hi Carol-Lynne,
We still have a dishwasher that wasn't installed correctly including the kicker. If you want to fix that happy for you to send someone over. Wasn't expecting a reply after posting this 13 months ago.
Cheers, Paul

Kitchens U Build Official

Hi Paul, we have only recently joined Product Review, so even though your comments were posted a while ago, I am touching base with all customers who have posted comments.
Carol-Lynne

Just had to say thanks !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2016

Really have to say thanks as I don't normally write reviews ..... unless they are bad ! Took us ages to decide to renovate our own place as some prices we got put us off changing the kitchen and laundry. Trialled them on a unit we were doing up, liked that so got them to install our own place, End result was amazing for the price compared to others ..... but ended up better than a few other new kitchens I have seen way way more expensive. Just thanks very much to the crew at Bayswater. Just love it and should have done it way sooner. :)

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Hi Michael, I appreciate your positive feedback and the time you took out of your day to do so. Thrilled that you are happy with the outcome of your kitchen and would love to see you again on your next project.

• 1 review
  • 4 helpful votes

NEVER AGAIN

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2016

Would use these guys ago... The salesman has an ego bigger than Ben Hurr.... Delivered a dodgy kitchen... Didn't listen.
Nothing is right

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Hi Nicole, so sorry to read about your experience with Kitchens U Build. I have private messaged you in order to obtain a few more details relating to your experience.

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Disappointing all round

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2016

Our benchtop was delivered at the wrong size, wrong parts were sent even though we went with their installer and had them come out and do measurements. We were informed that we would have to wait the full 3 weeks for replacements, so our kitchen is still half done.
The parts that were delivered looked good, tru-tech drawers work well. Quality was good, just disappointing service and made us regret paying the full amount up front.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Hi Disappointed, I have private messaged you, so that I can get some more details so that I can investigate this matter further.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Kitchen ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2016

Great service advice and functionaility not over priced. Delivered on time installation great, would recommend Kitchens U Build anytime, they have the knowledge and experience.
regards
Malcolm Knight

July 27th 2017 Update: Other reviews

As a previous happy customer i am planning to get a new kitchen (new house) from Kitchens U Build. I have looked through all the latest reviews like we do on accommodation , we all sort out the whingers the so call perfect people who never make mistakes and then when they do, do nothing to rectify the problem. 95% approval rating Kitchens U build is good for me and trying to keep jobs in Australian product.

Regards
Malcolm Knight

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Hi Mal, Thank your for taking the time in sending through your feedback. So glad to hear your experience with Kitchens U Build was positive one. Hope to see you for your next project.
Carol-Lynne Mitchell

Craigieburn

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

Don't put yourself through it go somewhere else, there is a reason they make you pay up front.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2016

Bought kitchen for my 80 year old mum and paid for installation from campbellfield (which is by a subcontractor who has a flooring business who was only interested in trying to sell my mum new floors) we had to keep ringing him and asking him to come back and finish and he had excuse after excuse but did finally come back. Then they gave my mum a bench with industrial glue stuck on the surface and told me it wasn't there fault and it must of been the installer (of course I had to ring him but as expected he wasn't taking the blame. I then paid for a new bench and was told they wouldn't be able to install with the warranty department so I would have to organise for the install with there subcontractor which I passed on and decided that I would just do myself, well I waited all day for the bench delivery on the day they advised and told me I must be home to help unload but suprise suprise they didn't even bother coming. There is a reason these guys insist on payment up front and it's because your only option for justice is vcat and they bank on you not doing that.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Hi Gary, Sorry to read about the experience you had with Kitchens U Build. I have private messaged you so that i can obtain a few details so that I can investigate this matter further.
thanks
Carol-Lynne Mitchell

Kitchens U Build Official

Hi Gary, I have spoken with the Campbellfield showroom who have provided me with emails from yourself, admitting that the bench top was not damaged by Kitchens U Build. In a gesture of good will a ... read more »

Wow I think your responses to people's feedback says it all, if they say positive things you thank them for their honesty but if they dare tell the truth about how it was a terrible experience some... read more »

Really happy. Very helpful team. Nothing was too much trouble.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2017

We used the Bayswater team to help design our kitchen and my husband installed it. We are really happy and believe their other sites aren't as good. We will asking for more help with our next project.

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Hi Louise, thank you for your positive feedback. I will pass your feedback onto Alisha and Shaun at the Bayswater Showroom. I will also let them know that you will be returning for your next project
Thank you.

Great Quality and Professional Service despite some ordering set backs

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2017

We ordered our kitchen from Kitchen U Build in Carrum Downs and decided to use their installer. We had the original design done; we took it home and reviewed it. Went back made tweaks to it twice more over a few weeks. Louis was great whilst we went through this process. The initial ordering went well.
When we had the measurements finalized by their installer (Paul), we made some minor changes again as we discussed areas with Paul and his experience. The initial installation day went but there were some issues with incorrect draw fittings and door sizes. Which mean that we could not repack the majority of the kitchen away. We were able to proceed though with ordering the Stone Bench and Paul said advised he would fix the remaining issues when the stone went in. Three weeks later the stone went in and a few days Paul came back.
He completed the majority of the remaining work and we were finally able to put the kitchen which was spread through 4 rooms back where it belonged. Paul made a final visit to round out the work 2 weeks later. So overall the process took 7 weeks. 3 where we did not have a fully functioning kitchen.
Despite these issues with fixing incorrect door sizes and missing fittings, the service has been professional, to very high quality and the product looks and operates like a kitchen twice the price. I would recommend their service and product as I am very happy with the outcome. Yes, my patience was tested with the delays but it has been worth the journey. I write this so others can manage their expectations around the true length of time it takes to get a kitchen in. Yes, there were some issues but the crew at Kitchen U Build made up for it through their professionalism and they are actively working to make their service better. 5 Stars for the product and Paul’s installation. 4 stars for the factory/order delivery process behind the delays.

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Hi Stu, I appreciate your honest feedback. At times there may be delays in a renovation but at Kitchens U Build, we pride ourselves not only on customer service but also on after sales service. I... read more »

gippsland

• 4 answers
Private message

Pay a little more and get someone else to do your kitchen, dont take a chance on Kitchens UBuild

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2017

Was rung up and asked to pay on a Saturday almost a week before it was even delivered. Then some of the doors had to be remade twice due to shoddy workmanship. It was also supposed to cover existing flooring when measured up this was agreed to, but when fitted was not even close and not even an apology! Pay a little bit more and get your kitchen somewhere else.

May 1st, 2017 Update: Don't believe they are reviewing it, don't waste your money with kitchens ubuild

I was contacted after my initial review for details 3 months ago and nothing since, still have to fix our kitchen with new floor coverings, no feedback since they asked for details, a big waste of time and money we have learnt our lesson.

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Hi Disappointed, I am very sorry hear about your experience with Kitchens U Build. If you would be able to provide a few more details in regarding your experience I will be sure to investigate th... read more »

Great quality, and fantastic crew down at Moorabbin!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 09, 2017

I ordered my kitchen in October 2016 and had a few delays in my renovations, which Kitchens U Build were happy to work around until I was ready for delivery in February, which was very much appreciated.
Wonderful range of door and benchtop colours and styles to choose from, and the in-store planning process was very helpful for trying to get all of my cupboards and drawers where I wanted them.

I couldn't have been happier with how the kitchen turned out - installation was a smooth process, and any minor mistakes that did pop up were promptly fixed by the team at the showroom. Highly recommend heading to Moorabbin KUB for any kitchen renovation needs!!

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Hi Jack, thank you for taking the time out to provide us with your feedback. I will certainly pass your comments onto Moorabin.

Great Product, Service and Install

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2017

We purchased our kitchen through the Gippsland store. Had great service from start to finish and the kitchen was delivered on time and the driver contacted me on the day with a time so there was no waiting around.
Everything went together well. As this was for an investment property we were very happy with the quality of the cabinets, hinges and benchtops. We turned a dowdy one bedroom flat in to a chic apartment within a day or two. We had our kitchen installed and the guys were great to deal with and have done a great job.
Have used other kitchen flatpacks but this one stood above the others and is more in line with what is supplied from a cabinet maker. Will be back when our next flat needs to look the goods.

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Thank you for your feeback. So glad you are happy with the service and job.
Kitchens U Build

Absolutely Fantastic! Recreated a magazine kitchen!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2017

Thomastown staff were so attentive to our design and went well above the standard to create our desired kitchen. Install was just as good and provided great knowledge about our renovation that helped us above and beyond the kitchen build. We are so impressed and everyone who visits cant believe how good the kitchen is - Showpiece of the home. On time, on budget - no issues Kudos KUB.

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Hi Stephen, Thank you so much for you taking out the time to provide your feedback.
Much appreciated
Kitchens U Build.

Great kitchen. Everybody loves it.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2017

The design staff, principally Michael, were friendly, helpful and eager to meet our personal preferences. While the basic design was ours, Michael made many excellent suggestions to tweak the final product and improve the overall outcome.
There were a couple of issues that we believe should have been discussed with us prior to the kitchen going to production, but either through oversight or not being considered important, were only identified by us when we were assembling and installing the kitchen. However, they were resolved afterwards and, in the big scheme of things, did not result in a detrimental outcome. The kitchen was delivered within the promised time frame and the quality was of a very high standard. We have received numerous favourable comments on the kitchen and have no hesitancy in recommending KuB for those wanting a made to order product that represents excellent value for money.

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Thank you Michael for taking the time to provide your feedback.
Appreciate it.

kitchens u build capalaba

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2017

just amazing we love our new kitchen thankyou Dean and Cameron, our kitchen we requested is no run of the mill our benchtops are huge and was a major fit but capalaba qld kitchens u build were really up to the challenge.
Andrew and judi :-)

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Hi Andi and Judi, Thank you so much for taking the time out to provide your feedback. We really appreciate it.

• 3 helpful votes

Love my kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 07, 2017

Love my kitchen. was easy to put together excellent directions and quality of the product is awesome. The staff were very knowledgeable and helpful

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Thank you Kakka for taking the time to send your feedback. So please you are happy with your kitchen.

KITCHEN 27 MILLER ST SANDRINGHAM

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

Good service and cooperation on changes we wanted. Installer was excellent and we are very pleased with the finished product after 9 months.

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Hi Rich, Thank you for taking the time out to write a review; We are happy that after 9 months you are still pleased with the service you received from Kitchens U Build Moorabbin. Fran from Moora... read more »

Great Value

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

After a recommendation we bought 3 kitchens for a small development we were doing. Easy to put together, look great, good quality and competitively priced. Staff at Bayswater were great and more than willing to help with all our changes. The kitchens now look fantastic. :)

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Hi Murray, Thank you for being such a great customer. We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback.
Look forward to helping you with your future projects.
Regards,

Excellent work

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

I love my kitchen! Thank you so much Alicia for all of your help! Exellent customer service and a great product

Comments
Kitchens U Build Official

Hi Sarah, I will certainly pass your thanks on to Alisha at the Bayswater Showroom. Thank you for your comments.
Regards,