Verified Customer

Bad experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2016

Kitchen Craftsmen Cannington installed my kitchen in 2009. The best that can be said is that it was a learning experience. The service at the time was pretty ordinary, but I could live with that if the kitchen was OK. Within a couple of years it began falling apart. The device that softens the doors closing fell off one of the doors within a year. The laminate is peeling off most of the cabinet coverings. My kitchen is less than 7 years old and I am faced with having to have it replaced. I won't be using Kitchen Craftsmen.

Comments
Kitcraft Kitchens Official

Hi Jill L, Thanks for reaching out to us on Product Review. We have tried to locate your information on file and we’re unable to match your username with our customer database. By providing your ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Very disappoibnted with kithcen

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2016

The quality of finished kitchen is no better than a kitchen from Bunnings or Ikea. I was given a timetable for the installation of kitchen which was to start on 1/9/15 and be completed 27/9/15. My kitchen still isn't finished. The stone bench top had to be changed due to the poor quality. The bench top I have now is still of a poor quality. I was told that there would be no guarantee that if I had it replaced again that the new one would be any better. My drawer still don't close properly even though I had it adjusted once before. I never saw the same installer. The first installer complained about having to come to south of the river when he lived north of the river. He didn't finish installing the cabinets when he was supposed to 1/9/15, so a different installer was sent days later to finish the job which he couldn't because he didn't have all the panels he needed. I then had to cancel my electrician because the panel hadn't been installed where he was going to put a power point.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kitcraft Kitchens Official

Hi Linda, Thanks for reaching out to us on Product Review. We have tried to locate your information on file and we’re unable to match your criteria with our customer database. Issues with insta... read more »

Perth

• 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Too small of a job

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 27, 2016

I first called up Jandakot office to ask if they will do overhead cupboards for my kitchen and laundry, easily said come in and we will discuss. Next few days I measured my cupboards sizes and went into the Jandakot office. The guys said oh I'm sorry we don't do small kitchens, we rather do whole kitchen renovations. I was thinking that's weird cause I called before and you guys were happy for me to come in and get a quote.
I said I've got the measurement here if it's easier. He said hmm ok then. So quote came back and happily agreed. Paid all progress payment. Then comes install day. Had a talk to installer before hand, he advises me he has never install LEDs lighting before. Great to hear as a client! He calls up some people and figures out how to put the cabinets together but missing a power cord and he installed a panel upside down so need to reorder as it has screws holes in the panel now. Takes 4 weeks to order 1 power cable for the LED and a panel around 350x400. Installer comes 1 week after to install. Everything goes well. Electrician comes in and says the power cable for the other 2 lights don't match need to order an adapter or something from the lighting company. Takes 2 days to come in and reschedule for electrician. Brings the part in yesterday and tries to install it. Lights don't work, says probably an issue with the LEDs. Has to call up kitchen craftsmen and tell them to get the people who supply lights to them to sort it out. So waiting for KC now for a call back.
So much for we don't do small jobs. I would never in my life again recommend them. If they send an installer out to a job that has never done it before I would not trust them to even touch my entire kitchen. The constant delays and time wasted for me to stay at home and wait. Everyone gets paid except me because I have to take time off work.
Good work Kitchen Craftsmen, the only thing you craft is wasting time and a hole in my pocket.

Comments
Kitcraft Kitchens Official

Dear Yong, Thank you for taking the time to post this review, we are sorry to hear about the issue you have had. It is important for us to receive both Positive, and Constructive feedback, as it a... read more »

would not recommend at all

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2013

After 4 years my laminate is peeling from all areas . it make my kitchen look tacky and old , I contatced them about the laminate before the warranty expired die to some technical hitch they sent mail to the wrong address , when I finally got the mail a re contacted them about oh sorry its out of date not happy at all

- bad warrenty service

Comments
Kitcraft Kitchens Official

Firstly, let me clarify that our Warranty on Vinyl Doors made by ourselves is 6 years. If your kitchen was purchased within the last 6 years, it will still be under warranty. We do not offer a 4 ye... read more »

Absolutey disgusting

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2013

After 51/2 years the laminex started to fall off and now after 7 years we have painted them. There warranty was 5 years so I got a very negative response when I rang them,they would not even come and have a look. When the kitchen was installed the bench top was short so they used tiles on an angle to cover up gap which did not help because we wanted stainless splashbacks.

- Very bad after sales and communication.

Comments
Kitcraft Kitchens Official

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. Unfortunately there was a period of time where a particular brand of glue that was being used for our Vinyl Wrap doors, has on occasion failed. ... read more »

Perth

• 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Kitcraft failed to give me the kitchen they promised

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2013

I purchsed a new Kitchen from Kitchen Craftsman, the sales process was very positive, but the fitter, quality of product, and customer service have been really, really bad. I am so dissapointed and want to warn others - find another kitchen supplier! They still have not fixed the problems and have made a lot of excuses. Specifically - cupboards were installed with visible damage, benchtop was cut badly, missed appointments, disrespectful workers. AVOID.

+ Salesman was helpful, showroom was nice

- Customer service, quality of finsh, workmanship, cost

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kitcraft Kitchens Official

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear that you have had issues with your installation. Unfortunately with renovations, there are bound to be hiccups along the wa... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Misled

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2013

We were told if we signed the contract and paid the ridiculous deposit we would have a new kitchen in 2 weeks... 6 weeks later we have a half finished disaster. We paid for a measure and quote professionally yet noting fits right.. They've damaged our ceiling and timber floors.. The salesmen promised to throw in the kitchen sink for free and then denied it, even after I confirmed it with him, as it was not written on our contract.. They're very disorganised and have a several people in your house that dont know whats going on. We signed up with them as we thought they were kitchen renovators and that they did everything for you, but theyre just glorified cabinet makers. Everything else is your responsibility to arrange, which was not clearly outlined to us. Their contracts are very confusing so you just have to sign and hope you're getting what you asked for. We are somewhat seasoned renovators and kitcraft are up there with the worst companies we have dealt with... And there have been quite a few.

+ Having a showroom to go through design.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

How do you remove Kitcraft drawer fronts? Some of mine need replacing due to the laminate peeling.

Dayle asked on Jun 13, 2017

Hi Dayle,

Thanks for contacting us regarding your issue.
If you would like to send through your best contact details to us at marketing@kitchencraftsmen.com.au we will be happy to contact you directly to see how we can help.

We look forward to hearing from you.
The Kitchen Craftsmen Team

I have a kitchen which needs new benchtops, a belfast sink fitted so cabinetary in cupboard to support sink ,l want to keep my original doors as l have a painter to redo them. I need a quote and would li,e to know if you guys do this type of work it is not a complete renovation. Cheers Nola (connolly)

Nola asked on May 12, 2017

Answer this

Hi Nola, thanks for reaching out to us on Product Review.

We're sure we can help!
Please email us with your contact details to marketing@kitchencraftsmen.com.au and we'll be in touch.

Thanks,
The Kitchen Craftsmen Team

Has kitchen craftsmen taken over from kitcraft??

Lynda asked on Jan 22, 2017

Hi Lynda,

Thank you for your question.

The company is the same - our trading name has evolved since we first started trading as Kitcraft Kitchens, to more accurately reflect the changes in our current product offering.

Hope that helps!