Bad experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2016

Kitchen Craftsmen Cannington installed my kitchen in 2009. The best that can be said is that it was a learning experience. The service at the time was pretty ordinary, but I could live with that if the kitchen was OK. Within a couple of years it began falling apart. The device that softens the doors closing fell off one of the doors within a year. The laminate is peeling off most of the cabinet coverings. My kitchen is less than 7 years old and I am faced with having to have it replaced. I won't be using Kitchen Craftsmen.

Comments
Kitcraft Kitchens Official

Hi Jill L, Thanks for reaching out to us on Product Review. We have tried to locate your information on file and we’re unable to match your username with our customer database. By providing your ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Very disappoibnted with kithcen

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2016

The quality of finished kitchen is no better than a kitchen from Bunnings or Ikea. I was given a timetable for the installation of kitchen which was to start on 1/9/15 and be completed 27/9/15. My kitchen still isn't finished. The stone bench top had to be changed due to the poor quality. The bench top I have now is still of a poor quality. I was told that there would be no guarantee that if I had it replaced again that the new one would be any better. My drawer still don't close properly even though I had it adjusted once before. I never saw the same installer. The first installer complained about having to come to south of the river when he lived north of the river. He didn't finish installing the cabinets when he was supposed to 1/9/15, so a different installer was sent days later to finish the job which he couldn't because he didn't have all the panels he needed. I then had to cancel my electrician because the panel hadn't been installed where he was going to put a power point.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kitcraft Kitchens Official

Hi Linda, Thanks for reaching out to us on Product Review. We have tried to locate your information on file and we’re unable to match your criteria with our customer database. Issues with insta... read more »

Perth

• 4 helpful votes

Too small of a job

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 27, 2016

I first called up Jandakot office to ask if they will do overhead cupboards for my kitchen and laundry, easily said come in and we will discuss. Next few days I measured my cupboards sizes and went into the Jandakot office. The guys said oh I'm sorry we don't do small kitchens, we rather do whole kitchen renovations. I was thinking that's weird cause I called before and you guys were happy for me to come in and get a quote.
I said I've got the measurement here if it's easier. He said hmm ok then. So quote came back and happily agreed. Paid all progress payment. Then comes install day. Had a talk to installer before hand, he advises me he has never install LEDs lighting before. Great to hear as a client! He calls up some people and figures out how to put the cabinets together but missing a power cord and he installed a panel upside down so need to reorder as it has screws holes in the panel now. Takes 4 weeks to order 1 power cable for the LED and a panel around 350x400. Installer comes 1 week after to install. Everything goes well. Electrician comes in and says the power cable for the other 2 lights don't match need to order an adapter or something from the lighting company. Takes 2 days to come in and reschedule for electrician. Brings the part in yesterday and tries to install it. Lights don't work, says probably an issue with the LEDs. Has to call up kitchen craftsmen and tell them to get the people who supply lights to them to sort it out. So waiting for KC now for a call back.
So much for we don't do small jobs. I would never in my life again recommend them. If they send an installer out to a job that has never done it before I would not trust them to even touch my entire kitchen. The constant delays and time wasted for me to stay at home and wait. Everyone gets paid except me because I have to take time off work.
Good work Kitchen Craftsmen, the only thing you craft is wasting time and a hole in my pocket.

Comments
Kitcraft Kitchens Official

Dear Yong, Thank you for taking the time to post this review, we are sorry to hear about the issue you have had. It is important for us to receive both Positive, and Constructive feedback, as it a... read more »

would not recommend at all

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2013

After 4 years my laminate is peeling from all areas . it make my kitchen look tacky and old , I contatced them about the laminate before the warranty expired die to some technical hitch they sent mail to the wrong address , when I finally got the mail a re contacted them about oh sorry its out of date not happy at all

- bad warrenty service

Comments
Kitcraft Kitchens Official

Firstly, let me clarify that our Warranty on Vinyl Doors made by ourselves is 6 years. If your kitchen was purchased within the last 6 years, it will still be under warranty. We do not offer a 4 ye... read more »

Absolutey disgusting

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2013

After 51/2 years the laminex started to fall off and now after 7 years we have painted them. There warranty was 5 years so I got a very negative response when I rang them,they would not even come and have a look. When the kitchen was installed the bench top was short so they used tiles on an angle to cover up gap which did not help because we wanted stainless splashbacks.

- Very bad after sales and communication.

Comments
Kitcraft Kitchens Official

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. Unfortunately there was a period of time where a particular brand of glue that was being used for our Vinyl Wrap doors, has on occasion failed. ... read more »

Perth

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Kitcraft failed to give me the kitchen they promised

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2013

I purchsed a new Kitchen from Kitchen Craftsman, the sales process was very positive, but the fitter, quality of product, and customer service have been really, really bad. I am so dissapointed and want to warn others - find another kitchen supplier! They still have not fixed the problems and have made a lot of excuses. Specifically - cupboards were installed with visible damage, benchtop was cut badly, missed appointments, disrespectful workers. AVOID.

+ Salesman was helpful, showroom was nice

- Customer service, quality of finsh, workmanship, cost

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kitcraft Kitchens Official

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear that you have had issues with your installation. Unfortunately with renovations, there are bound to be hiccups along the wa... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Misled

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2013

We were told if we signed the contract and paid the ridiculous deposit we would have a new kitchen in 2 weeks... 6 weeks later we have a half finished disaster. We paid for a measure and quote professionally yet noting fits right.. They've damaged our ceiling and timber floors.. The salesmen promised to throw in the kitchen sink for free and then denied it, even after I confirmed it with him, as it was not written on our contract.. They're very disorganised and have a several people in your house that dont know whats going on. We signed up with them as we thought they were kitchen renovators and that they did everything for you, but theyre just glorified cabinet makers. Everything else is your responsibility to arrange, which was not clearly outlined to us. Their contracts are very confusing so you just have to sign and hope you're getting what you asked for. We are somewhat seasoned renovators and kitcraft are up there with the worst companies we have dealt with... And there have been quite a few.

+ Having a showroom to go through design.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Do Not Buy

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2015

Do Not Buy I being stupid have purchased two Kit Craft Kitchen and Funny enough just bought a house with a Kit Craft Kitchen in it.I have had the same major problem on all 3 kitchens were the laminate on all the cabinets lifts and around the oven burns and blisters.Please don't be like me pay a little more and get quality.

Comments
Kitcraft Kitchens Official

Hello Steve, We are sorry to hear about the issues you have had with our products, and thank you for your feedback. It is never nice for us to hear about unpleasant experiences, and we work very h... read more »

Bad communication!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2014

Just received our kitchen last week, It is missing 10 doors as they could not complete before delivering cabinets, also missing a couple end panels because they were cut wrong. The installer had no idea why it was incomplete so I contacted them the same day and was told they were cutting the doors while I was on the phone, it is now mid following week and I contacted the site supervisor today and he told me he would ring me back in 5 minutes, phone never rung , just came home to find I have a email saying laminate just came in and hasn't been cut to size yet and wont be ready till late week, what a joke ,I guess it was to too hard to tell me that directly, thought spending the extra money going with a reputable company would be worth it but it's seams otherwise. I don't normally write reviews but nothing upsets me more than when people lie to me, perhaps consider taking your business to one of the other big companies in Perth.

- Bad communication

Comments
Kitcraft Kitchens Official

Dear Chris, I am sorry to hear about the lack of communication that you have experienced. Unfortunately I cannot gather any particular information related to your job based on your username and ab... read more »

Be warned!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2013

Kitchen craftsmen are basically designers and cabinet makers. Their cabinets are very good but They do not site manage the installation or the tradesmen. Their own staff were very good, but some of the contractors they use don't care about being clean or tidy. If you want a complete job done then I suggest you look elsewhere. The electrician that they suggested I use, left holes in the inside of an exterior wall that mice or snakes could get through, he also placed a socket too far away from a cooktop and his solution was that I buy an extension cable! He also did not fill any holes in the kitchen.
The cabinet installer used the top of the installed and uncovered base cupboards to saw wood, this filled up the top drawers with dust, he made no attempt to clean up the mess. He also left a large pile of wood dust and rubbish in the fridge area.
I also had to replace the kitchen laminated floor, I was told initially that would not be necessary, I think this was due to a lack of communication between the company and a contractor.

+ Good cabinets and stone Worktop

- Lack of site management

Comments
Kitcraft Kitchens Official

Dear Les, Thank you taking the time to post this review. It is very concerning to us that the trades people used on your installation did not leave you happy with the end result. I would invite ... read more »

Professional to the end

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2017

A very smooth and professional installation. Generally run like clockwork to the management timetable provided.
Minor hicups caused by unforseen alterations were fixed by Project Manager Nic without question. Would confidently recommend Kitchen Craftsmen to friends. (Except get a separate quote from their plumber first).

Comments
Kitchen Craftsmen Official

Hi Mal, Thank you for taking the time to review our work on your kitchen - and for your fantastic feedback! We’re so happy to hear that you had a great experience with Kitchen Craftsmen. We... read more »

Great outcome with my kitchen

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2016

My kitchen area was very small and Stuart did a great job of fitting everything in. His initial service exceeded expectations and i was very pleased with his attendance on site. On the whole, the kitchen is really good, and i have recommended that others use this company. Carole.

Comments
Kitcraft Kitchens Official

Thank you for your review Carole, Positive feedback is always a fantastic result from a kitchen renovation, we’ll be sure to pass on your comments to Stuart and the team - we know they’ll love y... read more »

Verified Customer

We are happy with our new kitchen

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2016

We have our kitchen renovated about 6 months ago by Kitchen Craftsmen in Perth. We are very happy with the quality and service. However we found the stone bench top is not as brilliant as we thought. It appears to leave stains on it quite easily even with water left on the bottom of a glass or cup. Also it has a little crack near the kitchen sink already.
We made the wrong choice of having a square sharp door/drawer handles, I am still have bruises on my legs as I keep bump into them.
Overall, the service was very good they were on time and trades people are very polite and professional.

Comments
Kitchen Craftsmen Official

Hey Dreamcatcher, Thanks for taking the time to send feedback to us, it's always great to receive Positive and Constructive reviews, as it allows us to address your concerns, and provide the best... read more »

A Good Job

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2014

The end result was very good. The staff who provided planning advice, quality of the cabinets and the project manager were very good. Also, the plumbing and electrical trades who work with Kitchen Craftsmen were competent. Overall a very good job.

Comments
Kitcraft Kitchens Official

Hi Mike, thank you for taking the time to feed back your comments to us. Such feedback is so important to us, to make sure we offer the very best service we can. Enjoy your first Christmas in y... read more »

I love my new kitchen!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2013

We have just completed our kitchen renovation and I can't speak highly enough of Kitchen Designer and the team at Joondalup. Rod was so patient, even with our ever-changing requests! He provided some really useful suggestions and nothing was too much trouble. The team who installed the cabinets were tidy and professional - a big thanks to [Personal Name Removed] and his team. We had a couple of small things that needed replacing along the way and these were actioned quickly and without fuss.
I have no hesitation in recommending Kitchen Craftsmen and, in fact, have already done so to a number of my friends.

+ Professional service and kept me updated throughout the process

- Nothing wrong with the company or the people but, being new to the renovation process, it was a little tricky planning time off work with only a day or two's notice before tradesman intended to come to the house.

Comments
Kitcraft Kitchens Official

Thank you for taking the time to post this review.

We welcome your feedback, and will certainly take on board the constructive and positive comments you have provided.

We hope you are enjoying your Kitchen Craftsmen Kitchen!

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

actually we are very happy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2012

We used Kitchen Craftsmen recently to renovate our kitchen and it was great. Renovations are what they are! But we had great service from our designer (we went to their Cannington showroom) and the kitchen looks great. We had to wait a bit longer to get it finished with the glass spalshback but when it was all done, it looked awesome and still does. We had a good experience and we'd be happy to use them again.

+ Made in WA, good quality, friendly designer

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 comments
  • 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer

They cared a lot about how happy we were with the process and the end result.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2017

Our designed (Rod Sinclair) took the time to show us all the options and came up with a very good looking layout. He spent time talking through the contract with us to make sure we were happy and clear on everything. This was a refreshing change from most salespeople who tend to get a bit impatient at the end when they just want to close the sale. Rod even called us up after we had signed the contract to make sure we were happy with an item that we had seemed uncertain on beforehand. This level of care and attention was very much appreciated.

There were minimal deviations from the schedule of the install. The project manager (Brad Ronan) was very proactive during the whole process in making sure we were happy with what was happening. This was a refreshing change from many businesses who don't seem keen to ask this question. There were a couple of hiccups along the way (as is very normal) but Brad made sure they were all sorted out very well and promptly. One of the minor issues was only noticed after the final payment was made, but Brad still made sure this was sorted out. Again, this was refreshing, because many businesses seem to lose interest after getting their final payment.

The soft-close feature on all the drawers and cupboards is very nice. Everything fits nicely and looks great. The extra-wide drawers are very functional.

The price was very reasonable and we felt like we were being looked after during the whole process. We felt like Kitchen Craftsmen cared about the quality of the result and making sure we were happy with the whole process. This renovation was part of starting a home business so it was great to see it go so smoothly. Overall it was pleasant and efficient.

Comments
Kitchen Craftsmen Official

Hi Peter and Jess, What a wonderful review to receive, thank you for the detailed and generous feedback! We'll definitely pass your comments on to Rod and Brad, who we know will be really happy ... read more »

Awesome Kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2017

I walked into the Kitchen Craftsmen (KC) Nedlands display centre with the view of KC being my cost comparison with another prominent kitchen supplier.
But right from the beginning Marco (designer) impressed us with his excellent design knowledge and friendly demeanor. As an ex KC cabinet maker Marco knows his craft and identified the good and bad aspects of our ideas and always suggested excellent alternative ideas and effective solutions to problems.
Together, my wife (Coralee) and Marco systematically worked their way through our existing dated kitchen/laundry layout and redesigned it into a functional and beautiful kitchen.
There were a few "finish" selections that tested my conservative tastes, including the stressed timber feature cupboard doors, but to their combined credit the finished results were stunning !
KC's 3D kitchen design software is brilliant ! At any point during the design process, Marco could switch from floor plan to the 3D overview so that we could visualise any proposed change or addition and feel confident that it would not clash with other aspects of the design. The final design and the "as built" kitchen were visually identical - no surprises !
The installation process aligned exactly to the agreed schedule.
Every KC installation team member or sub-contractor would contact us a few days before their scheduled arrival and agree the starting date and ETA.
All the KC tradesman (Jason - cabinet installer) and contractors were courteous and professional. I sought alternative quotes for numerous trades but found KC's preferred contractors to be cost competitive in every case. Mick and Eugene (ceiling structural mods/wall demolition), Paul (plumber) Matt (electrician), the stone benchtop installation guys and the glass splashback installer were all first class blokes and tradesmen and are now our preferred tradesmen for future work.
Nic (installation manager) resolved the few minor issues without question and corrected a few other minor things that we weren't even aware of !
In addition to all that, we were lucky enough to be one of six winners of a Kitchen Craftsmen competition reducing the total cost of our kitchen by $15,000 !!!!
We would not hesitate to recommend KC to anyone and thank The Kitchen Craftsmen for their excellent work !!
Greg and Coralee

Comments
Kitchen Craftsmen Official

Dear Greg & Coralee, WOW! We cannot thank you enough for taking the time to leave such a comprehensive and favourable review! We are so happy to hear that you love your stunning new kitchen, and... read more »

New kitchen renovation

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

Right from the beginning Rod Sinclair at Joondalup Showrooms we were given excellent service. the timetable presented to us before start of work was adhered to and all the tradesman were professional and courteous. Would not hesitate to recommend KC to anyone thankyou. Ray and Marion 23.8.17

Comments
Kitchen Craftsmen Official

Hi Ray and Marion, Thank you for leaving us this lovely positive review! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience of Kitchen Craftsmen. We’re so happy to hear that yo... read more »

Great Result

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

We spoke with several kitchen reno companies about what we wanted to do, which included some structural work to give us more room in our kitchen, as well as include a larger oven and a dishwasher. It came down to two designs, but in the end we chose Kitchen Craftsmen because we felt we were getting what we wanted and the price was close to our budget. Rod, the designer, was great giving good advice but leaving the final decisions to us. The tradesmen who came to do various parts of the project were all friendly and happy to answer questions and most importantly all did good quality work. We were extremely happy with the result and several friends and family have remarked on the quality and overall look and feel of the kitchen. We definitely recommend Kitchen Craftsmen.

Comments
Kitchen Craftsmen Official

Hi Steve and Linda, Thank you so much for your fantastic review! Deciding which company to use for your kitchen renovation is a big decision, so we are really pleased to hear that we were able t... read more »

1 of 7 pages