Bad experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2016

Kitchen Craftsmen Cannington installed my kitchen in 2009. The best that can be said is that it was a learning experience. The service at the time was pretty ordinary, but I could live with that if the kitchen was OK. Within a couple of years it began falling apart. The device that softens the doors closing fell off one of the doors within a year. The laminate is peeling off most of the cabinet coverings. My kitchen is less than 7 years old and I am faced with having to have it replaced. I won't be using Kitchen Craftsmen.

Comments
Kitcraft Kitchens Official

Hi Jill L, Thanks for reaching out to us on Product Review. We have tried to locate your information on file and we’re unable to match your username with our customer database. By providing your ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Very disappoibnted with kithcen

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2016

The quality of finished kitchen is no better than a kitchen from Bunnings or Ikea. I was given a timetable for the installation of kitchen which was to start on 1/9/15 and be completed 27/9/15. My kitchen still isn't finished. The stone bench top had to be changed due to the poor quality. The bench top I have now is still of a poor quality. I was told that there would be no guarantee that if I had it replaced again that the new one would be any better. My drawer still don't close properly even though I had it adjusted once before. I never saw the same installer. The first installer complained about having to come to south of the river when he lived north of the river. He didn't finish installing the cabinets when he was supposed to 1/9/15, so a different installer was sent days later to finish the job which he couldn't because he didn't have all the panels he needed. I then had to cancel my electrician because the panel hadn't been installed where he was going to put a power point.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kitcraft Kitchens Official

Hi Linda, Thanks for reaching out to us on Product Review. We have tried to locate your information on file and we’re unable to match your criteria with our customer database. Issues with insta... read more »

Perth

• 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes

Too small of a job

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 27, 2016

I first called up Jandakot office to ask if they will do overhead cupboards for my kitchen and laundry, easily said come in and we will discuss. Next few days I measured my cupboards sizes and went into the Jandakot office. The guys said oh I'm sorry we don't do small kitchens, we rather do whole kitchen renovations. I was thinking that's weird cause I called before and you guys were happy for me to come in and get a quote.
I said I've got the measurement here if it's easier. He said hmm ok then. So quote came back and happily agreed. Paid all progress payment. Then comes install day. Had a talk to installer before hand, he advises me he has never install LEDs lighting before. Great to hear as a client! He calls up some people and figures out how to put the cabinets together but missing a power cord and he installed a panel upside down so need to reorder as it has screws holes in the panel now. Takes 4 weeks to order 1 power cable for the LED and a panel around 350x400. Installer comes 1 week after to install. Everything goes well. Electrician comes in and says the power cable for the other 2 lights don't match need to order an adapter or something from the lighting company. Takes 2 days to come in and reschedule for electrician. Brings the part in yesterday and tries to install it. Lights don't work, says probably an issue with the LEDs. Has to call up kitchen craftsmen and tell them to get the people who supply lights to them to sort it out. So waiting for KC now for a call back.
So much for we don't do small jobs. I would never in my life again recommend them. If they send an installer out to a job that has never done it before I would not trust them to even touch my entire kitchen. The constant delays and time wasted for me to stay at home and wait. Everyone gets paid except me because I have to take time off work.
Good work Kitchen Craftsmen, the only thing you craft is wasting time and a hole in my pocket.

Comments
Kitcraft Kitchens Official

Dear Yong, Thank you for taking the time to post this review, we are sorry to hear about the issue you have had. It is important for us to receive both Positive, and Constructive feedback, as it a... read more »

would not recommend at all

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2013

After 4 years my laminate is peeling from all areas . it make my kitchen look tacky and old , I contatced them about the laminate before the warranty expired die to some technical hitch they sent mail to the wrong address , when I finally got the mail a re contacted them about oh sorry its out of date not happy at all

- bad warrenty service

Comments
Kitcraft Kitchens Official

Firstly, let me clarify that our Warranty on Vinyl Doors made by ourselves is 6 years. If your kitchen was purchased within the last 6 years, it will still be under warranty. We do not offer a 4 ye... read more »

Absolutey disgusting

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2013

After 51/2 years the laminex started to fall off and now after 7 years we have painted them. There warranty was 5 years so I got a very negative response when I rang them,they would not even come and have a look. When the kitchen was installed the bench top was short so they used tiles on an angle to cover up gap which did not help because we wanted stainless splashbacks.

- Very bad after sales and communication.

Comments
Kitcraft Kitchens Official

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. Unfortunately there was a period of time where a particular brand of glue that was being used for our Vinyl Wrap doors, has on occasion failed. ... read more »

Perth

• 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Kitcraft failed to give me the kitchen they promised

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2013

I purchsed a new Kitchen from Kitchen Craftsman, the sales process was very positive, but the fitter, quality of product, and customer service have been really, really bad. I am so dissapointed and want to warn others - find another kitchen supplier! They still have not fixed the problems and have made a lot of excuses. Specifically - cupboards were installed with visible damage, benchtop was cut badly, missed appointments, disrespectful workers. AVOID.

+ Salesman was helpful, showroom was nice

- Customer service, quality of finsh, workmanship, cost

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kitcraft Kitchens Official

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear that you have had issues with your installation. Unfortunately with renovations, there are bound to be hiccups along the wa... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Misled

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2013

We were told if we signed the contract and paid the ridiculous deposit we would have a new kitchen in 2 weeks... 6 weeks later we have a half finished disaster. We paid for a measure and quote professionally yet noting fits right.. They've damaged our ceiling and timber floors.. The salesmen promised to throw in the kitchen sink for free and then denied it, even after I confirmed it with him, as it was not written on our contract.. They're very disorganised and have a several people in your house that dont know whats going on. We signed up with them as we thought they were kitchen renovators and that they did everything for you, but theyre just glorified cabinet makers. Everything else is your responsibility to arrange, which was not clearly outlined to us. Their contracts are very confusing so you just have to sign and hope you're getting what you asked for. We are somewhat seasoned renovators and kitcraft are up there with the worst companies we have dealt with... And there have been quite a few.

+ Having a showroom to go through design.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Do Not Buy

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2015

Do Not Buy I being stupid have purchased two Kit Craft Kitchen and Funny enough just bought a house with a Kit Craft Kitchen in it.I have had the same major problem on all 3 kitchens were the laminate on all the cabinets lifts and around the oven burns and blisters.Please don't be like me pay a little more and get quality.

Comments
Kitcraft Kitchens Official

Hello Steve, We are sorry to hear about the issues you have had with our products, and thank you for your feedback. It is never nice for us to hear about unpleasant experiences, and we work very h... read more »

Bad communication!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2014

Just received our kitchen last week, It is missing 10 doors as they could not complete before delivering cabinets, also missing a couple end panels because they were cut wrong. The installer had no idea why it was incomplete so I contacted them the same day and was told they were cutting the doors while I was on the phone, it is now mid following week and I contacted the site supervisor today and he told me he would ring me back in 5 minutes, phone never rung , just came home to find I have a email saying laminate just came in and hasn't been cut to size yet and wont be ready till late week, what a joke ,I guess it was to too hard to tell me that directly, thought spending the extra money going with a reputable company would be worth it but it's seams otherwise. I don't normally write reviews but nothing upsets me more than when people lie to me, perhaps consider taking your business to one of the other big companies in Perth.

- Bad communication

Comments
Kitcraft Kitchens Official

Dear Chris, I am sorry to hear about the lack of communication that you have experienced. Unfortunately I cannot gather any particular information related to your job based on your username and ab... read more »

Be warned!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2013

Kitchen craftsmen are basically designers and cabinet makers. Their cabinets are very good but They do not site manage the installation or the tradesmen. Their own staff were very good, but some of the contractors they use don't care about being clean or tidy. If you want a complete job done then I suggest you look elsewhere. The electrician that they suggested I use, left holes in the inside of an exterior wall that mice or snakes could get through, he also placed a socket too far away from a cooktop and his solution was that I buy an extension cable! He also did not fill any holes in the kitchen.
The cabinet installer used the top of the installed and uncovered base cupboards to saw wood, this filled up the top drawers with dust, he made no attempt to clean up the mess. He also left a large pile of wood dust and rubbish in the fridge area.
I also had to replace the kitchen laminated floor, I was told initially that would not be necessary, I think this was due to a lack of communication between the company and a contractor.

+ Good cabinets and stone Worktop

- Lack of site management

Comments
Kitcraft Kitchens Official

Dear Les, Thank you taking the time to post this review. It is very concerning to us that the trades people used on your installation did not leave you happy with the end result. I would invite ... read more »

Love our new kitchen.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2017

We are very happy with the new kitchen that we have recently had installed. Paul from Kitchen craftsman in Jandakot came up with a great design and was very accomodating with all of the changes that were made during the process.

As with every project, small issues came up but were rectified with a minimum of fuss on on our side. For example, some of the doors weren't delivered with the rest of the cabinets so the carpenter could only do so much until they arrived and needed to come for a second day to finish install. A piece of cabinetry was damaged so needed to be replaced. Most of these were non-issues and were handled by the team. All in all, the splash back went in two days later than the original schedule, but was not a big deal. Worth waiting for!

The only thing that could have been improved was a bit more communication behind the scenes. Kitchen craftsmen called us to ask whether the doors had been installed. I would have expected the installer to advise the project manager of his progress rather than rely on the client to advise them.

Other than that small event, it was a good experience working with Kitchen Craftsmen and I would recommend them for if you want kitchen renovation at a competitive price.

Comments
Kitchen Craftsmen Official

Hi Anthony, Thank you for leaving us this lovely four-star review! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on Kitchen Craftsmen, and will pass on your comments to Paul at... read more »

Professional to the end

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2017

A very smooth and professional installation. Generally run like clockwork to the management timetable provided.
Minor hicups caused by unforseen alterations were fixed by Project Manager Nic without question. Would confidently recommend Kitchen Craftsmen to friends. (Except get a separate quote from their plumber first).

Comments
Kitchen Craftsmen Official

Hi Mal, Thank you for taking the time to review our work on your kitchen - and for your fantastic feedback! We’re so happy to hear that you had a great experience with Kitchen Craftsmen. We... read more »

Great outcome with my kitchen

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2016

My kitchen area was very small and Stuart did a great job of fitting everything in. His initial service exceeded expectations and i was very pleased with his attendance on site. On the whole, the kitchen is really good, and i have recommended that others use this company. Carole.

Comments
Kitcraft Kitchens Official

Thank you for your review Carole, Positive feedback is always a fantastic result from a kitchen renovation, we’ll be sure to pass on your comments to Stuart and the team - we know they’ll love y... read more »

Verified Customer

We are happy with our new kitchen

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2016

We have our kitchen renovated about 6 months ago by Kitchen Craftsmen in Perth. We are very happy with the quality and service. However we found the stone bench top is not as brilliant as we thought. It appears to leave stains on it quite easily even with water left on the bottom of a glass or cup. Also it has a little crack near the kitchen sink already.
We made the wrong choice of having a square sharp door/drawer handles, I am still have bruises on my legs as I keep bump into them.
Overall, the service was very good they were on time and trades people are very polite and professional.

Comments
Kitchen Craftsmen Official

Hey Dreamcatcher, Thanks for taking the time to send feedback to us, it's always great to receive Positive and Constructive reviews, as it allows us to address your concerns, and provide the best... read more »

A Good Job

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2014

The end result was very good. The staff who provided planning advice, quality of the cabinets and the project manager were very good. Also, the plumbing and electrical trades who work with Kitchen Craftsmen were competent. Overall a very good job.

Comments
Kitcraft Kitchens Official

Hi Mike, thank you for taking the time to feed back your comments to us. Such feedback is so important to us, to make sure we offer the very best service we can. Enjoy your first Christmas in y... read more »

I love my new kitchen!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2013

We have just completed our kitchen renovation and I can't speak highly enough of Kitchen Designer and the team at Joondalup. Rod was so patient, even with our ever-changing requests! He provided some really useful suggestions and nothing was too much trouble. The team who installed the cabinets were tidy and professional - a big thanks to [Personal Name Removed] and his team. We had a couple of small things that needed replacing along the way and these were actioned quickly and without fuss.
I have no hesitation in recommending Kitchen Craftsmen and, in fact, have already done so to a number of my friends.

+ Professional service and kept me updated throughout the process

- Nothing wrong with the company or the people but, being new to the renovation process, it was a little tricky planning time off work with only a day or two's notice before tradesman intended to come to the house.

Comments
Kitcraft Kitchens Official

Thank you for taking the time to post this review.

We welcome your feedback, and will certainly take on board the constructive and positive comments you have provided.

We hope you are enjoying your Kitchen Craftsmen Kitchen!

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

actually we are very happy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2012

We used Kitchen Craftsmen recently to renovate our kitchen and it was great. Renovations are what they are! But we had great service from our designer (we went to their Cannington showroom) and the kitchen looks great. We had to wait a bit longer to get it finished with the glass spalshback but when it was all done, it looked awesome and still does. We had a good experience and we'd be happy to use them again.

+ Made in WA, good quality, friendly designer

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

An Excellent Outcome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

Thanks to Paul and the guys from Kitchen Crafsmen Jandakot. We now have a brilliant, swish kitchen, all done professionally without too much stress. I'd highly recommend them to any prospective 'kitchen renovators' out there.

Comments
Kitchen Craftsmen Official

Hi Andrew, Thank you so much for your five-star review! Deciding which company to use for your kitchen renovation is a big decision, so we are very thankful you chose us. It is wonderful to hear... read more »

Gobsmack'ingly Stunning Transformation!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

…And I'm still speechless. Our kitchen transformation is unbelievable. I've seen reviews about other KC centres, but John and Stavros at KC Midland are phenomenal. From the time John walked in for a quote and patiently measured out the place, we knew this was going to be good. Professionalism with a hint of friendliness is what you want to see when dealing with people and that's exactly what you get from these boys

We had cheaper quotes from elsewhere, but we didn't know what we were getting while others were asking for a fee just to start off the initial plan...but what if we weren't happy with it?

Anyway, after seeing the 3D design John had prepared for us it just felt right and we couldn't stop smiling. We made a few customisations to suit our taste and the team was more than happy to accommodate it.

Stavros was with us for the long haul and we would like to absolutely commend him for his patience, knowledge and very friendly nature. There were so many decisions to made, but Stavros in his infinite knowledge would quickly come up with solutions and/or alternatives to things that wouldn’t fit the design.

The whole project was a success from start to finish and very well planned. There were a few minor issues experienced, but Stavros was quick to resolve them and that’s the peace of mind you want when going through a renovation of any kind.

The KC team that undertook our project were all fantastic and I think they all deserve a mention:
- Al the builder - who managed to demolish our old-style brick pantry we thought could never be removed and levelling out part of the kitchen wall which for some unknown reason had initially been designed with a curve at the end of it.
- Jason – who was absolutely remarkable with his cabinetry work and is an all-round top bloke.
- Jonny the electrician – Happy go lucky chap with a wealth of experience in his field, who also managed to do a few extra jobs required as part of kitchen reno.
- Adam and his plumbing team - who made the whole process look seamless.
- Richard aka Richo – who was very friendly and quite precise in the measure and template of the stone bench-top using some unique tools.

We are so grateful we chose Kitchen Craftsmen as our kitchen transformation team and will highly recommend them to anyone looking to get lifestyle-changing renovation…you are in safe hands with these guys.

The wife is very happy which means I will have one long happy life.

Comments
Kitchen Craftsmen Official

Hi Mista, Wow, what an incredible review! We can’t thank you enough for taking the time to share your experience of Kitchen Craftsmen. It's always super to receive customer comments, especia... read more »

Verified Customer

Amazing project from day one!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2017

Our new kitchen installation was managed in a timely manner, in a schedule as exactly depicted to us. The advice given to us in the planning and design stage was spot on. The KC team were respectful, responsive to queries and demonstrated great attention to detail.

Comments
Kitchen Craftsmen Official

Hi Dale, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us feedback here on Product Review. We’re so glad that your kitchen renovation went smoothly, and was finished on time according to sched... read more »

1 of 7 pages