Date Purchased: Aug 2018

So disappointing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

We used this on carpets. We have two long haired cats & a Labrador, so hair/fur is a huge issue for us. The machine kicked up lots and lots of fluff with the front rotor and wouldn't suck any of it up. It's really (REALLY) loud. I spent over an hour doing our lounge floor and it still wasn't clean. Really disappointed.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2018

Great machine

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

Great on carpets, not good on hard flooring such as tiles! Price is the attraction on this product.
It's not that easy to manoeuvre when you have it on the hardest setting. Useless for stairs and won’t get into corners or tight spots. Value at the price. Would recommend for cleaning of carpets.

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Point less!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

Purchased because apparently it sucks like a Dyson,
Worked kind of okay at the start
Now the dirt just flicks back underneath
Doesn't suck
Yes l have cleaned it out numerous times
Worst vacumn ever
Don't buy it!
I will be putting it out on the verge soon
Not only that it's not that easy to manoeuvre when you have it on the hardest setting

Hopeless!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

Absolutely hopeless... except in a heavy duty rug that the cat sleeps on and you don’t actually like that much. We took it back pretty quickly. Hopeless for hardwood/tile floors and sounds like an A380 Airbus when you turn it on. Is heavy, clunky, useless for stairs and won’t get into corners or tight spots. Should have listened to friends and family when they said spend the extra on a Dyson cordless - lesson learned and another example of “getting what you pay for”. We took it back with 24 hours.

Absolute rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

Just bought based on hype & some reviews. Should have listened to lady who said it didn’t work on hard floors-she is 100% right. Just pushed dirt/dust around or went straight over top on it. Even on our flat carpet. I did check settings & they were right. We have floorboards. It’s gone back in box to return tomorrow. Will get Miele.

Excellent product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2018

Being a female I thought that I would set up this vacuum as I thought it looked easy, it was blowing dust and bits and pieces out instead of picking up.. in comes husband and checks it out, the thing is the hose is not the usual set up to every day vacs so once that was sorted I have a fantastic heavy duty vac, I have looked at other reviews and some people say that it blows dust out.....so have a good look and sort out the hose and save yourself hundreds of $$$$$. Cheers

• 1 answer

Date Purchased: Nov 2018

Obviously not for hard floors

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2018

We bought this vacuum based on the positive reviews here and elsewhere, however, it is totally useless on hard floors. On tiles, It just tends to blow the dirt around and not actually vacuum it at all. We tried re-assembling and changing the height, however, no difference at all. I would not recommend this vacuum for use on hard floors.

Brisbane

• 8 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Well......

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

This vacuum had so much hype! Everyone was raving about how amazing this vacuum was an how much dirt it picked up, so of course I ran out to buy one an because they where so popular my local stores had none an online was sold out! Well one day i was at my local an low an behold I found the vacuum an you could not believe how excited I was! I rushed to buy it an couldn’t wait to get home to try it. I set the bad boy up an away I was.... i first tried it on my tiles an it was just pushing the dirt around not picking up... of course I had to check to see if my silly blonde self had it on wrong function or put it together wrong but nope! Then I tried it on carpet an omg it sucked so hard I could hardly push the thing lol! It then decided it wanted to “eat” my carpet an took a chunk out of it (argh!) again my first thought was ok I must have it set up wrong or on wrong setting but again nope! So after trying all the different settings an surfaces I gave up an returned it to the shop. So after this long,long review (ha sorry not sorry) in short this vacuum is... HEAVY-USELESS ON HARD FLOOR- AND IT EATS YOUR CARPET WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Oct 2018

What a let down!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2018

This is the worst vacuum I have ever bought! On all my floors - carowt, hardwood and lino, the brush either shifts the dirt to the side or blows it out from under the base. It drops debris as it is moved, and blows dust everywhere. It's noisy and awkward to handle, the cord constantly gets tangled around the body. It certainly does not live up to the hype and I'll be returning it today!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

I use this vacuum on wooden floorboards and tiles. I also use the different pieces to vacuum the sofas.

It is absolutely amazing. Easily able to change the setting for floor or sofa. With the movement range it allows to get in hard to reach places and the attachments allow to get to the high parts and any nooks and crannies.

Brisbane

• 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Love it and thanks Kmart!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

I can't believe Kmart made something so good again and again.
It is a very good quality and for the price I pay for. It vacuums very well, very clean. The only minor problem is it is heavy compare to our old vacuum cleaner. But it is worth the lot!

Truly Impressive

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

I bought the 1200W upright to use on carpets in an older home after readings others' reviews online. Once I figured out how to attach the hose properly (and later, how to empty the bin efficiently--note, upside down after removing the filters is the cleanest way) I was off and it was an impressive monster of a vacuum. The first bin filled up within minutes but to be fair, there was decades' worth of dirt and dust.

I still used my Dyson animal handstick to get in tight corners and around the edges, but the extension on the upright 1200W would have also done the trick (if I was willing to get that close to the ground). In using the two in tandem, I can honestly say the 1200W is comparable to the Dyson but has a much bigger bin. It's also heavier but not terribly. I'd use the 1200W for big jobs and for deep cleaning over large spaces and continue using my Dyson for quick clean ups and everyday cleaning.

Croydon

Unexpected

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

I read reviews regarding this vacuum and thought, why not for the price. My daughter had vacuumed our lounge room earlier that day with our old Dyson. I thought I'd test it out in the lounge to see if it picked up anything missed. I managed to fill the new Kmart vacuum. I was shocked as the carpet did not seem dirty. I would highly recommend this vacuum.

melbourne

Date Purchased: Oct 2018

First one died the replacement one almost caught on fire

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

I bought this vaccume after reading great reviews, and wanted this because it collected pet hair / hepa filter and wheels. I thought for $89 that’s pretty good. It was great it worked it collected pet hair however after the second use in a matter of a week it died on me so I replaced it for the same one, again after using it for a second time lots of lightning sparks and smoke was coming out of the filter about to catch on fire if I had continued to leave it running. I returned it for a full refund and the girl at Kmart said many people are returning this vaccume and she also went thru two Vaccumes herself. I’ll just be spending more on something that last longer. Pity though it was great just the flaws and dying was a huge let down.

Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Deadly suction

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

This vacuum is very powerful, so much so if it sucks up ANY cord it destroys it! We only had our vacuum for a few months before it stopped working and cleaning the filter is annoying, as it doesn't dry up quick enough. Overall the performance was great but just be careful of vacuuming around cords.

• 5 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Awful. I returned it a few hours later

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

Tried to vacum a carpet and it just blew dirt and dust into my face and spread dirt everywhere. Tried it on a vinyl floor too and it wouldn't suck up anything, even large crumbs. The drum was spotless inside and the outside of the vacuum was covered in dust. It is awful. It was all connected correctly but it just wouldn't work.
I returned it to Kmart a few hours later for a refund.

Sydney

• 3 answers

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Great suction

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

Great suction as long as the tank stays empty so you constantly are emptying it. The cord is annoying but not too terrible. If you have some pulled threads in your carpet do not go over them with this vacuum, it will rip them out, I have lines everywhere in my carpet now

Melbourne

• 10 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 10 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Great vaccum for the price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

Thought had bought a faulty one, turned out that when you adjust the vaccum settings to suit your floors the vaccum works a treat. The suction is strong and picks up everything. Tried the mini suction hand held piece which works great aswell on hard to get areas and couches.

Date Purchased: May 2018

Vacuum on steroids

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

Purchased this vac after having a similar, smaller model from Godfreys.
Really is amazing the amount of debris it collects from the carpet! I feel a bit like a dirty beggar after seeing just what it pulls out of my carpet. Lifts the pile, so does a thorough job and makes the carpet plush. Upright so easy on the back and does hard surfaces too.
I'm not game to try it on my mattress..probably would never sleep again after seeing what it is bound to pull out! haha.
Good buy, great price. Can't fault it.

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Very impressed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

We had a vacumaid system in the house and it packed up, so we bought one of these. Amazing result, can not believe the amount of dust collected in the cylinder each time, it actually makes you feel ill that all that dust and dirt is accumulating in your carpets and rugs! We use it on tiles, cork floors, wool carpet and rugs. Have yet to use it on our mattresses but have heard that is an eye opener too! Great value for money.

1 of 12 pages

Hi guys.. Love this vac but as of a couple of days ago the suction from head isnt working yet has great suction from one of the hoses..Any idea what the problem may be.. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thankyo..

Sandii Lee asked on Nov 24, 2018

Answer this

Has the head got anything stuck in it? Is it full of hair maybe or had a piece of string wrapped around inside it? There was a wee tool that came with mine to get rid of any hair or string that could of wrapped around the head if this is not the problem have you made sure the hose is connected to the right place? If either of those don’t resolve the issue I would return to the store for a replacement or refund

When I switch on the vacuum, the brush head does not turn at all. Nothing can be sucked into the dust bin. Is something wrong?

Jamie asked on Oct 20, 2018

Answer this

Sounds like a faulty head. If you have made sure everything is set up properly an connected an still nothing I would return to the store for a replacement or refund

Every thing is empty and clean, while trying to vacuum dirt from tiles it seems to be sucking up the dirt then somehow coming back from somewhere and hitting my ankles. Would anyone have ideas?

Tracy C asked on Oct 11, 2018

Answer this

Have you attached the hose properly? I had the same problem but once I attached the hose, the bin filled up immediately.

See all 35 questions about Kmart 1200W Upright