Adelaide

• 1 comment
  • 2 answers

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2018

This is the best thing I have bought from KMART.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

My house is fully carpeted, I also have a very hairy dog. I have two other vacuums and I find they both work well but are heavy to use and I get a sore back. This vacuum is so light and easy to use, it performs brilliantly, I empty the container three times when I do the whole house, mostly dog hair. The battery lasts for about 25 minutes on each charge, I have even used it to vacuum the artificial grass in the gazebo, it picks up all the leaves and other rubbish that blows in. Because it is so light and easy to use I find I clean the house much more often, I am 78 years old.

Date Purchased: Mar 2018

No spin. No suction

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

I purchased two this year (1 for upstairs) believing the other positive reviews.
More fool me!
Neither of them have any suction and the heads have stopped spinning in both. Despite cleaning the heads and keeping charged these are useless.
It's a cheap product and that's reflected in its lack of quality and longevity.
Save your money and buy a quality vacuum cause you'll waste you money on this potential dust collector.

Date Purchased: Nov 2018

Don't buy it

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

I used this vacuum on both tiles and carpet. It has very poor suction I expected a lot more for $99. I bought this so I could get under furniture but everytime I used it to vacuum under furniture the flat head piece kept flipping over. Don't buy it it's not worth it.

Not worth the money

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2018

I Was really disappointed did not have much suction at all after reading some great reviews couldnt wait to give it a try and it hardly picked up anything i think I would have been better buying a hard brissled broom and sweeping but I highly recommend not buying this vacuum

• 3 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Priced as per performance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

my 9 year old corded dyson died and i needed a quick replacement - not willing to part with the cash needed for a v10 yet, i purchased this at Kmart with flybuys money so not out of pocket at all.
Coming from a corded unit with strong suction, at first this didn't seem to be sucking. As in, it doesn't have that 'lift-carpet' action. However I think with the rotating brush inside the floor head 'beats' the dust out of the carpet and the suction then doesn't have to be as strong to suck it up. The small dust chamber filled with 'fluff'(carpet fluff and dust' very quickly, and I have to empty it twice on a twice weekly full house (100sqm) vac. We have carpet, shaggy rug, tiles and timber floor so have used it on the full spectrum of surfaces. The first few weeks, I still bought the industrial garage vac in to do a 'proper' clean - yet as I got used to the turbo head doing more of the work compared to straight up strong suction of the corded units, I've stopped that, as in a small house, the big vacuums really bang up the walls.
Suction noticeably dropped off recently and I had to run over the same piece of carpet repeatedly, and I thought I'd return it, but upon reading the instructions it said to empty the filter - well - that was CHOCK full of super fine dust - and once I'd banged that out (not washed) the suction and performance improved. I also need to remove the spinning floor brush and cut the tangled hair out of it after every vacuum. Yes its a bit annoying and time consuming, but the time saved from plugging in a corded unit and dragging it around is the trade off. It also does struggle to lift heavy debris, and when powering off, they can tend to fall back out the floor head of the unit.
In summary - it is fairly priced the performance of the unit. You get what you pay for.

• 2 comments

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2018

Good enough, great value for money.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2018

I'ts not a Dyson, but for $100 why would you expect it to be. It does a good job and the battery lasts to do my entire unit. Really great value for money and super convenient. I've used on lino and wool carpets, not the strongest suction, but good enough to keep your place tidy and clean.

It doesn't suck!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2018

This little vacuum is a waste of money!! It has little to no suction power and when I turn it off what ever has been sucked up then just falls out of the head.
I have been left feeling disappointed as I had heard only good reviews. I am now on the search for a stick vacuum!!

Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Poor suction

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2018

The suction on mine is crap! It wont even pick up a blowflies off window sill. :( I use on carpet, a thick rug and on lino. Wish I had of read reviews before I grabbed it. I had only heard good things from people, next purchase i think i will be trying it out instore before i buy.

Gold coast

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Great for the price

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

Great cheap little vacuum. It does a good job for the price I paid. It is easy to clean out the filter and easy to empty. I use it on tile and carpet. The only thing that would make it better is if it had more suction. Charges quickly too

Brisbane

• 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Efficient at a great price

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2018

I bought one of these cute stick vacuum cleaners a few weeks ago and have used it regularly since. It works quite efficiently. I wouldn't say it has the strongest suction power, but for the price it is a very efficient and useful vacuum cleaner. The best thing about it is that it is so easy to carry around. It splits into 3 pieces and can easily be stored in a cupboard or carried around in the boot of my car. I am not sure ow long the battery last since I have never run out of battery power. But I have used it for over 15 minute without any problems. I plug it in every time after I finish using it. Overall I would recommend it.

Kellyville

• 8 comments
  • 27 answers
  • 20 helpful votes

Date Purchased: May 2018

Don't buy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

I was in love with this vac at first but as time went on the suction lessened and was not picking up, then by the 4th month it failed to work so I took it back for a refund .Unfortunately this is one Kmart product that is not worth buying at all which is a same

Brisbane

• 8 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Good for a quick tidy up!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

This vacuum is great value for money at $99! It goes from tiles to carpet with no trouble at all. It has a run time of approximately 20min before needing charged again. You do not need to hold down the button to work just one click for low speed or 2 clicks for turbo speed. It’s very light an easy to use. I highly recommend this vacuum but, for quick clean ups only (hence not 5 stars) perfect for those chips the kids just crushed onto the floor lol.

Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

Had heard it was really good was very disappointed after first use. Anything more then just dust one the floor is to heavy and can't make it all the way up the stick and just falls back out when the vacuum is turned off. Useless if you are cleaning up after kids

Mollymook beach

Best vaccuum

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2018

This little vacuum works a great!
As a busy mum of two small children I love how light and easy the stick vaccuum is for those times when I need to clean up quick and easy.
The kids have a ball with it too helping mummy clean. For the price it really is great value for money.

Orange

• 1 answer
  • 5 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Great product for the price tag!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

Great product for the price does everthing I would expect..very convenient makes life so much easier...25 minute battery life before you need to charge again...decent suction very light good for that quick vacuum!! I still use my dyson once a week for those big vaccums. Great product at a great price.

Good for small apartment

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

I'm very happy with the cleaning it does, although I dont know how it would go in a big house. I even did the car. Brushes need to be cleaned after every use, but thats normal, something I have always done anyway. I like the size of the cleaner and it moves around easily over tiles, vinyl and carpet., Great for an oldie like me and saves having to drag my dyson barrell around and tripping over the cord.

Melbourne

A "meh" Vacuum

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

I use this vacuum in my tiny apartment which has both carpet and tiles. The size of the vacuum is great and even comes with a little wall mount that you can put on your walls:

On Tiles: The vacuum works well. It picks up crumbs, and other little bits that show up. It's really handy as my tiles are dark grey and any debris shows up. Great for a quick clean up. It however, does not pick up larger debris, or, say, a Mentos wrapper or dryer lint.

On Carpet: It really doesn't do the best job on carpet. It seems like it doesn't have enough suction power to give you that "JUST VACUUMED" look. I get the same level of clean that I would get from using an OK-ish broom on my carpet.

Given that I would like to have a clean looking carpet, I wouldn't recommend this vacuum for carpeted homes.

TLDR: Good on tiles. Below average on carpet. Spend your money on a different vacuum.

Yorkeys Knob

Date Purchased: May 2018

so useful!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

I purchased this as an easy alternative to getting the large vacuum out and its been so helpful. it is one of the cheaper options for a stick vacuum and worth the monies i paid for it. Very convenient especially with having a young daughter who makes a mess when eating!

stanhope gardens

Date Purchased: Jul 2018

vaccum when you want

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

my grand kids with their friends do what they do best - mess up the carpet and where ever they can. WoW what a beautiful mess they create and as a grand parent I have all the time cleaning the said mess. Their mothers chat away and I find the fun to use the vacuum cleaner to clear the mess left by my grand kids

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Money well spent

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

While this vacuum cleaner is not the most expensive on the market i have found it to be very good value for price. I mainly use it for smaller quick clean ups in between weekly vacuuming of the whole house. I have a wood fire and this cleaner is great for that

1 of 2 pages

How long does it take to charge?

Ty Ross asked on Nov 05, 2018

Answer this

The box says 5 hours charging time but I’ve had it go flat an popped it on charger done other chores an got it out again after half hour an it had enough charge to finish what I needed done. It is recommended to pop on the charger when not in use an there is a wall bracket with it to. Hope this helps

Agree with Kate. But worth noting, despite modern technology, ALL batteries develop a "memory" and will ultimately only recharge to the point last discharged. So always discharge fully before recharging fully and your battery will last "indefinitely" (yeah, right)

Moritzia, you are confusing Cadmium batteries with Lithium ion, Cadmium need to be fully discharged or they will develop a memory, Lithium ion are like lead acid and suffer if they are deeply discharged.

Can it be transform to handheld? TIA

Lim L asked on Nov 05, 2018

Answer this

You can remove the long stick an use just the end with the attachments included yes

Hi, I’m looking a purchasing this Vac, but I’m hesitant due to the fact that my current Electrolux stick vac can’t pick up small crumbs and tiny rock from my timber floor boards. My whole house has timber flood, has anyone had suction/ pick up issues with the vac on timber floors? Thanks for your help!

Catalina A asked on Oct 15, 2018

Answer this

Hi catalina A.. for $99 its not a bad unit nothing like a dyson suction wise!! But i have a house most of it is tiled and it does a good job picking up crumbs and the like..has a 25 minute battery life before you need to charge it again. Its money well spent.

Thanks Chewy! I’ll purchase one today

Hi Catalina. I brought one of these about 3 months ago. I was so excited but very quickly deflated. It would not even pick up the blowflies of the window sill! Suction on mine is total crap. :(

See all 11 questions about Kmart Cordless Stick Vacuum