The perfect mattress

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2018

Love the mattress since I’ve had it every night is better than the night before so comfortable no matter What side I sleep on it’s just so comfortable and the service of the company was excellent very polite talk to

Date Purchased: Nov 2018

This has helped me sleep better and eased my pain considerably

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2018

Sleep is better, helps with pain in all my joints, I have had many fractures. The mattress has helped to ease some of the pain. I have only had the mattress for a short time, I feel I need more time to fully gauge the benefits of having a mattress of gnus type.

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 9 helpful votes

Great mattress

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

Purchased 2 mattresses (one for my daughter and one for myself) very happy with it so far. Super fast delivery. Was a bit sceptical at first but with their 120 day return guarantee, didn't have much to lose. Glad I made the purchase as we're very happy with the comfort and support of these mattresses.

• 1 review
  • 1 answer

Yep.... it is good!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

Sooo good. Everyone sleeping well. No problem transitioning and we have so much space (king size is such a luxury). My partner has back issues but so far he has woken up refreshed every morning and no stiffness.

Smell and turned yellow

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

Hi, we bought our koala 1month ago and it arrived with a horrible chemical smell which disappeared after 2 weeks but now the mattress is turning yellow on the top even we put on a mattress protection on for the first 4weeks.
It is very comfy but the color concerns me. Cheers

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Terrible Chemical Smell Made me Sick

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

Not recognised as a fault, but mattress did come with a very strong chemical smell. I tried the bicarbonate of soda treatment as recommended but it did not make a lot of difference. Smell lasted over a month. As I was reacting with headaches and nausea I had to vacate my bedroom for over a month. I did not read the small print on purchase and did not see that outside of metro area I had to pay return costs. I waited for smell to go then tried to get used to the mattress but it was too firm. Unwilling to put up with this for the next 10 years I paid for its return and am out of pocket $230.00 return freight. Very unpleasant experience all round.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Ready to order again

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2018

Ordered our first queen size a month ago.
Easy to order, fast delivery, no hassle to unwrap, not heavy at all to put into place.
Improved my daughter’s back.
Cool on hot nights, warm on the cooler ones.
No weird smell.
Very impressed, ready to order the next one.

Comments
Koala Official

Thanks, Annabelle!

Wonderful product.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

Mattress is firm and comfortable. I have not had a sore back since sleeping on this mattress. I have a somewhat fidgety partner that moves around a lot and used to wake me up due to the mattress moving, since sleeping on the Koala mattress I barely notice her movements. I am sleeping well and fall to sleep a lot easier. The mattress feels like it is durable and of high quality. Love it.

Date Purchased: Nov 2018

Love it. Great service and great product.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Great mattress. Purchase and delivered in under 6 hours. Great to sleep on and no regrets. Really would recommend to others, it’s not a small expense but one worth getting right.

Comments
Koala Official

Thanks, Sarah!

Redcliffe, Queensland

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Fantastic mattress

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

I absolutely love my mattress. It felt a little firm for the first night or two but then I was extremely comfortable and having very restful sleep. My husband is a very restless sleeper but I do not have any partner disturbance. It is also very supportive. Its firm but soft at the same time - very hard to explain but I am very happy with it and will be buying my son one when the time comes and highly recommend this mattress. Ordering online was extremely easy, I ordered it Monday at 4pm and it arrived Tuesday morning. Extremely efficient.

Comments
Koala Official

Thanks, Leanne!

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Should have bought this mattress years ago!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

Since the day it was delivered (2hrs from the time I paid can u believe!) we have been in love with our koala mattress! It is a tiny bit shorter on length than our original mattress but we have bed heads so was fine.
My partner was struggling to get a good sleep due to shoulder stiffness but the mattress has definitely reduced his discomfort. He also turns around in his sleep but now I can't feel him doing it. We both look forward to jumping into bed and still say every night, "god I love this mattress."
It did take a few weeks to get used to the sides being softer, ie. the old one had a metal frame so u could sit on it and put yr socks on but the koala sinks. Not a big deal considering everything else about the mattress is spot on!!! Congratulations koala team on some great design work

Comments
Koala Official

Thank you very much!
SO glad you love it

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Dec 2018

BE WARNED

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

Ordered for 4 hour delivery on the Friday afternoon. Didn't arrive. Spoke to customer service who basically said "Sorry, Monday is the earliest we can do now".

Slept on an air bed all weekend. Monday arrives, I'm told delivery will be between 10am and 2pm. It's now 2:40pm and the tracking map shows the truck has now gone past my suburb.

Sent a message to customer support - no response.

Disgraceful when you've just spend $3,000 on a bed and a couch with no communication and 2 total failures at delivery.

Horrendous experience. Do not recommend dealing with this company.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Koala Official

Hi EH, We're really sorry to hear about your experience. I sent a message through to you yesterday on product review but didn't receive a reply. May you please email me your original order number? ... read more »

Amazing mattress

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

Comfortable and supportive. Would say it is a firm mattress. Have had for a couple of weeks now and loving it. Have both the mattress and the bed base. Initially we tried the mattress on a ikea frame and didnt like it so purchaed the koala bed base and works much better with the mattress.
Base is easy to build. Only question is whether the bed heaboard is meant to move?
Bed slides a bit on the base but not when sleeping on it.
Great customer service. A bit annoying canberra is considere regional so not eligible for the free returns but no issues for us with mattress or bed so hopefully we won’t have to return it!

SO comfy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

SUCH a comfortable mattress - we went from a double to a king size so it's even more luxurious!

I do find that when my partner moves a lot the mattress does bounce a little.

Comments
Koala Official

Thanks for the kind review Kate!

All round winner!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

Both my husband and I have suffered from neck and back pain. My husband would normally wake up groaning due to pain, until the morning where we order the Koala Mattress. We ordered it at 8:45 and it was at our house by 10:43! Less than 2 hours! Of course, we were a bit sceptical initially but after the first night, I couldn't believe how much better my upper back, neck & shoulders all felt and no grumpy husband too! All round winner!

Comments
Koala Official

Stephanie - we are so pleased to hear that you have had such a great experience with Koala!

Sandon Mattresses

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

We have purchased 10 mattresses for our holiday house and my mates 86 your old dad has not been sleeping well at all due to a bad back and shoulder. He went to sleep on a Koala mattress at 9 pm and we needed to wake him at 10 am the next day as we thought he was dead. The best mattress he has ever slept on and was going home to order one.

• 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Nov 2018

The chemical smell is unbearable

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

Your foam smells like a plastics factory. I can see why people are complaining about it. So so so bad. I want to throw it out. It’s not safe. This needs to be addressed.

Comments
Koala Official

I understand exactly where you are coming from. The smell should be gone within 1-2 weeks. That being said some people are more sensitive to smell and so a new mattress or car may be noticeable for... read more »

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Glad I invested, I love my Koala!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

I love my Koala mattress! I was treated to an immediate improvement in sleep, as well as my back pain being pretty much eliminated in the first week. I never expected my back to be 100% after years of manual labor & lots of heavy lifting, but most days I feel pretty close. I've found my mattress to be firm & supportive, warm in winter & breathable in summer (if no mattress protector is used). The mattress has a slight impression from me sleeping in the one spot every night, but it still offers a great, supportive, & comfortable nights sleep. I will definitely be investing in another Koala mattress when this ones time is up.

Comments
Koala Official

Hey Jac!
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review here!
We're really pleased to hear the mattress is working well for you.

Adelaide

• 1 answer

Excellent mattress ever purchased

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

i have used many mattresses but Koala mattress is the best till now. I usually get up everyday with either neck or back pain. But after sleeping in koala mattress, i don't have any pains more. Feeling fresh everyday.

Comments
Koala Official

How good! Thanks for sharing your experience, Senthil

Perfect

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

So far so good, Have not noticed any improvement in my back & neck pain but I definitely sleep better. Mattress is firm . Appears to be durable , but it’s early days. I’m very happy so far.

Comments
Koala Official

Thanks, Jen!

1 of 131 pages

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to turn or rotate my Koala Mattress?

As it is polyurethane foam-based, Koala mattresses disperses weight evenly. Unlike spring-based mattresses, you do not need to routinely turn or rotate your mattress.

Is there a weight limit to using a Koala Mattress?

The mattress has been tested with several weighted dummies, up to 240 kg (530 lbs), and is suitable for most, if not all body types.

Why do I feel hot when using a Koala Mattress?

A foam-based mattress warms up more in comparison to conventional, spring-based mattresses after some use. Koala recommends changing the fabric type of your bed sheet or fitted sheet if you feel warm.

Do I need a bed base with a Koala Mattress?

A Koala Mattress works with any bed base type, including slat and ensemble bases. Koala recommends that you do not use your mattress directly on the floor for hygienic reasons.

Latest Consumer Questions

Hi, in the process of looking for a good mattress, I have a lot of back issues and was wondering if people recommend the koala mattress?

ChristinaSav asked on Dec 02, 2018

Answer this

Since it's hard to try before you buy the Koala mattress I would look elsewhere initially. The mattress is fairly thin but very supportive. My partner and I work long hours on our feet and engaging in manual labor but always wake refreshed.

Has this proven to work for children with ecezma?

tess asked on Nov 27, 2018

Answer this

To be honest, its just couple of weeks we are using the mattress so not sure how good for children with ecezma. But the material they used is really good and comfortable compare to the other usual mattress in the market.

Recently purchased a koala mattress but seem to be overheating, and quite a lot of heat being retained in the mattress. I am normally fine on other mattresses and have tried two different types of sheets (one eucalyptus and one cotton) and two different quilts (one all season and one summer) with limited success. Bed has wooden slates. Is this normal to feel so hot?

Dave asked on Nov 18, 2018

Hi Dave,

Oh no that does not sound very comfortable for you, are you able to send an email to support@koala.com with your order number and one of our team will be able to help you out - we really do want you having a nice cool sleep and our mattress and sheets are both designed for this.

Sweet Dreams