The Kogan Agora Smart 4K LED Series has been replaced by the newer Kogan 4K LED SmarterTV model.

Melbourne e

Model: KALED55KU8000SZA (55") Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Amazing Product!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

This is the best TV i have ever owned, the screen quality is fantastic! The capabilities with the apps and remote and amazing! only things i would say need improving is sound quality, having a optic audio cable option and 1 more HDMI pots (only has 3). Other than that i absolutely love this product.

Chevron Island, qld

Verified Purchase Model: KALED55UHDZB (55") Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Value for money

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2018

After 2 years its still going good. However I have never been able to get Netflix to work on the tv. Says required external storage. Not very explanatory with how to get it going. Picture and operating is otherwise good. There was one issue where the loading screen kept flashing in a cycle after it was turned off for a few days ran as good as new. Probably shouldn't have to do that through.

Model: KALED55KU8000SZC (55") Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Locked/frozen Kogan screen emblem

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2018

After a year of service machine locked up and contacted Dick Smith and Kogan even though have extra warranty can't get any help. Keep getting stacks of firmware numbers which dont apply. Very poor after sales service and now going to have to complain even though purchases extended warranty very annoying

• 7 answers

Model: KALED55UHDZA (55") Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Wasting Money & Time

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

It does sound that you had for yourself a bargain when you bought it at $580 a 55” Smart TV , but wait till you receive the TV and you’ll be shocked that TV of the 1980’s has better features and more solid
It takes ages to load (alot longer than any other brands)
Lots of buttons on remote control are just useless and has no function
It keeps on booting you out
Eventually after few months , it stops working
When you try to contact support , no numbers provided , and when you send an email , no one contact you ever

Melbourne

Model: KALED49KU8000SZA (49") Date Purchased: Jul 2017

BUYER BEWARE-WHAT YOU PAY FOR IS WHAT YOU GET!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

Firstly after setting up my Kogan 49” KU8000 TV I noticed how lifeless the colours were, tried resetting it, helped a bit. The sound was also very tinny, so could only watch with a sound bar. Then 16 months after purchasing the TV there’s a large clap sound and it goes completely dead. I took it to a repaire shop, there they showed me that it had blown up, due to a power surge. Of course the unit was out of warranty and even had I tried to complain they would of denied my claim even though I have a 1830 joules power protector and nothing else blew up connected to that power board.
Replaced it with a Hisense, so happy now, picture and sound quality amazing.

Canberra

• 1 question
  • 1 answer

Model: KALED55KU8000SZF (55") Date Purchased: May 2017

Good value for money

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2018

Had difficulty with Netflix synchronisation but Kogan resolved the problem for me.
No problems with controls.
No problems with wireless connectivity Haven't used bluetooth.
Enough ports for my needs.
Foxtel 4k seems to be no problem but having problem working out how to change resolution from HD to 4k.
However I have found that going into settings and opening any setting changes the resolution to 4k.

Purchased at: Dick Smith

Model: KALED43UHDZB (43") Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Not as easy as advertised

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2018

Purchased this tv just over 1 yr ago now and the only thing that actually works properly is foxtel...
Netflix is always pixelated, youtube has never worked, can't use stan :( all the reviews i found when i was purchasing this tv were good.. i don't know where all the bad ones were i wish i knew the issues back then i would not have wasted my money.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

• 5 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Worst TV ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

Yes it was cheap but I'd rather pay more and get a TV that works. They don't deliver 65" TV's to the Mornington Pen so when it didn't work and we had to return it it was a huge problem to take it back to Melbourne and get them to pick it up there. Even now, the remote control is next to useless. It barely responds and although we finally got the Netflix app installed it has limited options. Changing the profile appears to be impossible. I've never felt more like dumping an item like this one.

Model: KALED43UHDZB (43") Date Purchased: Mar 2018

beware do not buy this rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

absolute crap beware do not buy this product !!!!! remote only works if it held up to the tv !! replaced it but still the same !! wish i had never bought this crap !! cheap cheap low manufactured rip off ! and no one gets back to you re problems

• 1 question

Model: KALED49KU8000SZA (49") Date Purchased: Jul 2015

Never buy a Kogan

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

My TV is displaying
Unfortunately, Launcher has stopped.
Unfortunately the process andriod.process.acore has stopped.
Unfortunately Google Services Framework has stopped.
It won't go into anything else and just turns off on it's on. Kogan "support team" were no help at all I've been trying to get in contact with them all day!!! They keep sending me emails that have nothing to do with my issue!!!

Purchased at: Betta Home Living

Swansea NSW

• 15 answers

Model: KALED49KU8000SZB (49") Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Good value & quality

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

If you want a 2000 dollar TV, this ain't it, but it doesn't pretend to be. It's a good quality, well functioning smart TV with better than average picture & sound. I find the remote a little clunky when online, but that's true of me with most controllers. My opinion is it's damn good value for money

Model: KALED55KU8000SZF (55") Date Purchased: May 2018

Lack of customer service, worked for 5 months then oh dear

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

When I first got the TV I was happy. It has a few quirks but reading online you can work around them i.e. some of the android features. After 5 months it says loading and after around a minute it switches itself off. Dealing with Logan is poor. You cannot connect them by phone and they have no live chat. Quite slow to respond for a company of its size. Still waiting for a technician to arrange pick up. From what I reading it takes arts month to get back. If that is true then I will be asking for a refund. I will update as this plays out but 4 days after reporting the issue Kogan have not told me when my TV will be looked at. Not happy!

• 1 helpful vote

Model: KALED55UHDZE (55") Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Use with Foxtel iQ4 4k

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

Have has this model for awhile but mainly used it as a straight Tv and not as smart tv. Seemed to be ok. Now have upgraded my Foxtel box only to find I cannot get the 4K channel to work. Very surprised as tv advertised as 4K ultra HD. according to tv specs it has the right resolution and refresh rate. My hdmi cable meets the requirements so no sure what to do next.

Melbourne

• 1 helpful vote

Model: KALED55KU8000SZF (55") Date Purchased: Jan 2018

How you can fix it!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

This has happen to me where this tv had been suddenly frozen and didn’t open. The only way to fix it is to contact Kogan help by mail and they will give u a firmware to download on a USB and insert it into the tv where it’ll be fixed!

Mornington

Model: KALED65KU8000SZC (65") Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Is it really 4K?

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

I don't mind the tv, it seems good value for money but I recently got the foxtel IQ4 box and whenever I go to the 4K channel it says my tv does not support 4K. Does it really have the resolution to run 4K programmes or was this just a marketing ploy?

Purchased at: Kogan Internet

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Bill, Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We are sorry to see that you are experiencing issues with connecting your Foxtel IQ4 box to your TV. We can confirm that... read more »

Has anyone got the 4K channel working with IQ4 ?

Model: KALED49KU8000SZC (49") Date Purchased: Feb 2018

satisfied

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

This TV is great! In terms of price, the quality is amazing and there is nothing wrong with it! It's a great feature, it's not very difficult, it's very powerful and it's very satisfying in terms of performance, it's very comfortable to use, it's very good, it's very cost-effective, it's very clear in terms of picture quality. Complete functions. Used for a while, the tone is very nice, the day and night are comfortable and almost effective, and the remote response is more sensitive. Generally speaking, I am satisfied and will continue to pay attention.

Verified Purchase Model: KALED65KU8000SZB (65") Date Purchased: Nov 2017

This is rubbish dont buy one

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

This TV has poor quality sound and picture. You need to be rocket scientist to work out how to use the remote when trying to watch Netflix. Kogan are sending me another one because they say it sounds like it is faulty but I am not so sure but we will see. I think in the 21 century it should not be so hard to work a TV remote. They also suggested I might like to buy a wireless keyboard to operate the TV ( really????) I have bought several products from them before and have been satisfied but will never purchase another TV from them. Their help centre should be renamed the unhelpful centre all correspondence has to be through emails which is not good when all you want to do is which a TV that is not working properly.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brisbane

• 9 comments
  • 6 answers
  • 35 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Purchase Model: KALED65KU8000SZC (65")

TV good - but poor remote, poor manual, no FAV button and poor customer service

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2018

Very disappointed with Kogan’s very poor customer service. Just bought a new TV and VERY disappointed in some poor features, and lack of.
So I sent an email giving details. The reply I got back – honestly sounded like a computer generated response as my queries were not addressed.
1. I stated I was having problem with the remote, and clearly stated we had replaced the batteries, and still no better.
Their response? – change the batteries
2. I explained that the instructions show how to ‘save a favourite’ channel, for use with the FAV button. BUT there is no FAV button!
Their response? – got paragraphs on how to use the PVR recording function
3. So went back to them stating how disappointed I was with their reply.
Their response? – showed me how to save a ‘favourite channel’ – then told to press the FAV button
Over all, TV might be good, but to operate it is far from easy.
1. To use the remote, you have to press VERY firmly on the buttons, and numerous times. A child cannot use the remote.
2. Not having the FAV button is a real pain. The instruction book is VERY poor. Only 20 pages, shows very little. My previous TV had a manual of 149 pages, with very detailed diagrams and instructions. Learning how to use the TV is by trial and error.
3. You cannot leave reviews for products on Kogan goods that are purchased. When I queried this with Kogan, I was told they get their reviews come from a 3rd party.
Could only recommend this TV if it had better remote, a FAV button, and a more detailed manual.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. While we're glad that you are happy with the quality of the TV, we are sorry that you are disappointed by some of the feature... read more »

I have received a new remote - makes NO difference. TV might be OK - but remote is rubbish! Do not enjoy using this TV at all. In fact - now hate using it.

ALSO - although clearly advertised with Netflix - is NOT set up for Netflix. Have to get a separate download from Kogan. Biggest mistake in buying this TV! - DO NOT buy!

Sydney nsw

• 6 answers

Model: KALED65KU8000SZB (65") Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Dumb tv

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

The remote is a nightmare to use with very slow reaction time. SBS on demand is not installed and difficult to download. This tv is about as smart as a typewriter. Do not buy this!

Why is it so hard to set up. Much better to buy a fetch tv box and plug into an existing tv. Much the smarter move

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Ian,
Thank you for letting us know about your experience.
We are sorry to see that you are experiencing issues operating your TV, please contact our Help Desk for technical assistance here: https://www.kogan.com/au/help/

Already have. They were no help at all. SBS on demand informed me that they do not support the Kogan product

Doncaster

• 4 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Model: KALED65UHDZB (65") Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Good value TV

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2018

For under $1K I am reasonably happy with the TV which I purchased in July 2017. I was initially disappointed with the picture quality as it was not sharp at all for a TV that claims to be 4K. After living with it for a month I happened to wander into Settings, About and decided to do a system update over the net. It took sometime to download and re-boot but on completion the result was like magic, the picture became sharper and clearer!
About 2/3 months later I had a problem with the remote control unit which would not respond to any button. I wrote to Kogan and a replacement came in about a week. The new one has been working OK since.
I was given a soundbar which has improved the bass output.
I thought I would contribute my 2 cents worth.

1 of 22 pages

KALED49SUHDZA (49")

KOGAN. Do you actually know what you're talking g about??? I mean seriously look at some of the pathetic excuses and answers you have given when people who have spent a lot of money on your stupid crap products and look at the answers of giving them it's absolutely disgraceful and I will never buy another Kogan product ever again and I will be telling everybody how rubbish Kogan are I want a TV that bloody works I can't get past the loading screen and there's no help whatsoever from your pathetic help centre you guys are the ones that need help you don't know what you're talking about you're a bunch of idiots do you have a firmware update for this model or not don't send me that dumb automated message you have to everyone else yes or no

Suz asked on Jan 07, 2019

KALED49SUHDZA (49")

What cables do I need to connect my tv to my surround sound system? System only has rca inputs and 1 to slink input. I have a short cable with a 3.5 jack on one end and two female rca jplugs on the other.1 black and 1 yellow,i don't know if this is the correct cable.cheers

wayne asked on Jan 06, 2019

KALED43UHDZB (43")

Why the hell can I not get Netflix on this tv???

Julie M asked on Jan 05, 2019

Answer this

I havent used netflix as it says need external storage and i havent got any at this stage

See all 300 questions about Kogan Agora Smart 4K LED Series

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

KALED55UHDZF (55") * KALED43UHDZB (43") * KALED49SUHDZA (49") * KALED65UHDZB (65") * KALED55KU8000SZB (55") ** KALED55UHDZE (55") ** KALED49KU8000SZA (49") * KALED55UHDZA (55") * KALED55KU8000SZA (55") ** KALED55KU8000SZC (55") * KALED65KU8000SZA (65") ** KALED42UHDZA (42") ** KALED49KU8000SZC (49") * KALED55KU8000SZE (55") * KALED55UHDZD (55") ** KALED43UHDZA (43") * KALED55UHDZB (55") * KALED43KU8000SZA (43") * KALED49KU8000SZB (49") ** KALED55KU8000SZD (55") * KALED42UHDYA (42") * KALED55KU8000SZF (55") * KALED55KU8000SZJ (55") * KALED65KU8000SZB (65") ** KALED55KU8000SZH (55") * KALED55UHDYA (55") * KALED49MU9000SZA (49") * KALED65KU8000SZC (65") * KALED65UHDZA (65") ** KALED55KU8000SZG (55") * KALED55UHDZC (55") **
Price (RRP) $749 $549 $609 $1199 $999 $429 $499 $499 $899 $499 $1099 $579 $469 $629 $499 $489 $599 $899 $899 $1499
Size 55inches 43inches 49inches 65inches 55inches 49inches 55inches 55inches 55inches 65inches 42inches 55inches 55inches 43inches 55inches 43inches 49inches 55inches 42inches 55inches 65inches 65inches 65inches 55inches 55inches
3D Capable No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No
Energy Star Rating 3.5stars 3stars 3.5stars 4.5stars 3.5stars 5stars 5.5stars 3.5stars 4stars 5.5stars 3stars 4.5stars 6stars 5.5stars 4stars 3.5stars 599stars 6stars 6stars 3stars 4.5stars
Curved No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No
Smart TV Android TV Yes Yes Android TV Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Android TV Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Screen Type LED LED LED LED LED LED LED LED LED LED LED LED LED LED LED LED LED LED LED LED LED LED LED LED LED LED LED LED LED LED LED
Replaced By KALED55KU8000SZC (55") KALED55UHDZF (55") KALED55KU8000SZB (55") KALED65KU8000SZB (65") KALED42UHDYA (42") KALED55UHDZE (55") KALED49KU8000SZC (49") KALED65KU8000SZC (65") KALED65UHDZB (65") KALED55UHDZD (55")

* Discontinued
** Replaced by another product
The main difference between these models is generation, screen size, operating system