Model: KATHMXBENXA Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Can't get the lid on

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2017

I can't get the lid on. My wife and I are at our wits ends and about to throw it out. We have started cooking with it and a few times the heated liquid comes out under pressure. The lid won't seat properly and is a safety issue. The seal had an "X" on it but can't find a single word on the seal in the instructions other than it needs cleaning. Heeeelp.

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Browny, I'm sorry to hear you are having some issues with your ThermoBlend. On initial use, the lid can be difficult to lock into place. This is due to the rubber vacuum lock which prevents l... read more »

Which way does the rubber seal sit? So I can see the "X"?
Order number T9FYZ347
Thanks for replying.

Kogan Official

Thanks for that order number.

We will send you an email with some pictures and a video showing how the lid should be positioned. If you're having any difficulty, please send us a photo in your reply email and we'll assist further.

Model: KATHMXBENXA Date Purchased: May 2015

Great! Works for me!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2017

I also bought this as a trial before investing in a thermo mix. As far as I can tell it is exactly the same sate Belini, however I was able to buy a extended 5 year warranty from Kogan so feel very secure in y purchase.
2 years on and it works perfectly. I use the thermionix recipes and adjust accordingly.
I use at least once a week and happy with my purchase!

• 2 answers

Model: KATHMXBENXA Date Purchased: May 2015

Losing patience with it

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2017

Mostly this machine does all I expect of it, however lately, when I try to make bread crumbs from my home baked Gluten Free loaf, it is stopping after 1-2 seconds. Has functioned properly prior to this latest problem, but now I am ready to toss it!!!!
I have had a similar problem when dicing soup vegetables to the point I am now doing this with my el cheapo kitchen gadget.
In adding, to my review I do not use machine very often, have averaged once a month in last 2 years.

• 4 answers

Model: KATHMXBENXA Date Purchased: May 2017

Not bad

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2017

I bought this Thermoblend as a trial run before I made a decision on paying the big dollars for a Thermomix. I was a bit worried due to the bad reviews about seals etc and lids coming off expensive models of other brands similar. However for the price it works well and now I won't be investing in a more expensive brand as this does the same job.

• 1 question
  • 7 answers
  • 9 helpful votes

Model: KATHMXBENXA Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Would love it more if I could get the damned lid on!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2017

Overall it does what it should and does it well. My issue has been the lid, I even sent it back to be looked at.
The lid is a hassle to get on, takes 10 to 20 attempts. I have tried rubbing oil on it but at the end of the day, you shouldn't have to do this.
When it eventually goes on, it's crooked and has a gap under one side. I sent a few photos when I emailed Kogan and they didn't see this as an issue so I will presevere and just put up with it.

Branxton

Model: KATHMXBENXA Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Wish I'd had this years ago!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 11, 2017

Being completey new to thermal cooking all-in-one type appliances, I tried a friend's more expensive brand, but couldn't justify the price, so decided on is one. I am so impressed with the capabilities of this machine. I have only had it for 10 days, but I have milled sugar to make icing sugar, blitzed ice for a sorbet, made stock pastes, risotto, cassserole and stew-type dishes, zucchini slice, banana bread, and mashed potatoes. It handles all of these with ease. I thought swapping blades would be a hassle, but it is quite simple, and with all parts being dishwasher safe, cleanup is not an issue. I also purchased an additional jug, which is very useful. I have yet to use the steamer feature, but am looking forward to trying it out. All in all, a fantastic appliance at a very affordable price.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Adelaide, SA

• 12 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 7 answers
  • 28 helpful votes

Model: KATHMXBENXA Date Purchased: Feb 2016

Everyone can live without this in their life

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2016

If you are a confident cook I wouldn't bother, you'll just be annoyed with the end result and having to clean the thing is far more painful than watching an episode of Huey's cooking adventures. If you're a newbie to cooking seriously do not buy this, you'll be put off home cooking for life! I can only recommend this gadget to a nursing home or for someone who's recently broken their jaw as it pretty much turns food into slop. A family member lent it to me to test it out for a couple of weeks and I tried many recipes. It did however whip cream quite well and very quickly but it took ages to clean so whats the point....

Purchased at: Kogan.com

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi, Thank you for your review and we're sorry you haven't had a positive experience with the product. It sounds as though you've mostly used the higher speeds, we have put together a collection w... read more »

I used this exactly as the recipe book provided stated. I have used the other more expensive brand and that was pretty good. I still wouldn't buy either, I can cook.
Don't get too down on peoples feedback, it's not as if you invented the thing.

Kogan Official

HI, Thank you for your reply and that is fair enough. We would still appreciate the chance to get some more specific details on your experiences, which recipes you've used, etc. as we have had la... read more »

Verified Purchase Model: KATHMXBENXA Date Purchased: Jul 2015

Terrible. The jug has broken twice in a year.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2016

Do yourself a favour and do not buy this thermoblend from Kogan. Since I've owned it (just over a year) the lever at the bottom of the jug that locks the blade in place has broken twice. It has worked fine (overheats quickly) but not worth the hassle when it breaks. Kogans customer service is appalling - unhappy customer!

• 2 answers

Model: KATHMXBENXA

Very good for the price!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2016

I opted for the cheaper version of this product as I'm in my late 50's with no kids at home -got it for mainly soups,stews etc -so far have made some lovely soups/vegetable stews /risotto and rice pudding -very fuss free and convienient -'a one stop appliance' Would recommend for working mums - very time saving

Handy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2015

I found the Thermoblend from Kogan to be very useful, I've used it a few times already. The bowl could have been bigger but it is really easy to use. Glad I didn't buy a $2000 Thermomix, this is just as good in my humble opinion. Would recommend to any lazy chef out there!

• 1 answer
  • 24 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: KATHMXBENXA

Great Customer Service From Kogan

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2015

Basically all these "thermo" machines are metal food processors containing a heating element & very high speed blade. Attachments include a drop-in basket to hold solid items & 2-layer steaming system. All can be used together to cook a whole meal. On the downside, a metal bowl can't be seen through & you have to reprogram the Thermoblend every time you remove the lid to scrape down the sides. I like to see the food I'm preparing, so I still use my stick blender most days, as well as my hand electric mixer and the microwave. The Thermoblend's lock/start mechanism is in the style of plastic food processors, the lid slides round to click onto the bowl-handle starter. So the lid relies on the handle to start up the machine. Problem: plastic handle held on to metal bowl by one little unseen screw which can work itself loose under the stress of high vibration such as zooming up speed to smooth out soups. After 3 or 4 months of everyday use the screw in mine dropped out completely, the handle came away from the bowl entirely, the machine rendered totally unusable. (note- The $2k Thermomix brand actually changed to a more reliable clip-on system to lock lid to bowl.) To their credit, Kogan replaced the entire bowl & handle immediately at no charge and now my machine is working again. Excellent customer service! Look, it has its uses & for only $279 plus freight, I got a pretty good kitchen machine that I use regularly. It sits on the bench. Blender & plastic food processor(s) hide in the cupboard. Yes, I would definitely recommend it given the price. With myriad "thermo"-style recipes online & fb as well as their basic cookbook, you shouldn't go wrong really!

• 2 helpful votes

Fabulous

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2015

My machine arrived today, manual included. However, I had already downloaded it, and read through it. Have cooked the risotto from the downloadable cook book, steamed chicken and made rhubarb and custard.... There are plenty of recipes on the net to use and it is all so easy. Sadly doesn't do the washing up though.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brisbane

Fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2015

Our family have been using this unit for well over 6 months now, It gets used just about every day and as a blender, food mixer , nut and veggy chopper, soup maker, steamer etc it works just great. A reliable little workhorse that has replaced the blender and food mixer we use to have. Fully recommended to all.

southaustralia

• 1 question
  • 1 answer
  • 14 helpful votes

Model: KATMX25AIOAA

when it worked, it was good!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2015

i wanted to try the Kogan ThermoBlend as i didnt have the spare 2000 for the thermomix, when it worked it was fantastic! i used it every other day for simple things and with this device i had no need for my blender or food processor! but within a short few months we went through 4 of these machines. thats right 4! the motor on this device is not strong and we have had to send it back 4 times to kogan for a replacement one! the motor died each and every time and it wasnt even over loaded! at first i thought i may have just gotten a dud but after going through 4 of these in a matter of a few months i decided to explore what other brands are out there! when it worked it was fantastic but after the 4th time i had had enough!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Better than expected

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2015

I had attended a presentation for the "other" all in one food preparation machine and was blown away, but I just wasn't in a position to purchase. Wanting to serve my family fresh foods in a quick and easy manner forced me in to looking for an alternative, and the best value for money product I found was the ThermoBlend.

Apart from a few differences, lower cooking temp, blades need to be changed, and a more manual process, I can't fault the product. Recipes can be adapted from TM ones. I am very happy with my purchase and will continue to purchase from Kogan in the future.

• 5 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Model: KATHMXBENXA

Why all the negative reviews??

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 03, 2015

I have read many negative reviews about this unit, but mine is excellent. I use it every single day for my family, and it has encouraged my kids to eat a wider range of fresh food. I can't compare it to a thermomix, I have never had one. For the price, it is an amazing, reliable little unit. If anyone is looking for more recipes. the Bellini book is available online, and a fabulous, extended resource. Lack of recipes was my only concern.

Purchased at: Gumtree

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

cobaw

• 8 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Model: KATMX25AIOAA

great versatile product especially for the price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2015

I got my TB while kogan were offering free shipping and I haven't looked back. I was daunted when I unwrapped it and found the 'instruction manual' totally useless but I had read some of these reviews beforehand so I knew if I googled for help I would find it. Don't know whether they've changed the design but mine does cook and steam at the same time which is a complaint a lot of people here have had about it. I've made mashed potato in the SS jug and steamed fish and greens in the steamer at the same time. It also has a mixing blade without sharp bits and a plastic mixing thing so I guess that means you don't need the reverse function that Thermomix has. I used the plastic thing for risotto and it worked well. I've been having great success with my TB so far using thermomix recipes and making up stuff through trial and error. I love that I can cook and blend in the one machine without dirtying two appliances. It looks like a spaceship on my bench top and luckily I have big kitchen as it is quite large. I have no complaints about this product so far.

Overload light when mixing/cooking

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2015

I am sitting here right now reading reviews and going through pdf files on line to find out about the overload light on the control unit. I am using the unit for the second time after purchasing. First recipe was a steamed one and turned out great. This one is a heat/mix beef stroganoff, after 17 mins into 40 mins cooking time the overload light came on and hasn't gone off after turning machine off for a while. Emptied dish and tried using empty with no result, I am guessing that it prob takes some time to reset and cool the mixing motor. Not much help or info on this but am reading in other reviews that people always use a setting or 2 higher then what is in the recipes.

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Brad, Thanks for posting a review. Can you please try disconnecting the unit from power for a few minutes to see whether this resets it? Please also ensure you take careful note of the ma... read more »

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2015

I bought the thermoblend and am very happy with it. Made a lot of things already and just use ideas from thermomix community posts. It works well. It can not weigh like thermomix but that does not worry me

Cookbook

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2015

Also extremely disappointed to get the machine and no cookbook, what can we use to get recipes to make in it

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Lee, Thanks for taking the time to post a brief review! We do have a cookbook for the Thermoblend online and this can be found at the following link: https://www.kogan.com/media/files/use... read more »

1 of 4 pages

KATHMXBENXA

Is it ok to get the underneath of the main bowl wet when cleaning it (like submerge it into the sink)? I can't see that the base (with the prongs) comes apart from the bowl. Thanks in advance

Macca asked on Sep 28, 2017

Answer this

I have never done it but have seen it done with a Thermomix and put thru the dishwasher. I wouldn't do it as I break everything I touch.

Hi Macca,

We do not recommend submerging the main bowl as the contact points at the bottom should remain dry. However the blades can be removed easily for cleaning.

You can read the cleaning and maintenance tips in the manual here: https://assets.kogan.com/files/usermanuals/KATHMXBENXA-A.pdf

If you need any assistance, please don't hesitate to get in contact with us here: https://www.kogan.com/au/contact-us/

KATMX25AIOAA

Hi , KAT MX25 AIOA I have broken the main drive cog/ pulley which attaches to the drive belt from the motor, it is the large cog that rotates the cutter, are these available ? thank you.

JOHN asked on Sep 19, 2017

Hi John,

We sometimes stock spare parts which are available for purchase. We'd recommend getting in touch with our support team who can check for the specific part you're after.

Please give us a call or submit an email enquiry here: https://www.kogan.com/au/contact-us/

KATMX25AIOAA

Hi, I've just received the new kogan thermoblend as a replacement for my previous version which died, unfortunately when I plug it in, all it does is make a shrill noise, can you please advise asap?

Jacqueline asked on Sep 09, 2017

Hi Jacqueline,

Unfortunately it sounds like there may be an issue with the unit, but we'll be happy to assist under warranty.

Please get in touch with our support team and we'll have this resolved for you promptly. You can give us a call on 1300 304 292 or submit an enquiry any time on our help centre here: https://www.kogan.com/au/contact-us/

See all 79 questions about Kogan ThermoBlend Pro All-in-One

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

KATHMXBENXA KATMX25AIOAA **
Price (RRP) $380 $299
Capacity 2L 2L
Motor Power 1400 1400
Replaced By KATHMXBENXA

** Replaced by another product
The main difference between these models is generation