Sydney, Australia

• 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Make sure you ask if you are getting natural or synthetic latex!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2016

I wanted a 100% natural latex mattress for my son with dust mite allergies and other sensitivities. After some research, I found out that there are many types of latex, including natural latex and chemically-produced latex.
The bed base that comes with the mattress I was going to purchase from the Latex Bedding Company wasn't slatted, and this raised alarm bells, as a true 'natural' latex mattress requires a slatted base to breathe...

I contacted the supplier (Revor) in Belgium to confirm the type of latex that is used at the Latex Bedding Company, and they directed me to the Malaysian supplier. They then told me that the mattress I was about to purchase from Crows Nest, "the Euro" was actually synthetic latex.
I asked [name removed] why he didn't mention this from the start, and his reply was that "it confuses people".

After being quoted around double the price for their 'actual' 100% natural latex mattress, the "Perfect", I found the Natural Bedding company in Stanmore, which sells 100% natural latex mattresses made from the tree sap, and they have proof of their relationship with their rubber tree plantation suppliers in Sri Lanka. Their prices ended up being substantially cheaper, when comparing like with like.

Unfortunately, my wife and I purchased the "Madrid" mattress 4 years ago from the Latex Bedding Company, but I hadn't done the research that I did this time, and was not advised that the latex in our mattress was not actually 100% natural. Back then, I didn't know that a way to easily determine if your mattress is not 100% natural latex, is if it does not require a slatted base. This is true even if the mattress has ventilation holes (which they all do anyway).

I am not rating this business as 'bad' as [name removed] is a very friendly guy. However, I am disappointed that he left crucial information out when telling me about the mattress, and I would say that it's misleading not to advise potential customers that they may not be getting 100% natural latex.

In summary: Ensure that you are fully informed and that you ask the right questions!

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
The Latex Bedding Company Official

Hi Michael, I am sorry to hear you are disappointed, I keep both 100% natural and a blend and have always explained the difference, the Euro is part natural part synthetic, also, I only keep slatte... read more »

The Latex Bedding Company Official

PS. the Euro and Madrid will now be available as 100% natural or a blend retaining all its natural properties, both have their advantages. Also we have the largest, oldest and most technically supe... read more »

Below is the email I received verbatim, on the 30th April 2016, in response to my question about the composition of the Euro mattress. However, upon further investigation, Revor Asia Pacific (yes, ... read more »

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Great product - not particularly happy about the service

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2015

I recently purchased a queen mattress package from the Latex Bedding Co. While I am very happy with the product - the mattress is very comfortable - I'm not particularly happy about the service we received. After being shown a mattress base in the Crows Nest store with neutral grey skirting (valance-style), the mattress base that was delivered was different (resembling the mattress itself, without a valance cover). At first I thought that the valance had been left out but was told that I had been sent a different 'more breathable' base. Cliff offered to change the base, but as we had shipped the base interstate it was too difficult to change. I was disappointed that after being shown one thing in the store, we were sent a different product without being consulted. I will need to purchase a valance to hide the base and had not factored this additional cost into my already substantial purchase. The service up until then had been great, so the final outcome is disappointing.

Comments
The Latex Bedding Company Official

Hi Lea, I really apologise for this, we were updating our base fabrics to more modern materials and trialling a number of different fabrics and colours for customers opinions, the one you received ... read more »

Hi Cliff

Thanks for your response. We have shipped the base interstate, as I indicate above, so will you pick up and deliver to/from ACT?

The Latex Bedding Company Official

If you are not happy with the new fabric, then yes, I will exchange it for you, just give me a call.

Regards
Cliff Walter

Blackheath

Private message

Great bed but not great after sales response

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2013

I purchased a madrid plush and base last year, which I love. But the cover is damaged, I was assured I would receive a replacement quite a few months ago. My emails of enquiry have not been responded to. I am interested in purchasing another but am reluctant to from this company due to this event. I will go elsewhere if I don't get any joy in the next few weeks. Great product but tardy after sales support. There was also a delay in receiving the outstanding bonus sheets which took a bit of chasing around from myself.

+ The mattress and base

- After sales support

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
The Latex Bedding Company Official

Hi Cate, Pleased to hear you love your mattress. Disappointing we have messed up with the replacement cover. Only just seen your review. Thanks for taking the time. I can't find your name in our sy... read more »

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Love the bed, shame it turned up damaged!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2012

My husband & I bought a King Latex Bed in January 2012 from Castle Hill Latex Bedding Co., which promptly closed up the following week. We ended up dealing with Dubbo & Crows Nest branches which went smoothly but 1 of the 2 mattresses turned up dented, scuffed & torn (it wasn't packaged like the other & was obviously a reject/ or 2nds stock) No recompense was requested or offered and 9mths later & several calls & I'm still waiting for them to exchange the Queen sheets for King sheets!

+ Love the extra firm mattress but not 4 everyone's taste.

- Received damaged stock & no after sales services~ after 9mths where's my sheets? my she

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
The Latex Bedding Company Official

Hi Tanya, My sincere apologies, I am not aware of your case but should be! Can you contact me with your details. I will send a set of King bamboo sheets to you immediately and discuss what we can d... read more »

Thanks for your response David. Id be pleased to send you photo's of the damaged base - can you provide a suitable email address. Unforunately, I've recently opened the pack of Queen sheets to use ... read more »

The Latex Bedding Company Official

Thanks for your understanding in accepting the extra sheet set in compensation for the damaged base. Great to hear you are sleeping well. Cheers, David

Latex Topper

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2017

I just wanted to let you know that the latex topper we purchased worked a treat. We purchased the King for our home mattress that was only 2 years old and showed significant body impressions. We turned that mattress over and the latex topper is far more comfortable. We then bought a Double for our caravan. The caravan mattress was hard and uncomfortable. The latex topper straight over the mattress gave us a comfortable bed. We are very pleased with both toppers and would highly recommend to anyone to try one.

Verified Customer

The free trial is worth it !!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2016

Don't think you really know what a mattress is like until you sleep on it. The return policy was a great comfort whilst getting used the change to latex. Am used to it now and wouldn't swap it :)

NSW

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

comfy mattress and super soft bamboo fibre sheet set

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2014

choosing a mattress has always been a daunting task and hate going to the big stores where the mattresses were usually marked up and you have to negotitate with the sales person to knock the price down which has been the way the mattress industry is doing their business.

made the right choice buying the latex mattress from latex bedding company. i don't know how long the mattress will last but for now it've been giving me good sleep and the bamboo fibre sheet set that came free in the package was so soft - way much better than the cotton sheet i've had.

i rarely post a comment online but they are highly recommended to be honest

+ comfy latex mattress and the bamboo fibre sheet set

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

I made the right choice!

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2014

My Revor mattress is fabulous. Beautifully comfortable with just the right amount of support. Its also super hygienic with its washable zip off cover. Its a pleasure to sleep on each night. I really miss it when I am travelling away from home, and always look forward to coming back to it. The Crows Nest staff were extremely knowledgeable and very helpful.

+ Comfortable, great service from the staff

- Had to wait quite a few weeks for delivery.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 7 helpful votes
Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2012

Have never slept better. The girl in the store went to great lengths to find the "Perfect" mattress that would correctly support my spine, but still allow for softer comfort where it was needed. I will buy the flexible/adjustable base very soon (fell in love with the mattress/base combination in store, but budget restricted me from purchasing all at once).

When I have that there won't be enough stars available for my rating!!!

+ Incredible lower back support (I have 2 chipped and 2 cracked vertibrae from a car accident 20 years ago). Having the removable, washable covers means the whole mattress can be refreshed - and being an alergy sufferer I've found sleeping on this mattress has actually reduced my alergies.

- The weight of the mattress. I have a soft mattress with a 5cm latex "topper" on it. I was finding that I needed someone to help me rotate the mattress...luckily you only have to rotate them a few times a year. (BTW this is no longer an issue as the store manager suggested that I spin around the whole ensemble, not just the mattress).

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
The Latex Bedding Company Official

Thanks for your positive feed back. If you do want to add the extra adjustability of the Wimaflex base system, please contact us and we will offer you a very special price. Unfortunately this would... read more »

Frenchs Forest NSW

Love our Latex mattress!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

Our 30 year old waterbed sprang a leak we couldn't fix so decided to buy a new bed.After lots of looking decided to only look for a latex mattress. Found several places in Sydney but were most impressed by the Latex Bedding Company, both because of the reviews online and our treatment in the store. We love the zones in the mattress and the comfort that they provide. No longer do we know when our partner gets out of bed, which happened regularly with our water bed! Also, despite my concerns about not having a heated bed to get into in winter, the latex mattress did not feel cold, so we did not need to buy an electric blanket.

We love our new bed and base

Great mattress, great service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2017

Cliff was incredibly helpful and genuine. A breath of fresh air after dealing with the bigger conventional mattress stores. It's our first latex purchase and have been sleeping beautifully on it. So good to know that it's all natural.
We bought the Euro in king size which amazingly comes split into two, with the topper being seperate too and one organic cover to hold it all together. You'd never know it's two pieces once assembled - such a good feature to help not feel each others movements and also be able to adjust the firmness by one partner having the topper and the other turning theirs around! Very clever.

Veresdale

Buying a Bed Online used to be hard

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2017

Firstly, THANKYOU to all the previous contributors whose comments and notes about this company were fantastically useful. Before I got to this site I began my bed search thinking "This will be simple"
Not so much... lol

There was a massive array of types of beds, at all price points and some brand names clearly weren't to be trusted. As I knew I would have to purchase online, as I live a couple hours from the city, I ended up in desperation simply searching/selecting (from this product review site) "Highest rated" manufacturer - or something similar - hoping to find a manufacturer that at least provided a quality product and then planned to hope they wouldn't charge the earth. Up popped the Latex Bedding company. Bingo!

Then I began my research in earnest. Compared Suppliers. Compared Inner Spring vs Latex. All the different types of Latex. All the combinations of spring and latex. All the different types of pillow top, removable top, latex top only, discovered that a number of well known manufacturers will sell you latex with odours - which I learnt indicates its not natural latex and you will get hot (possibly stinky) and that would be problematic as I live in Queensland. I looked into the price points, the warranty, and the customer service I could expect. Good Grief... It was exhausting.

This site was an absolute gold mine. And again I say Thankyou.
And I hope now my comments also help someone in their bed search.

So we are not small people. I'm about 5'9 1/2 and my husband in 6'4. We weigh 90 - 110 kilos.
We had an innerspring mattress, that cost $2800 in 2005 that we sat in traditional french bed frame. The $5500 bed frame fell apart and the mattress was one of those ones that are not meant to disturb your partner if you roll over. I hate it. I hate it with the passion of a 1000 suns.

It felt fine in the store. For the 10 min we laid on it. Once we got it home, it would demonically twist you up like a pretzel. Some mornings I could just feel it cackling at me. I hated it.
We also sit up in bed to read, watch a late night movie from time to time. Which probably contributed to why the mattress was uncomfortable. The springs started to go in the ends from the sitting up in bed as we weren't religious bed turner/flippers.

This site helped me answer heaps of other questions early, and once I felt sure enough I rang Cliff who was wonderful and patient with all my questions even down to measuring bed heights (to make sure it would go with my headboard and not be too low or high lol)

We (obviously) ended up purchasing a a King bed from Cliff. We selected the Euro, in the dream package and it is an ABSOLUTE DREAM. Latex Bedding Company sells NATURAL latex, so wholly suitable for Queensland tropical seasons.

The dream package (King) was 2395.00 (its a current package deal they have on) because I also wanted a new King base. And was impressed on researching that Latex Bedding Co's bases are superior in their strength. They make the "slats' (?) inside closer together. Is stronger for the weight of the mattress and I have 3 kids that like to pile on top of us on a Sunday morning, so will easily take that weight. They have a video of the bases on their site where it shows you how they are constructed. And as I was sick of traditional bed frames and wanted to try an ensemble, I got that as well.

The package deal also came with free latex pillows (wonderful!) and free king sheet set which honestly are gorgeous to sleep on.

I got the Euro (and not the Madrid) because I wanted firm (due to our height/weight 90-110kg) as soft would be terrible. Medium would be iffy, but was honestly concerned Firm would be too much. The bed search had officially turned me into a paranoid Goldilocks as I couldn't test them as I was buying online and what if Firm to others felt like sleeping on the floor to me?. On talking with Cliff we agreed the Euro was the the best suited. And figured if too firm, I could order a topper later which would soften it down closer to medium. Cliff even offered to charge me cost for that (!) to ensure I was not disappointed in my choice of bed. That's impressive old fashioned customer service in a day and age when you feel like all a company wants is the sale, your money and for you to then leave.

Transport to QLD from Crows Nest in Sydney was about 399.00. And I got my bed in a WEEK!! A week! The closest Makin' Mattresses to me in Brisbane needed at least that long and they are 2 hours away. And their bed was only innerspring was $200 less (and NOT LATEX let alone natural latex which is heaps better quality - they only had innerspring) and they wanted $200 transport for 2 hours away! Also a Latex bedding company in Brisbane quoted me $7000!!!! and a 8 week wait. So the Dream Package was brilliant value to begin with, the quality of the bed is honestly superior, and the customer service I received was icing on a cupcake that needed none.

The transport company was so very very helpful. Carried my brand new KING sized bed up 17 stairs in the rain without complaint, waited to make sure I was completely satisfied, asked again before leaving if I was happy with it, and then left taking any rubbish with them. The whole process has been super easy.

I love my new bed.
I love how this site led me to Latex Bedding Co - Thankyou Product Review contributors
And I love the quality of product and customer service I received from Cliff to ensure I got the best one for us personally.

Buying a bed is no small thing. Online ? Even harder.
Latex Bedding worked hard and ensured I couldn't go wrong with my purchase.
And I definitely didn't. I won on quality, value, service AND price.

THANKYOU!!!!!!!

Comments

Update 05/12/2017. Well I have had my bed for about just shy of 3 months. Its still as awesome as it was when I first got it. I swear to you, being completely honest, there have been a number of ti... read more »

Brisbane

Verified Customer

We love the Euro mattress!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

I really wanted to get a latex mattress, however I could only find one store selling latex mattresses here in Brisbane and it was really pricey, so I decided to take a chance and order one online from Latex Bedding Co after reading their reviews, and I can say that my partner and I are both very happy with the mattress. It is firm enough to provide good back support and not sink under your weight, yet still soft enough to make it really comfortable, and we've been sleeping like a baby :)

Regarding the sales process, it all went smoothly in the end, and I really appreciate them delivering all the way to Queensland, however one thing that could be improved upon is to just provide a rough time frame of when one could expect delivery, which is what most online retailers do. Even if it takes 1-2 weeks or longer, that's fine, I would just like to know more or less when I can expect it so that I can plan accordingly.

sydney

Great product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2017

After researching on line we went in and met Cliff and lay on the beds. We bought the Madrid mattress.
it is fabulous. it is cool and not overheating and just the right pressure for both myself and my husband. We had a
Sealy posturepedic inner spring mattress for 10 years which was $2000 back then and this mattress cost us $2300.
The delivery company were funny like "Basil Fawlty" from Fawlty Towers.when I rang him he said" I dont deliver on Saturdays so when I suggested a particular Friday or a Monday in which I would for once be home, he said "Ill deliver it on Saturday". The mattress is very heavy and difficult to maneuver as it flops and it has no handles on the sides sewn in so this is my one and only criticism.
Cliff is great and not pushy. He sums up his customers and seems a good judge of people.
Highly recommend.
John & Sushi Manly NSW

Comments
The Latex Bedding Company Official

Thanks Sushi, sorry about "Basil" might have a word with him.

I kinda like Basil he adds to the whole experience. I never did get his name he just answers his phone with a gruff "what" and when he SMS s he never signs his name.
He will forever be Basil

Sydney

King Size Euro Latex Mattress

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2017

After being in the market a while for a new bed, my partner and I went to have a look at Latex Bedding Company in Crows Nest. We met Cliff who was really helpful. My partner suffers with a bad back so we wanted to make sure we choose the right bed. We tried a variety and went back a few times before making a final decision. We purchase a King Size Euro Latex mattress and base with pillows and sheet set. Cliff organised a quick delivery as we were moving into a new place. After our first nights sleep we knew we had made the right decision. We have had the bed for 6 months now and I can absolutely say it is the best bed we have ever owned plus my partner has not complained once about his back.

Thanks to Cliff and the Latex Bedding Company for a great service, great product and a good price.

• 7 answers
  • 14 helpful votes
Private message

Great comfort for someone with osteo

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 30, 2017

I had great trouble sleeping because of osteo in my back, to the point where the pain kept me awake at night and I was constantly changing positions to alleviate it. I bought the double bed latex mattress topper and, since putting it on the bed, I've been sleeping soundly. I'm delighted with it. Yes, you can use an electric blanket on top of it - unlike memory foam toppers. I ordered mine online from Crow's Nest and it arrived in Gippsland by courier truck which, by the way, was chock-a-block with parcels. My topper had been vacuum sealed to save space I guess. It's 5 cms thick, covered with a cotton casing/cover and is delightly soft and pliable. wish I'd bought it a year ago. From memory, the cost of postage was $30 and it took, perhaps five days.

I was very happy with the Latex Bedding Company, the product and the service provided. Invoice was sent by email promptly.

Comments
The Latex Bedding Company Official

Thanks Bonnie, regards Cliff

Fabulous comfy bed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

When I purchased the bed Cliff offered a 30 day trial. I was so happy with the bed I would have been devasted to return it. I bought from the store and as very pleased with the service.

Verified Customer

This is what heaven feels like

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2017

I wanted a low allergy mattress and selected the Euro Queen Size in November 2016. I ordered on-line after perusing the website and speaking with Cliff, and the mattress was boxed for our freight to Darwin. Service was excellent with efficient communication.
It is now 5 months later and at the end of a Darwin Wet Season without air-conditioning (my preference). The mattress is incredibly comfortable and cool to sleep on in hot weather due to its "just right" firmness. On the few cool nights, it has been just as comfortable.
A very high quality product and a great business to deal with.

Such a comfy mattress!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 07, 2017

We've only just received our new bed and we are so happy with it! We've had two beautiful nights sleep so far. No back or neck pain waking up! Cliff was easy to deal with and delivery was quick. We highly recommend The Latex Bedding Company. Their prices are very competitive for the quality you get!

Lismore

• 10 helpful votes
Private message

A good nights sleep should not be only for the healthy and wealthy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 31, 2017

This product is excellent for anyone who needs additional support and/ or comfort in bed due to injury, surgical recovery, health conditions that cause pain, or are just needing long periods of convalescence in bed.
After experiencing the disappointment of expensive mattresses, I researched mattress toppers. Finally I ordered a 'latex' mattress topper from the Latex Bedding Co. .
I found that the mattress toppers from this company are not as expensive, very reasonably priced, 100% latex, very good quality, and come with a very long guarantee! In addition to this, dispatch and delivery was very efficient and fast - exactly the quality and customer service that make a business excel.
Having this mattress topper on my bed, has helped reduce pain while lying down, relieving pressure and has enabled me to reduce pain medication, in consultation with my doctor.
I have since also bought another latex topper for my elderly parents, and they have also had a very positive result with improved sleep. The quality of the product is as good as my first purchase, as was dispatch and delivery. While the mattress topper is not a 'cure all', and may not take all the pain away, it is essential for anyone wanting a better nights sleep - I wouldn't be without.
Just a note for those living on their own - If you order a larger topper, such as a double, queen or king size, you may need some assistance putting it on to your bed if you have an injury, as the latex is heavier than 'foam' - but much better.
A good nights sleep should not be only for the healthy and wealthy - so thank you Latex Bedding Co, for a good quality product, at a price that is within reach.

1 of 5 pages