Sydney, Australia

• 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Make sure you ask if you are getting natural or synthetic latex!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2016

I wanted a 100% natural latex mattress for my son with dust mite allergies and other sensitivities. After some research, I found out that there are many types of latex, including natural latex and chemically-produced latex.
The bed base that comes with the mattress I was going to purchase from the Latex Bedding Company wasn't slatted, and this raised alarm bells, as a true 'natural' latex mattress requires a slatted base to breathe...

I contacted the supplier (Revor) in Belgium to confirm the type of latex that is used at the Latex Bedding Company, and they directed me to the Malaysian supplier. They then told me that the mattress I was about to purchase from Crows Nest, "the Euro" was actually synthetic latex.
I asked [name removed] why he didn't mention this from the start, and his reply was that "it confuses people".

After being quoted around double the price for their 'actual' 100% natural latex mattress, the "Perfect", I found the Natural Bedding company in Stanmore, which sells 100% natural latex mattresses made from the tree sap, and they have proof of their relationship with their rubber tree plantation suppliers in Sri Lanka. Their prices ended up being substantially cheaper, when comparing like with like.

Unfortunately, my wife and I purchased the "Madrid" mattress 4 years ago from the Latex Bedding Company, but I hadn't done the research that I did this time, and was not advised that the latex in our mattress was not actually 100% natural. Back then, I didn't know that a way to easily determine if your mattress is not 100% natural latex, is if it does not require a slatted base. This is true even if the mattress has ventilation holes (which they all do anyway).

I am not rating this business as 'bad' as [name removed] is a very friendly guy. However, I am disappointed that he left crucial information out when telling me about the mattress, and I would say that it's misleading not to advise potential customers that they may not be getting 100% natural latex.

In summary: Ensure that you are fully informed and that you ask the right questions!

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
The Latex Bedding Company Official

Hi Michael, I am sorry to hear you are disappointed, I keep both 100% natural and a blend and have always explained the difference, the Euro is part natural part synthetic, also, I only keep slatte... read more »

The Latex Bedding Company Official

PS. the Euro and Madrid will now be available as 100% natural or a blend retaining all its natural properties, both have their advantages. Also we have the largest, oldest and most technically supe... read more »

Below is the email I received verbatim, on the 30th April 2016, in response to my question about the composition of the Euro mattress. However, upon further investigation, Revor Asia Pacific (yes, ... read more »

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Great product - not particularly happy about the service

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2015

I recently purchased a queen mattress package from the Latex Bedding Co. While I am very happy with the product - the mattress is very comfortable - I'm not particularly happy about the service we received. After being shown a mattress base in the Crows Nest store with neutral grey skirting (valance-style), the mattress base that was delivered was different (resembling the mattress itself, without a valance cover). At first I thought that the valance had been left out but was told that I had been sent a different 'more breathable' base. Cliff offered to change the base, but as we had shipped the base interstate it was too difficult to change. I was disappointed that after being shown one thing in the store, we were sent a different product without being consulted. I will need to purchase a valance to hide the base and had not factored this additional cost into my already substantial purchase. The service up until then had been great, so the final outcome is disappointing.

Comments
The Latex Bedding Company Official

Hi Lea, I really apologise for this, we were updating our base fabrics to more modern materials and trialling a number of different fabrics and colours for customers opinions, the one you received ... read more »

Hi Cliff

Thanks for your response. We have shipped the base interstate, as I indicate above, so will you pick up and deliver to/from ACT?

The Latex Bedding Company Official

If you are not happy with the new fabric, then yes, I will exchange it for you, just give me a call.

Regards
Cliff Walter

Blackheath

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Great bed but not great after sales response

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2013

I purchased a madrid plush and base last year, which I love. But the cover is damaged, I was assured I would receive a replacement quite a few months ago. My emails of enquiry have not been responded to. I am interested in purchasing another but am reluctant to from this company due to this event. I will go elsewhere if I don't get any joy in the next few weeks. Great product but tardy after sales support. There was also a delay in receiving the outstanding bonus sheets which took a bit of chasing around from myself.

+ The mattress and base

- After sales support

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
The Latex Bedding Company Official

Hi Cate, Pleased to hear you love your mattress. Disappointing we have messed up with the replacement cover. Only just seen your review. Thanks for taking the time. I can't find your name in our sy... read more »

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Love the bed, shame it turned up damaged!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2012

My husband & I bought a King Latex Bed in January 2012 from Castle Hill Latex Bedding Co., which promptly closed up the following week. We ended up dealing with Dubbo & Crows Nest branches which went smoothly but 1 of the 2 mattresses turned up dented, scuffed & torn (it wasn't packaged like the other & was obviously a reject/ or 2nds stock) No recompense was requested or offered and 9mths later & several calls & I'm still waiting for them to exchange the Queen sheets for King sheets!

+ Love the extra firm mattress but not 4 everyone's taste.

- Received damaged stock & no after sales services~ after 9mths where's my sheets? my she

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
The Latex Bedding Company Official

Hi Tanya, My sincere apologies, I am not aware of your case but should be! Can you contact me with your details. I will send a set of King bamboo sheets to you immediately and discuss what we can d... read more »

Thanks for your response David. Id be pleased to send you photo's of the damaged base - can you provide a suitable email address. Unforunately, I've recently opened the pack of Queen sheets to use ... read more »

The Latex Bedding Company Official

Thanks for your understanding in accepting the extra sheet set in compensation for the damaged base. Great to hear you are sleeping well. Cheers, David

Latex Topper

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2017

I just wanted to let you know that the latex topper we purchased worked a treat. We purchased the King for our home mattress that was only 2 years old and showed significant body impressions. We turned that mattress over and the latex topper is far more comfortable. We then bought a Double for our caravan. The caravan mattress was hard and uncomfortable. The latex topper straight over the mattress gave us a comfortable bed. We are very pleased with both toppers and would highly recommend to anyone to try one.

Verified Customer

The free trial is worth it !!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2016

Don't think you really know what a mattress is like until you sleep on it. The return policy was a great comfort whilst getting used the change to latex. Am used to it now and wouldn't swap it :)

NSW

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

comfy mattress and super soft bamboo fibre sheet set

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2014

choosing a mattress has always been a daunting task and hate going to the big stores where the mattresses were usually marked up and you have to negotitate with the sales person to knock the price down which has been the way the mattress industry is doing their business.

made the right choice buying the latex mattress from latex bedding company. i don't know how long the mattress will last but for now it've been giving me good sleep and the bamboo fibre sheet set that came free in the package was so soft - way much better than the cotton sheet i've had.

i rarely post a comment online but they are highly recommended to be honest

+ comfy latex mattress and the bamboo fibre sheet set

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Private message

I made the right choice!

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2014

My Revor mattress is fabulous. Beautifully comfortable with just the right amount of support. Its also super hygienic with its washable zip off cover. Its a pleasure to sleep on each night. I really miss it when I am travelling away from home, and always look forward to coming back to it. The Crows Nest staff were extremely knowledgeable and very helpful.

+ Comfortable, great service from the staff

- Had to wait quite a few weeks for delivery.

• 7 helpful votes
Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2012

Have never slept better. The girl in the store went to great lengths to find the "Perfect" mattress that would correctly support my spine, but still allow for softer comfort where it was needed. I will buy the flexible/adjustable base very soon (fell in love with the mattress/base combination in store, but budget restricted me from purchasing all at once).

When I have that there won't be enough stars available for my rating!!!

+ Incredible lower back support (I have 2 chipped and 2 cracked vertibrae from a car accident 20 years ago). Having the removable, washable covers means the whole mattress can be refreshed - and being an alergy sufferer I've found sleeping on this mattress has actually reduced my alergies.

- The weight of the mattress. I have a soft mattress with a 5cm latex "topper" on it. I was finding that I needed someone to help me rotate the mattress...luckily you only have to rotate them a few times a year. (BTW this is no longer an issue as the store manager suggested that I spin around the whole ensemble, not just the mattress).

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
The Latex Bedding Company Official

Thanks for your positive feed back. If you do want to add the extra adjustability of the Wimaflex base system, please contact us and we will offer you a very special price. Unfortunately this would... read more »

Verified Customer

We love the Euro mattress!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

I really wanted to get a latex mattress, however I could only find one store selling latex mattresses here in Brisbane and it was really pricey, so I decided to take a chance and order one online from Latex Bedding Co after reading their reviews, and I can say that my partner and I are both very happy with the mattress. It is firm enough to provide good back support and not sink under your weight, yet still soft enough to make it really comfortable, and we've been sleeping like a baby :)

Regarding the sales process, it all went smoothly in the end, and I really appreciate them delivering all the way to Queensland, however one thing that could be improved upon is to just provide a rough time frame of when one could expect delivery, which is what most online retailers do. Even if it takes 1-2 weeks or longer, that's fine, I would just like to know more or less when I can expect it so that I can plan accordingly.

sydney

Great product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2017

After researching on line we went in and met Cliff and lay on the beds. We bought the Madrid mattress.
it is fabulous. it is cool and not overheating and just the right pressure for both myself and my husband. We had a
Sealy posturepedic inner spring mattress for 10 years which was $2000 back then and this mattress cost us $2300.
The delivery company were funny like "Basil Fawlty" from Fawlty Towers.when I rang him he said" I dont deliver on Saturdays so when I suggested a particular Friday or a Monday in which I would for once be home, he said "Ill deliver it on Saturday". The mattress is very heavy and difficult to maneuver as it flops and it has no handles on the sides sewn in so this is my one and only criticism.
Cliff is great and not pushy. He sums up his customers and seems a good judge of people.
Highly recommend.
John & Sushi Manly NSW

Comments
The Latex Bedding Company Official

Thanks Sushi, sorry about "Basil" might have a word with him.

I kinda like Basil he adds to the whole experience. I never did get his name he just answers his phone with a gruff "what" and when he SMS s he never signs his name.
He will forever be Basil

King Size Euro Latex Mattress

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2017

After being in the market a while for a new bed, my partner and I went to have a look at Latex Bedding Company in Crows Nest. We met Cliff who was really helpful. My partner suffers with a bad back so we wanted to make sure we choose the right bed. We tried a variety and went back a few times before making a final decision. We purchase a King Size Euro Latex mattress and base with pillows and sheet set. Cliff organised a quick delivery as we were moving into a new place. After our first nights sleep we knew we had made the right decision. We have had the bed for 6 months now and I can absolutely say it is the best bed we have ever owned plus my partner has not complained once about his back.

Thanks to Cliff and the Latex Bedding Company for a great service, great product and a good price.

• 7 answers
  • 14 helpful votes
Private message

Great comfort for someone with osteo

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 30, 2017

I had great trouble sleeping because of osteo in my back, to the point where the pain kept me awake at night and I was constantly changing positions to alleviate it. I bought the double bed latex mattress topper and, since putting it on the bed, I've been sleeping soundly. I'm delighted with it. Yes, you can use an electric blanket on top of it - unlike memory foam toppers. I ordered mine online from Crow's Nest and it arrived in Gippsland by courier truck which, by the way, was chock-a-block with parcels. My topper had been vacuum sealed to save space I guess. It's 5 cms thick, covered with a cotton casing/cover and is delightly soft and pliable. wish I'd bought it a year ago. From memory, the cost of postage was $30 and it took, perhaps five days.

I was very happy with the Latex Bedding Company, the product and the service provided. Invoice was sent by email promptly.

Comments
The Latex Bedding Company Official

Thanks Bonnie, regards Cliff

Fabulous comfy bed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

When I purchased the bed Cliff offered a 30 day trial. I was so happy with the bed I would have been devasted to return it. I bought from the store and as very pleased with the service.

Verified Customer

This is what heaven feels like

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2017

I wanted a low allergy mattress and selected the Euro Queen Size in November 2016. I ordered on-line after perusing the website and speaking with Cliff, and the mattress was boxed for our freight to Darwin. Service was excellent with efficient communication.
It is now 5 months later and at the end of a Darwin Wet Season without air-conditioning (my preference). The mattress is incredibly comfortable and cool to sleep on in hot weather due to its "just right" firmness. On the few cool nights, it has been just as comfortable.
A very high quality product and a great business to deal with.

Such a comfy mattress!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 07, 2017

We've only just received our new bed and we are so happy with it! We've had two beautiful nights sleep so far. No back or neck pain waking up! Cliff was easy to deal with and delivery was quick. We highly recommend The Latex Bedding Company. Their prices are very competitive for the quality you get!

Lismore

• 9 helpful votes
Private message

A good nights sleep should not be only for the healthy and wealthy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 31, 2017

This product is excellent for anyone who needs additional support and/ or comfort in bed due to injury, surgical recovery, health conditions that cause pain, or are just needing long periods of convalescence in bed.
After experiencing the disappointment of expensive mattresses, I researched mattress toppers. Finally I ordered a 'latex' mattress topper from the Latex Bedding Co. .
I found that the mattress toppers from this company are not as expensive, very reasonably priced, 100% latex, very good quality, and come with a very long guarantee! In addition to this, dispatch and delivery was very efficient and fast - exactly the quality and customer service that make a business excel.
Having this mattress topper on my bed, has helped reduce pain while lying down, relieving pressure and has enabled me to reduce pain medication, in consultation with my doctor.
I have since also bought another latex topper for my elderly parents, and they have also had a very positive result with improved sleep. The quality of the product is as good as my first purchase, as was dispatch and delivery. While the mattress topper is not a 'cure all', and may not take all the pain away, it is essential for anyone wanting a better nights sleep - I wouldn't be without.
Just a note for those living on their own - If you order a larger topper, such as a double, queen or king size, you may need some assistance putting it on to your bed if you have an injury, as the latex is heavier than 'foam' - but much better.
A good nights sleep should not be only for the healthy and wealthy - so thank you Latex Bedding Co, for a good quality product, at a price that is within reach.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

A successful purchase

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2017

We purchased the Euro as part of the ultimate dream package three months ago and we are very happy with the purchase. It has been one of the hottest summers on record in Brisbane and I found the latex mattress no hotter than our previous innerspring. I have slept a lot better though, especially due to the minimal partner movement. The bamboo sheet set is delightful, and delivery went very smoothly as well. I would highly recommend Latex Bedding Company and the Euro mattress. I would not buy an innerspring mattress ever again.

A SOLUTION!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2017

3 years ago I had lower back surgery. Since then, I have gone through 7 mattresses. Prior to back surgery I could sleep anywhere. Post surgery, I became exceptionally sensitive. For 3 years I have searched for this mattress! I bought the EuroKing organic latex mattress and while it took a few nights -- I HAVE NEVER SLEPT BETTER. This is THE mattress for people with lower back pains. My husband, who suffers none of my ailments, took a bit longer to adjust to the bed. One month in and we are BOTH sleeping so soundly. Sally, who sold me the bed, was gentle and easy to work with. I never felt she was 'selling' me a bed, but rather she was engaged in a conversation around what they offered, then she told me to lay down for a good 30 minutes. Which I did. I brought a book! Then she left me alone. Very graceful way to allow a customer to come to their own purchasing decision. I love my new bed. It's nothing "fancy" but I SLEEP WELL!!!!!!

Wheelthebarrowback, NSW

Verified Customer

Despite some delivery problems we got there, all good!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2017

We drove all the way down to Sydney (4hrs) to check out these well reviewed mattresses and I must say that Cliff was absolutely professional, in a very friendly and direct way, in his approach to our needs. We ended up buying a King size Madrid package (2 slabs side by side) which we feel was good value compared to other "top shelf" spring mattresses on the market.
We did have some delivery issues where the items went awol for a week or so but Cliff was very generous in providing a compensatory outcome for the inconvenience with which we were totally satisfied.
After sleeping on the new bed for a few weeks now we can report all is great, the pillows are soft but supporting, the bamboo sheets are luxurious and the bed is even more so. I had suspicions about the 2 separate slabs being put together but the cover holds them tight enough that you simply cannot find the join at all. Stability is excellent, can't feel partner moving and it took a few days to get used to this bed but now I can't stand sleeping in anything other than it, like when travelling away.
Thanks again Cliff, we really appreciate your help and guidance and of course the excellent customer service. Cheers!

1 of 5 pages