Newcastle, NSW

Loving our new bed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 11, 2013

We've had our mattress for almost 2 weeks and we absolutely love it. Apart form being really comfortable and long-lasting, we chose latex because it's made from a sustainable source, it's naturally anti-allergenic and requires no fire retardant chemicals that off-gas over time. Service at our local store was great. Looking forward to another 20 years of great sleeps!

+ Comfortable, friendly service, natural/eco-friendly choice, Long-lasting, Well priced for quality.

Blackheath

Private message

Great bed but not great after sales response

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2013

I purchased a madrid plush and base last year, which I love. But the cover is damaged, I was assured I would receive a replacement quite a few months ago. My emails of enquiry have not been responded to. I am interested in purchasing another but am reluctant to from this company due to this event. I will go elsewhere if I don't get any joy in the next few weeks. Great product but tardy after sales support. There was also a delay in receiving the outstanding bonus sheets which took a bit of chasing around from myself.

+ The mattress and base

- After sales support

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
The Latex Bedding Company Official

Hi Cate, Pleased to hear you love your mattress. Disappointing we have messed up with the replacement cover. Only just seen your review. Thanks for taking the time. I can't find your name in our sy... read more »

Melbourne

Sleeping like a baby

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2013

After sleeping on a waterbed for 24 years it was a big decision to buy a latex mattress. It wasn't a quick decision but one that we are extremely happy with. It is extremely comfortable and it is fantastic to not wake up with a stiff back in the morning. Also with Melbourne's super hot summer we have not had any problems sleeping on the hot nights.

+ Comfort, quality, cool

Superb service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2013

Having 'tested' mattresses for over 70 years I can really recommend this one. The first one was delivered with small transportation damage. The following morning the owner personally arrived and exchanged it. You cannot buy service like that. This mattress is perfect for us, support and comfort are the same now as day one.

+ Service

Ormeau

• 3 helpful votes

Great product great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2012

Was a bit nervous of buying on line at such at distance, we are in SE Queensland, but friendly phone calls with Cliff and knowing latex from living in Holland and having a latex mattress there for 12 years convinced me. But this Revor mattress and base exceeded all expectations, absolutely the best yet. two king size singles made up as one bed is definitely the way to go. Our extremely expensive top of the range pocket sprung mattress has gone to the tip. My wife's back ache has also disappeared in a week.

+ Comfortable and supportive

- Slow delivery but the delivery man was first class and helpful

First time in years a pain-free sleep

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2012

Thanks David for your excellent advice and after sales help. The new mattress and base is giving us both the best pain-free nights' sleep in years, and in the "muggy" weather the mattress is much cooler than our old inner spring.We cannot speak highly enough of the latex, bases, or bamboo materials. We are spreading the word! :)
Cheryl Stevens

Great service & advice

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2012

Our mattress was starting to sink and we thought we would have to buy a new one which can cost alot of money. On ringing David we found out we were able to have our existing mattress refurbished for less than half the cost of a new one. And the best part was it was all done in a day. Our mattress was collected in the morning and delivered back that evening. The result is fantastic. We love our refurbished mattress - its as good as new.

+ Inexpensive and a great result.

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

One of the best purchases we have ever made.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2012

Earlier this year my partner and I were in the market for a new mattress. Our criteria was a mattress made of breathable natural materials that was comfortable, long lasting and one that would support our aging bodies. After reading many reviews on the internet on a myriad of different mattresses we were no closer to deciding which would be the best one for us. What caught our attention most particularly were Latex mattresses. Luckily there was a store locally so we took ourselves to Latex Bedding on Tudor Street Hamilton.
Wayne at the store took time and care to show us the range of mattresses and their benefits. He was very patient and informative as we lay on this mattress and that. We finally decided on the mattress we thought was the best and also purchased latex pillows and two sets of beautiful bamboo sheets. Our first night on the bed with the luxuriously silky sheets was heaven. We have had our mattress for 3 months now and in that time we had travelled away quite often. We always look forward to coming home to our bed and we know that given care, this mattress will look after us for 20 years or more! This is one of the best purchases we have made for years. Not only does the mattress exactly match our criteria, but it has a longevity not often seen with other products. And the service given to us by Wayne and Latex Bedding was exemplary. The mattress was delivered on the date promised, right to our bed!

+ Price, quality and the natural breathable nature of latex.

SYDNEY

• 2 comments

Very happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2012

We have had our latex mattress for several months now and are extremely happy. After sleeping on a full latex mattress I cant imagine buying any other type of mattress. Comfortable, and no partner disturbance or heat problems. Now the teenage children are all lining up for a latex mattress, because they can see how happy we are!. Service both pre and post sale has been very good also. Would definitely recommend Latex Bedding Co if you are looking for a quality mattress.

+ Comfort. Comfort. Comfort. No springs to poke in or wear out. Washable cover was a plus also. Service was great. Long life of the mattress makes if good value for money.

Great customer centric approach!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2012

Had to wait a while to get my Euro. I took a gamble ordering online without testing the mattress. But by just discussing my needs with David we came up with a match for me. It is exactly what I had in mind...great match! I appreciate the warm and friendly customer service.

The best money we have ever spent.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2012

We bought our latex mattress around 2 years ago. Initially we were hesitant to buy such an expensive mattress, but once we understood the features and benefits we were sold. Two years on and we are loving our bed and the ability to adjust our own comfort due to the individual frames of the bed.

+ Great service, quality product, individual adjustment

Great Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2012

I purchased two pillows at the Dubbo store for the second time. The Latex pillow would be the best pillow I have purchased; and I have purchased many. This pillow is fantastic if you have back or neck problems. The Customer Service in Dubbo is extremely good and David is very helpful. The next matress I purchase will be a Latex one because of the durability and quality of the product.

+ Quality, durability and price

Purchase of Slat Bases

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2012

We already had a latex mattress but needed new slat bases. Newcastle Latex Bedding Co provided the best service we have experienced in years. There was no haggling on price, we were given an attractive price 1st up, we were kept informed whilst awaiting receipt of shipment , freight was arranged at low cost with an equally high service provider. Do we recommend - absolutely. Will we return - yes.

+ Best level of service we have received in years. Product excellent.

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Love the bed, shame it turned up damaged!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2012

My husband & I bought a King Latex Bed in January 2012 from Castle Hill Latex Bedding Co., which promptly closed up the following week. We ended up dealing with Dubbo & Crows Nest branches which went smoothly but 1 of the 2 mattresses turned up dented, scuffed & torn (it wasn't packaged like the other & was obviously a reject/ or 2nds stock) No recompense was requested or offered and 9mths later & several calls & I'm still waiting for them to exchange the Queen sheets for King sheets!

+ Love the extra firm mattress but not 4 everyone's taste.

- Received damaged stock & no after sales services~ after 9mths where's my sheets? my she

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
The Latex Bedding Company Official

Hi Tanya, My sincere apologies, I am not aware of your case but should be! Can you contact me with your details. I will send a set of King bamboo sheets to you immediately and discuss what we can d... read more »

Thanks for your response David. Id be pleased to send you photo's of the damaged base - can you provide a suitable email address. Unforunately, I've recently opened the pack of Queen sheets to use ... read more »

The Latex Bedding Company Official

Thanks for your understanding in accepting the extra sheet set in compensation for the damaged base. Great to hear you are sleeping well. Cheers, David

Dubbo, New South Wales, Australia

Best Bed and Pillow

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2012

I bought my latex mattress around 5 years ago. The best money I have ever spent. I only use the latex pillows and take mine wherever I go . We have not slep this well on any other bed. I haver just purchased replacemnt pillows personal choice as I like to keep them fresh but nothing wrong with the old ones. We also purchased a second mattress for our daughter and she loves the comfort and support as well.

+ Value and supreme comfort for money spent . Local Dubbo business that I love to support and knowledgable staff able to give all information needed

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Latex Bedding Company, fantastic service and great products.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2012

Our Makin Mattress had started to sag, one call to [name removed] at Latex Bedding Company and he had a solution and was also able to arrange transport to and from the factory.

We now have a newly rebuilt and better than new latex mattress for very little outlay. Great friendly service, good products and outstanding backup.

+ Real customer service and great products.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
The Latex Bedding Company Official

Hi John, Thanks for your feed back. We have had much experience with the sagging top on the Makin Mattresses latex mattress. Previously they used a latex core from Latexco in Belgium, which we no... read more »

Best mattress we could find

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2012

Loved the service and the people but, most of all loved the sleep. We bought the top of the range and it was worth it. that is the Perfect matress from Reevor combined with Wimaflex slat base. We think the title " Perfect Mattress" live up to it's name. We love all the features, too many to mention so look into it. We have not slept this well for years and feeling much better because of it. Plus I loved the value for money as it will last so much longer than regular mattresses. Thanks

Comments
The Latex Bedding Company Official

Thanks Geoff,
As we don't expect to sell you another bed for about 30 years we do appreciate you telling others.
David Nugent
Latex Bedding Co.

• 4 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2012

well we have latex pillows and mattress and will not buy anything else. i would reccomand latex to everyone u will not look back.

+ ever since i bought the latex, it is the best sleep my partner and myself have ever had, i dont wake up sore anymore.

- that i didn't buy one a long time ago

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
The Latex Bedding Company Official

Thank you, but be careful: not all latex is created equal, either in the manufacture of the actual latex core or the finished mattress. I believe the best performance and quality comes from a ble... read more »

• 1 review
  • 7 helpful votes
Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2012

Have never slept better. The girl in the store went to great lengths to find the "Perfect" mattress that would correctly support my spine, but still allow for softer comfort where it was needed. I will buy the flexible/adjustable base very soon (fell in love with the mattress/base combination in store, but budget restricted me from purchasing all at once).

When I have that there won't be enough stars available for my rating!!!

+ Incredible lower back support (I have 2 chipped and 2 cracked vertibrae from a car accident 20 years ago). Having the removable, washable covers means the whole mattress can be refreshed - and being an alergy sufferer I've found sleeping on this mattress has actually reduced my alergies.

- The weight of the mattress. I have a soft mattress with a 5cm latex "topper" on it. I was finding that I needed someone to help me rotate the mattress...luckily you only have to rotate them a few times a year. (BTW this is no longer an issue as the store manager suggested that I spin around the whole ensemble, not just the mattress).

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
The Latex Bedding Company Official

Thanks for your positive feed back. If you do want to add the extra adjustability of the Wimaflex base system, please contact us and we will offer you a very special price. Unfortunately this would... read more »

, NSW

• 3 helpful votes

Real service, real dedication

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 29, 2012

We bought a latex mattress in September 2011. We gave it two months following instructions to turn it regularly. However, it was just too hot.
I contacted the manager at the store we bought it from who immediately put us in touch with [name removed]. There was no quibbling, no blame shifting. He took our problem seriously, listened to us and then worked with us to solve the overheating issue. When options failed he kept going.
He supplied a product that he is currently trialling - a 3D Airflow topper - for us to try. It works!
[name removed] believes in his product and offers exceptional support to his customers.

+ No blame shifting, no quibbling just immediate attention and help.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
The Latex Bedding Company Official

Thanks for your kind words Lin. I am pretty sure coming from a waterbed, which has over 500l of water below you, thermostatically set to your temperature preference, (usually 29-30oC0), that you w... read more »

4 of 5 pages