Filter By:

• 2 comments
  • 30 helpful votes

Fast setup under 5 minutes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2018

After having issues with my previous FTTN provider I have switched and very happy with the result and speed. Time will tell but for now I would recommend them to anyone in terms of support and speed.

Excellent service, Great company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

Launtel provided an excellent service to get us connected to the NBN. They arranged the connection and within an hour of being notified that the connection was completed and a bit of help from Karina ( Thanks again Karina) we were on our NBN journey. Great speeds and no dropouts or slowdowns, excellent service and no contracts. Way to go Launtel.

Outstanding service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2018

Launtel wen't above and beyond to ensure we had NBN connected at our address.
From quick replies to constant communication with NBN Co, Karina, Damian and the team worked hard to give outstanding service.

Rosevears Tasmania 7277

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Former CFO of IT company loves Launtel

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

After financially heading an IT company for 18 years in Melbourne, we then moved to Launceston. The thought of obtaining effective residential connectivity to run our business from home, which wasn't reliant on Telstra's disastrous customer service, was a little concerning.

Then we found Launtel and never looked back. Reliable connectivity, great customer service and a company which treats business and residential clients with respect based on intelligent, proactive and forward thinking.

Launtel is a company marketing itself as a business that stays ahead of the IT industry, and is proving itself consistently with delivery of the high standard it promises.

Great Company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

Launtel provide us with a NBN connection, prior to that we used an inferior "churn & burn" type ISP. From the onset I spoke with a Launtel person, they were personable, very pleasant and all round great communicators. They understood our problem, and given our previous issues we were still wary of signing with a new provider if we were to continue to suffer NBN issues. Part of Launtel's service is a free trial period which was welcomed. Our service now runs perfectly and although a little more expensive than our previous provider I'm looking forward to no more underperformance, less frustration, consistent and reliable connectivity every time.
I add, all the way through the process the Launtel staff were immediately accessible to ensure their customer was delivered the best possible service.
Thanks Guys, well done, keep it up.

Connection Type: NBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

Solid speeds

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2018

Solid speeds all around, my speeds are constant 24/7.
affordable, day-day payments really are helpful for a student, I don't have to worry about a massive payment once a month.

Comments
Launtel Official

Thanks for the review Brodan! We'd love to earn that fifth star, do let us know if there's anything we can do better :-)

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

One of the most advanced & customer friendliest services

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2018

Friendly service, professional, advanced technology and very responsive to customer needs. Would respect and recommend any time. Great local businesses.

Comments
Launtel Official

Thank you for the 5 stars! We're very happy to be described in that way :-)

Great ISP.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

We now have an affordable and stable NBN connection with constant speeds. The service team is unfailingly helpful and effective. The set-up process to swap from our previous provider was quick and easy, taking no longer than ten minutes, and not having a contract ensures our flexibility as our needs change. It is always an added bonus for us, as internet users, to have a local company providing such a quality product.

Comments
Launtel Official

Thanks Dodo! That's a wonderful review and we very much appreciate it :-)

Greatest service on earth

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

Great service. Quick connection. Affordable and Reliable. Launtel has it all, the staff are great to deal with and are quick to try to solve your issues any way they can.
I have never have drop outs with my nbn at all.

Comments
Launtel Official

Woah Brad! That's a super kind review! Thanks so much!

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Very glad to have switched

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

I have a FTTP nbn connection at my residential property.
The team at launtel have been nothing but helpful, even answering queries outside of business hours via their Facebook page.
Despite having a few connection issues (3) since connecting I have always received fast and effective advice and help.

Would recommend to anyone who can configure their own router or be able to look it up.

Comments
Launtel Official

Thanks Cam! We really appreciate the review and especially the 5 stars - that's what we're always aiming for.

Can't recommend enough!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2018

Launtel offer a great product at an affordable cost. Plenty of data, low congestion, no lock-in contract and a pay-as-you-go model put them a cut above other ISPs in Australia. Their support is superb and they're always happy to help you with any issues you may have. Most importantly, it feels great to be using a local company and helping keep local jobs! Keep up the great work :)

Comments
Launtel Official

Thanks Nathan - so great to have you as a customer and to hear that feedback :-)

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2018

Great product service and very friendly and reliable could not ask for better internet do ur self a favour and use these guys

Comments
Launtel Official

Thanks Matt! Really appreciate you taking the time to make the review :-)

TASMANIA

• 2 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Great but now over priced

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2018

Plans are not unlimited and now overpriced. The daily limit should never be caped. I would ask them to remove the cap and I will be back if done in the future.

Comments
Launtel Official

We're very sorry to see a one star review for a network that it sounds like you're happy with other than the data limit. Providing a fully flexible, uncongested network is a premium service. More... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Never once hit the speeds promised, and only works half the time.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2018

I was recommended this company, I read into it and it looked great. Got the 100/40 package and from the first day I have never gotten over 60mbps at around 2am. During the day, it is half this, that's if its even working. Got a new modem, still barely works. Then they started only letting you have 25GB per day when you pay for unlimited, which runs out before 6pm everyday. This never happened on Telstra, Optus or iiNet. Will be changing very soon.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Launtel Official

Hi Connor, Very surprised to see this review because it’s against the experience of our customers in general. Have you contacted our local support team? It sounds like you’re on legacy pricing w... read more »

We paid for unlimited, you changed it to 25GB a day, at this point we are still paying for unlimited but getting no where near that. We restricted usage and stopped all download and monitored usage... read more »

Launtel Official

Hi Connor, we're very sorry that what you've written must mean that something has gone drastically wrong. Had we been notified we would have treated this seriously because no one has advised this a... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 comments

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

What I thought was going to be the answer is just another typical Telco.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2018

No different than the other Telco companies, Get your business with a fast connection and when you go with the company all good for 1.5 months and paying a premium price $106.45 a month for congestion and poor ping / Latency. Not happy at all as I thought they where the answer but apparently not / shame.
45.248.50.115 3/13/2018 GMT 76.07 37.29 PING 25 Hobart 100
45.248.50.115 3/13/2018 GMT 49.98 33.5 PING 112 Melbourne 300 100/40 connection

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Launtel Official

Hi Mike, sorry you feel this way. Have you contacted our team directly? As we’re sure you’re aware we’ve had a few challenges in the past few weeks as we expanded the network. Keep in mind also,... read more »

This has been going on for over a month now and still not fixed in fact is going down hill even more but only in peek times / congestion . Was terrible tonight and still bad at 10 pm. I am a reason... read more »

Launtel Official

Hi Mike, I’ve checked our system and have noted that Damian himself sent an email to you on Monday morning to check see if things were better for you but he doesn’t seem to have received a reply. ... read more »

Brighton Tasmania

Excellent service all round

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2018

Great fast service, so much better than the other companies out there. Customer service has been honest and fast response time every time. Would highly recommend to anyone looking. Money well spent

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Truly an industry defining experience with a dash of personal service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2018

I have an NBN FTTP connection and Launtel is hands down the best connection I've had so far. Been with T and II and neither have delivered on their promises at the point of sign up. Launtel maybe a few bucks extra compared to most of the other run-of-the-mill ISPs but the service standard and the connection reliability whilst maintaining that personal touch here in Launceston makes me proud to be a customer of Launtel. The work Launtel is doing in changing the taxonomy of how we look at broadband connections here in Australia is something that all of us should get behind for the benefit of all other Australians. The big giants in the industry are too bloated to make some of these necessary changes but Launtel are making great strides in bringing a fairer pricing model to home broadband, along with the convenience of their pay as you go revenue model and change speed whenever you need model makes the extra dollars I pay over a regular connection worth every cent.

Comments
Launtel Official

Thanks Yoshie! We're a pretty hungry much for innovation, but also for making sure we deliver a sustainable internet network that stays ahead of consumer needs. We're not the cheapest, but we do always aim to deliver a high quality experience.

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Flawless connection with amazing speeds not offered by anyone else

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

What is your connection type? (ADSL, NBN, Cable, etc.)
NBN FTTP 100/40 and NBN FTTP 250/100

How was the set-up process & how long was the timeframe for it?
Being an existing NBN FTTP customer the set up process involved signing up through Launtel's residential portal and then changing the ethernet cable between my router and the NBN NTD (box inside my house) to UNI-D2 (the second port) once the service was provisioned within 20 minutes of sign up.

How reliable is your connection? Have you experienced frequent dropouts?
The connection has been stable and consistent throughout the 3-4 months that I've been with Launtel. I've never experienced a drop out, but there was one incident when speeds across Bass Strait were severely limited for nearly a day, due to a hardware failure that was outside of their hands. Every customer was compensated with a credit of two days access. We were also kept well informed of the repair as it progressed.

How satisfied are you with the provider's Customer Service and/or Support?
I haven't had to call for tech support, but their phone support simply asks whether you're a business or residential customer before connecting you to someone in their office in Launceston. With any issues, such as NBNco delays to speed changes/service provisions etc it has been quicker to check the official Facebook Group where posts can be found from other Launtel users and the Launtel CEO himself.

Comments
Launtel Official

Thanks for the 5 stars! And thanks for participating in the Launtel Users Group, it's a very friendly online community. :-)

Exelent!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

Incredibly happy with Launtel. Setup was very easy.
Connection is very reliable. I’ve never had any issues with peak time performance

Comments
Launtel Official

Thanks Terry! Your peak time performance is something very important as often FTTN is blamed for slow internet. We often have customers sitting at 85-95Mbps on a 100/40 connection. So FTTN often ta... read more »

• 3 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

A breath of fresh internet

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2018

Honesty and openness are their motto. Have been very impressed with the support, flexibility, pricing, everything really. They are showing the rest of the country what NBN was supposed to be.

Comments
Launtel Official

Hi John, great to have a 5 star review particularly for a fixed wireless connection (which we admit are always the first to get congested between house and tower - but that is an NBN issue not our ... read more »

1 of 3 pages