Model: Super T Date Purchased: Sep 2018

A great electric bike at a great price level

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

I waited to write this review until i had spent quite a bit of time using the bike. I can say after 750km in the first three months it has been a great experience overall. I initially had an issue with the brakes assembly but Leitner helped me out in getting the part replaced by a local shop quite easily. Since then i have ridden it to work mainly around 8km each way. The bike has been great, i arrive work without being sweaty which is the main reason i wanted to go electric. It allows me to get some supplemental exercise, not be on public transport and arrive to work quicker! I usually recharge after about 50KM of riding in high mode, i pedal all the time and quite fast as i like to max out the speed on this thing. It's been great, very comfortable, brakes well, power is good on the motor and it tackles most hills with ease. Only suggestion i would have for the next model is that the gearing is too short, when using high power mode you either have to pedal SUPER fast or you peddling doesn't really add much push as it's reached the end of it's use by about 30km/h. Taller gearing would alleviate any issues i have with this bike. Would reccomend this to anyone as it's $500 cheaper than equivalent E-bikes on the market.

Verified Purchase Model: Super T Date Purchased: Oct 2018

You little Ripper

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

Great bike, took it for my first ride today, easy to fold up for carrying in my car, also I have a medical condition and found it easy to ride with pedal assist or using the throttle, I am looking forward to many more rides as being a photographer I now can go to places that was not accessible before.

Model: Tirol Date Purchased: Oct 2018

I ordered the bike last Wednesday night and received it on Monday morning, I assembled it and off I.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

I am a very keen bike rider and recently, due to a medical condition, I have had difficulty riding my push bike. This "Leitner Tirol" model hybrid bike is everything that I need to enable me to keep riding a bike, enjoy life and keep fit. Thank you to the Leitner people for your great PRODUCT & for your great SERVICE!

Purchased at: Bicycles Online

Model: Libelle Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Fun bike

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

I’ve had my bike for 5 days. Today a tube blew. That was disappointing. It was not a puncture. My husband found splits in the tube. He repaired both of them but then it went flat again without even riding it.
I will have to get used to riding it as even on low it takes off too fast for me on the pedal assist if I need to corner quickly or am in a very small area. However, I did a great ride to my daughter’s place - all uphill - the other day and it was a breeze. Rode home in the dark which was even more a breeze! I have enjoyed small rides around the area immensely.
It is not a fault of the bike because all the mechanisms work well, but just be informed that some may not find it easy to fold or lift - me being one. I am a 60 y.o female.

Verified Purchase Model: Libelle Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Solid & Smooth

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

Thank you for a great folding bike it arrived the day after I ordered it and was here for my wife’s birthday. Assembled easily under 1 hour and works as advertised. She loves the bike and I will join her when my Tirol, which is in order arrives in October.

Sydney

Verified Purchase Model: Tirol Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Now I can ride a bike to work

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

I have been taking the bus and/or train to work for a long time. This adds up door to door to between 45 minutes and 1.25 hours+ depending on how reliable the public transport is at the time. Looking at the actual distance (7 km) I realised I could probably get to work quicker on a bike. The main thing that held me back was being afraid of the hills, and worrying about whether I'd actually stick to it given how much effort that would likely be.

I bought myself a Tirol so I could chuck it in the boot of my small car, and have been commuting back and forth to work on it for a few weeks now. Love it. If I'm feeling like giving my legs a bit of a workout, I turn the assistance down to low or medium, and if I'm feeling lazy I put it on high. When it's on high, you can put it in a low gear then just move your feet in a pedalling motion and it'll power you right up hills, and blast you up to the full 25km/h without any effort.

This has been a great purchase, and the other bike riders who I've shown the components to say that they're not top of the line, but they're not cheap either.

Oh, I'm also 135kg, so was worried about the stated 120kg weight limit. I got some metal pedals so I've got a bit more strength to push on, and so far so good, and I also put a heavy lock in a pannier bag on the back. I'll update this review if I have any equipment failures further on, but so far so great. I get to work in 25 minutes, and I even get some exercise on the way if I want. So glad I bought this.

Verified Purchase Model: Tirol Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Flattens hills!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 19, 2018

I purchased two Leitner bikes - a Berlin (26 inch wheel) and a Tirol (folding 20 inch wheel).

I believe that the motor is unchanged for both models - it hasn't been recalibrated for different sized wheels. As a result, it provides a lot more torque (ie. assistance) on the Tirol with the smaller wheels. The Tirol is also geared shorter - it is rare that I need a lower gear, but often I need a taller gear.

As a result, the Tirol provides a lot of assistance if one were unfit, say, or had a very hilly commute.

But there's no such thing as a free lunch, and I believe the extra torque will mean shorter range than the 26 inch wheeled bikes, so consider buying the bigger battery.

Also, the Tirol will fit a narrower range of body sizes (fine for me, a smaller than average male).

Leitner's service was great, sending me a replacement part no questions asked when one failed, probably due to it not being fitted tightly enough.

• 1 comment
  • 2 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: Super T Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Exhilarating Ride - cycling has never been this good!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

If you've never ridden an e-bike it's hard to describe the experience. It is soooo much better than riding a normal bike. I like turning the assist up to high then still pedalling fast just to see how fast I can go - it's so much fun and actually faster to ride into town rather than drive!
I opted for the Super T because it folds up and also has dual suspension. We have pretty bumpy pothole roads and I am quite happy with the suspension. Also because it is electric assist, you don't have to have the tires rock hard like you do in a normal bike - the motor makes up for the loss of efficiency with the lower pressure tires (they are recommended to be between 40 - 65 PSI. I have them around 45-50.
I'm yet to use the fold up feature - but I think it will still be handy. If you definitely do not need the ability to fold up, I'd go for the larger wheel size. 20in wheels are slightly more "agile" aka jittery than larger wheels. Compared to my 29in MTB which is a more stable ride. That said, I'm really glad I got the Super T - it's so much fun. I added a basket to the pack rack at the back for $27 from the local bike shop and now I ask my wife every day if she needs more shopping because I'm so happy to go for a cycle.
I still work up a sweat on this bike each time I ride because I push it hard, but I've also worn non exercise clothes and gently gone for a ride and haven't even really elevated my heart rate - the choice is yours, which is what I love about e-bikes.
Putting it together was really a breeze. The instructions were not as suited to the Super T as Leitners other bikes, often the pics are wrong - but it comes almost fully assembled so it really wasn't an issue. All that needed doing was adding the front mudguard, the front wheel and the seat post. So easy!
If you are thinking about getting one - just do it! You won't regret it :) I went for the 16amp version in blue :)

Deception Bay

Model: Super T Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Well worth the money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2018

Arrived today ( Leitner Super T )... Once assembled I took it for it's first run ... Everything went great. All controls function properly.
I am 63 and this bike is excellent to get back into cycling. Very smooth running, great features and a joy to ride.
Very good value for the asking price.... you won't go wrong with this little Gem.

Colin ... Deception Bay Qld.

Wollongong

Model: Super T Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Fantastic! Great fun and gentle exercise

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2018

I purchased the Leitner Super T 2 days ago. I am 63 and only moderately fit. Last time I rode a bike was years ago and my knees ached after a short time. Not so with the Leitner Super T. Great value compared with E bikes in stores. I highly recommend it.

August 30th 2018 Update: Fantastic after sales service

I absolutely love my Super T folding bike. I did however have a problem when one pedal came off and the thread was ruined. As i assembled this component i must have cross threaded it.
I emailed Leitner about it on a Thursday, received a reply almost immediately and received free replacement pedal and crank arm in the mail on the Tuesday!!!! I'm back in the saddle happily riding again.

Model: Tirol Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Leitner Electric Bikes are awesome!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2018

My partner and I purchased two folding bikes in January 2018. (1 x Tirol & 1 x Libelle).
The bikes arrived quickly and were easy to assemble.
They are compact, easy to ride and very affordable.
We have been enjoying many long rides and haven't looked back!
We highly recommend these bikes.

Verified Purchase Model: Libelle Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Love this solution for my commute

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

Ride the 5 Km each way a day to work, charge at my desk, get there faster than with car, no parking costs and save on petrol and wear and tear in the car (as a bonus I lost a few kg along the way and arrive fresh, stretched and not sweaty at all!). The Leitner was chosen after a thorough look at the market and has lived up to my expectations of an affordable reliable solution that could be folded into wife's car when it rains and I need a lift.

Model: Libelle Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Broken after 2 rides

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2018

Broken after 2 rides, the quality is not so good ! Doesn't match with the description, and too heavy. The quality is just poor.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Leitner Official

Hi Sam, thank you for your message and sorry to hear that you had an issue with your bike. We would like to assist you to have the issue resolved as soon as possible. We have sent you three private... read more »

Leitner Official

Hi Sam, we have tried to get in touch with you a number of times without success. We would like to assist you with your issue. Can you please kindly contact us on 1300 856 725 or via email at sales... read more »

Model: Tirol Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Highly recommended!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

5 out of 5, reviewed on, 2017
Well built bike. Good looking bike. Great service from staff...every inquiry answered (and I had lots of questions. Excellent delivery time. Easy and quick to assemble. Didn’t take long to adjust to working the gears, power assist mode or throttle. A joy to ride. Well worth the 5 star rating every one is giving it.

Model: Libelle Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Great bike!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2018

I tried other brands of folding bikes and found them awkward to ride. The libelle is fantastic.
Excellent quality and easy to assemble
Have since bought a Tirol folding bike for my husband as well
Going to use them for caravan trips
Great customer service and advice on phone!
Well worth the money

Happy Valley South Australia

Model: Super T Date Purchased: Feb 2018

The Best

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2018

What a wonderful Company all round to deal with
Excellent Product
Excellent Service
I am very happy with my Super T and living in a hilly area my riding is now a lot easier
being over 70 and had not ridden a bike for 30 years but now has bought new life and excercise
As they say Just Do It
This Company deserves an Award all round for Quality and Service

Model: Tirol Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Best car replacement

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 30, 2018

When the transmission in my car died, I took the opportunity to buy the Leitner Tirol to replace my car.

It's the best move I've ever made. I was previously driving 260km per week for work and training. I now happily make this trip on my Leitner Tirol in faster than it takes me to drive in traffic (given they're multiple 10km trips).

This has saved me over $250 a month in petrol, and not to mention it is an absolute pleasure to ride. Hills are not a problem and the throttle makes it very easy to cruise when I feel like it.

Folding it takes seconds, and storing it both under my desk at work, in the training hall and in the cupboard at home is a cinch.

I would highly recommend this bike and my wife is sold on it too, so we'll have 2 soon.

Sydney

Model: Libelle Date Purchased: Oct 2017

ebike has great battery.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2018

I shopped around for an ebike and decided on Leitner because other cheaper ebikes don´t offer warranty on their battery. I bought a step through model for my parents who are 70 years of age but I end up using it mostly. It is great for trips to shops and hospital. I ride it everyday and most impressed with the battery life. I been on 30km rides and it doesn´t show a dint on the battery indicator. My gripe is I can´t remove battery by hand because it is so tight, I need to use a flat head screw driver to wiggle it and loosen it at the bottom before I can pull it out. Being able to remove the battery with ease is an important feature for me because it makes the bike lighter to fold and lift into boot of car. My mum is not confident with riding it because she is 152cm tall and concerned about balance. Perhaps Leitner can sell optional adult training wheels for older riders. Overall I am very satisfied with my purchase and experience with Leitner sales service. Very fast delivery to Sydney.

Beaconsfield, WA

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: Super T Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Great Bike and Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

I have had the bike for nearly 2 months, longest ride was Fremantle to Perth and back, around 45kms it took 1hr 15 minutes each way, the bike handled the hills and bumpy pathways with no problem at all. I have fitted a solar panel and battery to charge the bike when I park if for the day and this is also working really well.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 answer

Model: Super T Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Outstanding Value & Quality

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2018

Ride it daily, always enjoy, absolute pleasure. Very comfortable with the dual suspension and generous seat. Excellent battery life, only need to charge every 7 - 10 days. A great purchase, very happy. The gears are easy to use, and the option os none or three power modes is a great choice. Highly recommended.

1 of 7 pages

Where are your bikes manufacturered?

Helen M asked on Nov 04, 2018

Hi Helen,

We source the high quality materials for our bikes from various countries, including Shimano gears from Japan and lithium batteries from Japan and Korea.

The assembly of parts is performed in China.

Thanks!

Hi. My Berlin is still under warranty but the pedal cranks are making awful crunching clicking noises when under load such as going uphill or without the electric assist. How can I get into the crank bearings to investigate and grease? Rod Cairns Qld

Rod E asked on Nov 01, 2018

Answer this

Hi Rod, Thanks for your message. May I know if you lift up your rear wheel off the ground and spin it by hand, does the clicking noise still appears? It will be best to send us some videos or pictures to our email address, so we can investigate and troubleshoot this matter with you. Thank you! We look forward to hearing from you.

No, the wheel spins freely and quietly, the noise comes from the pedal crank bearings. At first I thought it may have been the pedals themselves as one pedal bearing is quite rough to turn, but after squirting some lithium grease into both of the pedal bearings I determined it wasn't the actual pedals making the noise. When the electric motor is assisting along easy sections there is no noise, but when I pedal hard up any of the many hills I ride over daily the crunching noise gets quite loud and embarrassing. I can feel it through my feet. It is definitely the pedal crank bearings. How do I get into there? It looks like a special tool is needed. It is difficult to video the crunching noise as I pedal strongly, and I don't know your email address.

It turns out that the crank bearings are a cassette, meaning that the bearings, shaft and casing are all one unit that cannot be undone or greased. I found this out by asking the local distributor because I received no help from this web site. So I have ordered another bearing/shaft assembly because the local mechanic verified that the pedal crank bearings was what was making the awful noise as I originally suspected.
Rod E

Reading some of the reviews it seems that the assembling is challengeing Is there any way that the bikes could be assembled and sent through to us. We are looking for 2 high quality folding bikes

Lindsay asked on Oct 22, 2018

Hi Lindsay,
We do not offer any assembly services, however if you feel unsure about assembling the bike yourself you can always book a local bike technician to do this for you.
The bikes come mostly assembled with only 6 parts to install yourself. We make our assembly as simple as possible and takes most customers under 1 hour to complete. All necessary tools are provided with your purchase along with a detailed instruction manual (including pictures).
Cheers, Jennifer.

See all 48 questions about Leitner Electric Folding Bicycle

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details