Generations:
Filter By:

Generation: XU30 (2003-2008) Badge: RX 350 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jan 2018

The car I always wanted....

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

In 2008 I was fortunate enough to drive a brand new Lexus RX 350 to Sydney and back. All I remember was that it was the best car I had driven. 10 years later, I bought a one owner 2008 Lexus RX 350 with 200,000kms + It has full service history and all I can say it is a great car to drive. We have taken this car around Regional Victoria and beyond and this car is a smooth driving car that is comfortable to drive.

Servicing is every 10000kms / 6 months and so far no issues. Slight rattle sometimes on start up (We have been told this is the VVT engine and just the oil lubricating. Some reviews have had this fixed under warranty) I have a 200,000+ km car and our mechanic doesn’t see any problem. The car is well serviced and looked after

The Good:
Amazing road manners
Leather heated front seats
Sunroof
Back seats that slide back/forward & recline a little.
Plenty of space
Silky smooth V6 engine and 5 speed auto
All the safety gear for a 10 year old car
Mark Levinson Sound System is amazing.

The other bits:
When I drive I get 12 litres / per 100kms (Lexus fuel consumption states 11.2 litres / per 100kms)
When my wife drives 14 litres / per 100kms - The car is a cruiser not a bruiser - but it moves when it has too!
Lexus paint is soft. Car washes (the machine ones) are not recommended
No USB port (bought a $10 USB radio transmitter from eBay)
It’s very difficult to replace the stereo as the whole unit is connected to the climate control and sat nav.
Sat Nav is a little dated (Bought a Garmin)

I would recommend this car for what it is and you get a lot of car for not a lot of money being 10 years old.
If fuel consumption is a concern then maybe a Hybrid might better suit.
Now I understand why Lexus buyers go on to buy another Lexus.

Warwick, WA

• 17 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: AL20 (2015-2018) Badge: RX 450h Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Love that its a hybrid

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

This is my husband's car. He drives it daily commuting to and from work. I have only driven it a handful of times.

Nice smooth ride. Love that it's a hybrid although I am waiting for a full electric car to be affordable. Parking sensor work great - love that you can have a birds eye 360 view of the car while parking! Love the built in, retractable sunshades at back seat windows for kids.

Lexus has great customer service as always that's why we continue to purchase cars with them.

Sydney

Private message

Verified Purchase Generation: AL10 (2009-2014) Badge: RX 450h Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Sep 2018

RX450H Hybrid - wow what a vehicle

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

This is used as a daily driver, around the city.
I have not seen a car so advanced for its time, the specifications and power are nearly unmatched.
Lets start with the hyrid side, it has 3 motors in the car, 1 petrol, 1 for the front wheels and 1 for the back. This just self manages what engine works at what time depending upon fuel efficiency or power (this actually has more power then a V8 engine at 295 horse power), however on average it runs around the city on 6-8 litres per 100kms.
Now why this vehicle, its an All wheel drive, continuously variable-speed automatic transmission (so it feels like it only has one gear, but it changes gears so smooth it is constantly changing gears without you knowing)
You start it with an electronic start button, then you don't hear anything, you just put it in gear and as you accelerate you will hear the petrol engine start if you put your foot down, as you decelerate or brake it returns that energy to charge the battery system.
This is decked out with plush leather everywhere, electronic sunroof, it has touch control boot opening, satellite navigation, bluetooth, rear camera, front and rear parking sensors, electronic stability control, automatic wipers, automatic lights, auto dimming mirrors, auto folding side mirrors, electric seats front driver and passenger, heated and cooling seats in the front, reclining rear seats, electronic brakeforce distribution, 4 wheel anti locking brakes, emergency braking assist system, usb media playing for stereo, usb jacks and dual chargers just in the console, mouse controlled front dash, heads up display so you can see your speed on the windscreen if you press the HUD button. The list goes on believe me...
Look into one if you want a luxury sports SUV, just test drive and you will see for yourself.

Melbourne

Private message

Generation: AL20 (2015-2018) Badge: RX 350 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Amazing family car

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

I use my RX350 daily for all family matters from transporting my baby to grocery shopping to going on road trips etc. Love the drive and all the cool features such as opening the boot by just a touch of your elbow.. this is a great feature I use always as most of the time I have baby on one hand and shopping bags on the other and i don’t have to keep the bags on the ground to open the boot.. just touch the Lexus logo on the boot with your elbow and the boot opens!

Verified Purchase Generation: AL20 (2015-2018) Badge: RX 350 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Overly dissatisfied with this car

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

I bought one RX 350 f sport based on all the good things I had heard about Lexus, was nice on test drive. Then...
Rear door rubbers fell off.
Sunroof rubbers fell off.
Car was ok to drive and pleasant
The infotainment system was garbage....half the time if I tried to make a call... like “call dave v.” The infotainment wouldn’t do it... it almost felt like it did not understand English. horrible...
Seats would feel hard and not comfy after a while....
Got rid of mine after 21000 kms
Would never buy a Lexus again.

Generation: AL20 (2015-2018) Badge: RX 330 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Great family car

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

We got this a few years ago when our old car packed in. Haven't looked back apart from we had a small ding that cost about double to fix because of the parts are slightly more expensive to get hold of than the car we had before but other than that it drives very well

Purchased at: Gumtree

Generation: AL10 (2009-2014) Badge: RX 450h Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Feb 2014

Perfect Reliable Vehicle

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2018

Very reliable, quiet and good looking vehicle, we are very happy with our 2010 Lexus RX 450H hybrid model, its great on fuel about 9l/100km city driving and about 7l/100km on highways. Comfort wise its great seats are soft but not too soft, you can sit for hours without feeling anything. i would recommend this car to anyone.

Adelaide

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Generation: AL10 (2009-2014) Badge: RX 330 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Best car I've ever driven!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2018

Our family Lexus RX has done over 150 thousand ks and only needed to be services a few times every 40-40k. Loads of room and the kids in the back have loads of space too. Fual traveling long distance has been really good too and great for long family holidays

South Yarra

Private message

Generation: AL20 (2015-2018) Badge: RX 450h Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Best car I have owned

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

This Lexus would be the best car I have owned ever.

We do a lot of driving with the business and we’ve done almost 100,000kms and the car still drives like new.

The service team at Brighton Lexus in Melbourne are also one of the best sales and after sales teams. We got a great deal on the best car.

So smooth the ride. Amazing to park and it fits so much in that boot!!

Taringa

Private message

Generation: AL20 (2015-2018) Badge: RX 350 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Great SUV but wish it had Apple Carplay and Andoid Auto!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2018

Lexus knows how to make a reliable vehicle. I own a 2017 Lexus RX350 F Sport in Atomic Silver + Red interior and all the bells and whistles. This is my first Lexus and I like it just as much as my other SUVs: BMW X5 and Mercedes ML 350.

Pros:
- Looks. Very subjective, as I know a lot of people hate the front grille design language Lexus has been using as of recent. I personally love it. Looks very different and polarizing in a good way to me. Stands out in comparison to the rest of the competition. Plus, I think it looks amazing in Atomic Silver with the Roja red interior combo.
- Interior quality. The fit and finish is great for the price. There is some hard plastic on the door panels and footwell areas; however, nice soft touch and leather accents are everywhere else in the cabin (especially in the areas that really matter i.e. dashboard). The headliner isn't anything too special, but at least it's soft to the touch (not a rough canvas like material)
- Safety features. Has all the latest gadgets: 4 cameras + parking sensors + lane keep assist etc. etc.
- Reliability. Although my car is very new, I am banking on the fact that Toyota/Lexus make the most reliable vehicles out there.

Cons:
- The biggest by a mile is the lack of Apple Carplay and Android auto. It's a Toyota thing. Supposedly Toyota will start to support Apple Carplay in the coming year or so...
- Power. It looks like a fast car, especially with its angular nature and mean front end; however, don't be fooled. This is not a fast car. Quite disappointing really. I wish Lexus would offer a higher HP variant of this SUV soon.

Overall:
Love my Lexus RX. The looks, quality, reliability are great.

Wentworth Point, NSW

Private message

Generation: AL20 (2015-2018) Badge: RX 200t Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Perfect family car

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

Chose Lexus but not other German brands because of the reliability. Lexus doesn't require high cost servicing in the future and they have very good 2nd hand value.
The new 2.0 turbo in the Lexus provides enough power but also good fuel efficiency. I mainly drive in the city with lots of traffic jam during the peak hours. I am achieving 11L/100km in average. Pretty good for a 2 tonne SUV.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

MELBOURNE

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: AL20 (2015-2018) Badge: RX 450h Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Great car for family

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2018

Bought a 2015 Lexus RX450H in 2016, our family loves the car as it's roomy but not too big to drive daily. Also, quite economy to run for a big car (around 8-9Lt/100). My wife's old car is 2011 Kia Sportage Platinum and with the engine of 2.4Lt and smaller car, her fuel consumption was nearly 20Lt/100 due to short run and start stop.

Generation: AL20 (2015-2018) Badge: RX 200t Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jul 2017

great car for family

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2018

this is the first lexus car that i got. for RX 200t, it's not powerful enough compares to RX 350.
there are so much techs on this car, when you enter the car, the driver seat would move back for you automatically for driver to get in easily.
the space for the car is enough for a small family.

Generation: AL20 (2015-2018) Badge: RX 350 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Aug 2015

Reliable and comfortable 5 seater family SUV

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

We have owned RX350 series SUVs for the past 11 years and upgraded to the next model in 2012 and then again in 2015. In all the years of ownership we have not had a single mechanical issue, just a battery that needed replacing (and was replaced under Lexus 3 year battery cover) and rubber boot opening cover ($50 fix completed by dealer at no cost, glue came off due to living in extreme Darwin heat and humidity for 2 years).

Melbourne

Private message

Generation: AL20 (2015-2018) Badge: RX 350 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Mar 2015

Love my car

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

what an luxury drive, love to drive and the navigation system. love the leather seats and how good they warming in winder. and always remember to service from lexus it may cost you bit more, but you will be treated as a god by lexus.. and you will get a good loan car

Purchased at: Lexus Dealers

Cairns

Private message

Generation: AL20 (2015-2018) Badge: RX 350 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Best luxury family SUV

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

Lexus build quality dictates that everything works and does what it should more than effectively - cabin comfort levels are beyond anything on the market and the finish is world class, topped off by the Mark Levinson 15 speaker Audio system.
The F Sport is the best looking of the model range and it's little wonder Lexus sell more RX 350 F Sports than any other RX in the line up, such a good looking car from any angle !!

• 3 answers
Private message

Perfect luxury SUV for a family

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

My husband and I have driven VW since we were uni students (over 20 years). We now have 2 young kids and we wanted a SUV that has all the luxury features without a price of European cars. Lexus came up top and many mechanics we spoke to told us that Lexus RX is a solid car.

It’s veen a year since we bought our RX and no problems unlike VW we had - we still love VW.

Great drivability and it’s vwry fuel economical - 13L/100km. It’s quiet and feels cocooned when driving.

Overall, it’s a great value car!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

Private message

Generation: AL10 (2009-2014) Badge: RX 270 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Perfect and Reliable - Always Lexus!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2017

Bought a used RX270 from a Lexus dealer in Australia with 50,000kms.

Has been perfect. Reliable, comfortable, smooth and quiet. Will also have great resale value. Interior is fantastic quality.

Never buying a high-depreciating and unreliable European car again. Always Japanese.

Now I need to to pick another Lexus for our second car.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Generation: AL20 (2015-2018) Badge: RX 450h Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Extreme reliable car, comfort, reasonable cost to run.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2017

Driving experience is superb comparing to German car that driven for 10 years. Performance wise good enough compare how much petrol it drinks. Handling bit soft compare to German car, but lot stress to drive.. noise pretty much the most quiet.. especially the put up and down window.

I like everything on this car, just the mouse control inforteinmant need improvement.. space excellent..

Running cost is reasonable..

• 1 comment
  • 8 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: AL20 (2015-2018) Badge: RX 350 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jun 2017

RX 350 F Sport

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2017

What a dud. We purchased our 2017 RX 350 F Sport new. Several gearbox changes due to harsh shifting, steering issues requiring multiple visits to the dealer, an air-conditioner that makes persistent water trickling noises, which Lexus Australia states is a characteristic of the vehicle, plus creaking noises related to body flex that's unrelated to interior trim..... This model evidently has its quality control issues; a mass produced car in Luxury disguise. Lexus Australia has been difficult to deal with at the best of times. After nearly one year of ownership having problems from day one and countless visits to the dealership amounting to multiple weeks of not having the vehicle, I can confidently say, look through the smiles and waves and avoid. Fuel economy around town is terrible, we average 17L/100km on the 1hr school run.

Comments

EDIT engine sounds like it's falling apart in the morning after cold start due to a poorly designed vacuum pump. Apparently new part available for that, which only partially fixes the problem. Actu... read more »

1 of 3 pages

Considering purchasing a 2015 nx200t what are pros and cons of this auto?

Richard M asked on Aug 16, 2018

Hi There I am confused as to what model to get,I have Three children 16,14 and 10. Will the nx be big enough?? soon the 16 year old will be on her own way (driving). Is the rx 6 cylinder thirsty for around town? Should I go hybrid in either Nx or RX??? Thank you for your feed back

Kimmy asked on Apr 05, 2018

Answer this

Hi Kimmy

The RX450H consumes around 9lt/100 around city, traffic jam and start/stop due to using electricity (under 40km/hr and not push too hard). On freeway, will be around 8.5lt/100km as it uses its big engine (3.6Lt V6).

It’s more expensive to buy and run than NX300h but it’s bigger, heavier and feel “safer”. We bought this car because we have 2 young kids (3&7) and have a big and massive child seats, I like the firm and present of the car when we are on freeway to holiday.

In your case: since your kids are much older, no child seats, most likely use for city runs then I suggest go with NX300h F-Sport: light, nimble, cheaper to buy and run.

It’s best you go to Lexus dealer, test drive both to see which one you like: both on feeling, technologies and value for money. Get few quotes to get the cheapest deal. Get back to me with the car you like and cheapest written quote, I will try to get a better deal for you through my contact with Lexus dealer (i’m not in associate with them in anyway, just try to help you out).

Good luck with car hunting and hope my answer helps in someway.

P/S: have you look at Volvo XC60 and XC90?

AL20 (2015-Present)

Thinking of buying RX450 sport luxury, but cannot find too much honest opinions. How much are services? Has anyone had any major issues with this model?

MOJOMA asked on Jan 30, 2018

Answer this

Hi,

My car is RX350 so I can't give you the direct feedback but I did test drive RX450. It was quiet and stop-and-go function was smooth as well. The shift change was smooth as well. Before my current car, my cars were VW (14 years of Polo, Golf and Tiguan). I'm very happy with Lexus RX350 but it lacks power IMO. But it's perfect for city drive.

I don't know the cost of service as the first service is free for all Lexus and I have free service for 4 years...

Sorry I can't be much help...

thank you TwinkleX.

Hi there, ours is two years old and we just had the 24 month service completed at our Lexus dealer - we were quoted up to $745.00 by them for that particular service, which was fine. When we picked the vehicle up, the cost was only $614.50 - so that was a pleasant surprise - as was the entire service experience with them including use of a brand new NX Fsport for the day (as part of the encore privileges thing) and a small hamper of chocolate and nuts and things aswell, a nice touch not to mention the car was immaculately cleaned inside and out - ours is an RX 350 FSport, not the hybrid, so not sure if servicing costs are any higher due to the different drivetrain/battery banks etc - not sure.

We also had VWs before the Lexus (Golf GTi MK6 and a Golf R Mk 7) and servicing costs were on average $350-$450 each time so not 'heaps' more for the Lexus - I really think it's a myth that Lexus cars are expensive to service !!?

Great cars though, you'll love it !!

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details