Model: OLED55C7T (55") Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Hi Res Clear screen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

This a great tv. The screen is so clear made up of over 1 billion individuals. It’s quick to change from one channel to the next. It’s very slim and comes with a stand for tv unit or wall mounting. The system is easy to use so we can connect to Netflix or YouTube with the touch of a button on the remote.

Model: OLED65C7T (65") Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Great image and quality

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

This was our first smart TV and I am slowly learning how to use it. My sons learnt how to operate it really quickly. I find that I can change from live TV to Netflix to HDMI easily. I just do not seem to use the TV anymore. My sons are able to use youtube but the streaming is limited. For higher resolution videos, we plug the laptop next to the screen and it works really well.

Brisbane

• 20 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: OLED65C7T (65") Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Disappointed by the limitations of webOS

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2018

The only positive thing I can say about this TV is that the picture quality is good, otherwise, it is very disappointing.
The TV’s operating system is LG’s proprietary ‘webOS’ which is cumbersome, clunky, difficult to use, and has flawed features.
Don’t bother connecting to a home media server. I have tried streaming from Kodi, Plex and Windows 10 media streaming. For Windows 10 and Kodi the TV sees the server but won’t recognise widely accepted media formats like jpg and mp4. Plex thankfully recognises photo and videos formats, however, Plex is effectively useless as the TV’s screen saver kicks in after a few minutes during a slide show or home video. There appears to be no way to disable the screen saver during Plex slide shows or video playing. There is also no ability to perform recursive slide shows.
The TV’s web browser doesn’t support Flash so I am unable to watch recorded TV programmes from the web server on the TV card on my media server.
Recording programs on the TV requires an external hard drive which is not included. The recording function is cumbersome and usually truncates the beginning or end of the program, making this feature also useless. The TV only has one tuner, so you cannot watch one programme while recording another. The user interface is very limited and does not provide any features to organise recorded programmes.
In summary, if all you want to do is watch Netflix or free to air TV then this TV is probably OK. Don’t buy this TV if you want to do anything else, like record programs or connect to a media server. Very disappointing, and I should have done more of my own due diligence before purchasing it. Avoid any device running webOS.

Model: OLED55C7T (55") Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Great picture and handy operating system

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

OLED technology produces a wonderful picture. It shows up 4K movies/shows on Netflix really well.
Integration is done very well. Simple connectivity to Apple TV, home theatre system, USB, wifi, and iDevices.
iPhone app is useful for those lazy times when the remote requires climbing out of reclining couch heaven or if you're in the other room and need turn the kids shows down a bit.
Operating system is useful for not just free-to-air but also for accessing Netflix, Stan, Youtube and the other on-demand streaming sites.

Model: OLED65C7T (65") Date Purchased: Jun 2017

The best of the best

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

If you're looking for a quality TV with AMAZING picture then this is the one. From the built in Netflix app, to the speed of the functions I cannot fault it. When I have friends over they always comment on how good everything looks on the screen. A show stopper.

Model: OLED65C7T (65") Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Simply the best

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

OLED is amazing the quality, colour and sharpness is unlike anything else. Can have a sound bar but seriously it’s not required. Anyone who purchase this tv will not be disappointed. Super thin for stand or wall. Love it the best thing I have purchased. Don’t think twice if you are thinking of getting one!

Verified Purchase Model: OLED65C7T (65") Date Purchased: May 2017

OLED is AMAZING!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2018

The panel on this OLED TV is amazing. Pure blacks, deep colours, excellent contrasts. It's best feature is the picture quality. It has plenty of apps to install. I run Netflix through it, and it also even has a Dolby Vision/Atmos demo app with a dozen or so clips with beautiful imagery and sound. Perfect for showing off your system. Plenty of professional tweaking options for pro users, or even basic ones for the every day watcher. It comes with enough HDMI inputs for basic equipment. It is best to use a AV receiver though to get the most out of it. It even has the HDMI ARC feature which runs audio back down into an receiver without the need for an optical cord. Supports 4K viewing @60Hz and HDR10. An amazing TV overall, and totally kills LED, QLED and LCD monitors..

Purchased at: The Good Guys

• 6 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: OLED65C7T (65") Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Fantastic picture! As good as expected.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

Bought it 6 months ago but didn't get around to using it until 3 months ago. We use it mainly for Switch games, but the odd TV show or movie. In a bright room, not a dedicated darkened TV room, so this might affect how others review the screen quality. Picture is sharp, bright. Sound is decent. We don't use the Smart features much, but prefer this to the Android-based systems we've used at others' houses. Remote control easy to use; smart phone app is even easier.

Purchased at: Bing Lee

Sydney, Australia

• 3 comments
  • 12 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Model: OLED65C7T (65") Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Amazing picture, and great features once you work them out.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2018

Had this TV for 8 months now so can give it a fairly decent and honest review. Initially tricky to set up through an AV receiver running components like Xbox and the new Telstra TV, especially if the AVR isn't HDR/dolby vision compatible - took ages to work that one out as you have to configure each individual HDMI port on the tele, or connect the components directly into the TV bypassing video through the AVR. Took a lot of reading the instructions to figure out the best tweaks for picture quality etc but found setting it to HDR turned out the best. Vision is amazing and someone even said recently it looked like a 3-D image the picture was so sharp on one of the 'Transformers' movies. The 'talking into the' remote often gives weird results and can't be relied on, but is fun to bung on a few different accents and see what it comes up with! The onboard speakers are quite good and being atmos, really do send the audio around the room - we mainly do sound through the AVR which connects to a decent surround sound system.

Now the negatives - the shop said I couldn't put the TV on my roof racks when I bought it so I had to organise a courier, meaning extra cost. The box is big, and can't be laid flat. The tv screen is very thin and seems to flex a bit and you can't touch it anywhere with pressure so you will need help to mount it, especially on a swinging wall bracket. So, fragility is my only negative with the product. Treat it with respect and gentle hands (put mittens on!) and you won't damage her.

Batehaven

Model: OLED55C7T (55") Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Awesome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2018

Picture quality on this tv has never been seen before! It is absolutely astounding. Crystal clear and makes you think you are in the tv! I could not have asked for a better tv. Sound quality is great although id prefer a bit more bass. LG has outdone itself again.

Model: OLED65C7T (65") Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Sometimes Good and Sometimes Great

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2018

Before I brought this TV I did a lot of looking; 2 years; before buying this TV. I was replacing it with a Sony CRT 36'' 90kg monster that has the best picture ever and cost me $5500 nearly 20yrs ago. It was an HD 1080i set and still looks amazing. I always searched for a TV that would have the same or better image when watching the News, Sports, or Normal TV. None exist. Bit the bullet and brought this as no other TV made today has a better picture to me then OLED. This TV is Good for normal TV, But Great for BLU RAY, NETFLIX and 4K, this is a High End TV , just try to get the lowest price. Also brought a Hisense 75 N7 as a budget buy for second/kids lounge as a compare. My first LCD/LED TV. Great TV for the price/size. BUT...OLED WINS for me and my family. Just buy it and enjoy as you will have it for the next 5 years plus. Only gave it 4 stars as the remote is too small and does not have an info button and button lay out is ideal for a small child...my 4 yrs old loves this remote. I brought an LG full size TV remote. TV guide, remote and on screen lay out are worst then HISENSE. LG need to read this and look at Hisense TVs to get an extra star from me.

Perth

Model: OLED65C7T (65") Date Purchased: Jun 2017

What's QLED? XD Serious...I have STAUNCHLY bought Samsung; but they screwed up. Hi LG!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2018

I'm not going to write down piles of words - the two reasons being no one cares and I can't be bothered - but the LG OLED C7 65" TV is a ripper.

My next door neighbour has the 65" Samsung QLED - and I will grant that it did look impressive! - it just didn't look like an LG OLED. I can write down all the specifications of why that is the case - but no one likes a smart-bottom. The QLED is mutton dressed up like lamb. The OLED LG is the real deal.

BURN IN...? I use this as my main monitor - so it serves as my TV/movie screen as well as my computer monitor - and you are talking 'whack'. I've left it on for hours with the same image on the screen and never had the issues that the old Plasma's used to give you at times (and seriously....were they all that bad anyway?).

Again! Stupid people giving reviews based on 'I spent money so I want it to be perfect'. It just isn't going to happen. Do you even know whaat the difference is between an OLED and a QLED...? Feedback is welcome...I am open to learning new ideas and concepts that i don't know already...so that I can make informed decisions in the future...

*boomboom...tssccch*

Peace
The Captain

Model: OLED65C7T (65") Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Fantastic TV

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2018

This TV is fantastic. I've never seen a better picture. OLED technology is definitely ahead of others. The picture on this OLED TV is amazing...the darks and blacks, the best we've ever seen even with ambient light in the room. Our TV Shows/Movies look awesome. Viewing is good wherever you sit.
We use it with Apple TV and it's great--but then we have a lot of stuff on our computers that we want to access and view. The LG ecosystem it is smart on its own and wouldn't really need a separate system.

Model: OLED55C7T (55") Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Great TV - Shame about the company service when it goes wrong.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2018

First TV we had lasted six weeks before the screen started playing up, then the power supply went as well. LG only offered to replace the screen and power supply. Should have just offered to swap it. There customer service was appalling, you could not contact anyone in LG Australia, overseas call centre and they didn’t care. LG outsource you to a local repair firm, they were ok. LG did did not care about customer service and would not respond to my communication. No wonder the company got fined for this issue. Fortunately we bought it from JB HIFI Brighton and they were great picked it up and replaced it with a new unit which so far has been good.

Purchased at: JB Hifi Home

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

NSW

• 15 helpful votes

Model: OLED65C7T (65") Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Great TV - amazing quality and ultra thin

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2018

Very impressive picture, excellent features and the best GUI I have seen on a TV. After using this TV it is difficult to watch any non OLED TV again.

The only downside is the LG warranty experience that although I haven’t used for this particular TV, know is not great. Something to take into consideration when comparing with other models.

Model: OLED55C7T (55") Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Stunning image

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

This TV is ideal for watching sport, movies, television and video games. My whole family uses it, and my son in particular loves it. He tells me that this is the perfect TV for running video games with intense graphics. And to my surprise, when we first bought the TV in January, it was much lighter than any TV I'd ever had before. Would definitely recommend!

• 1 review
  • 1 question

Verified Purchase Model: OLED65C7T (65") Date Purchased: May 2017

Burnt Image on screen

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

We have the ‘Today’ tv logo image burnt permanently on our OLED65C7T screen. We have done the pixel refresher setting on the tv numerous times, but without any success. I didn’t think this was possible with a tv of this quality, any advice or help to remove the image would be appreciated.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

Model: OLED65C7T (65") Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Beautiful TV

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2018

The picture quality on this tv is absolutely beautiful I have never seen this quality on any of the TVs I have owned.
The speakers are amazing and you don’t need it up very loud for it to be enough to hear.
The operating system is smooth and easy to use. However the HDMI ports are in behind the TV and it’s hard to reach if the TV is near a wall.

Sydney

• 4 helpful votes

Model: OLED55C7T (55") Date Purchased: Aug 2017

wow! black is BLACK now! Stunning image qualilty

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

i am hard to please when it comes to tvs and it was quite a saga until i found this tv which satisfied me. first i bought a samsung 4k tv, but it had a dead pixel so it went back to the seller. then i bought a hisense 4k tv but the image quality was not good at all and the menu kept crashing. so i thought: ok, i'll exchange the hisense for one of the best rated tvs at the time: this one. the first thing which stands out are the colors, and the blackness of the black. it's unbelievable. it's really a new level of watching tv. streaming 4k content via netflix or stan is breathtaking. I still remember watching the animation moana, the first 4k movie i've seen on the tv. i was in disbelief how detailed everything was.
the smart apps work just fine, streaming stan and netflix or sbs on demand is no problem, so is youtube. remote has voice-control which is handy too. ports are ok too. speakers are nothing special but i bought a sonos soundbar which is a great addon and was easy to install.
overall i'm very happy to have spent the $2700. i've never spent that much on a tv, but this one is worth it.
only negative i have to point out, which is unfortunately the case with all smart tvs i've tested is that the picture gets blurry and show strange artefacts in fast-moving scences e.g. action movies. it's a shame that even a $2700 tv is struggling, but all tvs are like that - i haven't found a tv which can handle that. i'm using the "smooth" motion blur feature on this one which is not too bad. hopefully in a few years this issue will be resolved by a new generation of tvs.

• 4 answers

Verified Purchase Model: OLED65C7T (65") Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Awesome picture quality with some minor drawbacks

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2018

I've had this TV since Feb 2018 and overall I'm quite happy with it, good colour contrast, wide colour gamut and when you speak with another OLED tv owner, they'll know what you mean when you say the black is black! Sometimes when it pans to a dark scene for a while, I thought the tv has turned off.

Now the drawbacks:
1. Vertical banding. This is something of a manufacturing defect and I've called LG and sent them pics of it and often times it falls within their acceptable limit but it can be quite annoying when it's a grey-ish. You can test it yourself in youtube and look for 5% grey.

2. Susceptible to burn ins. The guys at Rting on Youtube is still running a test on this but if you have a static image on the screen for too long, it will be there permanently. There's a function in the tv called pixel refresher to help with that but I haven't had that problem of burn ins but it is definitely worth turning on any screensavers on your devices streaming/casting to it. The tv has a default screensaver that turns on after 2 minutes.

Purchased at: VideoPro