This product has been discontinued by LG.

Brisbanr

Model: VS8401SCW (Red) Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Best ever stick vacuum

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

I use my machine on tiles and carpet. This machine is so good that it makes me feel like a dirty person because of the amount of fluff, dirt and cat hair that it picks up. The machine has a couple of speed settings and when I do carpet I up the power by one level. It is simply great. Not too heavy and comes with 2 batteries which I have found very handy. Would highly recommend this machine.

Model: VS8402SCW (Silver) Date Purchased: Sep 2018

LG CordZero Handstick Vacuum Cleaner

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2018

Reviewed the Dyson v10 first on youtube but after using both decided on LG Cord zero. You get two batteries so you have at least 50 minutes of vac time. The hard floor head swivels sides ways and allows you to get under you beds easier. You can leave it on with out having your finger on the trigger. Also you can press the + button for a few seconds and it toggles to full suction then when released goes back to low suction. Was cheaper then the Dyson by $150. Purchased my from Harvey Norman and got a $70 voucher as well. I still need my normal vac at times but and its heavy then the Dyson with 20% less suction but i have no issues using on my wooden floors.

new south wales

Model: VS8401SCW (Red) Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Very powerful for a cordless vac

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2018

Very surprised when we got this back home from the shops that it performed perfectly and hadn't even been fully charged. It picks up loads of debry from the floor. Charge time vary from an hour to two and about the same using time which is great as I get the entire house done on a charge. Very pleased to own the LG cordless

Purchased at: Appliances Online

Model: VS8402SCW (Silver) Date Purchased: May 2018

Multi use product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

This is a terrific little stick-vac! We bought it for our FL home, which is half carpet and half tile (it has a setting for either carpet or flooring). You know it's working because the cup fills with gray fuzz & dirt. It's easy to empty and use again for the grandkids' messes. I am going to buy another one for my main residence in Michigan. It's not too loud and a pleasure to use. Even my 3-yr old granddaughter likes to vacuum for me - that's how light it is!

Model: VS8402SCW (Silver) Date Purchased: Feb 2016

This is the best cordless vac Iv owned so far

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

This has been the best cordless vac I have ever owned having even had used a Dyson before. This cordless vac lasts a long time on a single charge and dose about 200sqm in a single charge! It's very powerful and cleans very well picking up small and large bits of dust and dirt too

Purchased at: JB Hi-Fi

Model: VS8402SCW (Silver) Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Powerful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

I was weary of spending such a large amount of money ($900) on a vacuum cleaner but it is certainly a case of you pay for what you get. They are many cheaper vacuums on the market but they really don't compare to this one. I had previously purchased a cheaper vacuum and was disappointed from the beginning. I had to spend a lot of extra time going over and over the same spot of carpet trying to suck up gunk that this machine can get no worries. If you are after a powerful machine that will work on all types of floors the first time around, is easy to use and has a huge battery time (dual batteries that last for 80 mins) then this is the only vacuum you should purchase.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

• 3 comments
  • 7 answers
  • 26 helpful votes

Model: VS8401SCW (Red) Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Brilliant...better than Dyson!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

I’ve been using this for six weeks...every day...so this is a genuine review I’m writing as I depend on reviews to purchase big ticket items. I am/was a Dyson person, I’ve always used Dyson vacuums including corded and stick. My stick vacuum was playing up big time and I went to phone Dyson only to have to wait over an hour to speak to an operator. Nope, not happening, bad form Dyson. Battery time was also terrible on the stick and it was cutting out after just minutes. Anyway, I read some reviews and bought an LG cordless. It was $300 cheaper than the cordless Dyson I was considering. I have no regrets! It does a fantastic job on my carpets and hard floors, it picks up as much as the corded Dyson. It goes well into corners, is lightweight and the button stays on, no trigger button like on my Dyson cordless. Battery life is great, I can do my whole house on one battery and if that runs out, hey presto! A second battery is ready to go. It’s awesome! I love the stand alone docking station too. All up, it’s vastly superior to my Dyson stick by miles. Two batteries, an on off button (versus the trigger that constantly has to be pressed for the Dyson), washable filters. Five stars from me...can’t fault it after daily use.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Dubb0

• 1 comment
  • 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Fantastic vacuum

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

I have tiles and carpet floor and my cord zero moves from one to the other with ease. You can boost the power which I do in the high traffic areas and it lifts the pile. It’s very easy to empty and clean I have gone from vacuuming once a week to giving the floor a quick vacuum every day and a more thorough vacuum once a week as it is easy just remove from the stand and get vacuuming. No cords no big clumsy bags to empty just hold the head over a bin and flick a switch

• 1 review

Model: VS8403SCWL (Blue) Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Vac is good but could be better

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2018

It has reasonable suction and the spare battery is great also the fact you press a button and it keeps going, no trigger to hold. It can be hard to push across carpet mats. My biggest dislike is it is hard to see the collection bowl that is very dark and only has a very small capacity in comparison to our old one.

Campbell town, SA

Model: VS8404SCW (Lime) Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Love the colour lime

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2018

This may sound strange but I bought this as I loved the lime colour model and how sleek the vacuum looks. Take a while to work out how it all works but once you get going it's easy and the handle is very firm and feels right in your hands

Purchased at: Target Australia

South Yarra

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: VS8401SCW (Red) Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Love it !!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

This is my fave purchase this year ! I chose this over the Dyson as the LG you don’t need to hold the handle down the entire time. You also get two batteries, and I didn’t really have anywhere to hang the Dyson with power that was convenient and the LG comes with a stand so I can move it wherever I want and pop it out of the way so it doesn’t look untidy! It also does my entire two story house without running out of battery! Go the LG!

Model: VS8403SCWL (Blue) Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Moved from Dyson to this - very happy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

Our Dyson v6 (purchased Aug 2015) starting having trouble engaging the brush bar and since we purchased it through Harvey Norman we put in a claim through our product care. They reimbursed us our cost price and we had to choose a new vacuum. The salesperson pointed me to the LG and mentioned that she rarely sees these come back.

The bottom line for us was the cost. You get so much more bang for your buck with this model and it’s great. Easy to use, nice looking design, easy to clean filters (I especially love that they give you a spare filter so you’re not out of action when your cleaning the other one). We love that is quieter than the previous vaccums we’ve had too. I love cordless vacs and I’m never going back! I loved my Dyson but I just wasn’t willing to pay the $1000 they were asking for the latest model

Australia, Darwin

• 2 helpful votes

Model: VS8404SCW (Lime) Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Very well made and great sucktion

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2018

We have been so pleased since buying the LG cordzero. It's sucktion is fantastic and gets down into the carpet very well. It's light weight so easy to move about the house and works great under our main table. The handle is firm and holds in the hand very well

Model: VS8401SCW (Red) Date Purchased: May 2018

Perfect

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2018

I bought it from harvey norman the suction is awsome very light without any corde easy to maneuver It is effective on floorboards, tiles and carpet and the two batteries are worth it as a back up for major cleaning days. You can change the head easily. i highly recommend it

Mount waverley victoria 3149

• 1 question

Model: VS8402SCW (Silver) Date Purchased: May 2018

This. Vacume was good but spend less at Kmart and it works as good

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

I used it mainly downstairs in large family room it’s light and easy to manuver.;I have a lot of cat and dog hair to clean up it’s easier than pulling out the rather large ducted vacuumed downstairs and having to roll up again. So if there’s an accident or animal hair needs a daily once over I found that it was quite suitable and much better at getting into corners than those round self directed vacuumed ad much as I wish they would b efficient then I would sit down and take a break. Overall quite satisfied

Model: VS8401SCW (Red) Date Purchased: May 2018

Love it!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

I really love this vacuum cleaner. Very easy to use. Very easy to clean. No more dragging a corded vacuum round the house like a reluctant puppy. No more sore back after vacuuming, either. Goes from tiles to carpet with ease. Much quieter than the corded one. Remove the attachments and it's a nifty little hand vac, too. Great for the little clean ups on furniture. Two batteries make all the difference. Use one to clean little used rooms, then the other to turbo clean the lounge.

Sydney

• 3 helpful votes

Model: VS8403SCWL (Blue) Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Excellent vacuum, reasonably priced (vs Dyson)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

Bought this vacuum from Harvey Norman for $480 and have been very happy with the performance on my carpet floor. Pick up dirt and very easy to move around. It is not too noisy (at least for me), and the maintenance of the filter seems easy. The bed vacuum tool is very useful too. Time to ditch overpriced Dyson, you can only get the outdated v6 model for $400.

• 1 review

Model: VS8402SCW (Silver) Date Purchased: Jun 2018

BEST HAND VAC OUT THERE

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2018

As a worker of a retail store that stocks these items as well as its competitors I could not give these guys a higher rank for their well thought of design and aspects. LG are commonly known for only doing well in home appliance and TV quality, with their robot vacuum being the poorest of qualities, however they have redeemed themselves with these hand vacs.

DYSON is a good brand but you have to pay more for more suction power and run time however through the whole LG range you pay more for accessories without sacrificing the others. You get a carpet head and a hard floor head with most of the LG range but you don't with DYSON. LG gives you removable batteries which are easier to remove than dyson and with 2 of their vacs you get 2 batteries. Another plus with LG is that you get a standing charger base which is perfect for people renting and cannot drill into walls. I feel as though LG has really thought about their items before releasing. Would recommend over DYSON.

I was also a DYSON user before discovering these beauties.
And a lot of customers who bu LG stick vacs off me always come back to compliment and thank me for recommending such a good product. 10/10.

Melbourne

• 4 helpful votes

Model: VS8401SCW (Red) Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Outperforms it’s pricey competitor on all fronts. Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

I bought this a month ago in frustration at the money I wasted in Dyson stocks (2 of them!). It is in a similar price bracket to Dyson but I felt the cheaper end of the market would not manage the space I have. It is powerful and lightweight and is great for both touch ups and whole of house cleaning. The attachments that come with it are all you need so I didn’t buy the added attachments pack they were urging me to buy although if you have a particular need you may want to do that.
It is effective on floorboards, tiles and carpet and the two batteries are worth it as a back up for major cleaning days. You can change the head easily. The drum for lint is small and like all of them does fill up but easy to empty. I use a slim metal instrument to grab compacted dust if I have overdone it and all comes out easily. I am happy with the purchase and hope it does not cut out all the time but so far has been a joy to use and reliable. The telescopic feature is handy too so you can adjust to what is comfortable to use.

Penrith

Model: VS8402SCW (Silver) Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Great way to charge and cleans floors easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2018

We love how this vacume charges in its dock and is very compact and fits in our small spaced lawndrey. The handle is very nice to hold and at the right higher for me and my partner. The cord for the charger could be longer but was probably designed to be placed close to a power socket

1 of 3 pages

Hi there...do you get an attachment brush/thingy for vaccying along the skirting boards? Your review has me convinced this is the vaccy for me

Dee M asked on Oct 03, 2018

Answer this

Yes you do, the extra attachments clip on to the docking station when not in use.

Yes you get several attachments. I’m loving it I vacuuming most days as it’s on a stand charging and so easy. It also has a booster setting for the carpet for a deeper clean and goes from tiles to carpet no problem. Hope you enjoy it.

And I clean forgot to mention in my review...I have three dogs and a cat! Who all live inside with us. The LG vacuum has no problems at all with the hair and fits under things so easily so under my beds are now spic and span. I couldn’t do this with the Dyson, it was too bulky. The LG was good for cleaning the car too...no more running out battery! I just swap batteries over when one runs down.

What happens when they batteries die, as in totally die, can you buy a new battery? Or do you have to buy a whole new cleaner? If you can just buy a new battery how much does it cost per battery?

BrisDavid asked on Sep 28, 2018

Answer this

Our LG does have a spare battery and have had no need to replace one. I would assume you could purchase another one but would not know the cost

Yes I understand that they come as a standard with two [2] batteries. My question is, when the two [2] batteries die can I buy a new battery or do I have to buy a new cleaner? If I can just buy the battery how much is a single battery cost ??

VS8402SCW (Silver)

Could anyone advise of performance on "shaggy" carpet? Any help woild be appreciated. I wnt to buy this for an 84 year lady as it is very light but still with good performance. She has used ours which us used on tiles and very low cut carpets. GeorgeP

GeorgeP asked on Oct 17, 2016

Answer this

Not enough suction for shaggy carpet, My mum 76 got the Electrolux and works well being light.

See all 6 questions about LG CordZero Handstick

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

Weight 2.8kg 2.8kg 2.8kg 2.8kg
Battery Type Lithium Ion Lithium Ion Lithium Ion Lithium Ion
Voltage 18V 18V 18V 18V

* Discontinued

The main difference between these models is colour