This’s perfect fridge

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2018

Hi brought the LG stainless 3 months ego keeps the food very cold it is very spacious fridge or freezer love the container for for vegetables it is so much space ezy to clean what I like most the shelves on the door so big no problem 3 later milk fit so good I recommended

Verified Purchase Model: GS-B680WL (White) Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Pleased with this purchase

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2018

Have had this fridge for 6 weeks and pleased with operation and build quality of the unit. Used a thermometer to measure temperature in fridge and freezer and found to be stable and within a degree or so of the set temperature. The compressor and fan are very quiet. Would have liked an enclosed storage compartment for medicines and a wine type bottle storage rack which is apparently optional but a retrofit does not appear to be possible. Needed to purchase a side by side door type due to small amount kitchen space in front of the unit. So, that ruled out single door and French freezer types. That said, the door arrangement is superior to the side by side Maytag this fridge replaced. Am not tempted to connect to LG support via the Wi-Fi capability. The process looks too complex - to be performed as a last resort.

Model: GS-B680PL (Stainless) Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Very good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

I purchased this fridge last year and it is awesome! It maintains a good temperature throughout and has very good storage for both freezer and fridge. It is easy to
Open but it does feel a bit heavy when opening. I especially like this fridge because I am easily able to store things in an easily accessible and organised way!

Gawler South

Verified Purchase Model: GS-B680PL (Stainless) Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Great Look, Budget Friendly, Reliable Fridge

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

We upgraded our fridge last month & couldn't be happier with our decision to buy the LG GS-B680PL! We had an older LG double door/side by side fridge that has begun to leak water and both internal lights had stopped working, so upgrading was necessary. We have always favoured the LG brand as most of our appliances are LG and have always had long life spans, durability and are user friendly. We purchased the fridge from good guys for just $1495 (minus extended warranty). Having not bought a fridge for almost 10 years, we were a little out of our league with all the technology and added extras that fridges now have (who even needs wifi & a TV on their fridge??), and were shopping for something with a good energy rating, long warranty and good size, and this fridge ticks all of the boxes. The fridge is super quiet, and also has fingerprint reduction stainless steel (great for those with sticky fingers and little ones). 687L of space, salad & veg drawers in fridge with 5 shelfs and door shelves. meat & fish drawers, plus 4 shelves in the freezer, ice tray/ice drawer, as well as 4 standard shelves. So far so good, would definitely recommend this fridge if wanting something reliable, roomy and under $1500

Model: GS-B680PL (Stainless) Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Useless vegetable drawers.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

The vegetable and fruit drawers are a waste of space. Mushrooms dry out completely in 3 days, absolutely useless for fruit and vegetables. Celery limp, carrots dry out. Too much airflow in the drawers, no regulator. I wish I had never bought it. LG ignore all my correspondence. They are probably hope I will get tired of writing.

• 3 comments
  • 9 answers

Model: GS-B680PL (Stainless) Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Excellent fridge

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

Very good fridge, designs good, easy access to the compartments, has even wifi connection even though I am not sure the main purpose. Very stylish and the door handles built into the fridge therefore getting through doors is a breeze. We have been using this for couple of weeks now and very happy with the product. LG service upto now has been very good.

Model: GS-B680PL (Stainless) Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Simple and sleek design!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2018

If you're looking for a fridge that looks unique from the rest, this is your pick! This fridge looks very sleek and doesn't have an external ice dispenser as most fridges today do. This is actually something I wanted as I was looking for a fridge that looked simple and minimalist. It's also a very quiet fridge - none of that motor sound you might find in other fridges. The external display is also not too distracting and looks great (it turns on when you open the fridge door).

Inside, there's quite a lot of space and different compartments including a moist crisp balancer for fruits and veg, side compartments for dairy and a very big bottom side compartment to put all your big cartons of milk, juice, soft drink, cordial or even wine - this is one of my favourite parts of the fridge as my previous fridge's bottom side compartments were so small and got filled up so easily.

The freezer has an ice maker on the inside which does what its supposed to do - nothing too flashy. It's also got a good amount of space and two big pull out drawers perfect for stashing away meat or frozen goodies like chicken nuggets or crumbed fish. I've found the distribution of cold air to be really good in both freezer and fridge and am seeing less 'freezer burn' in my frozen products compared to the previous fridge we had. Overall, a great fridge for a great price!

melbourne

• 1 comment
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: GS-B680WL (White) Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Great fridge

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2018

It is a functional fridge for a medium sized family. It runs quietly with beeping sound to remind you to close the fridge door. Ample space available on the doors to store drinks and bottles. The technology in which you can scan the fridge gives us a peace of mind too.

Kempsey

Model: GS-B680WL (White) Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Great fridge!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2018

Lots of storage within this fridge and plenty of compartments. Was easy to set with the digital face. The white version is super easy to clean and when purchased we didn't have to wait hours for it to cool down! Also has a good energy rating for larger fridge.
I originally purchased as my old fridge&freezer was way too small and I was hesitant on buying a chest freezer, so just bought this larger fridge freezer and have more than enough space for everything.

Tin Can Bay

Model: GS-B680WL (White) Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Cool and frosty

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2018

Bought us an upgrade in size and performance and couldn't be happier. Whisper quiet, adjustable temperature for both fridge and freezer. Large shelf space and door pockets are a bonus. Multi zone fridge and freezer sections are fantastic for separating different items that require certain temp zones. The wifi alerts via the app is also a great feature.

Purchased at: Catch (Catch Of The Day)

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Moonee beach, Nsw

• 3 comments
  • 6 answers
  • 12 helpful votes

Model: GS-B680WL (White) Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Really good cheap fridge

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2018

Picked this LG fridge up cheap when eBay has a 20% sale. Came from the good guys brand new, delivered for $950.
We really like it. Cools quick. Has quite a nice little display across the front. Has a lock function to prevent our kids from getting into it. Lots of storage space. Feels nice and solid, unlike some of the other models in this price range.
The bad thing is the ice maker is tiny but after looking around at other brands they’re all the same.

Verified Purchase Model: GS-B680WL (White) Date Purchased: Aug 2017

My onderful fridge

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

I purchase this item August 2017. Firstly the freezer is well set out and retains cold very well. I preserve fruit and veggies and it suits my needs perfectly. The fridge has many useful areas and I can't fault layout.

Very good product

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

It’s a nice spacious freez and good space for freezer as well .quite and less noise motor. Finger print proof door .easily removable self and easily cleaning it as well. Easy to adjust temp and all. Fruit and vegi stay fresh longer in it. Very happy with the product .

• 5 answers

Model: GS-B680PL (Stainless) Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Working well

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

Replaced an upside down fridge with this LG really liking the side by side. Plenty of room for freezer & fridge products, easy to access, keeps veg & friut fresh. Did originally seem a little noisy but that seems to be fine now. Glass shelves are easy to clean, crisper drawers a little tricky to totally empty but genarally happy.

• 1 review

Verified Purchase Model: GS-B680PL (Stainless) Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Great fridge freezer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

Pro's: More than adequate storage room in the fridge.
Very quite running
Maintains temperature to desired set point.

Con's: Very easy to jam your fingers between the fridge and freezer doors if you don't use the insert door handles on the fridge / freezer.
Small ice cube tray, not worth using

Purchased at: Appliances Online

• 9 helpful votes

Model: GS-B680PL (Stainless) Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Good but more improvement can done

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2018

It's quite, easy to clean and good value to money.
However, LG could do better with design, for example can add more shelf , add eggs compartment tray, can also add can/wine bottle holder like one in Westighouse. It's massive 680L refrigerator where 40% of those space wasted due to lack of shelf. I am only disappointed with utilizing total 680L space as I bought in impression that it's bigger than other competitors.
I have see frost building in my freezer which I escalated to LG support. Technician is due to visit and fix that. Not entirely happy with this unit. It could be faulty unit but I purchased it after reading so many good reviews here.
If I get second chance I will buy westinghouse or Hisense next time.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 answer

Model: GS-B680PL (Stainless) Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Great fridge

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2018

Nice and quiet is really cold and always keeps cold, its super easy to clean the shelves and temperatures are always consistent.
It doesnt get finger marks easily on the stainless which is great if you have little ones. Happy with my purchase and will definitely recommende this fridge to someone

Model: GS-B680PL (Stainless) Date Purchased: Feb 2016

Best fridge.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2018

We have had this for a few years and love it. It quiet and very easy to clean. The compartments are great as it has dividers to help us put food in the right spots. Stainless is very nice so I would recommend this one. Customer service is great and helpful

Brisbane

• 1 comment
  • 1 question

Verified Purchase Model: GS-B680WL (White) Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Cools quickly, ample storage and sturdy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

Well-built fridge with strong tempered glass shelves and sturdy door baskets and drawers. The clever use of internal storage space gives 422L of fridge capacity and 265L of freezer capacity. It cools quickly to reach the set temperatures, and the bright white LED lights make it easy to see everything in the fridge at a glance. The LG Inverter Linear Compressor is so quiet you have to put your ear close to the side of the fridge to hear it. Other handy features include "Smart Diagnosis" and a door open alarm that is less intrusive than my previous Samsung fridge. Also, the chrome-trimmed hidden pocket handle gives it a more elegant, streamlined and minimalist look.

This fridge is has an Energy Rating of 3 stars and its energy consumption is 565kWh/year.

• 1 answer
  • 5 helpful votes

Model: GS-B680PL (Stainless) Date Purchased: May 2017

Absolutely classy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2018

The most quiet fridge ever, very elegant and the compartments are extremely useful. Having two veg/fruit baskets is so very useful for me as I use the top one for the stuff that needs to be used first and any newer stuff in the bottom one so products do not ever get wasted. Cleaning is very easy, does not even get too dirty.

1 of 3 pages