Tenambit, New South Wales, Australia

• 2 questions
  • 38 answers
  • 35 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Purchase Model: MS4296OBSS (Black Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Nice Looker but let down by Programs.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

I bought this in September 2018 to replace an old Sharp.
My first impressions were how clean, stylish and modern it looked.
The swipe feature at the front is easy to master and a nice touch.
The hidden functions behind the door is also a nice touch and now after using the oven I can see why they hid them.
Simply this micro wave is flawed like so many others because their programs just don't work as well as they should.
i tried the defrost , weighed the meat, looked at the cook time and knew straight away this would cook the meat and sure enough that is what happened.
Next I tried cooking rice in the special menu section, and once again the times were way too long and the rice .
came our like a piece of rubber, the rice also boiled over into the microwave once again showing that the presets are wrong.
If you want to cook rice do it by trial and error using the manual cook or just buy yourself a cheap rice cooker it will do a better job.
I can recommend the use of a microwave, any microwave that I have ever owned for one thing,and that is to reheat food the rest is just for show.

Purchased at: Appliances Online

Verified Purchase Model: MS4296OSS (Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Simple, elegant, reliable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

The product looks beautiful, functions are easy to use, food is cooked evenly every time. Interior is easy to clean, the 42L model is the perfect size where as the 23L is a little small in my opinion. This microwave does its job well, purchased from Good Guys, would have loved this in stainless steel black but was not available at the time.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Model: MS4296OBS (Black) Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Great!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

It’s been a pretty good microwave. Heats and defrosts as it should. The inner plate is a bit wobbly and the start button can be a bit touchy sometimes - you have to really make sure you finger is over it properly. But it’s a stylish design and in terms of its heating I have been impressed.

HORNET BANK

Model: MS4296OBSS (Black Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Decent microwave for the size

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2018

Bought this around 8 months ago. We decided to get one without a turn table and boy did it make our lives easier. The cleaning process of this microwave is so easy, we just wipe the sides and flatbed.
This microwaves is also very strong and can heat up food very quickly. There is a cooling mode which automatically switches on when the microwave gets to hot after using it. However the noise is a bit loud.
The exterior design is sleek and minimalist. Buttons are easy to press and instructions are quite clear.
Overall very satisfied with this purchase!

• 4 answers

Model: MS4296OBS (Black) Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2018

Best microwave I have ever bought so easy to use I used a sensor cooking to cook potatoes and when it stopped they were perfect I love the little tune it plays when it is finished. very good price I can highly recommend this microwave easy to clean looks great too

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Central Coast Sydney

• 4 answers
Private message

Verified Purchase Model: MS4296OBSS (Black Stainless Steel)

Very Pleased

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2018

Purchased an LG brand microwave as the other LG brand items in my home, work well.
My 15 year old Sharp microwave (sadly no longer with us) was an 800wt so I am still getting use to this new LG 1200wt oven. Things cook far quicker than the old one but finding it fairly easy to use.

Grantham

Model: MS4296OWS (White) Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Excellent quality - heats things FAST

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2018

Excellent quality - heats things FAST! Sometimes we have to reduce microwave time shorter than heating instructions because this microwave is so powerful. Also looks really nice and is easy to use. The one odd thing (could be viewed as good or bad) is that the time display does not stay on. After a period of time the display turns off and you have to hit a button to get it to turn on. This is only a downside for us because it's the only clock in the kitchen, but it's not a big deal and doesn't take away from the quality for us.

Purchased at: Appliances Online

Verified Purchase Model: MS4296OBS (Black) Date Purchased: Jul 2018

A Stylish Microwave

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

We recently purchased this LG microwave in Black. It’s sleek and stylish front is black glass and looks great in our kitchen. Easy to use with the quick timer on the touch pad on the front. When you open the door there is another touch pad for a lot more options. Would recommend this product.1200w power.

Adelaide

• 1 question
  • 27 helpful votes

Model: MS4296OBSS (Black Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Great microwave!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

I’ve owned three microwaves and this is by far the best one I’ve ever owned. I love the sleek look; with no buttons but more of a touch pad. I also love how the main controls are in inside the unit door. Internally the microwave is super easy to clean; it appears to be a non stick, you just wipe it down. The microwave heats food evenly and quickly. The defrost function defrosts meat just right; with no dry cooked edges. Overall a great unit!

Model: MS4296OBS (Black) Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Great microwave

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2018

I had been searching for a good microwave for quite some time. I was surprised at how cheap some of the ones on the market look and wanted something sleek that would blend in with my new kitchen. This was the perfect choice!

I really don't have anything negative to say about this microwave. I'd highly recommend it!

Model: MS4296OBSS (Black Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Jan 2017

PERFECT

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

Very minimalistic, yet functions smoothly and perfectly. Easy to use ! Someone who is looking for a fast and a microwave that does the job, definitely look into this NEOCHEF! 9/10. Needs some improvement, but nothing is perfect ... It warms and cooks everything to perfection and opens and closes very easily

Risdon Park

Model: MS4296OSS (Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Awesome Product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

The food is heated efficiently and quickly with a nice even heat throughout the meal the texter is great and when I need a quick feed on the run it’s great and efficient and makes life easy sometimes especially when I’m busy so buy one and enjoy the benefits for sure

• 2 helpful votes

Model: MS4296OBS (Black) Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Cooks to perfection

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

As there are only 2 of us now and we needed a new Microwave for our newly refurbished kitchen. It cooks everything to perfection as is easy to use. We needed a Microwave that opened out to the left and this was the only one that did. Pleased so far with this purchase.

Melbourne

• 2 helpful votes

Model: MS4296OSS (Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Converted to loving my microwave

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2018

I'm normally a microwave skeptic. Patchy reheating, half-cooked meat when defrosting.. basically a pretty average experience and I mostly used it to melt butter, reheat leftovers and heat up wheat packs.

I'm pretty much converted to using this thing all the time. If you use its smart settings, it actually does a really great job. Cooks fresh veggies well, defrosts without half cooking meat, reheats without destroying the texture of everything. The keep warm function is excellent and really handy too. And finally, a microwave door you can open and close without waking up the baby! It's easy to clean, too. I like the feature of opening the whole front of the unit and concealing most of the buttons.

I could do without the little jingles it plays at the end, while defrosting, and those regular reminders when it's finished (I'm not likely to forget I put something in there for 2 minutes!). But ultimately at least it's a cheerful tune and even though we all end up whistling it randomly, it's much quieter than our old microwave and far less annoying. It would be excellent to have the option to mute it.

If you're trying to decide whether to get this one, go for it. I doubt you'll regret it.

Melbourne

Model: MS4296OBS (Black) Date Purchased: Aug 2017

To easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

This microwave is by far the easiest one to use on the market. It’s so simple and with such a sleek design it’s the best. I’ve had this microwave for a couple of years now and nothing has broken or stopped working over the time that I have had it.

• 1 answer
  • 6 helpful votes

Model: MS4296OSS (Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Great Buy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

This replaced a very old microwave of the same capacity. What we first noticed was the smaller footprint. We were then pleasantly surprised by the many functions and found the sensor so easy and convenient to cook and reheat. The noise was not a problem because our old model was much worse. 24 Month warranty is a bonus that competitors were not offering. The instruction book is comprehensive and easy to read. The interior is well lit when in use. I found the touch pad on the door a little small and needed to train myself to find the right spot but this is a minor inconvenience. I did my research first and am very pleased with this buy. We wanted the Black model but got the SS for the same price when Black was unavailable. It looks good and is the same except for the exterior.

Walkerston

Model: MS4296OBS (Black) Date Purchased: May 2018

Perfect amazing

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

Great easy to use sleek design great product highly recommend works well and fast The self cleaning function is amazing it would be awesome if u could see the food cooking through the glass or if the glass could be removed to clean it doesn’t use much power and it’s perfect

Sydney

• 1 answer

Model: MS4296OBS (Black) Date Purchased: Aug 2017

couldn't be happier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2018

l bought this microwave last year from kmart as it was on sale. it works all well with no dramas at all. couldn't be happier with it so far. it is reasonably quiet and work efficiently, it heats foods evenly hot and it is very easy to clean. it is also very stylish with its whole body in black.

Model: MS4296OBSS (Black Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Looks good and works well

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2018

Bought this at Harvey Norman, bit pricy but everyone who has been over at our place has mentioned that it looks pretty nice, works well and size is good too. Latest technology, heats food evenly, fast heating as it's powerful. Buttons are easy to operate and safe around kids too.

Ballarat

Model: MS4296OBS (Black) Date Purchased: Jul 2017

It matches our dark cabinets perfectly

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2018

Just for new dark cabinet finishings in our renovated kitchen pack and our silver standard microwave just didn't match so went to Kmart and bought this as it was on sale. It heats the food up like it should and is super easy to clean out of it gets messy

Purchased at: Kmart

1 of 11 pages

MS4296OBS (Black)

Hi All, We had a National that died and resurrected our old Sharp and were reminded why we changed. The Sharp has a very annoying 'feature' that keeps beeping at you if you don't respond (open door, turn product etc) within one minute. They still advertise it as a feature. No, it's just plain annoying and let me turn the feature OFF. My question is: Does the LG beep just when the heating time has finished or does it continue to remind you because apparently we're thick? There's nothing in the manual about end time. Thanks in advance for your help. Cheers Ken

Ken Benson asked on Mar 28, 2018

Answer this

It reminds you with a tune so if you find a beep annoying the tune will drive you crazy

Choice says one of the bad points of this microwave is that it has 'Only OK visibility through door'. Is anyone finding the visibility through the door an issue ?

Jo_L asked on Feb 06, 2018

Answer this

You can't see through the door at all. But why did you need to see through the door? Im sure you remember what you put in there, by seeing through the door, i dont think you can judge how hot is the food. Dont be lazy, just open the door and check.

Jo_L.. We recently purchased one and find that having the settings hidden behind the door is just a pain and downright stupid.
Even the controls on the outside of the door are difficult to see if the room is not well lit.
I am a big fan of LG products but seriously regret buying this microwave.

MS4296OWS (White)

Is a cavity 563 W x 335 H x 500 mm D suitable for housing this microwave oven? Ie what are minimum clearances required? Thanks, 08Skyway

08Skyway asked on Jan 02, 2018

Answer this

50mm Front, Sides and Top. Rear needs at least 125mm. This is generic specifications, you would need to consult the manual if you wish to use lower than this.

See all 5 questions about LG NeoChef MS4296

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

MS4296OBS (Black) MS4296OSS (Stainless Steel) MS4296OWS (White) MS4296OBSS (Black Stainless Steel)
Price (RRP) 319 349 319 379
Capacity 42 42 42 42
Power 1200 1200 1200 1200
Height 434 434 434 434
Width 540 540 540 540
Depth 310 310 310 310
Grill No No No No

The main difference between these models is colour