Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Life savier!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2018

I love t so much i dont understand why it has so many negative reviews. Iwas a little hesitant before purchasing after reading so many negative teviews but thought i will give it ago as i never had any problems with this particular brand. And of course i love it so much now! It works perfectly for us. Never too noisy and saves heaps of my time. You definitely need one if you have a little ine during winter. I highly recommend!

Melbourne

Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Lots of cleaning required

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2018

Chose LG over other brand name dryers due to a cash back promotion and am happy with the decision. This dryer is easy to use and operates quietly with many modes for different types of fabric. Love that I can choose for clothes to be cupboard dry or not. A fair bit of maintenance required cleaning out the lint filter and emptying the water tank but a great product for the price.

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Worst dryer on earth

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

This dryer is horrendous. Takes hours to dry anything. Towels up to 4 hours. Sheets forget it. The machine spins them into a ball so they don’t dry unless you constantly pull them out. Shake them open and return to dryer. I have to do this every ten minutes. It’s slow. And useless. I bought it bc I thought it would be good to save energy bill. But I’m spending more bc it takes so long to dry ANYTHING. And everything comes out so crumpled. My old cheaper one was quick dried clothes well so often if I got them out immediately I wouldn’t need to iron them. This is rubbish. It’s brand new and already I want to get rid of it. I’ll never buy another LG product. Go for a cheap 2 star rated dryer and you’ll probably really happy.

Chirnside Park, Victoria

Date Purchased: Jan 2016

"Empty Water Container" Message Problem Solved

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2017

My machine continually stopped and displayed the “empty water container” message, at about ten-minute intervals; which required me to press the Start/Pause button at each interval to get the machine working again. I have the condensed water drained-out into the laundry tub anyway.

I eventually discovered lint build-up within the lint filter slot/compartment and was able to clear most of this. During the next half-dozen times pressing the Start/Pause button at the ten-minute intervals, the machine came good and has been operating normally since.

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Worst dryer I ever had. Worst decision I ever made.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

Clothes come out looking like they have been through an old fashioned wringer and often tangled. Broke down within warranty time and LG along with Good Guys (concierge program - waste of time and money) are “making a decison”. Unsure what that means but we’ve been without s dryer for 4 weeks while they decide what to do with this useless lemon. Don’t buy this dryer. Don’t buy LG and don’t buy through Good Guys.

• 2 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 18 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

I like it, but the auto time settings are bad

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

Our laundry has bad ventilation, so we bought this dryer to stop the problem of steaming out the room. It works well - no more wet laundry! It's relatively quiet too, but it takes a long time to dry everything (much longer than our previous dryer did - maybe an hour longer?). It's easy to remove lint from, and emptying the water collection tray is effortless.

I don't mind the longer time frame, but my problem with this dryer is if I use the auto settings (cotton, bulky item, mixed fabric, etc), I pretty much have to run everything twice for the clothes to be dry. I'm not sure if the fixed time they've set for these settings are completely inaccurate, or if the auto-detection isn't way off....but it's really annoying to open the dryer and have everything still quite damp. I would have much preferred the more simple "warm, low" and set the time myself, than the fancy settings that don't work.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Good Unit - no issue with bulky items

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

We were worried after buying this dryer & the bad reviews on drying sheets. Took the advice of another review & read the instructions.
We have had no issues with sheets using the ‘bulky item’ setting.
Yes it’s a slower dryer & yes the items seem damp when removed but those things aren’t a problem if you were advised correctly at purchase. We wanted the energy saving as our first priority.
If you want a ‘crisp’ dry & faster dryer then stick to the standard less efficient & cheaper dryers.

Date Purchased: Sep 2017

huge convenience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2017

When i read some reviews in here i thought Gee maybe i should reconsider. But i tell you know READ the manual and it will deliver.
It is quiet. Well designed and efficient. You can dry loads after loads if you choose the right setting. I plumbed it to the sink so no maintenance for water at all. You need to clean the filter which is normal. But it works like a dream. As i said you need to choose the right options for it which can be more difficult for an average iq. but if you get it right it will work perfectly.

• 6 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

A little slow, but does the job

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2017

I bought this dryer to stack on top of my LG washer, and have had no issues so far.
Sheets & towels twisted into a tight, wet ball the first time I dried them (using the 'Cotton' cycle), but when using the 'Bulky Items' cycle the machine reverses every few minutes to avoid tangling. Haven't had a problem since - the machine is pretty slow to run on Eco mode, but everything comes out completely dry at the end of the cycle.
Hopefully this machine lasts a long time & I avoid the sensor issues others have experienced.

Purchased at: Appliances Online

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Doesnt dry sheets properly and slow.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

I would return this dryer if I could. It is by far the worst dryer I have ever owned. The sheets don't dry properly mad end up in a wrinkled ball of a mess. It takes hours to dry even the basic of loads. The true steam makes them far too wet compared to other models I have used. I would avoid this machine and save your money.

Yallingup

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

3 hours drying and twists large items

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2017

Have machine for two weeks.Takes over three hours to dry 3-6 kg of clothes in a 9 kg dryer. Soon as you put items larger than a T-shirt in the dryer it twists into a ball and only dries the outside. That means towels and shirts, sheets won't dry and get twisted and wrecked. LG would not return my money and suggested I open the machine every 10 minutes and rearrange the clothing!very poor service. Thank goodness Harvey Norman have offered to exchange Drive for another model.

Auckland

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Frustrating and slow!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2017

I've had this dryer for 15 months now after purchasing it as part of a pigeon pair, and it drives me up the wall.

From a base functionality perspective it dries stuff... albeit at a much slower pace than you'd expect from a new whizz bang piece of appliance kit. My ancient F&P dryer which the LG replaced, did a much better job.

The beef I have with the machine that makes me want to push it off a high cliff, is the ambiguous and completely inflexible settings. For example, if you want to dry sheets and not have them end up in a wet ball, you choose 'Bulk Items' - the problem is, this setting is preset at 2hrs... and can't be changed. So if you've only got two single sheets, you have to remember to stop the machine after 1.5hrs or they come out crispy fried. Similarly, drying a bulky king size duvet cover which needs at least 3hrs, requires a restart after 2hrs and then stopping again manually after an hour unless you want to completely overcook the damned thing.

Another setting issue - there's nowhere in the instructions to inform you what heat each of the individual settings is at. So I've got a new velvet quilt cover which can only be nuked on low heat in a tumble drier as per the label. 'Low heat', what setting is low heat? Delicates? Sports Wear? How hot is the 'Warm Air' setting?? If you take a punt and assume 'Delicates' might be low heat, the preset time for that one is locked in at 45mins?!! Too bad if you only had a couple of smalls which needed 20 mins.

Basically nothing in the drier settings table corresponds to the instructions you get off a fabric label. I'm going to sell it and getting a non-matchy matchy drier. Too bad if they look different, I don't want to deal with this badly designed piece of crap any longer.

Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Most expensive piece of crap I have ever bought

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2017

News flash. It's a dryer that doesn't dry. Try putting sheets in this. 5 hours later a ball of wet linen. Totallly useless dryer. Don't waste your time thinking you are helping the environment or going to save electricity. It's a useless dryer. And ridiculously expensive. Hate it. Hate it.

Sandstone Point

• 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Feb 2016

Poor quality Laundry Dryer that isn't capable to dry bed sheets.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2017

We bought this unit last year and are very disappointed with it's performance. Running a B&B we regularly have heaps of bed sheets to wash and dry but haven't been able to use this machine for bed sheets.
To prove this claim, here are 2 videos showing the result after 3 hours drying:

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Mountain Creek, QLD

• 2 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Great, except for sheets.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2017

I was surprised that the drum does not auto reverse as this is the only way to dry sheets without tangling into a ball. Before I considered returning the dryer I decided to contact all manufacturers of heat pump dryers that are priced under $2,000 and none of them have auto reverse, I asked them why and I wasn't able to get an answer other than "that is the way it is designed". I was even told by Bosch that sheets not drying and tangling into a ball is not considered a fault. Other than the sheets not drying I love the dryer. I do not have any of the problems that other reviewers have complained about. The sensor works perfectly no matter what I put in there, e.g, a mixed load with heavy and light items, a large load or a small load. It dries to perfection every time and very quickly.

Queenscliff NSW

Date Purchased: Jun 2015

saves power but doesn't dry sheets

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2016

We've owned one for eighteen months and use it nearly every day. The lower electricity bill was significant, about $200 per quarter saving. But it rolls sheets and blankets into a ball and they stay wet inside.
Our previous dryer was only sub-$500 but it reversed direction every now and again so didnt tangle the sheets. If you put your sheets in the old machine as you head for the airport you could come back in a week and they were crispy dry. With this new LG you come back and they are mouldy. Not good, especially for $1800
I'm sold on the idea of heat pump drier but should have spent the extra on a Miele

Purchased at: Bing Lee

VIC

• 5 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

LG dryer TD-C902H - Stopped working at 4 months

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2016

I purchased this dryer about 4 months ago and use it once a week, sometimes twice a week. So approximately 20 times since purchase and already stopped working. Every 10 minutes my machine would stop and state that I need to empty the condenser (water full) - which isn't possible because it's only been 10 minutes and when I do check, there is no water. I've checked and cleaned the lint section and there is no issues.
I've contacted LG to request for a repairer to come out to fix this issue in which the technician had cancelled as he 'attempted to contact me' (which he did not). In my disbelief, I received no cancellations notification (no calls, no emails, no messages, no voice mail) the only reason I found out about the cancellation was because I had to call LG at 9am to query what time the technician will be arriving and was told they weren't. I've made over 6 calls to LG since and apparently they are completely booked out even though I had made arrangements prior for my machine to be repaired today.
The unfortunate thing is, I took off a day to wait around to have my relatively brand new machine repaired. For the price in which I had paid for this machine, you would expect more for what you get. Service and Quality is a major let down. So disappointed LG.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 71 comments
  • 19 questions
  • 38 answers
  • 22 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Aug 2015

There is a problem?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2016

I have been very concerned with our dryer from the first day it arrived(see moaning below). Last night I took the time to read the owners manual from cover to cover again. This dryer may NEVER work efficiently for us because of a small note in the manual saying. " A high atmospheric and a small room may both increase drying time as well as energy consumption". Although we have a large house, our laundry is smallish with no permanently open window although the laundry door is permanently open. I now see this as a HUGE problem as I was NOT exaggerating when I previously said it was not EVER EVER drying with 5 hours plus on a 'damp' only load, just kept adding on hour after hour or staying on 11 minutes to go for hour after hour. Have only had two loads of dozens finish by itself without having to give in and turn off. The outside laundry door was only open as I was home. Ours rotates both ways and water vented down the sink all very good no other issues. I'm not sure weather we can keep this dryer as there will never be an open window and an outside door open only occasionally. It would never have occurred to me that this would be a problem as our house is large and the dryer should be perfect for this situation but is not working properly for us???. Are all heat pump dryers working the same as this one. Put a fan on, re-ventilate the laundry, not an option really. Will it be better in summer or worse?. Very worried and Lg you are on notice on this problem.

Purchased at: Appliances Online

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Is anyone using this machine in Brisbane climate???. Experts????. It may just be a fault but I am thinking not. The fact is it will only dry to the iron selection and will not take it any dryer,... read more »

I cannot believe how many hours this machine takes to dry 5 DAMP off the clothes line towels. Four hours, if someone can convince me this is economical I wouldn't mind so much but they were only d... read more »

After a lot of reading, a service call which replaced parts and much head scratching all round, I noticed a comment on a similar previous model, that questioned it needed a 30 cm gap at the back. ... read more »

Canberra

• 2 answers

Verified Purchase

Love this machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2016

We bought this to replace our old Beko inverter dryer - the LG is hands down the better machine. It has a large drum size capable of taking full queen size winter weight quilt and seems to perform just as effectively when only drying a very small amount (e.g., one bottom sheet). We have it plumbed into the sink so never have to worry about emptying the water container. The auto-timer feature is often a bit 'out' and the load finishes about twenty minutes before it's really dry. This doesn't worry me as I've found the same issue with every dryer I've ever used. I'm more than happy to hit the button again and it's never needed a third cycle to ensure everything's dry.

We have it stacked on top of the LG washing machine and both can run concurrently without balance or noise issues. I'm so pleased with this dryer that I recommended it unhesitatingly to other family members, who are also happy with their subsequent purchase.

• 4 helpful votes

Don't buy the TD-C902H

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 04, 2016

The TD- 902H has the same problems as the 901H. Only rotates in one direction tangles sheets into ball which then remain wet unless taken out and manually untangled. We called LG help located in PI who told us that it rotate both ways and if it didn't just unplug and rep lug and problem will be fixed! Just crap of course to get us off the line. As brand new will try to get Harvey Norman to replace with a better product. Very disappointed given LG's status as an industry leader.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 2 pages

I have the now discontinued LG TDC901H for 4 years and I have had 4 warranty claims on it. It is now designated a Lemon Machine. (Sensor codes that come up saying empty water reservoir or empty filter which are empty and error codes that aren't even in the manual, lots of downtime on this machine while the warranty runs out) I now have a store credit. I have the matching washing machine which works really well. It seems to me, that the new model LG TDC902H is no better in these reviews. And possibly that the old problems with my previous model haven't been addressed in the replacement. Does anyone know what is different or been improved, between the 2 models? (As all condenser/heat pump dryers seem to ball sheets, and I think the extended length of drying time may differ for people based on washing machines not spinning at high RPMS to reduce water in clothing before drying.

barb.anne asked on Sep 17, 2017

Does the dryer need water to run or can it run without water?

John asked on Jun 17, 2017

Answer this

The dryer needs water to run. LG supply a double connector to attach to the laundry tap so the dryer and the washing machine can be connected to the same tap. Water also needs to drain from a draining hose that can be drained into a sink or the same drain outlet as the washing machine or if the draining hose isn't used then there is a drawer that needs to be emptied after every drying cycle.

I haven't hooked mine up to water and it operates AOK. I also don't use the drain hose so have to manually empty the water tank every week or so. So basically it operates as a stand alone unit with no external connections bar power.

We purchased the td c902h dryer a few days ago but are increasingly concerned that the sensor does not work properly??. Damp clothing in small loads and large loads. Running forever and not stopping, bearing no relationship to listed eco times. Checked all listed causes and can see no problems unfortunately. Any ideas?

Mrs Smith asked on Aug 06, 2016

Answer this

Hi, I could only stand the problems with this dryer for a week. Luckily Appliances Online were very helpful to helping me upgrade to a Miele. There are heaps of bad reviews when you start looking. I did purchase an LG washer and dryer and had to return both. Miele brands were dearer but well worth it. I have had a lot of LG products but the laundry items ar letting them down. Hope you have a good outcome

We read the poor reviews but my husband insisted he wanted the lg and now I am not sure????. All the dryers had bad reviews.. Did ok in consumer magazine. I wonder if it is a 'climate,' problem lots of heat but not fully dry and then running for say 4 hours plus just for a, finish off drying medium load off the clothes line?????. Can't be good economy and then I just have to turn it off myself. I think it might run for days if I left it and still be damp????..

I've had problems with loads not being fully dry when using the automatic sensor - however, I will say that I have also experienced this with both other inverter dryers and standard dryers. I find that when I set it to "very" dry instead of "cupboard" or "ironing" it gets much closer to fully dry. I generally need to give it another fifteen-twenty minutes after the standard time runs out. This doesn't bother me - perhaps because I've always had this issue no matter the brand of dryer and so don't know any better.

It does run for a long time - up to three hours for a load of towels. Again, this doesn't really bother me because the energy rating of the dryer is such that I haven't noticed a difference in the electricity bill since we've had it...and we use it upwards of twenty hours a week.

Product Details