Very poor after-sales product support

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

We purchased 4 off Martec Albatross 72" ceiling fans of which one fan was faulty out of the box with a un-serviceable control unit. Lighting Illusion took no responsibility for the fault; insisting we contact Martec direct for the warranty. Martec have not been terribly prompt to fix our problem either.
Not interested in store policy - we paid Lighting Illusion for our product!!

Comments
Lighting Illusions Official

Hey Greg, Sorry to hear about your issue here. If the fan is installed we normally get the service agent, in this case Martec to lease directly with you as they need to arrange a time to send an el... read more »

brisbane

• 2 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Outstanding Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Ash - Sumner park. Great service Five stars what more can I say. Consistent always over the years. Happy days....

Comments
Lighting Illusions Official

Hi Mark.

Thanks for sharing your experience at Sumner Park.
Enjoy your purchase.

Online stock availability info would be great

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

Having waited 10 days for my first order to be dispatched I phoned about second order. This order was also awaiting stock arrival. Checked with Fortitude Valley store and thanks to Nikki found item was available at Sumner Park. Ash was so helpful and courteous, very grateful for his assistance. It's a pleasure to have such excellent customer service.
I really wish website could show whether stock was available or awaiting arrival. With my initial order I would have chosen to enquire and purchase through stores rather than wait such a long period for the order to be filled.

Comments
Lighting Illusions Official

Hi Terry.

Thanks for your review.
Keeping our customers informed about stock and order status is always something we are working on improving.
Thanks for the feedback.

Upper Kedron

• 1 review
Private message

Customer service and products are excellent

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2018

We are first time home buyer, everything was new and excited on our part, building a new house is really stressful like selecting the best thing to put in your house. We dealt first in other store for selecting and buying our lights. We always go to shop our lights near in our place....the other store asked us to pick up our 3 lights in Lightning Illusions McGregor.... We are really surprised and amazed of the customer service that we received the first time we walked in ILLUSION LIGHTNING McGregor . We are welcomed by LEANNE HAWKINS who is very knowledge , supportive, very professional in dealing our queries, very helpful in all ways . After the first meeting, we decided to buy all our stuff in Lightning Illusion McGregor . From pendant lights, wall lights, chandelier , ceiling fans and everything we need, we bought in Lightning illusions McGregor . We are really happy the products, the have a good quality and of course the good team of the store Friends who visited our new place, they liked our stuffs from Lightning Illusion. We gain a good product and also gain a GOOD FRIENDSHIP with the team.

Comments

To all staff of Lightning illusion of McGregor ,

Fantastic customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2018

I Walked into lighting illusions macgregor and didnt really know what i was after. I was greeted by a very friendly salesperson called Leanne who was very thorough in explaining my options to me. I walked out very satisfied and will be back for my next project

Service as expected

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

Excellent service, advice better than I expected
Ryan , lyn and ashlie were really good on there job happy to serve you
Bought around $2000 worth of lights for my new home
All the questions were answered and helped alot on chosing the right product for the right place
Prices are very reasonable
Highly recommended
Excellent variety
Alot to chose from

• 4 helpful votes

Great communication

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2018

For the third time I have purchased different garden lights on-line. The tracking process of my order is first class. In one instance I broke a glass top during installation and was able to source a replacement (at my cost understandably) with little difficulty. In the last shipment one of the glass tops was broken during delivery. I quick e-mail with a picture and a replacement is now on its way at no cost.
Prompt, accurate and customer focussed communication seems a rarity there days - well done.

Comments
Lighting Illusions Official

Hi Gary.
Great to hear and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Above and beyond 5 star service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2018

From our 1st phone call to arriving at the store, Ryan from the Macgregor store really took care of us. He checked stock from other stores. He really listened to what we wanted and didn't push the hard sale. Loved his infectious enthusiasm.

Comments
Lighting Illusions Official

Hi Sarah.
I will pass this onto Ryan. I am sure he will be pleased to hear.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

The perfect service I have ever experienced .

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

While I and my wife were looking for a ceiling fan at their MacGregor store, we were luckily served by Ryan, a young guy who was so motivated and products knowledgeable. He explained and showed to us the particulars and functions of the fan and LED down light patiently. A LED down light was not on our shopping list, however due to Ryan's detailed demonstration , we also bought one. Just before we wanted to ask for assistance to carry the ceiling fans to our car, Ryan offered to carry the fans for us . It was such a delighted shopping experience we have ever before. Ryan, thank you for your thoughtful service.

Comments
Lighting Illusions Official

That is great to hear. But watch out for those LED downlights, they breed. Once you get one room done you can't help but do the rest of the house. ;) Enjoy your ceiling fans, with this heat, you will need them.

Excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2017

We were shopping for light fittings for our new house that we were building. My wife and I have visited many lighting stores but some did not have enough products to choose from, some were very expensive for nothing and some had no idea what a customer service is. We have got all of these boxes ticked at Lighting Illusions Mt Gravatt. We had many visits in that store throughout this project of ours. We dealt with Ryan from the day 1 and we simply did not have to look elsewhere. Ryan is very knowledgeable, friendly and understanding. He spent around 4 hours (that's probably half his shift) with us on the first day and suggested what we could have for our house. On the day when I went to pickup all the fittings I made a quick call to let them know of my arrival to their store. Ryan got all the boxes (2 trolley full) ready and went through it ticking off his list. He brought them down to the car park and helped me load the lot in my SUV.

Just yesterday when I had a pre-handover walk through at my new house with the building supervisor, he made a special comment to say that we have a very good taste in lighting. Well, thanks to Ryan for assisting us with each and every light fittings.

The only little glitch we had is that 2 x PYE bulbs with ES screw fittings didn't work. They worked in the shop but not in the light fitting. The light fitting was fine as we tested it with another ES bulb. So, the issue was very weird that no one could explain. So, we decided to leave the bulb that worked and return both the PYE bulbs and Ryan happily refunded both.

When I built my first house, I bought all the light fittings from the lighting illusions. This is my 2nd house and I'm glad that lighting illusions have sorted us out again. If we ever build another house in the future, there is no need for me to shop around anywhere. I'll head straight down to Lighting Illusions Mt Gravatt.

Thanks a lot guys. You all have been very friendly every time I visited your store. A special thanks to Ryan who has been consistently courteous and thoroughly helpful to us.

Comments
Lighting Illusions Official

Hey, that is great to hear. So glad to hear you had such a wonderful experience.
Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback.

Friendly, flexible and great products

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

From the beginning staff were helpful, easy to deal with and flexibile. Great range of quality products with affordable prices. Of all the lighting places I went to by far the best and up front with real advice to help me get all the fittings I needed for a new home. Also great to arrange for installation so no need to go elsewhere and had very competitive fitting prices. Highly recommend Shawn and his team at McGregor !

Comments
Lighting Illusions Official

Thanks Kat for taking the time to share your experience. We hope you enjoy your purchase.

Services at LightinG Illusion McGregor

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

Staff is cooperative and friendly , especially the store manager Mr Waqar Azeem- with professional & courteous approach. I had issue with new fan & outdoor light ,the store staff tried their best to sort out but Waqar on other hand did a wonderful job by guiding me to get things sorted out , replacing the faulty fan and order new outdoor light through the supplier and arranging the supplier`s own electrician to fix this.
Thanks again Waqar.

Comments
Lighting Illusions Official

Great to hear. I am glad Waqar was able to get your problem resolved so quickly.

Great service and advice once again.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2017

We had great service from Leanne 3years ago when building our home. We returned today based on our previous experience and were very happy to find her still with the company. She helped us find the details of a fan we wished to match from 3 yrs ago which is no longer available. We paused to think about our options and allow her to help someone else waiting. At this point Ryan assisted us and was great. He explained all our options, had great poroduct knowledge and we purchased a fan we were happy with. Both Leanne and Ryan are an asset to the company. We like the flexability and willingness of this company to work with customers needs and feel valued for our business with them. Thankyou Rod and Cathy

Comments
Lighting Illusions Official

Hi Cathy. Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. It means a lot of our team who always try their best to provide our customers with the best experience possible.

A rare and unique service one would love to experience every time .

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

Shawn Dawse is a professional, knowledgeable gentleman at lighting illusions.He is an asset to the firm.
His great people skills makes him a unique manager in his role. He prides himself in the invaluable advise he imparts to his clients.I enjoyed purchasing all my lights from him and most of all his after service is fantastic.
I will not hesitate recommending anyone to the great service he provides.I will without hesitation purchase more lights formmy next house from him .

Comments
Lighting Illusions Official

Hi Jules.

I will be sure to pass on your feedback to Shawn.

Thanks for your business and we hope to be able to service you again in future.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Customer Service what a Joke

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2017

Purchased several products from Lighting Illusions store less than 2 weeks ago. This included 3 Martec ceiling fans for our new house which is under construction, Our electrician installs the fans and when he was completing his testing he found one ceiling fan was faulty.
No problem just go to the store and swap it as we just purchase them this is when it started
The store says you have got to contact Martec as it is a warranty issue as there rep is away for another 3 weeks so cannot help (what happens if they need more stock do they wait for 3 weeks) so went to Martec?
Martec say fill in a complaint form and we will put it in the system and get someone to come to site to check it is not an installation issue.
I said the electrician installed 3 fans and 2 work so think installation is okay will they replace the fan? Cannot say until they check the installation which i say it is in the box and not currently installed.
The reply was Oh so its not installed?
No we took it down as it does not work to swap it at the store.
Martec well fill out the form and we will get someone (so on and so forth) and we will send an e-mail with what we require.
Then we get the e-mail and (i provided less paperwork to buy the land and get my home loan) they want installation receipt or tax invoice or certificate of compliance from the electrician if we cannot provide this we need to get the electrician to type a letter on letter head and sign it and send copies of his licence stating he or she installed the Martec fan.
Then they also want us to provide the sales receipt and a full completed warranty card and then e-mail post or fax all for a $140 fan that i purchase less than two weeks ago.
I have all the documents so will forward them but it just shows that if you make it so difficult to get a product fixed or replaced some people would just give up and buy another one what these two companies should try and understand is that a little customer service goes a long way to keeping people coming back to purchase in the future.
Just ask Beacon Lighting they bent over backwards to assist even offering to pick up a spot light that we had an issue and replace it.
If you make it so difficult to
Lighting Illusions and Martec thanks for nothing i will avoid dealing with both companies on all our future unit or townhouse projects.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Lighting Illusions Official

Hi Phil. My apologies for the inconvenience caused here. Unfortunately it was an oversight by one of our staff in understanding the best way to resolve this warranty issue for you. However as we h... read more »

I agree it was unfortunate that we ended up with me and my wife posting our complaints on social media to get something done. But i must congratulate your other store managers etc. for contacting ... read more »

Logan Village, Queensland

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Great example of what customer service is all about.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2017

I purchased the lights for our new house build a few years back. I had some issues with the security spot lights so I sent an email to express my disappointment with the product (thinking they would be out of warranty). Shawn answered my email promptly, gather some more information from me and then organised for all 17 of the lights to be replaced. He followed up with me continually throughout the process the ensure both the product lighting company and electrician had contacted me and were doing their bit to get them replaced. The service I received from Shawn was outstanding and I would recommend Lighting Illusions to anyone considering the purchase of new lighting.

• 10 helpful votes

Never had an issue

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2017

I ordered three ceiling fans on two separate occasions. I never had an issue on either occasions. On the first order, the electrician who installed the fan thought the remote was not included. I contacted customer service who promptly investigated the case of the missing remote control, even looking through video footage. It turns out that the electrician who installed the fan did not check the box thoroughly for the remote control... enough said.

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Don't know when the lights will turn up and still act as if it's not their fault

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2017

No service.. No call to advice it's going to be late.. I think they can do better than this.

Ordered the lights two weeks ago, was advised maximum will take 7 workings day, won't be longer than that, and this first day is excluded.

We called after 5 working day, nothing turned up.

Called again on the 8th working days, still nothing and we need to follow up on our order instead of getting a quick call on ETA, their service is poor.

• 8 helpful votes

Faulty Martec Fans

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2017

This review reflects more what I bought rather than the overall service from LI. I specifically asked for 4 quiet fans. Martec was recommended which has since proved disastrous. For what I paid I wish I had bought another brand preferably with a DC motor. Avoid Martec as the brand is probably the worst quality for the money in comparison to other leading brands. Martec refuse to replace my faulty Fans. Lighting illusions have tried to help me by offering me a replacement brand fans at cost so they're not to blame. Just a shame one of their suppliers makes them look bad, so try to avoid Martec and read the reviews. Yes I would buy at lighting illusions again but after extensive product research so on this occasion the star rating has to reflect what I bought.

• 8 helpful votes
Private message

Failing To live up to their promises/telling lies

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2017

I ordered some fan switches and paid for them plus the shipment by credit card on a Monday. They told me that the goods will arrive on Wednesday. They did not arrive and I had to swallow a call out fee by an electrician . I called them on Wednesday and asked for them. They said the first one was lost by the Australia Post. Australia Post did not accept that when I called them with a tracking number. So Lighting Illusions lied. They said it will arrive on Friday( 5 days later) . Shipment distance was 56 KM. Terrible people, terrible service.
Managers did not answer phones and refused to deal with costumer except on in another branch ( McGregor)
Who was helpful. Will never buy anything from this crowd.

1 of 2 pages