Biggest Scammers & crap Talkers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2017

There Brokers promise you everything and nothing eventuates. They have screwed 2 of my investment property sales. These guys need there licence revoked.

Comments
Loan Market Official

Hi Nick, We're so sorry to hear about your experience with our brokers. We take this feedback very seriously and would appreciate the opportunity to better our processes if possible. Are you abl... read more »

Unprofessional and unhelpful service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2017

I got an investment property in the south-eastern suburbs and Gary their agent was very unhelpful. In the initial stages, he was very prompt in responding to messages. Once we paid the fixed rate lock-in fees things he stopped responding to calls and messages. We heard from the agent only after multiple follow-ups. We started the entire process two and half months prior to settlement and inspite of having all our finances and documentation correct, we didn't hear from the agent 2 weeks prior to settlement whether the loan is approved or not. My bank wasn't willing to discuss with me regarding my loan until settlement. As I went through an agent most of the banks communicate via the agent until settlement. Be very cautious of this as it will leave us hanging in limbo.We had no choice but to go via Gary. We received the loan document 3 days before settlement.I and my husband ended up taking two days off work to go to the city to hand over the loan documents. Throughout this stage, we never heard back from Gary. Its been 2 weeks since settlement and Gary hasn't even contacted us to make sure everything went well.For my previous investment property, I used a different company they were very professional. Please stay away from loan market and their agents, especially Gary. Never recommend their service or their agent. Very dissatisfied customer service.

Comments
Loan Market Official

Hi Arya, We're so sorry to hear about your experience with this broker - we'll be sure to raise this with the Victorian state team. We appreciate you letting us know about this situation as w... read more »

• 2 helpful votes

Tarneit

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 04, 2017

Very bad experience, become a victim of an inexperience broker from loan market
Lost hundreds of dollar and also paid plenty as settlement missed twice due to broker
Despite given all details/doco months before settlement date, broker was unable to arrange $ numbers as discussed
After two settlement dates missed, I have decided to go to a bank directly and then got everything settle in 3 Days only.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Loan Market Official

Hi there, We are so sorry to hear this was your experience. We take this feedback very seriously and would appreciate the opportunity to better our processes if possible. Are you able to please ... read more »

• 2 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 9 helpful votes

not a fan

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2017

Everything is so slow with them. they never get back to you with messages. i had the worst service when i tried to get money out that shouldn't have gone In. it took 4 days to get I to theirs and another 4 days to get back into mine. 8 days for money that should not have been there. not happy. I have been trying to sign In all day but the site is Down. it's the worst, will be moving lenders asap.

Comments
Loan Market Official

Hi Michelle, Thanks so much for your review, I'm sorry you're having issues with your lender. I would encourage you to provide feedback to them so they can better their processes. How did ev... read more »

Sydney

Private message

Over-promise and Under-deliver (only if they deliver)

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2017

Top notch service is when people set the expectations right from day-1 and delivery that, our expectations were set to very high standards but what we received so far is close to nothing (frustration might be the right word).

I and my partner got in touch with loan market after reading excellent reviews about them on productreview. The broker assigned to us first contacted me in less than an hour after we provided our details online. In the next hour we received an email from her secretary asking for the documents to start with the application, all good so far. We met our broker on the 4th day from the first contact, meeting with her went really good, based on initial assessment of our documents she discussed with us our borrowing capacity and informed that being a platinum broker for 1 of the TIER-1 banks she can easily get a pre-approval in 4 hours. It’s been more than 3 weeks since we first contacted loan market and till not we are answering their/banks queries on the documentation we provided (ideally all these queries should have come from the broker on day-1 of us providing them with the documentation). In one of the recent mail exchanges we were told that based on the risk assessment conducted the bank is not happy to lend us loan exceeding a certain amount (which was 600k lesser than what she told us initially – not acceptable). I called the broker and informed that if that is the case we are not interested in proceeding with our application any further (the pre-approval we received while dealing directly with another bank was for significantly higher amount, the only reason we wanted Loan Market's support was to get better rates and options on LMI capitalization), but was assured on the call that she would get pre approvals done on the max amount possible. I agreed and asked her to proceed with the application, it’s been 2 days already and we still are waiting for their response. Top notch service is where the broker keeps you informed on each stage of your application, not where the customer gives them a call/mail and ask for an update and yet receive no response. After wasting so much of time (trust me we got the pre-approval while dealing directly with another bank in less than 3 days), we don’t know if we should wait for their response or approach another broker or deal with the banks directly.

Comments
Loan Market Official

Hi VM24, We're sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with your original broker. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service, and we'll be sure to raise this with the state t... read more »

Your another broker (after our preliminary discussion) is yet to get back to me for the last 2 weeks.

nothing but useless!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2017

Newcastle permanent would have to be the most pathetic bank out of them all! hold my money that I've earned to earn interest on it, will definitely be changing banks asap & I recommend anyone who is with this bank do the same thing!

Comments
Loan Market Official

Hi Alex,

We're sorry to hear you had a challenging experience with this lender. How did you find your Loan Market broker?

Loan Market Team

Victoria

• 4 answers
  • 1 helpful vote

Too slow

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2017

Submitted our complete paperwork to the broker on 15 April, application for loan hasn't been lodged til now-- 2 May. Taking forever and doesn't give any update about what's happening. Planning to get someone else to do our loan application now.

July 12th 2017 Update: Not even deserving of 1 star

Signed up with Loan Market thinking they could help us with our complicated scenario but instead of helping, the broker made our already bad situation to worse. It was such a waste of time and totally bad decision to even consider you. Brokers are supposed to assess your situation and find a suitable lender, took him a month to assess our situation. Took him another two weeks to send our application and ended up declined. So what happened to his month long assessment? He knew our situation from the beginning. We provided him with all the paperwork he needed. I'm more than happy for him not to push through with our application if he thinks it won't get approved instead of hurting our credit rating more. After we got declined, we did not hear anything from him. It goes to show that they don't really care. I wonder where all these good feedbacks are coming from? Are they paid? Tsss.

Comments
Loan Market Official

Hi Aivee, We're so sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with one of our broker team. Are you able to send us through in a private message your name and number, and the name of the bro... read more »

Verified Customer

No contact

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2017

I've been waiting for a call from [name removed] for a week now. No contact from him yet, which I'm actually glad because I managed to find a very good broker in the meantime that cares about his customers.

Comments
Loan Market Official

Hi there, We're so sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with one of our broker team. Are you able to send us through in a private message your name and number, and the name of the bro... read more »

Verified Customer

No communication at critical time.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 08, 2017

My personal experience with Loan Market has been terrible . Missed out on property and finance got rejected by bank but I can understand that as lending standards are comparatively tough as compared to last year. What I don't understand is terrible follow up from my broker in Wantrina, Victoria. Called multiple times to see what's going on with application but no call back and no reply to sms from broker for four days.
Gap of 150K in broker's calculation of my affordability and lenders calculation of my affordability is also unacceptable

Comments
Loan Market Official

Hi Yogi, We're so sorry to hear this was your experience. We take our customer's feedback very seriously and would appreciate the opportunity to talk to you. Would you be able to please priva... read more »

• 9 helpful votes
Private message

Definitely not as advertised! Be wary..

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2016

I went through loanmarket.com.au rep in Mill Park to CBA and found the bank the worst in terms of customer service. I have never had such an experience with a bank before.

The broker promised me that the turnaround times were no more than 7 business days and 11 days later, I was still being given the run around.

I then requested a withdrawal on 23 March 2016 and the broker stated he requested the bank to withdraw my application & that too is now around 11 days old but no confirmation on withdrawal of my application.

This is the most disgusting service I have every had from any financial institution.

Please reconsider approaching CBA bank for any service. They are definitely on my banned banks list. No more services with CBA for sure.

Be wary of loanmarket.com.au. I have written a similar review on the CBA product review page for consistency as they are both (in my books) the worst financial institutions I have dealt with till date.

Comments
Loan Market Official

Hi Anto, We're sorry to hear about the experience you've had with one of our Loan Market brokers. We'd like to get some more information so we can ensure that this doesn't happen again. Please ... read more »

I have sent you the info as per request

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Don't use if your planning on getting a second opinion.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2016

Don't use [name removed] on Gerorge st if your planning on getting a second opinion.

Had been dealing with [name removed] for a week and after he found out i was seeking a second broker's advice to see what they could offer the tone of the call changed & he got very uncomfortable and proceeded to cancel our dealings.

Now i'm sure they are great at what they do and i don't know the exact etiquette of dealing with brokers in terms of exclusivity but as i said this is a big purchase in ones life and of course you are wanting to get a second or even third opinion before signing your life away to a 30 year mortgage.

James

Comments
Loan Market Official

Hi James, We're sorry to hear about the experience you've had with one of our Loan Market brokers. We'd like to get some more information so we can ensure that this doesn't happen again. Please e... read more »

Nightmare experience!! Do not recommend

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2016

We went to Loan Market to obtain a pre-approval as we were looking at purchasing a second property. After looking at a property, the Real Estate agent set us up with Loan Market in Cheltenham, VIC. Initially I received a phone call from one of their supposedly top Broker, who said for me to come in for a meeting first thing on a Saturday morning. Once I got there, he informed me the reception staff had double booked his appointments, and that he could not meet with me as he had the meeting with another couple, which was unusual, as he had actually booked my appointment in himself. He gave me a few forms to fill out, and then immediately left to deal with the other clients. He came back after a couple of minutes, wrote down a few numbers and informed me we could borrow a certain figure. This initial meeting with this Broker lasted no longer than 5-10minutes. After I filled out the un-explained forms and sent them back to the Broker via email, we were then handballed off to another Broker working from the same site, and I was notified of this by email.

After receiving an email from the second Broker, who informed me that she was now taking over our pre-approval. I then never heard from the original Broker again. The second Broker then informed me that we could borrow up to a certain amount that was $50,000 less than what the first Broker had discussed with me in our initial brief meeting.
I was then sent all these loan structures, which would be created and what I understood to be activated when we purchased our second property. All this was very new to us, and from what I understood is that nothing would be changed or activated until we actually purchased a second property. I continued to make it clear in emails saying ‘what if we don’t purchase another property, as we don’t think the amount we can borrow is enough for what we want at this stage’; she said things would be easily closed. I then seen new loans arise in our accounts, and I continued to question these, explaining that we might not be purchasing anything yet as we just want a pre-approval in case we find what we are after. She said that the bank wanted to proceed with settlement before purchasing a property (which seemed odd to us, however, as one does, they go to a Broker for advice on loans!).

After being continually rushed into signing documents, whereby I would receive calls on a daily basis asking how we were going with signing the documents, we then ended up with our originally home loan closed and two other loan opened before even purchasing another property!!!
This meant that our available redraw from our original home loan was no longer available and other loans open, including an investment loan, when we had not even purchased anything yet.
I asked her if this could be fixed, and she said no, and recommended we would have to wait 6 months while paying an interest only loan at a higher rate. At this stage, I chose no longer to deal with this Broker as I could no longer deal with the misleading information and was so upset with the situation we were now in.
We then incurred a few hundred dollars interest on the investment loan which was at a higher rate than a normal home loan while we had a the painstaking task of trying to fix this nightmare!!

Throughout the process we felt extremely pushed and rushed to get everything signed and sent back to the Broker, as I would received daily emails and phone calls from her asking for the documents to be sent.
Being the first time we were actually looking down the path of buying a second property, we feel like we were misled and continuously rushed into signing documents. All we were after was a pre-approval in case we found a property and so we could go into the market knowing what we could buy!
This has been extremely stressful for us, and an unfortunate lesson for us to learn the hard way.
If you are new to this, I recommend staying away from Loan Market!

Comments
Loan Market Official

Hi there, We're sorry to hear about the experience you've had with one of our Loan Market brokers. We'd like to get some more information so we can get to the bottom of this. Please email the name... read more »

• 6 comments
Private message

Everything that could go wrong did go wrong

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2015

I researched prior to choosing a broker and decided to go with a broker from Loan Market based on my initial engagement with the broker and Loan Market. The broker was good at explaining all the processes involved as we were new to all this. But then came arranging the actual quotation and everything went downhill from there. Our broker didn't think to include the bank fees (inc stamp duty) when our bank loan was adjusted and even though we've crossed checked the amount we need to have prepared, we were shocked that we were under by 10,000 on settlement day.

This broker also promised a lower interest rate when we wanted a better deal but simply ran out of time (even though we engaged him 1 year prior). On top of that he did not take into account the deposits we've made towards our builder and land and did not take those into consideration and had us paying an extra 5% on top of the deposit required. All these mistakes have really affected us financially. Just really disappointed with the outcome

Comments
Loan Market Official

Hi Jen, We're sorry to hear about the experience you've had with one of our Loan Market brokers. We'd like to get some more information so we can get to the bottom of this. Please email the name o... read more »

Hi Sam,
Thanks for following this up. Sending the details to you now.

Hi Jen,

We've received your email - thanks for sending it through. We're looking into it now and will be in touch soon.

Sam

• 1 answer
  • 31 helpful votes

So dissapointed and still chasing up problems 6 months later

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2015

I have been so dissapointed with my experience with Loanmarket. They completed a refinance of my property with NAB and it resulted in multiple fee charges on my bank accounts that subsequently were credited. They also failed to set up my offset accounts as per instructions and this took Loanmarket endless time to resolve the reimbursement of interest. It is 6 months later and I still have not resolved the issue. The only way my offset accounts ever got set up was through NAB assisting me in branch to set them up and fill in forms all over again. Loanmarket were very interested in my business when the commissions and trail were involved, but I have chased my broker dozens of times trying to get my claim lodged to recieve back the interest I was incorrectly charged because they failed to set up my accounts properly. In fact, it seems Loanmarket did not even ldoge my dispute with NAB until 5 months after my settlemtn, even though I had spent many hours following up with them and sending them detail in writing of the issues.

So they might be fine as a broker if you just want a straightforward loan, but hey, anyone can help you out with that. But when something goes wrong, absolutely pathetic service. I have even thought of going to the effort of refinancing my house away from NAB so that the Loanmarket broker no longer gets a trail commission on my business. That's how dissapointed I am with the service and disgusted that this business is still earning revenue off the back of my problems.

Comments
Loan Market Official

Hi there, We're really sorry to hear about the experience you've had with one of our Loan Market brokers. We'd like to get some more information so we can get to the bottom of this. Please email t... read more »

Queensland

• 2 helpful votes

Pathetic

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2014

OMG where do I start......service is bad, no communication, lost documents.
I cannot believe these people, they just do not have a clue on how to communicate.
One month later & we still no nothing about who is the lender, interest rate etc.
I will never recommend these people to any of my business partners, even our own banks are more on the ball than these people.
[name removed] & your sidekicks -Townsville Office, you may be able to talk the talk but when it comes down to actually making things happen, it doesn't.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Loan Market Official

Hi there, We're really sorry to hear about the experience you've had with one of our brokers. We'd love to get some more information from you so we can get to the bottom of this. Please email the... read more »

• 9 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 18 answers
  • 20 helpful votes

Stay away, bad!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 07, 2014

It's a long story, but to cut it short - my "broker" from loan market provided me with a loan offer without giving me any details about why she has chosen this particular lender for me, what the rate is, what the package is, and what I would be paying in the end. Apparently she chose this particular lender because I already had a bank account with them. When I said I wanted options and wanted to know which lender can give me lower rates (as I am about to be a first home owner and of course, want the best rates in the beginning), I was given a very unsatisfactory answer i.e. it is a variable rate and will change over time.

I was never given any more information other than what I ask. In the end I just got a home loan offer in my mailbox and was told via email to check my mailbox and return the documents to the bank.

Zero customer service, zero communication with me other than 1-2 sentence replies to my emails - why bother being a broker? In the end I went with another broker who used to work with Loan market but opened his own business. He came to my home after hours to discuss my options, emailed me information and answered everything I asked, called and emailed me to let me know how each step of the application was going, and finalised the home loan for me in record time with another lender with a lower rate and better benefits. well, I can't say better, because I was not filled in on why I was recommended to go with lender #1 by the broker from loanmarket.

If you're with LoanMarket I hope you get an excellent broker, unlike the one I landed. Otherwise, stay away and go for another company that values customers and actually wants to help.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Loan Market Official

Hi Arya, We are sorry to hear about the experience you have had with one of our brokers. Could you please contact us directly with the details and we will look into it further. You can email us a... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Worst - dont ever be a referral

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2014

Well i had a referral agreement with loanmarket And because my loan guy decided not to finalise loan and passed my referral onto someone else, I ended up losing, by not receiving the commission in which was agreed on. Is this fair? I had no control over this situation and I believe it is unfair

- Unfair treatment

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Loan Market Official

Hi Jade We're sorry to hear about your referral agreement experience. We’d like to know more about it so we could look into it further - would you please email us directly at [email protected] read more »

Brisbane

• 3 helpful votes

Worst experience ever!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2013

We have had the worst experience ever! It took our broker 5 weeks to inform us that we can get a loan if we increase our deposit with $15k. After the initial 3 weeks given in our contract our broker informed us that a third party that he usually uses did not lodge our application. We did not sign any consent for him to share our private information with a third party. In addition to this he also lied to us over the initial 3 weeks, telling us our application is basically approved and it was at the ginal stages. After hearing the very disappointing news that our application has not been lodge in 3 weeks, we decided to give this broker another opportunity. During the next 2 weeks he lied to us and we even received emails where the broker copied and pasted dates to cover up his lies! Now today a week from the date when we told him we do not want to take up the loan, we receive a call from the bank informing us of settlement procedure. We also received bank documents. This after he called me to say he has withdrawn the offer. Yet another lie as the bank still had the offer accepted.

Absolutely the worst experience. I believe this broker should not have a licence to provide services to individuals. If loanmarket is by any means concerned about their reputation I would advise that they look into this broker. We are from Brisbane QLD and happy mention names if it would help protect others from such inconvenient and disappointing experiences.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Loan Market Official

Hi Charlene, We are sorry to hear about the experience you have had with one of our brokers and would like to look more closely into the issues you have raised. Could you please contact us direct... read more »

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

I wish there was no star rating

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2012

My partner and myself had the worst experience with loan market in the chadstone area. I would stay well clear of that area and the people running it. They don't care. Similar to the other reviews in here we actually lost 2 houses because the loan market representative mislead us and didn't know what they were talking about. We got our loan approved by NAB in the end and the funny thing is that the loan market guy said NAB rejected our pre approval worst company worst experience

- Everything from communication to knowledge

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Loan Market Official

Hi there We are really sorry to hear about the experience you have had with our brokers in Chadstone. We would like to look more closely into the issues you have raised. Could you contact us direc... read more »

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

I would never use this company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2012

Oh my God, where do I begin?

We were referred to Loan Market by a volume builder that we were evaluating and thought it wouldn't hurt to get some professional advice-man, we were so wrong.

A representative from the Epping office came to our house and made lots of promises about how easy getting the finance was going to be and how he really wanted to help us. He was so nice and we were so trusting. So we decided to give them our business and put our faith in a stranger to get the finance for our land and construction.

Well after the first meeting everything went wrong.

The consultant applied for the first loan with our bank (the one we'd always banked with) and it got declined. Confused we sought clarification. He gave us nonsense reasons and started with "You should make it an investment loan" talk. I got so sick of hearing it from him over the next few conversations that I prompted him about why and he replied "Look it really doesn't matter, but at the end of the day, I want to get paid."

Honestly, he really said that.

So we gave him another chance and he applied with another one of the Big 4, which also got declined. Oh I forgot to mention that in the middle of that application he contacted me and told me that for two weeks he was going away on "special assignment" and that he would not reachable.

Then when he gets back we got declined (as above). So I got jack of this, fired him and contacted the last bank he;d dealt with looking for answers.

He had apparently not finished the application, there weren't signatures, employment details or any supporting paperwork and I found out that the loan amount he applied for was nothing like what we had asked for. The bank had even tried to contact him to seek clarification on the paperwork issue and he had not called them back so they just declined it. Thanks for that black mark on my credit report.

I've also forgotten to mention that he had asked us to rush the construction company to contracts and he had wanted us to get the loan quickly and get in (easy job, easy money you see). When the first application didn't pan out, he got us to push back the finance date with the land company (which we did twice!) and he still did the wrong thing.

So I took control and applied to another bank and they declined the application because -wait for it- there were too many recent applications on our file! Yep. He had applied to another bank without our knowledge or permission!!!!

This last application has no paperwork, signatures and was $200K under what we had asked for! What was this guy doing running around Melbourne screwing up our credit files? Seemed so.

So after a lot of angry phone calls to his State Manager and the threat of Consumer Affairs we got the last application removed from the credit files, but it took forever. The bank said they could do it, they just needed the request from the company and the company said that the bank wouldn't do it. Frustraiting!

I have demanded that this person never contact us again and despite it being received with acknowledgement of why and acceptance, he has still tried several times.

In the end, I got it done with our original bank who showed me his application. It was terrible. There was no employment history, salary details and the type of loan he had applied for, we would never had got it. My wife and I made this next application and it got approved and we are about to move into our house.

We nearly lost our land and any chance of getting finance for another year or so because of him. I would never deal with loan market ever again!

If you want good, honest advice from a mortgage broker, then go to Smartline here in Melbourne, I think that they are in Northcote (or close to it). The manager there gave us free, honest advice about our options and didn't ask for anything in return. He was so nice to deal with. If I had my time over again, I wish I'd gone to him, not loan market.

Bottom line, don't deal with loan market. At least not with this guy in the Epping office.

- Contact, Response time.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Loan Market Official

Hi We are really sorry to hear about the experience you have had with one of our brokers in Epping. We would like to look more closely into the issues you have raised. Could you contact us direct... read more »

Dear Loan Market, I had already reported it to the State Manager, I would be disappointed to discover that

1 of 26 pages