Review rating:
  • 4 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Perfect Results Everytime!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2017

I have been using this product for many years now, and every time I use it the result leaves me with a big smile on my face. The old, dull and battered vinyl floors look like new, and the shine is simply hard to believe. It's very easy to use and you will enjoy your shiny floors for many years. Nothing can beat this product. I simply love it!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

I wouldent use anything else

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2016

I have used this product on my Pegulan Vinal floors now for some time and it is brilliant simple to use with great effects, my wife said i now have the job.

• 5 answers
Private message

Our home would not be the same without it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2016

Not only do we polish the floors with long life but the dash and all vinyl parts in the car, including putting a shine on all our shoes, we find this a tremendous product very reasonably priced.

Carlton, Tas

• 1 comment
  • 3 answers

Don't ever stop making Long Life

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 10, 2016

This stuff is great! Yes I too have used it for more than 20 years and find it very versatile.
Not only wonderful on floors but also great on other surfaces too (do a patch test first to make sure it's safe)
I've used it on the dash & door vinyl in cars, worn kitchen bench tops, worn cork floor surfaces.
Yes, I found the shelves empty at Coles & Woollies, so thanks for telling me Bunnings stock it now.

Private message

ONE GO 'The best floor polish ever'

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2016

I can't get this anywhere! It was fantastic and only $5.00 ! My floors look crap now ! Bring it back! Iv tried all the others they are rubbish! They say they shine but they don't they are also much more expensive! One Go was a mirror shine and made my floors look brand new covered all the scratches and made my house look amazing ! Where can I get again please restock the Coles and Woolworths shelves with this amazing product!

• 1 helpful vote

It's perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2016

Do a small size at a time so you do not let it dry after pouring. I've used it for more than 20 years. Floors look so shiny and clean. It's fantastic!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

A Rose By Any Other Name, Is Just As Sweet!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2016

I can remember using this same product when i was a teenager, to seal stained leather work. It's the same type of liquid the class teacher used in class. It was then Know for many years as i seem to recall, as Fisher's Floor Polish. Same yellow bottle and label set out, same use instructions etc.. My mother used to use it on lino floors to put a great polish to the sealed surface, great for protecting it from 8 young children playing inside the house.. :)

Long Life Self shine floor polish

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2015

I have been using it for years. It is amazing, but a bit hard to remove if you let it build up - which I did. Otherwise I wouldn't use anything else. I wish I could buy it in my local Coles, but Bunnings always has it. EXCELLENT.

Best product ever for my slate floors

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2015

I have used this polish for about 12 years and have no problem, and it gives my slate floor a fantastic shine the only problem I cant seem to buy it any where.

Fantastic for Vinyl floor

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2015

Tried it on my white and black Vinyl floors as directed. Came up Shinny each and every time. Love it. No problems with me. Shame I can never find it in the supermarket each time I go.

Ballina NSW

• 6 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Great Product work fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2015

Have been using the Long Life products on our vinyl tile floor for a couple of years with fantastic results. We use the cloudy amonia wash every now and the but always finish with the Self Shine Polish, or we just use the Self Shine to get a great result.

Sandstone point

• 3 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

White streaks

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2015

I have just used this product exactly as per directions and my wonderful timber floor has been ruined with white streaks!!! The bottle says to use cloudy ammonia to remove these streaks, but on another web site they say not to use ammonia on timber floors. I have tried washing and washing the floor with vinegar and just timber floor cleaner, but nothing works. This product should be taken off the market.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Jimboomba (Logan) Queensland

• 1 comment
  • 2 questions

Terrible product !

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2014

I thought I must have used it wrong because it went dull and white. But to try again I first had to remove the product... What a terrible job that was. Ok now start again and surprise surprise it went white and dull again. Still not giving up, I tried again and same results. I eventually had to believe that this product is ****. It leaves a build up which is terribly hard to remove and certainly not shiney! Not recommmended.

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2014

The best ever product for my timber floors . Wish they sell it everywhere. So good. Please let me know where I can get a bottle. Only use on timber floor not tiles and you will be so happy. Very reasonable price it was...hope it on the market still .

+ Shiny

I want shiny floors

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2014

Bought the cloudy ammonia and the floor polish. I could have just washed my floors with Aldi floor wash and achieved the same result. A total waste of money & time. Very annoyed. I never but this product again. Went to the paint section at Bunnings & found better products there

- No shine.

Poor product

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2014

I have used this product several times and it has failed to give a long lasting shine and is patchy to apply. S C Johnson's One Glo Pledge was a far superior polish but has been discontinued. After 30 years in the business the formular for this product should be reviewed.

- It is a very weak imatation of a polish.

Tauranga

• 2 answers
Private message

Long life polish not good

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2013

I bought a bottle of this and used it as directed on my vynl tiles.
All it did was clean them.
There was no shine at all - my tiles look dull now
They should be made to re-name it.
They mislead me on the bottle and in the shop

- Misleadinginly named

Comments

I'm having the same problem, I did as directed on my sealed jarrah hardwood floor and it's left streaks everywhere. Now I'm finding it very difficult to remove the streaks

Burleigh Heads

• 2 comments
  • 6 helpful votes

Total satisfaction

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2012

Very large 4 bedroom, study, family, formal lounge, dining etc house all vinyl wood grain floor on concrete slab. Used every product recommended then tried Long Life Self Shine Polish. Love it, makes my life so easy. Dirty black rubber marks come off easy with the same brand Ammonia, wipe off and do one application of the polish and the house sparkles. Everyone comments on what a beautiful floor and I just love the product so much I buy it in 5 litre containers in fear of having to use something else.

+ Economical, easy to use, great finish.

Purchased at: Bunnings Warehouse

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

This would be the worst floor polish that has ever been on the market it has made a mess of my floor it is tacky with little shine surely in this day and age we can get better dawn .h

• 1 review
  • 2 answers
  • 1 helpful vote

Have used it for the past 4 years

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2012

Brilliant finish. Wears well. Economical. Easy to apply. I recommend it to family and friends. Even the mother in law became a convert.

+ Brilliant finish. Wears well. Economical. Easy to apply.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Worst product ever, ruined a floor of a unit I was renting, cost me alot to get it rectified.

Melbourne

Private message

Hard work if you make a mistake

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2012

Used once on new floors waited two hours before walking on it was still sticky and started to come off(it looked dry tried to take it off as per instructions have to scrub on hands and knees and still it has not got it have to keep going over it 4 times so far and my floor still looks so bad

- Hard to remove

Purchased at: Bunnings Warehouse

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

I agree, it has ruined my floor and I can't get it off? Did you use the ammonia as it just isn't lifting it all.move spent days trying and it's ruined my floor.

I agree. Its totally ruined my floors and i cant get it off

Hi.. Just got this product. Really happy wit it. My question is how often can use this Polish? Thank you

Jwoww asked on Nov 14, 2017

Hi Jwoww,

It really depends on how much traffic you have on your floors. I usually use it once a year or so -mainly in the kitchen area- when I notice that the floor is losing its shine.

If my kitchen floors are not dirty after 6 to 12 months I clean them using water and dishwashing liquid and clean them well with a soft scourer sponge, rinsing off very well with plenty of clean water.. There is no need to do another deep cleaning using ammonia before reapplying the Long Life.

I have been using this product for many years and I have never had any build up.

Thank you very much for your question.

I hope the answer helps. :)

Thank you..

We replenish whenever the surface looses it's shine

Can I dispose of unused floor polish mixed with water down the drain?? I no longer have a floor I can use it on.

AmSOrac asked on Nov 13, 2017

Hi AmSOrac,

Thank you very much for your question.

I'm not really sure. You could contact directly the manufacturer about this matter.

Sorry for not being able to answer your question.

Hi, have been looking for long life floor shine but can't find product. Where can I purchase? I live in Brunswick Vic and would appreciate a reply. Thank you, Lorraine

Lorraine asked on Aug 21, 2017

Hi Lorraine,

You can get it at Bunnings. :)

Yes ! Bunnings have the full range