Beats ghd for condition!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2017

I've used Ghd's since they came out and I always bought the latest edition that came out as I have coarse thick high lighted hair that had begun to snap off during years of damage with colour and heat.I changed my hairdresser last month and the new one used the steam pod on my hair,with excellent results!I purchased one straight away and already feel the benefits compared to the platinum ghd styler.The steampod is a bit harder to use than ghd but once you get more familiar with it it's fine.ive been able to grow my hair without getting it cut frequently because of the dry ends,so,I would say the steampod is better for the hair in the end,smooth results every time!

• 3 answers

Omg....finally

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2017

I've spent 30+ years trying to find the perfect hair straightener......so many products and devices in my cupboard! But this L'Oréal Steam Pod wins hands down. For the last 15 years I've used a GHD and while reasonably happy with the result still had days where my coarse frizzy hair just didn't play the game. I read the reviews etc for the Steam Pod and thought they sounded too good to be true. I was wrong. Not only is it super easy to use it also only took about 5 minutes to get my mid length hair to salon straight as opposed to 30 mins for 'kinda straight but NQR' hair.
Am I dreaming??????????

Perfect choice

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2017

Super happy with this handy, easy to use hair straightener. Heats up & Cool down really fast. It is not that heavy compare to other straightener so I can take as long as I want without getting tired. Especially I don't feel like my hair is falling or getting pulled, it's smooth.

Perfect for my hair love to recommend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2017

Hi Quality item its very easy to use the result after using is simply the best I never had any trouble using this product as My hair is sensitive and gives mo satisfaction

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

This straightener is definitely worth the extra penny. This product makes my hair feels softer, smoother and more alive than with regular straighteners. Worth every penny. Love, love, love. Highly recommend.

Thid is perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

Im very happy and love to use it, i always use it
My hair became to beautful ,it very easy to use,u dont need more time to use,thank u .l really like it

Verified Purchase

Smells like mould

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2017

I love how the steam pod makes my hair feel but am i the only one whos steam pod now smells really bad? Like the steam smells of mould i'm not really sure how to fix this problem its put me off useing it

excellent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2016

I've have had my steam pod for a few years now and wouldn't go back to using the non steam irons. I don't have any problems with damaged hair, my hair is thick and in good condition. still get split ends but no where as much as I did with normal irons.

Ireland

Can't live without it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2016

I used every different type of straigner and none of them seemed to keep my hair straight, as soon as I went outside it went fuzzy again, as soon as I got my steam pod my hair has been smooth silky and shiny and stays so straight I don't have to touch it for the day! It has even gave me more convidence. Well worth the money amazing product

Launceston

• 1 comment
  • 7 answers
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Salon look but is intensely damaging over time

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2016

This will make you look like you walked out of the salon it is sleek and smooth does hold but be warned of a few things and for me these were deal breakers.

No good for daily use
Comb your hair root to tip with a fine tooth comb if you don't it will snag, and burn and snap at the knot. I have healthy hair no chemical damage but it does singe the hair after a week or two I found little white tips at ends of hair closer inspection is snapping and singed ends splits.

In my opinion this is a brilliant straightener but in saying this the damage it causes is one of the worst I ever had if you used for just special occasions then it would be amazing daily use no no no no no way!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Gold Coast

• 4 comments
  • 6 answers
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Straightens and smooths better than my GHD

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2016

Purchased this product years ago after my hairdresser got it and raved about it. I have since purchased the newer model Dec 2015 for my daughter, who has super curly hair and she no longer leaves mine in her bathroom all the time. The new version is slimmer and sleeker than the original and much easier to hold and manoeuvre than the more cumbersome original ( but worth it). The products you use work better as they are steamed , so be careful to used less than usual .

Lost with out it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2016

Had my steam pod for a few years, absolutely love it use it nearly every day .
I also love using it on people who have porous bleached hair turn temp down but it puts the moisture back and makes it feel great.

Private message

I love my steampod, couldn't live with out it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2015

So much so that when I had to have mine repaired as water pump broke I had to wait 7!weeks to have part replaced! Extremely disappointed with loreal over that, countless emails with them over that with no results. Apart from that would still recommend steampod to anyone looking to get one. looking to buy one for my daughter, have seen one online that is white,looks amazing but is this the real deal or a fake can't tell by going on loreal website

Melbourne

Private message

Loved it but it is now leaking - not happy

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2015

I have been using this to straighten and have loved it as it controls my thick curly hair and leaves it really shiny & sleek.
It is now leaking and I'm scared of using it. Where do I get it repaired?

Loved it to annoyed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2015

I also loved it, however after approx a year the steam stopped and now the water reservoir leaks like a sieve and it's dangerous having leaking water and electricity together !

Toronto

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Great results when it is working properly!

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2015

Hi. I bought the L'Oréal steampod last year. It worked great. My hair was silky and smooth and had a lot of body. I recommended it to so many people and after they saw how great my hair looked went and bought the steampod. It worked beautifully.
After having it for 1 year however, the steam part of the steampod has stopped working. So now it is operating like just a flat iron. I paid so much money for this item that I expected it to last for years like other flat irons do. Unfortunately, this is not so. So I no longer feel confident recommending this product to my friends or co-workers as it is a big investment for a 1 year benefit.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 helpful votes

not what I expected :-(

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2015

I got limited edition of steam pod. Design is pretty... But that's it. I had pod almost three month and really damaged my hair.Every time I use strips my hair dye and dries my hair out badly even I am using cream and hair oils. Previously had Rimington straighteners and never complaint. I am selling it!!never been disappointed so much. Read other reviews and can't believe how girls getting nice and nourished hair while mine experience opposite :-(

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

• 3 comments
  • 1 helpful vote

love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2015

Has made my somewhat unruly hair sleek & shiny. Fabulous product! Also purchased styling creams for Steampod, also very very good.

Comments

PS: purchased from ry.com.au for $200 & free post!!! ($300 from salons)

PPS: My photo is a photo of my dog, whose hair is also somewhat unruly. (She doesn't use the steampod)

PPPS: Still loving my Steampod, but would caution that your hair needs to be in reasonable condition beforehand... ie it won't work as well on heavily bleached hair and if your ends have not been ... read more »

1 of 2 pages