Perth WA

• 1 comment

Adelaide

• 1 answer
Private message

Order number :AU24922448. Disgusting customer service and denied the promotion code

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

I have made an order with a promotion code to have a free sweat towel when ordered over $150.00. I have contacted customer service and got a reply after 2 weeks, denied the promotion code is not shown on Australian website. Luckily I have taken a picture from their website, but still no replies so far. TBH, their replies disgusted me, who will spent $170.00 and care about the $25.00 sweat towel???

Verified Customer

Rude staff, no refund despite not fitting

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2017

Not happy... took back a top that didnt fit and was told no refund despite being 2 days later, with receipt, in original packaging and tags on. The employee "assisting" me was certainly not pleasant. Not shopping here again.

Online shopping

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2017

I tried to order online, it has taken over 1 week as the website will not accept my details.
I emailed the Lorna Jane customer care and had no response, so the next day I rang and was told there was some sort of fault with reading my payment details and that it would clear & reset with in 24-48hours. Tried again 48 hours later & still no good : / frustrated!!!!

Parafield gardens

Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2017

This was my First time buying from Lorna Jane but can't say I was disappointed. I placed my order on a Friday and received it Monday. Delivery was pretty fast which was great and regular updates on the delivery were a bonus. Would use again.

Verified Customer

Double charged for online purchase and terrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2017

Terrible quality - see-through tights

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

I bought a pair of the Core 3/4 (high waisted) black tights from Lorna Jane, and after approximately 3 washes the material started to get thinner. It wasn't until I was doing a "Child's Pose" in front of the mirror in a class, did I notice that you could see my underwear in all its glory (so embarrassing!). Stupid enough I decided to go back to Lorna Jane and buy a new pair of tights. I tried on both the "Focus Core 3/4 Tights" and the "Surrender Ultimate 7/8 Tights" and true enough, after plenty of crouching and bending in the fitting rooms yo u could see the colour of my underwear peeking through the tights. When I left the fitting rooms, one of the sales ladies asked what I thought, and I told her that they were see-through and that you could see the colour of my underwear. Her response was classic - "Well, I personally wouldn't wear coloured underwear ha ha ha." I don't intend on spending $100+ on a pair of tights to then have to purchase specific underwear - no thanks, I will take my business elsewhere.

Verified Customer

Take your money and spit you out

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2017

Purchased a jumper and after one wear and wash the quality was terrible! Went instore to see what to do as wasn't happy with it and to make sure I wasn't washing it incorrectly was pretty much accused of wreaking it. They sent it to their customer service department and after two weeks I hadn't heard anything so I went instore again to follow my top up and was pretty much pushed out the door! Wanted to know why I didn't receive a courtesy call and they told me they had tried to call and didn't want to leave a voice mail as it was hard to explai n, well why not leave a voice mail saying it's Lorna Jane please call us back on... My mum called customer service to complain and apparently my jumper was there all along. They deemed the jumper not faulty and told me that this is normal for the fabric to go like this and told me to razor it. I went to collect the top the next day and the store assistant was too busy talking to her friend to service me and after leaving the store I noticed there was a pull in the sleeve that wasn't there before I was also accused of doing this. After demanding a refund or exchange to the manager she started arguing with me over the phone and said that she wasn't going to do that as it wasn't faulty she requested that I should send the item to her and they will razor the jumper and couldn't do much about the pull on the sleeve. I'm still waiting for the eparcel a week and a half later to send the jumper back with no communication from them. And after not wearing my jumper for over a month I can pretty much kiss goodbye anything getting done about my jumper. Just a word of warning to reconsider purchasing Lorna Jane product. Quality is poor for the large price tag! And the customer service is disgusting!

Refund policy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2017

No refund policy is simply unacceptable. For the price of the products, you would expect a refund be available ... I purchased 3 items for my daughter and unfortunately she did not like them ... I will not make the same mistake by purchasing active wear from here again

Epping

• 6 comments

Poor quality!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2017

Very disappointed! I purchased exercise leggings from the epping plaza store in Epping vic. for my daughter ,with your logo written on one leg they were only washed a couple of times, and the writting is aleady pealing off! For the amount of money i paid for them really shouldn't happen! I was better off buying kmart ones that actually last longer. Lost me as a customer!! Joan.

Verified Customer

Full Length isn't long enough for taller people

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2017

I'm sad that over the past few years Lorna Jane is reducing the length of their full-length tights.
I'm a 6ft loyal customer who has been looking elsewhere for her full length tights as Lorna Jane has penny pinched a little too much off theirs:-(

Logan Village

• 3 answers
  • 9 helpful votes

Lorna Jane - Carelessness by the Carindale Store Staff

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2017

I visited the Carindale QLD Lorna Jane Store to purchase a 3 piece matching sports outfit for my daughter for Xmas 2016, we visited the store late December 2016. As the store is orientated for a female clientele I had certainty that the lady who served me/us would of known the required questions to ask a younger girl who was getting her very first sports type clothes set fitted.

Initially the process seemed good and we left with the outfit, however afterwards and when the set was tried on again at Xmas it was too tight, shortly after in the
month of January 2017 it was tried on and subsequently put to the side as it was simply too tight and uncomfortable to be worn.

Initially Lorna Jane said she must have grown over Xmas, what an insulting comment to receive back from them as the reason for the tight fit.

Get this, After I raised the issue to Lorna Jane (I simply requested all garments to be swapped to a bigger size) the head office basically took the view that "they understood the situation" and that my daughter, Quote "may not yet of found her own voice yet to say they were to tight of a fit the day of trying them on" (What nonsense)

My Daughter did say they were too tight to the staff member and it was ignored and the reply was "they will stretch" was all that was provided as a remedy and any one would expect being in a store that comment they will stretch could be the actual fact as they sell the items daily and should know their products.

However realistically looking back now it was the lady that wanted the sale and to move on due to the fact extra customer service may of simply just been too hard.

Word of warning, if you buy from this store (I suggest go to Rock-wear instead) make sure if they offer a free gift like a stupid diary that you give it back, what they do is add it to the receipt at full price and credit it back to apply a promotional item. Then when you go to discuss issues they say the diary has to be paid for or deducted from the purchase and it is used as leverage.

I had already committed to buy the items and then the lady stuffed a "Free Diary" into the bag (her words) Of which we did not even want as people enter schedules into smart phones these days not paper diary's that don't sell at shops. How convenient after the fact when the $39 is put in your face later as a cost to the sale during their promotion. What a joke.

Lorna Jane, you simply have a low life attitude to the most simplest request and you need to take ownership of what stories your staff are saying to cover their butts. my reasonable request to swap over the wrongly fitted clothes and the result of this negative feedback I hope reduces potential buyers interests in your products.

Also if you have been burnt by a store take up the matter with OFT as any representation from a staff member that results in an issue with the product entitles the buyer to a full refund. in our case we relied on the staff to provide correct fitment and it was not done.

The OFT process I will attend to next.

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

poor quality that compromises refund and exchange policy

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2017

I purchased a pair of tights from macquarie shopping center. I tried them on and they were a great fit, so i stuck my head out to ask if there was a shorts option available. Another customer pointed the assistant in my direction, so i asked. I was informed that it is too cold here for shorts and therefore i shouldn't ask such a silly question. The other customer was in shock, but then started giggling as i explained im going on a holiday in a fortnight and its going to be really hot there. I paid for the tights and went home. That evening i wan ted to show them off to my boyfriend. As a picked up the cardboard tag (i wanted to show him the name and price of the tights) the fabric label came off.... As it was after hours, i sent a message to Lorna Jane. I received a response the next morning stating that i must have done it... and because that tag is removed i am not allowed a refund or exchange... I really really hope the tights themselves don't fall apart but based on the other reviews i suspect they may only last a few months.
the paragraph before describes the last time i went into a Lorna Jane store. The time before that was over a year ago, as their customer service left a bad taste in my mouth. The second last time i was look for another gym wardrobe, as my previous set was now too big for me (yay to me for loosing weight). I went in at Lorna Jane at Erina, and grabbed some items in S and XS. I quickly concluded that S was too big for me and when the assistant came around to see how i was going i said i still had another few things to try on. Next was XS, and that was too big. The second time the assistant came around i asked i came out, showed her and my mum a top i was wearing and asked if they had a smaller size. The lady looked at the tag and informed me that they don't. She asked if what i was or wasn't going to take. I replied that i wouldn't be taking anything as i am too small for Lorna Jane (i personally was proud that i had lost enough weight) and the assistant response was "fatten yourself up again".... I couldn't believe it. Ive never walked into Lorna Jane at Erina since then.

Private message

NO Exchange and NO Returns! SCAM POLICY!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

Faulty product

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

Tried to return a red sports bra that ran into a white Lorna jane top while I was exercising at whitfords store WA. The manager was very rude and unprofessional. She tried to say it was my fault that it happened, asked me the date I bought it - I shop at Lorna Jane just about every week and said I can't remember the exact date and if she could please look it up on the system. She was so unhelpful and said I had to contact head office. Wow! Regardless of the thousands I spend at Lorna Jane, it was clearly a default in the product so really the lady should have been more helpful. This is the first time I've had an issue with a product and any employee. I'll be making sure Head Office hears of her incompetence.

Item not as described

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2017

I bought a winter down coat from Lorna Jane as the product was described to be thermal and I was also advised by the store person it would keep me warm for outdoor use which I said I wanted it for. I wore the jacket in the cold and I was freezing! had I known the jacket was not actually a warm and thermal coat there is no way I would have bought it, it was very expensive and doesn't do what it says it does! A refund for the product should be offered. I usually love Lorna Jane products but am extremely disappointed in this purchase.

Geelong

LORNA JANE GEELONG --- Ripped OFF

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2017

Lorna Jane --Geelong Store
I purchased a number of items in Feb, 2017. I spent over $150.00, so l received Lorna Janes $30 discount -all good so far!
I returned a pair of tights (from that purchase) -May 2017 as they were faulty. As they no longer had my size, I proceeded to try on some other tights for the same price. When the exchange was put through I was charged an additional $20 which was part of my original discount!!!
Really Lorna Jane????
YOUR product was FAULTY and l only wanted to EXCHANGE the item ... there was NO difference in the original cost!!!
NO MORE LORNA JANE FOR ME!!!

Melbourne

Terrible Service and Terrible Returns Policy

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

Bought three things online that had some type of small discount on them. Used the size guide to ensure I got correct sizes. Placed the order but then the next morning a 30% off promo starts. I contact customer service asking for promo to be applied given I'd only just ordered, and all my sizes were still available, plus my order had not been despatched yet. Didn't hear back for days.

Meanwhile order arrives and there's a mark on the top - looks like makeup and there was a yellow price sticker on the tag so I assume it was tried on at a stor
e somewhere. Not only that, but the shorts I ordered were way too big! No where near do they sit within the size measurements on the website!

So all in all very disappointed with the order and then I finally hear back that no they won't apply the discount to my order...end of story! Wow, I'm so unimpressed and as mentioned to them, I'd never ordered from them before.

I then ask the question about just going to store for a refund only to discover online that because the items were discounted I can't get a refund only an exchange which is useless as their sizing runs too big for my tiny frame!

Never would I recommend Lorna Jane to anyone. They couldn't care less about the fact I missed out on $30+ dollars of extra discount - not one care factor to go 'Wow, we're so glad to have you as a new customer to Lorna Jane. We don't normally apply discounts on purchases outside the promo period but given you only missed out by a day and you contacted us during the promo period and we failed to get back to you before it ended we will gladly offer you the discount amount this one time. Thank you for shopping at Lorna Jane, we will process the credit now.' No instead they simply aggravate their new customer who will never shop with them again and tell all their friends to check out the reviews here before bothering with a company who doesn't care about its customers.

Cape Town

Never Shop Online!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

This company is full of problems. I order online and it should be in 8 working days, After 30 days nothing...no parcel? No money? When I contact them, they reply that delivery UPS company have a problem and I must contact them. Why must I contact the delivery company? I order from Lorna Jane not UPS, I need my order!

Armidale

Terrible Customer Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2017

Bought $110 tights from Lorna Jane and within one week a hole had begun to rip through the knee. Spoke to customer service and explained that nothing outside of regular exercise had caused these tights to rip. I was appalled that they deemed this as my own fault and refused to do anything about it other than reassure me that it was not their fault provide a 20% discount for another pair as "a gesture of good will". I have owned a number of much cheaper tights and never had such an issue so would not recommend spending the money.

1 of 7 pages

I'm usually a size 10 and it says that the size 10 in leggings at lorna jane are size small should i get small or go for the medium one?

Wina asked on Jul 27, 2017

Answer this

I'm an Aus 10 sometimes 12 and the small fits perfectly! Not right or anything and the core styles suck in everything in the stomach area. Stick with the smalls!

I spent over $350 to get the promotion of 3/4 tights with Lorna Jane online (with $160 to get them through NZ customs). I entered the code for the promotion, selected my size and paid for the order. My order arrived and the free tights for spending over $350 were not in there but a random 9% discount for no apparent reason has been applied to each item on my order to take it 95c under the $350 cost for the free tights and instead of paying over $350 like I thought I've paid $349.05 and got no free tights? I've never shopped at Lorna Jane before and been given a discount without a sale being on for just being a good customer and I have spent thousands with Lorna Jane. The order was definitely over $350 when I brought the stuff and adds up to just over $380 when you look at the items online. So what's going on? I know I selected the code, the colour and the size but suddenly I've been given a discount to take me 95c under getting the free promotion?

Teresah asked on Mar 16, 2017

Answer this

Exactly same experience. They questioned me in the email that the promotion code is not shown in Australian website, and I have sent them the picture I have taken from their website. No replies so far. I assume they are trying to provide the promotion code to mislead the customer to over spent. And then deny the promotion is subject to T&C if there are any complaints.

There are many women over 50 who do not want to look ridiculous in tights but exercise regularly. Why do you not cater for us? We need comfortable, fitting track pants. Not baggy and ridiculous, but modern and flattering!

claire asked on Feb 24, 2017