melbourne, VIC

Private message

this is good natural ointment

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

love this product , its good , we buy more after 1st use and its cheap
absolutely love lucas pawpaw ointment ,not the other brand.I am also use for my dry skin and cracked feet
it works.

Purchased at: Amcal

• 1 comment
  • 9 answers

Not for me!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

Sorry to say but I find this grease & sticky overload, I wouldn't mind that if I felt it did me some benefit to my skin, but it just made me feel horrible & dirty, sorry give me Vaseline any day, not a winner for me.

Purchased at: Priceline

Private message

Must have ointment in any home!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2017

I absolutely love Lucas' Papaw Ointment! So great to use for anything! When my kids were babies, it was the best product for nappy rash, worked better than nappy rash creams. Recently I bought more to use for cracked lips. I love the fact that it treats and acts as a barrier for rashes etc. It's great value for money as you don't need to use a lot at a time so it lasts a long time. You can buy small tube or larger tub

Purchased at: Woolworths

It does what it needs to do!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2017

Lifesaver for chapped lips, dry skin (that appears flakey over make up) and it even helped the eczema in my hands heal faster! One small tube had also lasted me over 2 years! Good purchase.

brisbane

Awesome!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2017

Really cheap and love the way it can be used for anything, from allergies to dry skin and lips. Been loyal for many years, truly amazing product for every situation

Love this

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

My mother in law got me into this and I've been using it ever since! Ive got probably 8 tubes all around the place. I find it's really good for nappy rash and dry lips, also I use it on my fingertips

Melbourne

Private message

Just alright..nothing special about it

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

After hearing how good this ointment is on several social medias, I had decided to give it a try. My lips often get very dried during winter so I put some on several hours before bed time and left it overnight. Nothing changed the day after when I washed it off, my lips were still pretty dry...

Purchased at: Chemist Warehouse

Does the job!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

Winter is here, what should I turn to to help with my dry skin/lips? I decided to try Papaw Ointment out as I have seen many people use it in the past for similar reasons. Honestly, once applying the ointment, the area of concern does ease itchiness/irritation right away for me. If the first application doesn't work, then once applying a second time...the job is done after that. I do feel that Pawpaw is good in providing consistent moisture. Really helpful especially during the drier winter months.

Seaford Rise, South Australia

It does the job

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

I mean for a basic balm, this one does the job.
I don't know if there are any major benefits from using this one versus any other balms or cremes, but I do like the consistency.
But it is a bit pricey for something so basic. I'm not sure I would buy regularly, but I would use if I had it

STICK TO VASELINE (CHEAPER)

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2017

I always use to use vaseline for my lips during winter, I thought i might try the papaw, i applied it to my lips and the next day my lips started to get dry very easily and i had to apply almost every bloody hour!!!! Wouldnt recommend it.

Aspendale Gardens

• 4 helpful votes

Quite good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2017

As far as lip balms go it's quite good, doesn't dry out like some do. The packaging looks fancier than Vaseline which probably adds some appeal but does what it's supposed to do and that's keeping lips moisturised!

Perth

• 1 comment
Private message

Best product ever, does MORE than it says!!!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2017

I am an allergy sufferer and build up intolerance to products, Lucas Papaw is the best find I have made. I use it as a moisturiser, especially on my face. Granted you may want an old pillowcase on your pillow, but I promise you, give it a week, and you will see and feel the difference. Other products leave me looking like the movie Hitch, but not Lucas Papaw. My work friends are all using it now and can't live without it. No more expensive moisturisers for them either. You can read all these reviews but can I suggest, buy a tube to try, w orst that can happen.....you have the best lip balm. This product Is great for burns, bites, I even use it on my pup for healing, my friend put it on her pups belly when he had a rash, gone and not harmful if they lick it. Seriously try this on and for anything. You won't regret it. Be sure not to get the imitation brands as they are not the same. Has to be Lucas Papaw made in Brissie. Other makeup creams and products burn my eyes, yes I have sensitive skin, but it really does work with no irritations whatsoever, even winter, use as a full body moisturiser, wrap up in your jam jams, see how your skin is in the morning, and after 1 week, even 1 day, you will really notice the difference. A lady posted to say mostly petroleum jelly, pores clog, Never ever has this happened to me ever, me personally, it is nonsense, just try it, You will love it, it's a godsend, and seriously try it on anything and everything, you will be amazed how it helps, heal, ease, etc, sunburn, instant relief, blisterers, bites, but my favourite moisturiser ever!!!!! I have no doubt you will not waste money on the makeup branded moisturisers after using Lucas Papaw!!!!!!

Brisbane

Overpriced petroleum jelly

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2017

The amount of the "active ingredient" is almost non-existent. You're really just paying for an overpriced Vaseline or petroleum jelly.
The texture hardens overtime, especially of you buy the tub. And heating it between your palms is more of a unpleasant sticky situation. I prefer Vaseline myself as its smoother and silkier to use, plus saving the papaya industry, for such a small amount of it used... It's creating a shortage globally.

South Australia

It's good for dry lips!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2017

When I had braces I had dry lips. This Papaw Cream was awesome to help moisturise my dry lips when it needed life. I would totally recommend to those who get super dry lips. It is such a good price as well.

Brisbane

Meh

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2017

Honestly don't understand why people love this rubbish. It's basically Vaseline. It's disgustingly greasy, doesn't moisturise and smells terrible.

Don't bother wasting your money on this rubbish. There are better products out there

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

New South Wales

Multi-purpose!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2017

I always buy the Papaw Cream in a tub, because I live with four other people who use it in the house. I can use it in many different ways.
1. If I have sore, chapped lips, I apply it and it soothes the mouth. It has a sweet taste to it, but I try not to swallow.
2. It heals burns, scars, scabs and other skin conditions.

It doesn't heal eczema, boils or pimples, which makes sense, I mean, one cream can't solve all your life problems! It is a non-irritant, I have sensitive skin, so this is perfect for people like myself.

It's great that I only need a smudge on my index finger and voilà! My family and I will continue to use and enjoy this product, especially since there is no expiry date!

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Brilliant product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2017

I have been using this ointment for over 30 years - onetime had a large splinter -put on ointment overnight and wore a sock and in the am the splinter was inside sock and at the moment in the throes of getting rid of blind boils on face - one of which is now almost clear cleared and the other one being treated at the moment. I have used it on my dog for eczema and it was brilliant - gave some to a few friends who had some piercing done and would not heal - within days healed - nothing short of miraculous.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

perfect profuct for chapped lips

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2017

I love buying this for my relatives when I travel overseas. Its a light pricier than the competition but I find its worked the best so far on chapped lips and burn marks

Purchased at: Priceline

Outstanding product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2017

I've had severely cracked lips for several weeks due to using a CPAP machine; nothing was helping- not coconut oil, not standard vaseline, not standard lip balms. Remembered I had this is the cupboard and started using it. Within two days they were much improved and now a week later completely normal. I apply it before bed and again once or twice during the day. Superb result. And to those who say its glorified vaseline? I don't care if it is. It works better than vaseline did and I'm happy! HIGHLY recommended

Langwarrin

• 4 answers

Love Love Love

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2017

This product is a must in any home. My tradie son loves it, my grandson who is scared to use medicinal products loves it and I love it. I have psoriasis and it's been a huge benifit. When you have it on a large amount of your body as I do you can't use a medicated steroid cream as you can only use it on a small area at a time. Because this is natural I can use it when ever I want. I love the big tubs for home and tiny tube for my handbag. My friend uses it on her foster baby Roos and wombats too to keep their skin soft and protected.

1 of 21 pages