• 2 comments
  • 7 helpful votes
Private message

This stuff is great. Best for cracked and raspberry lips.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2018

I was recommended this for my son who licks his lips as a stress thing at school causing them to go red and crack. This has been the best thing for it.

can't live without it

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2018

Been using Lucas pawpaw ointment for really dry skin its great I love it I put it on everyday skin is a lot smoother and not itchy I Weill continue using it

Its the BEST

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2018

Lucas' Papaw is the greatest multi-use product i own. I have a tube of it in my work desk, handbag and nightstand. I find it great for dry lips, insect bites, grazes and nail cuticles.

Love it. Helps with dry lips and even cuts

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

I can use this for literally anything and it's so useful. I love it so much. Had cuts on my thigh when I tripped and fell over in a bush, used this and my cuts were healed the next day.

Banksia

• 5 answers
Private message

Best ointment for rashes and skin hydration without a doubt

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

I cannot praise this ointment enough. It has the best healing and hydration properties I have come across. For nappy rash or sweat rash this clears it up and heals the skin. Also, to keep your skin plump and hydrated, after your shower, put an amount about the size of a pea in your hands, blend it through your hands and rub it all over you face and neck. Over a period of an hour or so it will soak into your dry area's of skin and sit on top where it is lest needed. keep rubbing back into you whole face and neck until it all absorbs. This helps keeps your skin soft, hydrated and I believe helps prevent fine lines. I use this ever day and everyone always complements me on my skin. Give it a try you will love it. Don't spend a fortune on expensive creams, this works and also prevents chapped lips, I love it !!!

• 3 helpful votes

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

Nothing better then being able to pull out my paw paw ointment and the best part is it's versatile i use it for everything and when my baby has nappy rash aswell.

• 9 helpful votes

Introduced when I was breastfeeding

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2018

My sister gave me a pot of Lucas Pawpaw Ointment almost 20 years ago when I was still in hospital after the birth of my daughter.

She suggested I use it on my sore nipples. It worked a treat and I’ve used it ever since for itches, dry skin and lips.

Would recommend to anyone and especially like having a handy tube in my handbag.

Adelaide

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2018

Excellent stuff, I use it for many things so does like everyone else in my family. Always carry one in my bag when I can, excellent to have on for small things.

Perfect product,,

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

Excellent product. We use it for our lips and elbows. It is great for itchy skin and minor cuts. I would highly recommend this product to anyone. It is affordable and available at most grocery stores and chemists.

Melbourne

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

Cost Effective Product that Works!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2018

Have used this product for years.
Great all rounder for itchy skin, burns, scratches, mozzie bites, lips & even for kids & pets.
Have one in my bag, bathroom & car. Very affordable.

Melbourne, Vic

• 8 comments
  • 5 questions
  • 19 answers
  • 19 helpful votes
Private message

A must have in my cupboard

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

I've been using Lucas paw paw ointment for many years for itchy skin, as soon as I apply it the itching stops. It is just so reliable to have handy, is cheap and natural, I wouldn't be without it. So many other products claim to do this or that and nearly always fail I find, but not this ointment. I love it.

Ballina

• 4 helpful votes

Loved this

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

I have been through 3 tubes now, it is always in my handbag. Perfect for my lips and dry elbows but i also use it for so many other reasons as well. The kids also like it and we use for first aid as well. The scent and feel of it are great.

MENAI

First aid

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2018

I use Lucas' Papaw Ointment as a first aid for all the family, even for pats. The texture is really thick and oily but it's OK. It works really well on rash, burns, scratches. Happy with results. Must have one!

Melbourne

Two or Three Tubes (or Tubs) On The Go At Any Time

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2018

I have been using Lucas' Papaw Ointment for years and on anything from dry skin to burns to cuts. I currently have a tube in my bag and one in the car, and a small tub on my bedhead. I love the smell and texture and I believe this natural fruit derivative has magic healing properties for all manner of skin irritations and injuries - although I've never tried it on a bruise. The tube size is good and is reasonably priced. It also lasts a long time. The only downside is that it is very oily and takes a while to soak in, so I always make a mess of the steering wheel! But my skin feels super soft and moisturised after. Highly recommended.

Gold Coast

• 3 helpful votes

Perfect for cracked lips

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2018

Everyone I know recommends this and I can see why! Handy for those with cracked lips, and for minor cuts and scraps. Product is a bit thick, sticky and oily hence probably not best for face use except on the lips. Very affordable and handy to carry around. What I like most about it is that it contains papaya and is an Australia company/product

• 6 answers

Great stuff!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2018

Always keep a pot of this in my medicine cupboard and a tube in my handbag. Great for small burns as it stops the pain and the skin from blistering. Great for itchy skin and rashes, dry skin and small cuts. Best lip balm ever as it lasts for hours and is soothing on dry lips. Lucas PawPaw Ointment works when other products don't.

Can't live without it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

This product is cheap, easy to use, compact and effective. I use it on my lips generally however has come in handy for small scratches and chaffing on my baby. The package is distinct and easy to find in your handbag.

ulverstone

• 1 question
  • 4 answers

Amazing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2017

Lucas papaw ointment is Fantastic whether its for sore or dry lips.. great for dry elbows.. Your cracked heals.. even great for chafing. .always have one handy in the medicine draw and carry one in my handbag...

Brisbane

Ideal

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2017

Love this product, it comes in a compact red tube, easy to use, cheap price, available at almost any store. The papaw ingredient is very versatile. I use it on my lips when i have cracked lips, heals within within 24 hours. It has a pleasant smell. I use it on scars, i use it on cuts.

Capalaba

Handy bag size

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2017

I have a handy size in my desk at work, you never know when you will scratch or cut yourself and it goes on easy and aids with healing. I also have it at home and in my car.

1 of 22 pages

Can I use Lucas ointment to reduce my old acne scars? Also keep skin smooth?

Nickynr asked on Oct 26, 2018

Answer this

As scars are permanent, you will need to see a dermatologist to reduce them. Depending on the scaring, they may be able to reduce or get rid of them through either laser surgery and possibly through filler. However, the ointment will keep your skin smooth and hydrated.

Thank you ..all the way from Qatar

Can I use lucas papaw oitment to my chicken pox?

Hazel asked on Oct 24, 2018

Answer this

It won't heal your chicken pox during the contagious stage, you will have to use the right medication for that. However it may help reduce scaring and reduce itchiness during the healing stage.

Can I use papaw, on dry mouth?

Hazel W asked on Oct 01, 2018

Answer this

As your question can be taken 2 ways, I will respond with 2 answers and hopefully I answer your question.
1, If you are referring to dry / cracked lips, then yes, the ointment will definitely help heal and keep your lips moist and provide a protective layer.
2. If you are talking about the condition called dry mouth, then no, this is an internal problem where the salivary glands in your mouth don't make enough saliva to keep your mouth wet. Dry mouth is often due to the side effect of certain medications or aging issues or as a result of radiation therapy for cancer.: Tips for controlling dry mouth include:
1. Chew sugar-free gum or suck on sugar-free hard candies to stimulate the flow of saliva
2. Limit your caffeine intake because caffeine can make your mouth drier.
3. Don't use mouthwashes that contain alcohol because they can be drying.
4.Stop all tobacco use if you smoke or chew tobacco.
5.Sip water regularly.
If your medication is giving you dry mouth, it will go away once you stop the drug. ... Chemotherapy and radiation therapy for cancer can cause dry mouth. When the treatment stops, dry mouth usually goes away. Conditions that affect the salivary glands and cause dry mouth, such as Sjögren's syndrome, are usually lifelong.

See all 54 questions about Lucas' Papaw Ointment