Not overly impressed

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

One of my boys won't touch them the other two will I had hoped they would all like them. Not sure if I would buy again

disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2016

I agree with this I have been giving my dogs the original bonios for at least 20 years they were very good now since you have changed them I am having huge health problems with my dog because of the high level of wholegrain cereals it has caused his ph level in his urine to go skyhigh not only this but he has developed a very nasty skin allergy because of this why on earth would you change a product so dramatically you should have done your research I have taken my dog off them and I feel so sorry for him because he loved the original ones and always had 2 a day

Adelaide South Australia

• 2 comments
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Why did you change the recipe ??? BIGGER Profit ??

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2016

I have been purchasing this product for 15 Years

They have changed the recipe - its RUBBISH now my girls won't touch them.

Labrador rejected new bone biscuits!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2016

Our Labrador ditched the new smaller expensive bone biscuits, for a Labrador that's saying something! Found a better product fortunately.

Kilkivan

• 1 helpful vote

Disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2016

I am disappointed in the down sizing of the Lucky Dog bones from box to packet. Not only has the price been going up steadily over time but now with the changeover to different packaging the amount of bones has gone down by 20%. I have been buying this product for many years but now am trying different home cooked alternatives which has provided me with both an interesting challenge and the knowledge that I know exactly what is in my "treats".

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 helpful vote

New packaging.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2016

I have to agree this new packaging is just a ploy to get us to pay more for less. The biscuits are much smaller and the they have obviously changed the recipe.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 helpful votes

New packaging

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2016

I agree with both NOT HAPPY JAN and CHRIS T the new packaging is so deceitful in price and product, the biscuits are much smaller and the texture is different, and the prices is just about the same, the size from 1 kg to 800 g and they think we would not notice, i have been buying these biscuits for years now, but after this i will not be buying them again, its nothing but thievery, when will these companies realise consumers don't like to be ripped off.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

• 3 helpful votes

New packaging is deceitful

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2016

In November 2015 I was paying 4.50 a kilo, by December it had gone up 17% to 5.30 a kilo - ok, I accept I had been paying 4.50 for a long while and prices do eventually go up. But in Feb 2016, the packaging changed, along with the price, so now paying 4.99 for 800 gms, which equates to 6.23 a kilo and a 38% increase over 5 months, plus now the package can't be recycled, and the smell and texture is different. Typical behavior from Nestle - they ruined a great product. Just another product I will now buy elsewhere, probably online. And the big brands, suppliers and retailers wonder why they lose business? The consumer is smarter than big business thinks.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 question
  • 4 helpful votes

Repackaged

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2016

These bones have been repackaged and the net weight has decreased from 1kg to 800gm. Also they used to be in a box that could be recycled, the packet cannot. Have been buying them for years will not buy them again.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

A must have treat for your doggies

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2015

My dog loves it so much. I got him the minis pack with beef and bacon flavours just to see if he likes it. We finished the box within two weeks. We got him the 1kg box treat (original flavour) and he still is crazy about the biscuits. Its definitely a great way to treat your doggies. I'm not sure if the smaller breeds would like it especially if they are picky about texture and flavour. We have a staffy and he eats everything. Definitely worth buying.

• 2 questions
  • 6 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

My dogs love them.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2011

My furkids love these bones and one will swallow it whole and wait for another and would happily eat the whole box. They reasonably priced and you can usually buy them from most supermarkets. Another family member who has a smaller dog finds they are hard to break up into pieces but he loves them too so will happily do it for him. Cardboard packaging is great as don't have to store them in another container although they don't last long enough in our household to go really off and it can be recycled which I think is another bonus. I even find the furkids sneaking into the pantry and have busted them stealing them!!

+ Reasonably priced. Cardboard packaging is great.

- My dogs can't get enough of them.

• 5 answers
  • 118 helpful votes
Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2010

My dog loves these biscuits and I think they are a great treat for during the day. The one kilo box is great value and lasts a long time.

+ This is an affordable biscuit and my dog goes crazy for them! Even they are packaged in a cardboard box, you do not need to store them in air tight containers because the biscuits are already dry and won't go stale.

- Often when I purchase them, the bones have broken up inside the packaging. I don't know whether it is the supermarkets mishandling them when they're being moved around but it is annoying to not be able to give my dog a whole bone!

• 77 helpful votes
Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2010

My dogs love these bone shaped biscuits almost swallowing them whole in the excitment (my dogs are very large). I also work in animal welfare and have found that the majority of dogs love these treats however some of the smaller fussier dogs tend to not even want to try them. The large box is great for people with a large number of dogs as it goes a long way and is not expensive. This is a good quality product.

+ My dogs love these bones. Inexpensive. Available at most supermarkets. One kilo box, lasts for ages.

- Some fussier small breed dogs tend not to like them.

• 1 comment
  • 53 helpful votes
Private message

Bad

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2010

I got these to give as a treat which my dog enjoyed for the first half of the packet. He then lost interest and would not eat them. I found that they splintered and the left over crumbs really attracted ants. They pack was thrown away beofre it was finished. The dog did not seem to enjoy the taste but liked being given them. I think that there are better treat prodcuts out there.

+ Cheap, easy to pick up at the supermarket, good size.

- My dog got tired iof the novelty before the packet was finished and we had to throw the remainer away. Splintered and made a mess.

sunshine west, vic

• 156 helpful votes

OK

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 09, 2010

an affordable reward for your dog if they like the taste...great shape for dog to grab onto..unfortunately our dog no longer likes these treats so we wont be buying them..

+ initally our dog thought these were a great idea and tasted yummy,not too costly and easy for the young kids to give to the dog as a reward/treat...dont smell too doggy.

- when bitten breaks into many small pieces which isnt ideal when young children are about the house...my dog no longer takes an interest in them...often we have found them hidden in the dirt or not touched at all by him

• 1 comment
  • 28 helpful votes
Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2010

They aren't too expensive and one box does seem to last a while - althought our dogs only get one each morning as a treat. They are a good size and it's good to make your dog sit and obey a few commands first. I can't comment as to whether they taste good, our dogs never decline them - but then again, our dogs eat anything!

+ Our dogs love these bones and it is nice to use them as a snack reward each morning. They are big enough to enable kids to hold them and hand feed to a dog (with adult supervision of course!).

- I'm not sure how nutritious they are. I really don't think they help to freshen breath and at the speed that my dogs can crunch and chew them down - I doubt they do much to clean their teeth either.

• 59 helpful votes
Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2010

Good for a quick treat for dogs, or if you're trying to train one. The roughness of the small bone like treats appears to be good for their teeth, or at least I'm guessing that's the purpose of how brittle they are! Good for training larger dogs, they wouldn't be suited to puppies. I often use one to tempt my dogs to go outside at night and leave the warmth of the house!

+ Dogs go wild for them, healthier than throwing the dog kitchen scraps, cute shapes

- Nothing, I was happy with them and my dogs still eat them sometimes.

• 57 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2009

my dog absolutely loves these. She waits at the door every morning as she knows what is coming, sometimes this means 5am when she hears me get up. At one a day the box lasts quite a while unless as she has before got into the container and eaten the lot. i think these are the perfect treat.

+ Good amount per box. i think these are great for medium to large dogs. they are value for money. must be quite tasty. good to chew on. good for dogs teeth, they come in different flavours.

- i dont have any complaints about this product

Sydney

• 44 helpful votes

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2009

these lucky dog bones were not very interesting to my dog, he would not touch them. i wouldn't buy them again.

+ they look nice, are supposed to be good for there teeth, good to have on hand as a treat for tricks and things.

- i don't think they taste very nice my dog wouldn't eat these "treats" ended up throwing the box out.

• 44 helpful votes

OK

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2009

A great treat for dogs, every now and then though as I am sure the product is of low quality. The dogs love them though, and they are affordable. So not a bad option. Wouldnt be feeding it to them all the time though.

+ Dogs love them.

- Probably low quality.

1 of 2 pages

These are no longer available in Coles or my local Woolies. Have they gone out of production? Not a great product but an easy treat which my Cavies expect when I leave the house.

Gogie asked on Oct 28, 2016

Answer this

I only shop at IGA and they stock it but the packaging bears no resemblance to the box they originally came in. They now come in a much smaller bag with a zip lock top and are easily missed onthe shelves.

where can i buy the lucky dog adult biscuits, the last ones we bought are not the same recipe, and my dog will not eat them? cant find these in the supermarket anymore, only the newer packaging with small biscuits, they are crap!

franca asked on Jul 26, 2016

Answer this

you cannot buy the old recipe biscuits anywhere - nestle, which own the brand, have changed the recipe. You will have to find a different biscuit from a different brand. Just a personal recommendation, but you could try this product which is available in most supermarkets that stocked the lucky dog biscuits - "natures gift , just natural, brownie crunch" - good value, and my fussy dogs love them, (probably more than they like the original lucky dog biscuits) - look for a green bag. I tried some biscuits from online pet food wholesalers, but they were similar to the new lucky dog biscuits and did not appeal to the dogs as much as the natures gift branded biscuits, hope this helps.

thanks jan, I will try natures gift, just natural brownie crunch!

Product Details