This product has been discontinued by Lumina.

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Handy, but the strobing light gives me a migraine

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

Very handy and works well but I have to set it up on the laundry bench so I don't see the strobing. The first time I used it I had it in the kitchen and ended up with a migraine. It should have been made out of an opaque material like pottery to hide the light constantly going off and on

Sydney

• 1 answer

Date Purchased: Sep 2015

Great oven substitute

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2017

This oven is fantastic. It's extremely reliable, and cooks quickly and evenly. We use ours at least four times a week. The only small issue - it doesn't handle baking well. I suspect because of the flow of air and heat. Things like cakes and cupcakes tend to come out over cooked or burnt on top, and uncooked on the bottom. The oven relies on constantly moving air, so anything that isn't open is likely not to cook properly - this means dishes such as quiches or baked pastas don't cook particularly well, though they are still edible. It does best with cuts of meat, heating up frozen items, and roasted vegetables.

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

It serves it purpose

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2017

I was not expecting much after purchasing another brand, which I loved. Pros- this works just fine for what I use it for. Cooking bacon, sausage for breakfast and heating up foods.
Cons- the top can only be wiped clean because it is all attached and the need for an extender ring. I've had this for since October 2016. It has been a good value for the money.

Brisbane, Queensland

• 15 answers
  • 112 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Fast and economical

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2017

I never wanted to use this appliance and resisted for months. Finally one day I gave in and used it instead of the traditional oven. I was amazed at the perfect job it did. I didn't expect the results to be just like a normal fan forced oven at all. Since that epiphany, I haven't stopped using my bench-top oven. It's fast, economical, easy to clean and reliable. I was so impressed, I bought one for my son and his wife. She too is over the moon with hers.

MOUNT DRUITT

• 2 answers

Date Purchased: May 2011

The best thing i have bought from aldi

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2016

Perfect for cooking any kind of meat and it takes no time to clean unlike your normal kitchen oven or grill. I have had mine for years and it finally died so i got another one with the halogen heating element and it cooks even better and faster.Will always buy this kind of cooker in the future.

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Heating Element Blew on 3rd Use. POOR Quality

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2016

Well...it did work well when it worked. I only got to use it 2 times. 1st time was the 10 minute initial duration suggested by the instruction booklet to burn off excess oil in motor. 2nd time was for 30 minutes to reheat a large fried chicken breast that was frozen. I was looking forward to using it tonight (Christmas Eve) to cook some fish. As soon as I turned it on a bunch of sparks flew and that was it, no heating element. It still ran as far as the other components but it's useless without the heating element. Had to move the fish to the o ven to cook instead. Glad I saved my receipt and the box. It's going back to Aldi after Christmas. I am so very disappointed in this unit. I will buy another convection oven but it won't be this brand.......

Another reviewer said their oven caught on fire. Perhaps they too had a problem with the heating element in thier unit. mine did not catch fire. It just blew with lots of sparks flying but contained within the bowl since the lid was on.

Date Purchased: Jun 2015

A dangerous appliance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2016

Have had this oven since purchased, in cupboard and not used. First try and burst into flames. Destroyed unit. Could have been house. Thankfully was NOT left unnatended so saved the house. Beware!!
Never got to even try out the cooker as flames erupted and went to around 1 metre high. Again, BEWARE.

Melbourne

• 6 answers

Portable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2016

Love this oven! If the day is hot you can cook your roast outside to stop the house heating up. Perfect for cooking roast pork (keeps your oven clean). It's a great back-up oven for high volume cooking. Also great for low volume cooking, for those living alone. I highly recommend this product.

Sydney

• 4 answers

Value for Money $$$$$

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2015

Value for Money. Cant ask more for the price what we have paid. Suitable for a small family. Cooks quicker and saves energy. Ideal for pizza, chicken kebabs and vegetables. Reliable. Better to be keep the temperature 10 deg more than the recommendations on the manual. Easy to clean as well. Handy to have one of this oven besides the traditional ovens.

wellington NSW

• 11 answers

Excellent value!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2015

I have just purchased this product and am very happy with the ease of operation and efficiency of the oven. Cooked pork belly roast with potatoes, carrots, onions and garlic and all cooked to perfection. I will be using it to cook a cake next then trying pizza. Excellent value for the price!! The box was damaged but the product was in perfect condition

Cooks quicker and saves energy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2015

I have had one for over 3 years and it does a great job of the cooking. The only thing you need to remember is to turn the temperature up about 10-15 degrees Celsius higher than what you would cook at in a fan forced oven.
I now only use the oven if I need more space. I can cook a 1kg roast lamb, potatoes etc in it that will easily feed 4. Put the roast in for 30 minutes at 240c then wrap in foil and put potatoes around it and on the top rack and cook at about 215c for 45 minutes. Delicious and easy to clean. Does a great job of a pizza (check the size :-) ) and every thing else. The cost is amazing and mine is still working after 3 years.

Brisbane

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Brilliant, economical and easy to clean

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2015

I'm in love with this magic little oven. I notice there are complaints about cookbooks and recipes but, if you've cooked before, you should have a fair idea of how thing go.
I first threw in a 1.8kg chicken, turned it up to 220 deg centigrade for about 22-25 mins... turned it, reduced the temp to 175-ish and popped the timer on to about 30min. Gave the drumstick a twist and it seemed fairly mobile so, figured it was done. And it was. It was succulent and tender. I wrapped the chicken in foil to 'rest' and tossed in small-ish cut vegs with
garlic and seasoning, sprayed with olive oil and cooked them about 200deg for 20 mins. Everything done and a perfect roast.
I used a round pyrex dish and aside from tossing that in the dishwasher, there was NO cleaning. How could you not love that?
The small size, even though it does a roast meal, is perfect for small servings for one person. It heats up really quickly (I haven't bothered to do any pre-heating) and because of the small space, cooking times seem to be reduced particularly as there's a fan.
I did make a banana & date cake and found my timing off a little. It needed to cook longer than I allowed. No problem, I put it back in to finish off. If you remember that really thick and deep foods (like a cake in one big round pan), take longer... add time accordingly. I cooked this large cake for 40mins but it really needed 55 - 65mins. No biggie!
This little gem is probably one of the best purchases I've made from Aldi and at $45? A BARGAIN. Love it!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Fantastic

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2015

Have had mine for 4 yrs before I was game to use it! Have cooked, steamed fish/pizza/cake/sausages/chicken pieces & whole chicken/roast beef &vegs/toasted sandwich and more. Now that I've started, I won't be using my gas oven very often. I find it so easy to use even though I have no recipes - easy to clean also. When I did the cake - took out when it appeared to be done -let cool - uncooked middle -put back in and cooked more - tasted good!

Ipswich

good so far

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2015

I just bought mine from Aldii tried frozen pies browned them beautifully I had a different brand twice the price which blew after about 18 months so good value for what I paid I did make scones doughy underneath but I cooked them in top and think I should have used the bottom rack Think I will be happy

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Lumina aldi Convection Oven.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2014

We have have used this product since 2012 and have found the unit to be quite good. like any new product it took us a little bit of time to get used to it. Roasting is done well as long as you don't overload the unit. For the price ... good value and reliable.

+ reliable and well made for the price.

- would have liked a longer timer function.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Cooking Roast Pork For Easter Now

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2014

Ok, I searched google and youtube for instructions or recipe for cooking roast pork. I found nothing really other than a lot of negative comments. So at the moment I like the cooker just fine but ifit ruins the roast pork for lunch today I will change the review.. :)

+ Fast to cook with

- Very bright light and there should be a website by the company who sells or created this product to locate dowloadabl information to support the product.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Need an instruction book to gain maximum benefit from appliance even if I have to download it.

Bad after care service from HIFU(Aldi supplier)

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2013

My oven didnt work from first day onwards but we forget to check tht until few weeks. So i lost receipt but I have all the warranty certificates. HIFU(supplier) very rudely refused my request. never buy cheap Aldi stuff again..................... .................. who can keep all receipts each and every items sd

+ nothing

- No heating

Comments

Blew up after just a few uses. Useless.

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Excellent Warranty Service as well!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 02, 2013

Had my lid glass cover cracked after using several times and decided to email HIFU electronics who are responsible for any warranty claims. They got back to me so PROMPTLY and even replaced the whole set and posted it to me for free. Well done ALDI for collaborating with HIFU for such an excellent after sales service. Im gonna buy more Lumina products for sure!

+ Prompt customer service, value for money!

- Nothing really for the price you pay

Brisbane

• 2 answers
Private message

Can't live without it ,it cooks everything

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 19, 2013

Fantastic product that is easy to use.you can bake anything in it, my muffin tray even fits.perfect roasts ,salmon steaks,just about anything.ALso the time it takes to cook things is minimal.IT saves so much time for the working person or the stay at home working mum or dad.i highly recommend this product

+ Easy operation and self cleaning

Budgewoi, New South Wales, Australia

Private message

I can not live without mine!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2013

I LOVE my confection oven! I use it 5 out of 7 nights a week and i use it for absolutely everything! Had some perfectly cooked roasts, chicken pasta bake, you name it, iv cooked it and its turned out amazing! I honestly couldn't imagine how i would go if i didn't have one. I have a toddler so dinner is best done quick and with as little pots and pans as possible & without using an oven in case, god forbid she got past the gate blocking off the kitchen and burnt herself.

+ Its everything i could of asked for. Quick and easy to use and a quick clean!

- It didnt come with a recipe book so i spent $5 at kmart and brought one.

1 of 3 pages