Luxury Escapes previously offered $10 store credit to their customers to encourage them to write a positive or negative review. This campaign concluded early 2018. It is possible that reviews were written by customers who received such a reward.

Excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2018

Extremely easy to change my booking and the customer service rep was very efficient. I would highly recommend using Luxury escapes

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

HI Alexio,
What a wonderful review to read - thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

Superb value for money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2018

I ad to change my booking date and Gab was so very helpful and professional, a credit to the company.

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

Hi Chris,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - we definitely are appreciative of having a star like Gab in our team!

• 1 review
Private message

Top holidays and top service luxury escapes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

Recently booked a holiday to Thailand, communication breakdown meant I accidentally booked two rooms not one room for two people, which cost me double. Did not realise the error for 12'days as was on LE holiday in Vietnam. On my return found the error and contacted Luxuryescapes, I was informed they would do an investigation and issued a case number, one week later no reply. So I rang them again to find out the delay. I spoke to Jack at luxuryescapes support team . This young gentleman was outstanding listening to my plight and realising that this was just human error , putting my case to his supervisor and then advising me that luxuryescapes would fully refund my over booking. How's that for service in this day and age outstanding outcome , well done Jack and thank you luxuryescapes, great company with great holidays.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

Hi There, This is so fantastic to hear as Luxury Escapes definitely believes in 5 star service! We are thrilled to hear that Jack has done exactly this and provided you with the support we expect ... read more »

Mixed feelings

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

Booked The Sands, Khao Lak, Phuket.
Parts of resort were nice and parts were dirty and dated. Shade sail over adult pool was stained and needed to be replaced. The toilets near the massage area were nice and clean with modern basins but the door and handle were absolutely disgusting.
Our room was clean but the bath took 2 days to drain away. The shower was dangerous going from cold to very hot every 30 seconds or so. The maid turned our air con to really cold every time she came in when we preferred it to be just aired. We had sheets changed often enough but a couple of sets had holes in them. The pillows smelt damp which wasn't pleasant to sleep on.
The food in the resort was well priced and very nice. A good selection of foods and drink. Some of the wait staff were friendly and happy, the older ones were abrupt and rude at times.
Location of the resort is not very good. Over an hour from the airport. If you went out of the hotel the streets were a mess and the shops had very poor quality goods.
Meet and greet at the airport didn't speak much English, just had our name and grunted a couple of times. Literally wanted us to sign his sheet and go in the booked taxi.
We had a relaxing time. Overall it was a nice holiday and it was well priced for the service and quality we received.
We've had better Luxury Escape holidays and will continue to holiday with Luxury Escapes.

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of your stay at the Sands Khao Lak. Your comments will be passed on to the relevant team as we are focused on continually improving ou... read more »

Thanks for your response.
Our stay at Finolu, Maldives and Atlantis Palm, Dubai we’re amazing. Perhaps we’ve been spoilt by those experiences.....

Ho Chi Min/Da Nang/Naman Resort August 2018

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

My wife Ann and I booked the HCM/Da Nang/Naman Resort LE tour for August 2018. LE arranged everything for us, except our visas which we arranged ourselves and we departed on July 29th. After our 8 hour flight we arrived in HCM to be greeted by our limo driver, smiling the ever present smile which would define for us everything about Vietnam. We were warmly greeted at Hotel Equatorial, issued our room key and then proceeded to discover a bit of the local neighbourhood, finding a local restaurant which brewed their own beer, very common in HCM, played tag with the traffic and just enjoyed the sights and sounds of our neighbourhood. Early the next morning after a huge room service meal we jumped on our pre booked Vesper tour to visit some of the more significant sites in HCM, with a local guide we were able to gain an insight into the proud history of the Vietnamese , along with some of the outstanding local cuisine. Back at the hotel we retired to the pool and bar, sampling some great cocktails, some food at the hotel restaurant and an early night in anticipation of our early flight to Da Nang.
Da Nang is a beautiful part of eastern Vietnam, with beautiful sandy, clean beaches on the eastern shore and lush towering mountains on the western edge. Naman Resort, is the most beautiful resort in Asia i have ever had the pleasure of staying at, from the warm welcome of our ambassador, Tao, to the wonderful, location, warm friendly staff, outstanding restaurants and beautiful clean rooms, we had at last landed in paradise.
Our only complaint, we had to leave after eight wonderful days and nights. We will return.
Thank you Luxury Escapes.
Best regards
Albert and Ann peti

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

Hi Albert and Ann peti, Thank you for your great review! It makes us happy to know our members are having a great time on their escapes. We are glad you enjoyed your stays at Hotel Equatorial and... read more »

First Luxury Escape - probably the last

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

We booked a 3 night package at Ascoli Piceno in Italy through Luxury Escapes, expecting the package to live up to the 'luxury escape' title. While it was a nice hotel, the room was the smallest that we had ever seen (we had to keep our suitcases in the bathroom as there was no space in the room). You looked out the window at a wall and the people that live across the laneway, the soft drinks in the minibar were included in the package but didn't get replenished, on our 2nd night we had 1 towel for the 2 of us, and the list goes on.

The 3 course dinner and the service that was provided on one of the nights was the worst meal of our trip and the waitress seemed annoyed to have to serve us (gave my husband a death stare when he asked for the wine list). We also advised months in advance that we needed to change our dates by a few days which the hotel made us pay an additional nightly charge for which was surprising when they mentioned at check in that they no longer get tourists since the earthquakes.
Overall, it was a really disappointing experience and we were surprised that Luxury Escapes would offer 3 and 5 night packages of such a poor standard.

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

Hi there, Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to note your disappointment with your first escape - this is definitely not the experience we want for our members. We have sent you a priv... read more »

No empathy and cooperation

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2018

My wife and I were looking forward to a Luxury Escapes tour of India - a long-anticipated destination on our bucket list. A month before we were due to travel, my elderly mother fell gravely ill and we are advised that it would be unwise to travel at this time. We supplied Luxury Escapes with doctors' letters, specialists' letters etc - requesting not a refund but to defer our trip.
We experienced a total lack of empathy for our situation, were inundated by automated responses and frustrated by a constant run-around on the phone. When we finally managed to contact someone, we were told that the fine print prevented the changes, and that we should have had travel insurance (which does not apply when the person ill is over 80, as my mother is).
Basically we have to forfeit any monies paid. We are so disappointed and would like other travellers to know of our experience.

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

Hi Len, we're so sorry for your disappointment! We will always try to do everything we can to assist our members when tragic events happen, however, unfortunately, we are an agent for hotels, resor... read more »

Sydney

• 1 answer
Private message

Vietnam Ho ChiMinh Denang( AFP)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2018

Vietnam Equatorial Hotel Ho Chi Minh Naman Denang we booked extra night at Equatorial fantastic hotel & staff
our 2 Luxury escape to Vietnam 2nd visit to Naman good as the 1st visit (2016) Resort beautiful pools meals,room
airport transfers and many extras wonderful Staff friendly & very helpful We booked tours driver & guide very Knowledgeable I hope this deal comes up again as another visit I am sure we would book

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

Hi There,
Thanks for touching base and leaving a review for your Vietnam escapes. It does sound like you had a wonderful time on both!!
We can't wait to send you on your next adventure

Sydney

• 2 comments

Appauling Communication and Customer Service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

We recently toured Tanzania and Kenya through Luxury Escapes. the tour, accommodation, guides and food provided by Sanctuary were excellent.

However,very poor communication within Luxury escapes resulted in us arriving at Kilimanjaro Airport at 3.00 am without the pre-arranged transport turning up (even though I had emailed and phoned through to the local representative our firm arrival details). After several phone calls and over one hour waiting we had no choice but to pay USD70.00 for a Taxi trip to our accommodation.

To obtain a refund of the USD70.00 has been a saga involving several email messages with long delays in between, promises made but still no refund.

Why is it that an organisation as prominent as Luxury Escapes can't get their act together and provide some form of customer service?

Very disappointed and frustrated at the wasted time and effort.

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

Hi Bruce, Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. As per our Private message, we are doing the best we can to resolve this for you as quickly and efficiently as possible. Please keep... read more »

I have been waiting since 27 July for a resolution!

It really was a luxury holiday with Luxury Escapes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

My partner and I booked a Luxury Escape for 3 nights at Raffles Hotel in Dubai and we had the most amazing time last month. It truly was a genuine luxury escape for us! They are a delightful company to book with. Ric in particular was extremely accommodating when we had to make a last minute date change. I cannot recommend Luxury escapes enough. 5 star service and 5 star quality holidays.

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

Hi Donna, Thank you for your wonderful review! We want our members to have the best experiences and glad this was the case for you - from the service received from Ric to the holiday itself at the... read more »

Great Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

I booked a package earlier this year and the hotel ceased trading. I contacted Luxury Escapes Support and liaised with Gab. I was given a credit refund to use within the next 12 months and am very pleased at Luxury Escapes very reasonable and prompt assistance. I greatly appreciate the help and look forward to using my credit!

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

Hi Steph, Thank you for your 5-star review. We are so pleased to know that Gab was able to assist with providing a credit you can use towards another escape. We will pass on your feedback. We ca... read more »

Fantastic Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

I have a booking through Luxury Escapes, I booked our dates with the the Resort without any problems.
Later I when I needed to organise the times for our transfer I found that my emails to the Resort bounced back.
I rang Luxury Escapes and the delightful lady, said don’t worry we will organise the transfer and email you the details.
Within less than an hour the email arrived all sorted.
Apparently the email address at the Resort had been altered.
Absolutely the best customer service that I have received.

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

Hi Maggie,
We appreciate your review.
Customer service is super important and it means a lot to us knowing you experienced the best service from us!
We hope you will have an amazing holiday.
Kind regards,

Gosford

• 2 comments
  • 9 helpful votes

Third Luxury Escapes trip

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2018

Booked a 5 night trip to Shangri-La Rasa Ria resort (Ocean Wing) trip through Luxury Escapes. The resort was great, inclusions given by LE were brilliant. This holiday was well worth the money. Only downfall (NOT LE fault) was the Rasa Ria was semi isolated from other towns and villages so you couldn't have "street food" and it COULD have been pricey. But if you go to a 5 Star resort, expect to pay 5 star prices.

Overall we had a great time. We will go back there again.

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

Hi Tony, Thank you for your wonderful review. We love to hear our members having a great experience on their escapes and glad this was the case for you (on your third escape too). We also think ... read more »

Shocking customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2018

Having purchased an escape package to Rome, on check-in we were given a room that was the complete opposite to what the 'escape package' advertised. LE say that they will 'investigate' the complaint but they never bothered to respond. After 3 calls to LE, customer service advised that they are not responsible. Why then, do they advertise 'Luxury Escapes' if they don't deliver. The only recourse is an application to Consumer Affairs.

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

Hi There, Sorry to hear that you are dissapointed with the customer service you received. We always do our best to ensure Escapes are exactly as advertised so this is dissapointing to hear. We ... read more »

Wonderful service for worry-free holiday

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2018

Booked a 7 night package including buffet breakfast every day, return airport transfers, some dinners and spa treatments included! Luxury escapes make it so easy to book online, and we had no trouble getting the dates we wanted. We've had Luxury Escapes holidays in the past and have always been really happy. Unfortunately due to medical reasons we are now unable to travel at this time. Despite the short notice, Gab at Luxury Escapes support was efficient and understanding and has helped us tremendously. Thank you Gab! Can't wait for our next Escape.

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

Hi Lynn, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us! Whilst it is great that you had such wonderful support we are very sorry to hear you are unable to enjoy your Escape.... read more »

Booked flights

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2018

I have used Luxury Escapes for the first time to book some flights with Singapore Airlines and the service
was first class, have used for holidays previously and also was first class.

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

Hi Kelly,

This is wonderful - we are very glad to hear that you have enjoyed not only your holiday experience but your first flight booking with us.

Kind regards,

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2018

I booked a trek. I was unable to do the trek. Luxury Escapes did refund at least 80% of the cost which I was appreciate of. There was minimal fuss to do this and they processed the refund very quickly. I am very pleased with the customer service I received from Gab and Kristina.
Thank you!

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

Hi Pauline, Thank you for your 5-star review. We are thrilled to note you received great service from our helpful team members - Gab and Kristina! We hope you will get an opportunity to enjoy ... read more »

Hastings. N Z.

• 1 review
  • 1 answer

Double tree Penang

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2018

We recently took a 5 night Luxury Escape to the Double Tree Resort in Penang. Excellent value for money. Wonderful staff at the resort. Great breakfasts and buffet dinners. Helpful concierge. Nice room.Booked online- no hassles.

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

Hi Jim,

This is wonderful we are very glad to hear that you loved your stay in Penang!

Outstanding Holiday Experiences

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2018

We have booked four holidays with Luxury Escapes including USA, Canada, Dubai, China and Thailand. All experiences have been very positive and presented good value for money. Luxury Escapes are prompt, professional and willing to assist in a friendly and courteous manner. I would highly recommend their packages to both experienced and inexperienced travelers.

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

Hi There,

We have certainly sent you around the globe and it makes us happy that you have enjoyed each escape! We do our best to ensure our members get the 5 star treatment at all times.

Cairns

China Highlights tour

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2018

I booked a small group tour. Booking process and communications were good. We had a good group of people and all were reasonably fit. However more detail about level of fitness needs to be ascertained by LE as we did have an elderly lady who clearly needed assistance, which she got from the group members. Scheduling of flight into Beijing landing at 2-30am Australian time, into hotel by 3-30am and up on tour by 8-30am in Beijing was ridiculous and exhausting...walked about 6km fatigued. In every city tour guide takes group on ‘factory’ visits which were not in itinerary! This is just pushy souvenir shopping and we as a group refused to go a few times. Too much repetition of the likes of another tea ceremony in each city etc. not enough free time as it was usually allocated to travel time which you only find out in China when the guide in each city explains the real time schedule. Traditional dance theatre performance in Xian was poor standard, costumes ripped, dirty and needed throwing out! Guides were mostly very helpful and informative, spoke good English, Shangri La hotels were very nice to stay in, bus transport good. Yangtze River cruise was very nice, food great and service and room on boat clean and comfortable. Again, scheduling could have been better, arrived on boat first night at midnight and didn’t depart wharf til 5 pm next day...a long time not cruising? Not sure I would book a Luxury Escapes tour again.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

Hi Gail, Thanks for touching base with us and providing your honest feedback on your most recent tour with Luxury Escapes. We definitely take all of our reviews very seriously and would love th... read more »

1 of 35 pages