Luxury Escapes previously offered $10 store credit to their customers to encourage them to write a positive or negative review. This campaign concluded early 2018. It is possible that reviews were written by customers who received such a reward.

Mount Gambier

Pay 9 get 7

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2019

My daughter booked 2x 8-night packages for $1995 each package at Sofitel Bali. One package for herself and 2 kids, the other for my wife and me. My wife and I decided that we would stay for only 6 of the 8 nights. Before we left home we found that we could arrive in Bali on the original start date of the 8-day package. (Meaning that we would stay 7 days not 6.) LE said that we would have to contact Sofitel to change the booking. Sofitel said to contact LE - after all we did have a deal with LE. In the end when we arrived at the Sofitel we were told that a dearer room was available for our first night. The hotel wasn't full. The total result was that for our stay of 7 nights we paid for 9 nights.

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

Hi Keith, Thank you for your review. We have been in touch explaining the details of your booking. As we outlined, your booking was confirmed and processed for 8 nights only. Should you wish to s... read more »

Luxury Escapes fail the Customer Service Test:

Rule 1. The customer is always right.
Rule 2. See Rule 1.

Otherwise you run out of customers.

Keith

Great service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

I enquired about changing my Escape dates and Gab was wonderful in her attention to this matter. Very prompt response.

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

Hi Trace,
Thank you so much for your 5-star review.
We are very glad you had a great service experience and we'll be passing on your comments to Gab.
We hope you will have a lovely holiday!

• 2 comments

Verified Customer

China tour cancelled at short notice

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

We booked a tour of China through Luxury Escapes and found ourselves dealing with a company called Sinorama which we'd never heard of. Two weeks before the departure date we were told that our tour was cancelled and they had booked us on another at a later date which was unsuitable. We eventually received our money from LE but were left out of pocket for money we had paid directly to Sinorama and for our visas. Sinorama went into liquidation and LE refused to compensate us for our loss.

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

Hi Chris, Thank you for your review. We understand your frustration and are sorry that your tour was cancelled. As we have explained to you on numerous occasions in our previous correspondences... read more »

The "compensation" offered was a discount if I booked another tour with Luxury Escapes". So I have to pay them lots more money to get this "compensation"! It was only on condition that I delete my ... read more »

I should add that for months Luxury Escapes refused any form of compensation until I wrote this review. Then it was offered only on the condition that I delete the review. I also made it clear to t... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Amazing Customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 26, 2018

Needed to cancel my booking, couldn't have been easier and more simple. Gab was absolutely fantastic and processed my refund very promptly! Was a great outcome.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

Hi Sarah,
Thank you for your wonderful review and lovely comments for Gab!
We want the best service experience for our members and glad this was the case for you.

Great customer service!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 26, 2018

I booked a night stay at a hotel in Brisbane, but due to my child getting really sick we could not make it, so I corresponded with Eugene and Gab and they were able to re-book my stay for a later date without any issues.. Fantastic customer service. Thank you.

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

Hi Laura,
Thank you for your great review!
We are very happy to know that Eugene and Gab delivered great customer service. We hope you will have a lovely escape when the time comes.

Luxury Escapes

Good customer service from GAB.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 26, 2018

We had a booking for a two night stay at Peppers Manor House in Feb 2019 but due to an unexpected issue we asked if it could be changed to March 2019. GAB contacted Peppers and managed to get the booking changed and confirmed quickly.

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

Hi there,
Thank you for your review.
We are pleased to know Gab was efficient with changing your booking - we will pass on your lovely comments.
We hope you will enjoy your escape in March!

Appreciative cancellation and rebook

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2018

Having unfortunately broken my ankle we were unable to partake our original booking at Port Macquarie and rang and requested that the booking be cancelled and if possible to rebook later in the year when walking was possible.
Gab handled this request very graciously and we were able to rebook at a later date. Very much appreciated and handled seamlessly. Thank you

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We definitely do our best to ensure that all of our members are provided with 5-star service.

We hope you enjoy your escape when the time comes!

Not happy Jan!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2018

We purchased two 5 night packages for the 4 of us to the Raddison Blu Phu Quoc Vietnam and regretted it after spending our time there. The resort itself didnt get several things right despite claiming to be a 5 star resort. One example was that their special cocktail of the day was always out whenever we ordered. We got to the bottom of it from a senior manager there that it should never have been called special of the day at all.

We also found out the information that was provided to us in the package didn't match what the resort claimed to have offered in the package. Is this the case of miscommunication between the resort and Luxury Escapes? The resort claimed Luxury Escapes got it wrong and we had to have several discussions with their management to get what we paid for.

Once we returned to Sydney we contacted Luxury Escapes to let them know. The response we got from them was just a thank you for your feedback note. Nothing was said about making sure how their customers who have already bought this type of package and havent yet been there would be saved from the same problems we had or how they would ensure future packages would include the correct items as per the hotels' policies.

I would advise staying away from Luxury Escapes, given then level of poor customer service that I experienced.

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

Hi Rita, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to learn of your experience as this is by far not what we want for our members. We would like to follow this up and get in touch with you directly... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

The Best

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2018

Firstly I have not been paid. I have used Luxury Escapes previously and had a 2 night stay booked this month due to injuring my back I had to try and change my booking which they did with out issue. During my recovery my knee also gave out making it hard for me to get around. Luxury Escapes and the Hotel once again helped me out by allowing a date change. I highly recommend them and their holidays . I will use them again definitely.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

Hi Joanne, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a wonderful review. We certainly want the best for our members and are glad to know your booking was changed without any issues. We hope you... read more »

A SEAMLESS TRANSACTION @ VILLA IN UBUD & PAVILION IN BALI

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2018

Stayed at the DUAN LEBAR POOL VILLA in UBUD from 1/12/2018 until 6/12/2018 where everything was excellent. Serene surroundings of jungle environment and rice fields.
Stayed at the BALE PAVILION POOL VILLA NUSA DUA in BALI from 6/12/2018 until 11/12/2018 where everything was excellent.
Transport provided around Nusa Dua with drop off and pickup to suit your timetable. Great staff and service.
LUXURY ESCAPES performance unequalled in all aspects of their organisational achievements

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

Hi Herb,

Thank you for the great review. We are so pleased to hear that you loved both your Bali Escapes - hopefully you will be on another soon!

Change to Booking

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

Had to change our Booking for Tokyo from Feb 2018 to May 2018 due to work committments. Jack @ Luxury Escapes was fantastic. Couldn't have been more helpful. He liased with the Toyko Hilton and was so prompt in his responses back to us. Made the whole process stress free. Thanks Jack!!!

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

Hi Cathie,

We are so glad to hear that you got wonderful support from Jack! We will be sure to pass along the thanks.

We hope you had a great time in Japan!

False advertising caused disappointment

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

We booked a one bedroom apartment at the Terraces at Charlesworth Bay for 3 nights through LE. We particularly wanted a bedroom separate from the living area so chose this as advertised and shown in the photo. We found that the rooms were separated only by a cupboard so there was no real division. Asked the on site manager about this and asked for another room. Reply was that apartment belonged to his son and the division had fallen down a few weeks before and had not been replaced. It appeared however that the division had been missing for much longer and from the set up now I doubt that there is an intention to replace it. There was no other room available to us. Additionally the patio area was nothing like the one in the advertisement. The boards were lifting, the furniture was an old wobbly table and 4 chairs that were unsafe to sit on. There was a build up of dead plants and leaves that had accumulated over a long period and it was not a pleasant place to sit even if it had been safe to sit on the chairs. A far cry from the nice sofa and other furniture shown in the ad. How does LE confirm the authenticity of accommodation?

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

Hi there, Thank you for your review. We are very disappointed to learn about your experience here. Our properties are inspected before deals go live. We will send you a private message requesting... read more »

Surcharges are ridiculous

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

We have used luxury escapes previously with some good deals, however having been looking at Dubai deals which are advertised as great specials , but the surcharge for the dates we are travelling means you basically save nothing at all. It seems that hotels can now just offer a “ deal” and then use surcharges as a way to ensure you pay full price anyway.

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

Hi Joanna, Thanks for touching base and providing your feedback. We always do our best to provide the best offers possible and will look into this for you right away. Were there any specific de... read more »

We are looking at 5 days from March 18, 2019. Once the surcharges are applied there is no difference in price between LE and booking directly with the property despite the fact that this is not cla... read more »

Feeling lucky

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

Arrived at our Hotel today and found that we were a day earlier than our booking.

Panic stations!! Called Luxury Escapes and spoke to Paul who was extremely helpful and called the property to see if the date could be adjusted.

We were fortunate that there was a room available and Paul liased with the Reservation Manager to make it possible. He followed up soon after to ascertain if all was well.

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

Hi Suzannah, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review (particularly whilst holidaying) we really appreciate the feedback. We are very happy to hear that Paul was very helpful and managed... read more »

Singapore

Verified Customer

What was promised was not delivered

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

Booked Luxury Escapes package for Movenpick Karon Beach Phuket. Very misleading advertising. The 'palatial' villa with plunge pool was a basic hotel room with a pool the size of an oversized bathtub. The first 'villa' was a mosquito infested room in front of a dirty lagoon. The sound of an onsite rooster was the highlight of the early morning!! The resort is far from 5 STAR as advertised. Breakfast was a cafeteria / food court, no Thai food as advertised. The restaurant was filthy. The Luxury Escapes meal package was an abbreviated menu of what the resort restaurants actually offer. According to Luxury Escapes advertising, meals were available at 4 restaurants, this was not the case - Breakfast 1, Lunch 2, Dinner 2. Overall a 2/3 Star resort at best needing a facelift. On my last correspondence with Luxury Escapes, the customer service escalation manager could not even address me by my proper name and saying if the $250 voucher is unsatisfactory, I am welcome to seek advice from my regulatory body in my state? What kind of bucket shop is being run here???? a complete joke

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

Hi Randy, Thank you for taking the time to provide your review and feedback. As we have previously mentioned we are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at Movenpick Karon. We are a... read more »

The overall problem appears Luxury Escapes did not do proper due diligence on the resort. The advertising for this resort on the LE website was misleading. My stay at the Movenpick was substandar... read more »

Sydney

Appalling service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

I have used Luxury Escapes before and all has gone OK given no issues arose. A couple of weeks ago I received an email from them offering help for a trip I was searching for. I had a question and replied to the email with a question about maximum room occupation and extra guest charges. When I received no response for a few days I called them and spoke to another representative. I asked him if they could contact the property to ask if I could take an extra child (which was well within the room capacity) and what the charges would be. His response was....well you can book and take the the risk or you can just read our fine print and deal with it. I have still not had a reply to my email.
This is a company seeking to provide good service!! I have had more assistance from the Tax Office. I will not bother with this website again and I will not reward such appalling service. In fact I will take every opportunity to publish my experience to warn others to avoid this organisation.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

Hi Dom,
Thank you for your review.
We are very disappointed to hear about your experience.
We have sent you a private message requesting further details so we can look into this urgently.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Gold Coast

Change of dates

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

I had to change the dates of my booking for a city break in Sydney. I contacted Consumer Help and got Gabriel . He was most courteous and helpful. He had to contact the hotel as it appeared they were fully booked for the new dates. I got an e mail the next day telling me my booking had been changed. Thank you Gabriel and thank you Luxury Escapes.

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

Hi There,
Wow, it sounds like Gabriel really showed you some 5-star service! We are certainly thrilled to hear this and will be sure to make sure the feedback gets back to him.

Enjoy your Sydney break!

Thanks.

Help

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

From the moment I was trying to purchase the escape I had help through the online chat. I then could not secure the dates I wanted and Gab came to the rescue. She tried unsuccessfully to secure the dates I was after with the venue but they were not forthcoming. I would like to thank Gab for her service and it was very easy for me to receive my refund back.

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

Hi Christine,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a positive review - we are definitely glad to hear that our superstar Gab came to the rescue!

Hope to see you on an escape soon!

Luxury Escapes

If you book with then be prepared to be a second class citizen

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

Stayed at the Pepper resort in Kingscliff. gave us a terrible room and when i tried to change it they said " because I booked through LE" no can do.
Asked and offered to pay for an upgrade and they said " because I booked through LE" no can do
Didnt service the room. called down and the said " because I booked through LE" they dont service the room.
Never use Luxury Escapes.
For the record called LE while I was there to try and get some help. They did nothing!

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

HI Vince, Once again our sincerest apologies for the experience that you have had on your recent escape with LE. As per the private message we are currently investigating this with Peppers Kings... read more »

Great outcome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

If it wasn/t for the efforts of Luxury Escapes and there people particularly " Gab " the outcome would not have been good

Comments
Luxury Escapes Official

HI Jeff,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review - we will certainly pass along the feedback to the team & Gab.

1 of 38 pages