Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Screws fall out, paint chips easy.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

I wanted to love this appliance. It's very expensive. A few days after purchase I noticed paint scratches on the red body. Emailed the company why it would chip so easy. But they were no help. I haven't knocked it or anything. Then not long after this. I noticed the screws were lose on the bottom and one fell off. While fixing/trying to catch this screw. It fell into the plug hole. I was so shocked it was lose in the first place. I have emailed the company but not had a reply back. For such an expensive appliance I think the build quality should be better. I seriously wish I had not purchased this appliance.

GREAT PRODUCT, BUT IT IS NOT CHEAP

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2017

Very quality product at the high end of the scale. Great product if you cook/prepare food often. It is an essential for foodies to have this type of product and this is clearly the best it can cost you as much as $AU2000 but in my honest opinion it is well worth it

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Perfect!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

I don't have time to cook elaborate dishes .. but I also want to eat healthily at the same time.
This is my solutions for cooking healthy meals without processed or prepared foods such as stocks, sauces, and any other packaged/pre-packed flavourings/ingredients.. and did it in a jiffy!!
This is an absolute must!

Date Purchased: Aug 2015

It works

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

It is great at making pesto and my kids love using it to make smoothies and milkshakes for their friends.
It falls way short at making the bed or doing the dishes.
Cleaning it was a real pain but once I figured out how to take the blades out it was a breeze.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

• 7 answers

magic in the kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

I do not know how I lived without this product as it makes my life so easy in the kitchen. It has done everything that I have asked of it and has not missed a beat. From cakes to casseroles and pies to paella it works wonders, and makes my job so much easier. I find it is very easy to clean and stow away for the next time.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Magic in my Kitchen!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

I was was told about this great product by a friend! It is fantastic to use! It makes cooking sooo easy! I would recommend this great machine to everyone who cooks I have made casseroles cakes, desserts and I've a number of recipes ready to try! I also feel it would a great way to start someone to do more home cooking as it is made so easy!

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Date Purchased: Feb 2016

This is perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

The product is awesome and great to use The product is awesome and great to use The product is awesome and great to use The product is awesome and great to use The product is awesome and great to use The product is awesome and great to use The product is awesome and great to use The product is awesome and great to use

Perth

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Just love this sturdy machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2017

Rinse function works v well. I only do a full wash (separate blade from bowl etc) when i am done with savoury and moving on to sweet, or at the end of each cooking session. E.g. i might make two casseroles, 2 soups of different recipes using rinse function in between and then do the full pull apart wash at the end. The best mashed potato ever, whole family loves making creamy soups (just throw in the stock, veges and press a button, in 30 mins perfect soups! Love frozen dessert program also, the fully functional food processor ...great value. Took me a while to get confident using expert program, but it is easy to use. Could do with 2 cook experts going at once I use it constantly! I tend to have big cook ups so sometimes do the beginning in cook expert and transfer to slow cooker so i can use cook expert to make something else. You do NOT need the new extra large dough hook or xxl steamer...over time you will decide if they are handy or not. Watch out for 20% off specials on ebay and/or special offers like bonus attachments for the food processor. I bought an extra cabinet from Ikea to house all the bits so they are easy to reach and use. Such a quality product. Very durable. Hasn't missed a beat. Excellent after sales service from Cambur industries, the Aussie distributors. Love the fb groups where people help each other out and share recipes.

Purchased at: Kitchen Warehouse

Parkinson Qld

• 7 answers

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

What a machine, it takes the place of 3 kitchen hands !!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2017

Cooked for over 60 years and then this came along, OMG! How ever did I manage before. Cuts hours out of preparation.. Soups perfect, Bread perfect, Casseroles perfect, Cakes perfect, Deserts perfect, Jams perfect, Chutneys perfect, Cleaning perfect !!!! Do you want me to stop? I could go on and on.....regards Maggie

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Loving my New Magimix

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2017

Magimix is excellent. I am so happy with my purchase. Its best of all gadgets into one product.
I also love the tablet holder and the recipes. The blender is perfect for making soups and smoothies.
Powerful enough to make nut butter easily which is one of the reasons I wanted a magimix. So far we have made hummus, pesto's, nut butter and it made the smoothest mashed potato ever.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

• 2 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Overnight chef !!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2017

I'm 36, never cooked before... after buying Magimix cook expert...I became a chef overnight !!!
I started by just following the recipes that came with the unit and within a week I've seem to have got a handle on cooking !!!

Superb this unit is ....both myself and my wife are busy professionals and we wanted to try this and this is one of those things that you cannot go wrong with.....I'm thinking of getting a second unit to cook two dishes at the same time....!
Magimix cook expert is now one the list of things that have made daily tasks so easy and enjoyable.

Good luck.

Perth

Date Purchased: May 2016

Love, Love, Love my Magimix!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2017

After a lot of research I settled on the Magimix and couldn't wait to purchase mine as soon as it was available in Australia. I love the size of the bowl, that I can easily prepare enough to feed my family of four. It is so easy to throw in a bunch of fresh veggies with a little stock and press the pureed soup function and in a matter of 20 or so minutes you have a lovely tasty soup. Also the pumpkin risotto prepared in this is a firm favourite, so quick and easy. Very easy clean up too! I can't imagine life without it now!!

Tumbi Umbi

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

New world of discovery in cooking and food preparation.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2017

Love that you can do so many things with just one appliance. Chop, slice, blend, mix and cook, sweet or savoury, all made easy with the CE. Kitchen makeover, replacing so many other appliances. Family is loving the new menus, especially sweet treats. Never had time to prepare mains and desserts before. A new world of discovery in cooking and food preparation, love it!!

Purchased at: Myer

• 3 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Excellent for a busy young family

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2017

I was in the market for a thermomix having been to 2-3 parties, had seen a demonstration of the KitchenAid product and was ready to buy that when a friend called about a demonstration of the Magimix Cook Expert at Essential Ingredient. Within 10mins of seeing what it can do I was sold and bought it that day.
Reasons I bought the Magimix over other products: The huge size of the bowl (6-8 serves), you can saute onions and garlic in it, it has a self cleaning mode, THE WARRANTY (30 years on the motor, and 5 years on parts - how amazing is that!)
, that is comes with a food processor, if I bought that day an extra blade for the food processor, the steamer was made out of steal, it had an awesome splade that helped clean the bottom of the bowl and that it came from a really good company.
Everything it advertises, it does. There is excellent after care service as well. After 6 days of having the 'new family member' a small chip appeared in the enamel base. I was really scared that the company would disregard me and leave me with a new $2000 chipped product, however nothing is further from the truth. From the phone call to the head office to the personal home visit from Leanne, to me picking up a new base. I was so impressed with the after care. It was excellent. Nothing was an issue, the staff were all very kind and accommodating.
In regards to what I have made in it, I have made different types of bread, brioche, pavlova, one-dish dinners, sorbet, many a smoothies, amazing rice, massive amount chocolate brownies, soups, every Adrian Richardson recipe on YouTube, sauces, poaching, steaming vegetables, risottos, a great potato mash, poached eggs, used the food processor for grating, chip making, dicing, salads, dips.
The only thing that is slightly disappointing was the whisk making Pavlovas. I really like them to be stiff, where as the eggs do not whisk stiff enough for me. Which is fine I can still use my KitchenAid for this. Also the brioche was not amazing. However I think if I tried this a few times it would be good. Which shows you how good this product is. The first time I made all of these meals/dishes/desserts it WORKED! It is easy to use, my husband and I both use it. He loves it, because he can cook a healthy dinner and it works. ( I hope he never reads this!) No more scrambled EGG for dinner. Its so easy to make a quick sauce for pasta, or a one dish meal with rice. I mainly use it for dinners, however it is so versatile it is an overall beauty who takes pride on our kitchen bench.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

In Love

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2017

I was eager to purchase a thermomix after seeing my sisters in action until i saw the magimix. I decided on the magimix due to bowl size and food processor and have not looked back. We have allergies and i can accommodate this easily for my son and I. I spent alot of money of pre packaged food and now have the confidence and ability at attempting new receipes including breads and pastry that are gluten free.
I do miss the veroma dish that accompanies the thermomix that supports the capacity to cook rice, meat and vegies due to space.

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Love the combination!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2017

I have had a different brand for several years as well as a magimix food processer sitting on my bench. I would constantly say that I wished there was one appliance that had both and last year the Cook Expert arrived!
We travel with many allergies and intolerances I have to cook everything from scratch. The best thing has been being able to take the CE with us now where I can very quickly and easily cook everything we need whether hotel, room, house or caravan.
Downside is that there is no travel bag available which for us would be more tha
n brilliant. It may also take a little trial and error choosing which bowl if you are not used to the FP option to learn all its capabilities especially if you are used to a different thermal cooker previously. Rice is not as efficient or easy, I'm still perfecting that and I am unable to steam a roast until the external steamer is released.
Upside, I rarely have to chop veggies, steaming function I love, I love the variety of attachments you can get - the dicer/French fry is a must have. Soup function is brilliant and I can now make my main means fully in there as it doesn't wreck my meat or mush my veggies like my other brand. I also love that you can wait and buy it on special every now and then making it more affordable for many people.
Love it!

Brisbane

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Just what I was looking for!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2017

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

What a Groovy machine..

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2017

Firstly I would like to thank the team at Magimix and all members of the MCE group for being such great humans.
This machine is my very first and only type of this kind, I've never even owned a food processor.
Which is what I was intending on buying until I seen the Cook Expert and so glad I waited.
I found this machine to be so so clever in a way I couldn't imagine.
It's does the lot and not only looks amazing it really is.
It took me a while and there were moments I thought I can't do it, I'm no good at it, but really you don't have to
be it's the machine that does all the work and once I got past all that.. well there was no going back.
The free App that is available is so very handy for a lot of things including shopping list for ingredients.
The steamer basket is one of my favourites for multi cooking it's a very handy attachment.
Rinse function and the ease of undoing is just great.
I really can't wait for the cooler weather as I love soups and making bread bowls, oh yum!!
The Expert does it with ease nothing to hard. Fresh beautiful produce straight in and bang it's all done. With the support from the group and Magimix it really is a delight to own. A second bowl would also be a great addition.
Very Happy Customer✌

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Life made easy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2017

I love my magimix cook expert, it is fast and very easy to use. I am in love with the soup option and especially the steaming of fruit and vegetables. Sometimes it a little difficult to scrape out all your ingredients from under the blades, but not very often. The appliance is very easy to clean and I love the rinse option.

1 of 7 pages

I have a smaller family and am often making meals for just one or two people? Whats the minimum that can be cooked? Could I make just 1-2 cups custard for example? Or just one smoothie?

Suse asked on Jul 17, 2017

Answer this

The average serving of custard for 1, is one cup per serve. A child under 4 years of age will be satisfied, over 4 they are asking for seconds. Please take a look at the recipes in the grand recipe book and you will notice the recipes are usually catering for up to 6 people; my advice is to cut the recipes in half. Smoothies are the same, children will drink two sweet smoothies compared to one vegetable one; so add green leafy vegetables to the fruit ones. They keep in the fridge for the whole day, therefore they are not discarded, and your child has the benefit of a healthy drink in the morning and afternoon. I have whisked one egg white and was surprised at the volume of meringue it made.
Any of the main meal recipes can be halved to suffice the smaller family. Enjoy your learning, as time moves on your meals will grow.

I have a small family too and can definitely do smaller quantities. I personally prefer to make a large quantity and freeze batches (soups etc) but it could do a 500 ml quantity of smoothie or custard.

I'm with Terri...I like to do large batches and freeze. The machine will do small quantities as Maggie says. It's a kitchen assistant ...you can use it anyway you want.

Hi. What's the coating like inside the bowl? Does anyone find their food getting stuck to the bowl? Also, can you clean it in the dishwasher? Thanks

Natalia asked on Mar 26, 2017

Answer this

The coating on the bowl is like a satin finish, not gloss or matte. Easy as anything to clean. I have cooked custard, gravy, lemon butter, risotto, all of which used to stick on my old thermochef but this is a dream. Nothing burns or sticks. Apparently this is because it is induction. Also brilliant to make your gravy a bit ahead of time and leave it in there till you need it because it's insulated.

Do it weigh your ingredients when you add them?

Lin K asked on Feb 11, 2017

Answer this

no it doesn't weigh as you add but it comes with separate scales, I just weigh before I put in.

See all 10 questions about Magimix Cook Expert 7CO18900A