• 2 answers
  • 8 helpful votes
Private message

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Screws fall out, paint chips easy.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

I wanted to love this appliance. It's very expensive. A few days after purchase I noticed paint scratches on the red body. Emailed the company why it would chip so easy. But they were no help. I haven't knocked it or anything. Then not long after this. I noticed the screws were lose on the bottom and one fell off. While fixing/trying to catch this screw. It fell into the plug hole. I was so shocked it was lose in the first place. I have emailed the company but not had a reply back. For such an expensive appliance I think the build quality should be better. I seriously wish I had not purchased this appliance.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Magimix Official

Dear Carol, we are sorry to hear of your situation. Unfortunately we have not received your initial message. If you are able to resend this to sales@cambur.com.au or alternatively you can call our ... read more »

Magimix Official

Dear Carol, we have not heard from you. Please do contact us on 1800 337 313 so we can better assist. All the best.

Magimix Official

Dear Carol, we would love to help resolve your situation. Please do contact us at 1800 337 313.

Does anyone have reviews of the dicing kit that you can buy to use with the cook expert? Is it easy to use?

GJEG asked on Nov 11, 2018

Answer this

I have dicing kit, and yes, is easy to use. Importantly, easy to clean too. Have found that best with crisp things, not so much with softer or spongy things like some pumpkin. I have a Kenwood one too, and as much as I love the Kenwood, the Magimix one is easier to clean, although the Kenwood will do endless quantities. If you do not have a Magimix Cook Expert, strongly advise to get one. It seems way superior to other thermo-cook offerings (yes, I used to have a Thermomix, it was good but sold it years ago as at end of day seems best for its target market of women who have no idea - and for that it does well). For serious functionality and quality, Cook Expert is way above the other contenders.

How good can this make: -mill flour -make icing sugar out of raw sugar -ice cream? How good can it saute onion/brown meat? Are the recipes as easy to follow as Thermomix's?And do the recipes turn out OK?

C Code asked on Sep 22, 2018

Answer this

Icing sugar is a Thermomix sales gimmick. Any blender has been able to do this for years (well I have since the 80's, in a Kenwood). To mill flour, best done with a flour mill attachment, although Thermomix does a good job with small quantities (and while wearing ear-muffs). Ice cream, properly made, needs to have a custard made (Thermomix can do this, although inevitably a bit of a scrub needed - things stick to its small conventionally heated base) and is best churned in an ice-cream churn (that Magimix doesn't offer nor Thermomix is ever going to be suitable for). Magimix can saute and brown, which Thermomix is unsuited to with its small base and low maximum temperature, let alone always rotating blades. For serious and best results, who needs a kitchen machine when a pot or pan on a hotplate works entirely well? The question about recipes is revealing as Thermomix is marketed to people who haven't got a clue about cooking. Thermomix will do more than the built-in recipes, and can actually be a useful kitchen-hand, but the company seems to target the clueless and ignore its actual usefulness. Magimix also caters to people without a clue, but excels with cooks who do have a clue and use it to assist in favourite recipes. But yes, recipes promoted my Magimix are entirely good.

I want to be sure that it is for me. Do you have a machine on loan or rental? I am more than happy to pay deposit and/or rental fee

L Lee asked on Sep 06, 2018

Hi L,
Sorry I don’t have it on rental. It’s for my personal use. But it’s worth asking around or doing a bit of research on it if you are unsure cause it a huge investment. But I am loving it even my kids use it as it’s child friendly too. All the best.

Regards
Angel

It would be sensible to contact a rental company for this kind of request. Have you forgotten the cost of transporting it and the fact those who own one, use it?

Hi L,

Most people who post here have it for personal use, therefore unless you are willing to pay a $2000 deposit (so they can buy another should they not receive theirs back) I am sure you won't find the answer you're looking for. Being we are not companies, we do not have the liability insurance to cover the cost of the appliance should we not receive it back in the same condition it was 'rented out'. Surely you understand this.

KK