• 2 answers
  • 7 helpful votes
Private message

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Screws fall out, paint chips easy.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

I wanted to love this appliance. It's very expensive. A few days after purchase I noticed paint scratches on the red body. Emailed the company why it would chip so easy. But they were no help. I haven't knocked it or anything. Then not long after this. I noticed the screws were lose on the bottom and one fell off. While fixing/trying to catch this screw. It fell into the plug hole. I was so shocked it was lose in the first place. I have emailed the company but not had a reply back. For such an expensive appliance I think the build quality should be better. I seriously wish I had not purchased this appliance.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Magimix Cook Expert 7CO18900A Official

Dear Carol, we are sorry to hear of your situation. Unfortunately we have not received your initial message. If you are able to resend this to sales@cambur.com.au or alternatively you can call our ... read more »

Magimix Cook Expert 7CO18900A Official

Dear Carol, we have not heard from you. Please do contact us on 1800 337 313 so we can better assist. All the best.

Magimix Cook Expert 7CO18900A Official

Dear Carol, we would love to help resolve your situation. Please do contact us at 1800 337 313.

How do you brown meat in the Cook Expert? All the recipes say to brown in a pan but I don't wish to do that it is extra equipment to wash etc. Do you put oil in with the meat? I find the instructions and the diagrams lacking in detail. They just say the temperature, speed and time in the table labelled fry which I am guessing is the browning cycle.

LadyDi asked on Mar 19, 2018

Answer this

Hi LadyDi, It is best to brown meat in small batches at the highest heat - 140 degrees. Speed can be at 1A or 2A.

Leaving the cap off the lid will also help evaporate any liquid.

Be sure to monitor the ingredient to ensure it does not burn. You can always reduce the heat and bring it back up if necessary.

All the best

Do you put oil in with meat or poultry?

Hi I purchased my Cook Expert last November and have not used it much due to holidays etc. I am having a problem with using the food processor for the first time. I think I must be missing a step. When assembling to use the midi bowl for slicing or grating where do you fit the blade?Also the same for the mini bowl.

LadyDi asked on Mar 19, 2018

Answer this

If I have read your question correctly, you will not need to fit the blade when using it for slicing and/or grating ... these two functions are performed using the special grater and slicing disc provided. The blade is used for mixing and it slips onto the centre stem of the machine (you will find a separate part). You need to place the centre stem in before the bowls, I think. I trust this helps you. I adore the machine, I hope you are learning to love it too. I'm relatively new to it, unlike you.

Hi LadyDi, if you could call our hotline 1300 624 469, a representative will be able to step you through the machine.
There is also a great video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=442EWKuYFqE which shows you how to use most of the attachments.

All the best.

Can Cook Expert make Soy Milk? Cooking soy milk is quite fiddling because it will produce lots of foam before it reaches boiling temperature. And, it is believed that unboiled soy milk is harmful to our health. I wonder how Cook Expert deal with excessive foam?

Brianna asked on Jan 28, 2018

Answer this

Hi Brianna, the Cook Expert acts much like a pot, where foam will occur. The positive is that the Cook Expert operates on an induction cooking system so the temperature can be adjusted quickly to minimise the foam. All the best.

See all 16 questions about Magimix Cook Expert 7CO18900A