• 2 answers
  • 8 helpful votes
Private message

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Screws fall out, paint chips easy.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

I wanted to love this appliance. It's very expensive. A few days after purchase I noticed paint scratches on the red body. Emailed the company why it would chip so easy. But they were no help. I haven't knocked it or anything. Then not long after this. I noticed the screws were lose on the bottom and one fell off. While fixing/trying to catch this screw. It fell into the plug hole. I was so shocked it was lose in the first place. I have emailed the company but not had a reply back. For such an expensive appliance I think the build quality should be better. I seriously wish I had not purchased this appliance.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Magimix Cook Expert 7CO18900A Official

Dear Carol, we are sorry to hear of your situation. Unfortunately we have not received your initial message. If you are able to resend this to sales@cambur.com.au or alternatively you can call our ... read more »

Magimix Cook Expert 7CO18900A Official

Dear Carol, we have not heard from you. Please do contact us on 1800 337 313 so we can better assist. All the best.

Magimix Cook Expert 7CO18900A Official

Dear Carol, we would love to help resolve your situation. Please do contact us at 1800 337 313.

Hi can you tell me what the inside of the metal bowl of the cook expert is made out of please? It looks a bit like aluminium??

Matilda berry asked on Jul 12, 2018

Hi Matilda berry,

The entire bowl is thermal insulated stainless steel. Heavy duty and double walled, so will not rust. The inside is matt, not the gloss finish of the outside, perhaps that’s why you think it looks like aluminium, but I can assure you it’s not, it’s def stainless steel.

Rgds
Kat

Awesome news. I bought one a few days ago and my builder son was convinced it’s aluminim which was a bit of a worry. Much relief thank you.

I assume it is stainless steel, I would be surprised if it was aluminium! It has not occurred to me it could be given the health implications. It might be a good question. I’ll have to do research!

I recently purchased a Magimix Patissier, but for some reason when putting the metal bowl onto the base, it is very difficult to click into place. Even my husband struggled. Once he finally clicked it in, trying the remove the bowl was just as difficult. Am I missing something? I went to Kitchen warehouse to ask the ladies there and they happened to have two on display. So they tried to click the bowl into place but they too found it extremely difficult. In fact, they couldn’t do it! Does the machine have to be switched on for the bowl to fit onto the base properly? I had no problems with the plastic bowl. Hope someone has a simple answer? Thanks. Gina

Gina asked on May 22, 2018

Answer this

Hi Gina, I experienced the issue your refer to once only, the first time I used it because I did not approach the bowl click from the designed direction. This is most likely the source of your problem. No the machine does not need to be switched on to fit the bowl. You are advised to follow the directions in the instruction booklet precisely because this wonderful product has been designed so the bowl fits using only one direction. It is left to right. It will not work using the other direction. The same applies to the lid. Both slide into place seamlessly.
The women at Ktichen Warehouse were obviously not familiar with the product! This is surprising given they sell it! It would be unlikely for so many machines to be faulty!
If this does not work fitting it the correct way, then your product is faulty. You will be entitled to a replacement or refund.
I trust this makes a difference, S

Hi Gina,

Fitting the main metal bowl and clicking it into place should not be difficult at all. The handle needs to be about an inch or so left of 6 o'clock( if that makes sense), and then it's a simple push to the right to lock it in place. If you've got issues with this then check the conversion/induction plate (thick black plate that sits on the motor base). If yours is like mine it will have two padlocks, locked and unlocked. The locked padlock needs to be in line with the little reset button on the base, which is in line with and above the [Auto] button on the control panel, essentially at 6 o'clock again. If it's not then potential issue #1.
Also, on the bottom of the main metal bowl (mine is different as I have a universal blade and a solid washer that locks it from the underside ), do you have anything that unscrews/opens (i.e. to aid cleaning), as potentially this may not be in place and causing an issue with fitting and removing the bowl when it's on the plate that sits atop the motor base?

If it's removing that's only the problem, then if the Patissier bowl is similar to the metal bowl in the Cook Expert (and I think it is, albeit the dimensions are different), then I would imagine the safety locking mechanism is the same, which means it's not an issue with it being plugged in to power (whether turned on or off) but rather the lid has to be on and in the unlock (or near unlock) position for bowl removal. This locking mechanism is a fail-safe of sorts. I know if I don't have the lid just left of 'locking centre' or completely unlocked, then my bowl doesn't want to budge. If I force it, it will, but I'm not about forcing and potentially breaking something I've spent $2k on :). I've 'accidentally' done th s with the transparent bowl combination feed tube/lid, i.e. forced it open several times and each time I hear that crunch of a click I cringe and think "unlock it properly woman!".

That's all I can offer, along with ... I hope you purchased it from a reputable retailer as they'll need to contact Magimix for you. With others I've spoken to that have one, they've never had an issue. Hope it works out for you.

KK

Many thanks for your response Kitty Kat! I’ll see if that works. I also thought maybe the point of where the handle clicks into place just needed some CRC or oil as it was so stiff. The lady at Magimix said that was fine as long as I didn’t get any CRC or oil into the motor. Anyway I’ll try anything! Thanks once again.

Gina

I am seriously considering getting the Magimix CE but it's such a huge investment I thought I'd head for the wisdom of the group before taking the plunge! I have a slow cooker as well as a pressure cooker. Would the CE add significantly more to me? Thank you in advance

Jan asked on Apr 21, 2018

Answer this

I understand your feeling, I went through the same... I use an auto pressure cooker for rice, risotto, pasta and the like...
it is a huge investment ... I bought it because it does everything ... no need for stand mixer, it juices too. I an preparing to downsize. I bought it on part payments and I don’t regret buying it. There have been hidden benefits buying it this way too.
It’s not essential, not much is!
if you feel you need it, take the plunge and consider part payment options. Good luck, I’ve been there, done that. It is not cheap but it will last longer than us!
I hope this helps you decide.

Thank you so much.

Magimix is definitely not a pressure cooker and probably not the best for slow cooking because you cannot set and forget, you will need to go back and restart every 2 hours. On the other hand it's brilliant, especially if you don't have a food processor, you do get an FP as part of the deal too. As for the cooker itself, I use it all the time, it saves me a lot of time and the results are consistent and yummy without (usually) needing me to do anything other than put the ingredients in and press the start button. Even when I need to follow some steps they are very simple and easy. Personally, I am very happy with CE and recommend it.

See all 20 questions about Magimix Cook Expert 7CO18900A