Sydney

• 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Aug 2015

It works

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

It is great at making pesto and my kids love using it to make smoothies and milkshakes for their friends.
It falls way short at making the bed or doing the dishes.
Cleaning it was a real pain but once I figured out how to take the blades out it was a breeze.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Excellent for a busy young family

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2017

I was in the market for a thermomix having been to 2-3 parties, had seen a demonstration of the KitchenAid product and was ready to buy that when a friend called about a demonstration of the Magimix Cook Expert at Essential Ingredient. Within 10mins of seeing what it can do I was sold and bought it that day.
Reasons I bought the Magimix over other products: The huge size of the bowl (6-8 serves), you can saute onions and garlic in it, it has a self cleaning mode, THE WARRANTY (30 years on the motor, and 5 years on parts - how amazing is that!), that is comes with a food processor, if I bought that day an extra blade for the food processor, the steamer was made out of steal, it had an awesome splade that helped clean the bottom of the bowl and that it came from a really good company.
Everything it advertises, it does. There is excellent after care service as well. After 6 days of having the 'new family member' a small chip appeared in the enamel base. I was really scared that the company would disregard me and leave me with a new $2000 chipped product, however nothing is further from the truth. From the phone call to the head office to the personal home visit from Leanne, to me picking up a new base. I was so impressed with the after care. It was excellent. Nothing was an issue, the staff were all very kind and accommodating.
In regards to what I have made in it, I have made different types of bread, brioche, pavlova, one-dish dinners, sorbet, many a smoothies, amazing rice, massive amount chocolate brownies, soups, every Adrian Richardson recipe on YouTube, sauces, poaching, steaming vegetables, risottos, a great potato mash, poached eggs, used the food processor for grating, chip making, dicing, salads, dips.
The only thing that is slightly disappointing was the whisk making Pavlovas. I really like them to be stiff, where as the eggs do not whisk stiff enough for me. Which is fine I can still use my KitchenAid for this. Also the brioche was not amazing. However I think if I tried this a few times it would be good. Which shows you how good this product is. The first time I made all of these meals/dishes/desserts it WORKED! It is easy to use, my husband and I both use it. He loves it, because he can cook a healthy dinner and it works. ( I hope he never reads this!) No more scrambled EGG for dinner. Its so easy to make a quick sauce for pasta, or a one dish meal with rice. I mainly use it for dinners, however it is so versatile it is an overall beauty who takes pride on our kitchen bench.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Time Saver

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2017

We've had the Magimix for approximately 6 months. I love the soup and whipping function. Not needing to constantly have to stand and stir is an investment in itself. Also acting as a base for the food processor leaves one less item on the bench. Look forward to experiment further.

Purchased at: Myer

Gold Coast

• 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Get it, you won't regret it!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2016

I put off buying a top of the line thermal cooker for a year and a half. In that time, I satisfied my urge with what I termed fakomixes. I spent $300 on the Bellini Intelli machine and purchased an extra jug. I loved it until its motor gave up just beyond the 1 year warranty. I then spent $695 on the Bellini Supercook which gave up after 3 months and I got my money back. I did spend a long time researching alternatives. I really didn't want to spend what really does feel like a lot of money on a cooking machine! I wouldn't consider myself a cook (and especially not a baker) and I use the machine at least twice a week and over Christmas I have been using it twice a day. I have a family with small kids and we eat out a couple of times a week at most. I had never heard of Magimix and didn't even know that there was an alternative to Thermomix. Which, given its recent attitude to customer service in Australia, I wasn't willing to buy into. What really made the decision easy for me was the 30 year motor warranty and the Food processor. Having the Food processor so accessible and so fast has changed the way we eat for sure! Oh, and if you think the Induction is not an important feature, think again! Heats up so quickly and evenly. The motor is incredibly powerful and frozen desserts and ice are not a problem. I have had the machine since August 2016 and I am really very happy with it. I haven't had any small problems (which I had already had with the fakiomixes). My only niggle is with the recipes. I would really love a website or a booklet of user tested and written recipes, especially Australian ones (like some other brands have). Being a french brand, the recipes on the app and in the book definitely have a french accent (no pun intended). I am still learning to convert the recipes, particularly standard non-thermo recipes. The saving grace here is the Facebook community. Just a whole bunch of people passionate about cooking and helping each other! I have been on other cooking forums and this one is professional, on task and helpful. All in all, well done Magimix. A well designed and wonderfully made machine with great customer service....truly a beautiful thing!!

Purchased at: Myer

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Solid and well made

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2016

We did our research on a number of similar devices and have been very happy with our purchase. The magimix is quieter than most of the competitors, and has a large bowl. While it may not be the magical device that will do all the cooking for you we have found that it makes things a lot easier to do.
Our only criticisms is that the software apps that go with it need to be improved in reliability.

ACT

• 2 questions
  • 4 answers
  • 10 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Impressed .....

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2016

I first heard about the magimix cook expert while reading Flore Vallery-Radot's blog (www.theflowshow.com). At that time cook expert wasn't available in Australia but I was fairly impressed with the machine and her review.

When I read that the cook expert was finally coming to Australia, i tried looking up reviews everywhere, but had little luck. I decided to take the plunge and buy it anyway but at a price tag above $2000 my husband wasn't that happy. His argument being that I didn't know if it was any good or not and secondly I already have every kitchen appliance available in the market (I have two bread makers and I don't even eat bread).

After having it for 4 months, I can honestly say my husband uses it more than I do :). I have used it for making mashed potato ( which come out excellent), curry, cake, hummus, falafel including many other things. I even melted chocolate in it once, no more standing in front of the stove and melting chocolate in a bain marie for me :).

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Perth

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Multifuction at its best

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2016

Stewed apples are a breeze, then you use the quick rinse and then make custard Voila. Was a little disappointed in the Bolognese sauce we prefer ours with some texture and found it to mushy but it its great for Lasagne. Love the Rinse cycle this was a great idea. The quality is amazing no plastic this was only one of the reasons for purchasing Magimix being an owner of the food processor it was a no brainer.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Enjoying it

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2016

I am not a great cook so haven't used it as much as others in this group but I have found the instructions easy to follow. I have used the fp part more than the thermal part but am wanting to do more. I need full instructions as it is not natural for me as it is for others to experiment. I like the rinse cycle. All I want is more recipes and I need to just go for it.

Purchased at: David Jones

I am seriously considering getting the Magimix CE but it's such a huge investment I thought I'd head for the wisdom of the group before taking the plunge! I have a slow cooker as well as a pressure cooker. Would the CE add significantly more to me? Thank you in advance

Jan asked on Apr 21, 2018

Answer this

I understand your feeling, I went through the same... I use an auto pressure cooker for rice, risotto, pasta and the like...
it is a huge investment ... I bought it because it does everything ... no need for stand mixer, it juices too. I an preparing to downsize. I bought it on part payments and I don’t regret buying it. There have been hidden benefits buying it this way too.
It’s not essential, not much is!
if you feel you need it, take the plunge and consider part payment options. Good luck, I’ve been there, done that. It is not cheap but it will last longer than us!
I hope this helps you decide.

Thank you so much.

Magimix is definitely not a pressure cooker and probably not the best for slow cooking because you cannot set and forget, you will need to go back and restart every 2 hours. On the other hand it's brilliant, especially if you don't have a food processor, you do get an FP as part of the deal too. As for the cooker itself, I use it all the time, it saves me a lot of time and the results are consistent and yummy without (usually) needing me to do anything other than put the ingredients in and press the start button. Even when I need to follow some steps they are very simple and easy. Personally, I am very happy with CE and recommend it.

Can you make stock for soups and casseroles in the Cook Expert? All the recipes in the book seem to use bought liquid stock or stock cubes and I like to make my own. I am also looking for some more main meals to make in the CE as we are tired of the ones in the recipe book supplied with the machine. Is there another recipe book? I am not confident enough yet to try other recipes that don't have the cooking times/temperatures for making in the CE. Dianne

LadyDi asked on Mar 28, 2018

Answer this

Yes I understand and concur with your sentiment. If I recall, there is a section in the recipe book containing recipes for stock. You can use the Expert or manual setting but that takes confidence. Personally I would recommend using an auto pressure cooker for making stock. I’m a vegetarian and thus I have worked out a simple method.
Have you downloaded the Magimix App?
it has loads of reciipes, I’m still learning too.
At the back of the book or in the manual you will find settings, times and ingredients using Expert or manual settings.
Good luck, be adventurous. It takes time mastering the technology and it will be worth preservering.

Thank you for that help. I don’t have a pressure cooker so will look further at the recipe book I must have missed that bit at the back of the book. At this stage Iam really having trouble with the instructions especially for the processor set up..

Hello LadyDi, We have several stock recipes in the Cook Expert App. The App can be found on Google Play or the App Store for Apple. The App is the best place to find new recipes as it is updated regularly. You can also see recipe videos on our youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/MagimixAus/playlists, click on the Cook Expert playlist to see the videos.

Hope this helps.

How do you brown meat in the Cook Expert? All the recipes say to brown in a pan but I don't wish to do that it is extra equipment to wash etc. Do you put oil in with the meat? I find the instructions and the diagrams lacking in detail. They just say the temperature, speed and time in the table labelled fry which I am guessing is the browning cycle.

LadyDi asked on Mar 19, 2018

Answer this

Hi LadyDi, It is best to brown meat in small batches at the highest heat - 140 degrees. Speed can be at 1A or 2A.

Leaving the cap off the lid will also help evaporate any liquid.

Be sure to monitor the ingredient to ensure it does not burn. You can always reduce the heat and bring it back up if necessary.

All the best

Do you put oil in with meat or poultry?

You can brown meat, if/when the recipe suggests to do so. However, the amount that you can brown is limited and, in my opinion, it is best to do it in a frying pan where you have more space and control. As for the oil, you must use some. The browning process needs oil at very high temperature.

See all 18 questions about Magimix Cook Expert 7CO18900A