Date Purchased: Jan 2017

What a fantastic multifunction appliance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

I purchased my CE at the beginning of this year on the recommendation of a friend who had purchased one last year, the more I use it the better my results are I was a little nervous as I like to be in complete control in my cooking kitchen, WOW I am still in control but having so many Automatic programs built in it makes my life much easier. I purchased the XL steamer a few weeks ago and we had a dinner party on Saturday night 8 people, cooked the complete meal just using the internal and XL steamer an fantastic result and so easy to clean.
A great investment for me and my family. Well done Magimix.

Coolangatta

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

1 year on and still in love with this appliance.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2017

I purchased my Cook Expert just over a year ago on a whim, after seeing it had a warranty of 30 years. I am still impressed every time I use it. Don't let the price alarm you. It's worth every penny when you have something cooking your dinner whilst you spend more time doing what you enjoy. The machine is sturdy and very quiet. It breezes through every task with ease. I couldn't be without it now and highly recommend it. Quality all the way.

Purchased at: Myer

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

A real kitchen friend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

I was given a competitor product for a present. Eventually after 3 returns of this product and eventually a refund of the purchase price, I brought an MCE. As I type, it is faithfully beavering away at a creamed pumpkin and parsnip soup. It is simple to use and efficient and I am relieved and grateful to have it in my kitchen helping me. We have a busy lifestyle and anything that lessens the domestic load is so welcome. I am still getting used to using the machine and have many things to try. I have found the rinse function time saving and efficient and the food processing parts also excellent. My advice to purchasers is to read all instructions very carefully, particularly those relating to water levels in the metal bowl. Don't be afraid to experiment with recipes using the book recipes as guidelines. I am very pleased with this machine and hope to have it as my kitchen friend for a long time to come.

Sydney

• 1 comment

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Great Machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2017

I have already cooked a variety of meals with great success. It's a well built machine, very easy to use and clean with consistent and reliable results. In addition to being a cook processor it is a full blown food processor too! If you want to use it for applications where the temperature has to be exact, such as in sous vide, I would recommend to measure its actual temperature and not rely on the setting as it may be different by 3-5 degrees. You don't need to worry about it for all other uses, just set the machine up, press the button and enjoy a tasty dinner when it finishes the cooking.

magimix mega awesome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

Magimix is a real magic all-in-one appliance in the kitchen. It does everything I need or want it to and is a real all-in-one appliance. The only down side is the price tag. At around an eye-watering $2100 AUD it's not cheap. It comes with a food processor unit and also several other attachments and can do whatever you ask of it. It also saves you space because with the magimix there's no need for appliances like a blender, food processor, smoothie maker, mixer, grinder, slicer etc. Admittedly not everyone can afford an appliance with such a hefty price tag so if money is no object then the Magimix is my first recommendation.

GREAT PRODUCT, BUT IT IS NOT CHEAP

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2017

Very quality product at the high end of the scale. Great product if you cook/prepare food often. It is an essential for foodies to have this type of product and this is clearly the best it can cost you as much as $AU2000 but in my honest opinion it is well worth it

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Perfect!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

I don't have time to cook elaborate dishes .. but I also want to eat healthily at the same time.
This is my solutions for cooking healthy meals without processed or prepared foods such as stocks, sauces, and any other packaged/pre-packed flavourings/ingredients.. and did it in a jiffy!!
This is an absolute must!

• 7 answers

magic in the kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

I do not know how I lived without this product as it makes my life so easy in the kitchen. It has done everything that I have asked of it and has not missed a beat. From cakes to casseroles and pies to paella it works wonders, and makes my job so much easier. I find it is very easy to clean and stow away for the next time.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Magic in my Kitchen!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

I was was told about this great product by a friend! It is fantastic to use! It makes cooking sooo easy! I would recommend this great machine to everyone who cooks I have made casseroles cakes, desserts and I've a number of recipes ready to try! I also feel it would a great way to start someone to do more home cooking as it is made so easy!

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Date Purchased: Feb 2016

This is perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

The product is awesome and great to use The product is awesome and great to use The product is awesome and great to use The product is awesome and great to use The product is awesome and great to use The product is awesome and great to use The product is awesome and great to use The product is awesome and great to use

Perth

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Just love this sturdy machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2017

Rinse function works v well. I only do a full wash (separate blade from bowl etc) when i am done with savoury and moving on to sweet, or at the end of each cooking session. E.g. i might make two casseroles, 2 soups of different recipes using rinse function in between and then do the full pull apart wash at the end. The best mashed potato ever, whole family loves making creamy soups (just throw in the stock, veges and press a button, in 30 mins perfect soups! Love frozen dessert program also, the fully functional food processor ...great value. Took me a while to get confident using expert program, but it is easy to use. Could do with 2 cook experts going at once I use it constantly! I tend to have big cook ups so sometimes do the beginning in cook expert and transfer to slow cooker so i can use cook expert to make something else. You do NOT need the new extra large dough hook or xxl steamer...over time you will decide if they are handy or not. Watch out for 20% off specials on ebay and/or special offers like bonus attachments for the food processor. I bought an extra cabinet from Ikea to house all the bits so they are easy to reach and use. Such a quality product. Very durable. Hasn't missed a beat. Excellent after sales service from Cambur industries, the Aussie distributors. Love the fb groups where people help each other out and share recipes.

Purchased at: Kitchen Warehouse

Parkinson Qld

• 7 answers

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

What a machine, it takes the place of 3 kitchen hands !!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2017

Cooked for over 60 years and then this came along, OMG! How ever did I manage before. Cuts hours out of preparation.. Soups perfect, Bread perfect, Casseroles perfect, Cakes perfect, Deserts perfect, Jams perfect, Chutneys perfect, Cleaning perfect !!!! Do you want me to stop? I could go on and on.....regards Maggie

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Loving my New Magimix

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2017

Magimix is excellent. I am so happy with my purchase. Its best of all gadgets into one product.
I also love the tablet holder and the recipes. The blender is perfect for making soups and smoothies.
Powerful enough to make nut butter easily which is one of the reasons I wanted a magimix. So far we have made hummus, pesto's, nut butter and it made the smoothest mashed potato ever.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

• 2 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Overnight chef !!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2017

I'm 36, never cooked before... after buying Magimix cook expert...I became a chef overnight !!!
I started by just following the recipes that came with the unit and within a week I've seem to have got a handle on cooking !!!

Superb this unit is ....both myself and my wife are busy professionals and we wanted to try this and this is one of those things that you cannot go wrong with.....I'm thinking of getting a second unit to cook two dishes at the same time....!
Magimix cook expert is now one the list of things that have made daily tasks so easy and enjoyable.

Good luck.

Perth

Date Purchased: May 2016

Love, Love, Love my Magimix!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2017

After a lot of research I settled on the Magimix and couldn't wait to purchase mine as soon as it was available in Australia. I love the size of the bowl, that I can easily prepare enough to feed my family of four. It is so easy to throw in a bunch of fresh veggies with a little stock and press the pureed soup function and in a matter of 20 or so minutes you have a lovely tasty soup. Also the pumpkin risotto prepared in this is a firm favourite, so quick and easy. Very easy clean up too! I can't imagine life without it now!!

Tumbi Umbi

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

New world of discovery in cooking and food preparation.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2017

Love that you can do so many things with just one appliance. Chop, slice, blend, mix and cook, sweet or savoury, all made easy with the CE. Kitchen makeover, replacing so many other appliances. Family is loving the new menus, especially sweet treats. Never had time to prepare mains and desserts before. A new world of discovery in cooking and food preparation, love it!!

Purchased at: Myer

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

In Love

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2017

I was eager to purchase a thermomix after seeing my sisters in action until i saw the magimix. I decided on the magimix due to bowl size and food processor and have not looked back. We have allergies and i can accommodate this easily for my son and I. I spent alot of money of pre packaged food and now have the confidence and ability at attempting new receipes including breads and pastry that are gluten free.
I do miss the veroma dish that accompanies the thermomix that supports the capacity to cook rice, meat and vegies due to space.

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Love the combination!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2017

I have had a different brand for several years as well as a magimix food processer sitting on my bench. I would constantly say that I wished there was one appliance that had both and last year the Cook Expert arrived!
We travel with many allergies and intolerances I have to cook everything from scratch. The best thing has been being able to take the CE with us now where I can very quickly and easily cook everything we need whether hotel, room, house or caravan.
Downside is that there is no travel bag available which for us would be more than brilliant. It may also take a little trial and error choosing which bowl if you are not used to the FP option to learn all its capabilities especially if you are used to a different thermal cooker previously. Rice is not as efficient or easy, I'm still perfecting that and I am unable to steam a roast until the external steamer is released.
Upside, I rarely have to chop veggies, steaming function I love, I love the variety of attachments you can get - the dicer/French fry is a must have. Soup function is brilliant and I can now make my main means fully in there as it doesn't wreck my meat or mush my veggies like my other brand. I also love that you can wait and buy it on special every now and then making it more affordable for many people.
Love it!

Brisbane

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Just what I was looking for!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2017

I'm so glad that I waited for the Magimix Cook Expert. It was exactly what I was looking for in terms of functionality, ease of use and quality. I was looking for an appliance that had limited plastic components that came in touch with the food. None of the other brands could provide me with information in relation to leaching of any chemicals over 100degrees Celsius. Love the glass lid, the stainless steel bowl. It's easy to clean and simple to use. Once you get the hang of it you can create anything you like. The cooking for my kids birthday party was a breeze with all the cakes, muffins and cupcakes I made from the accompanying recipe book with an occasional tweak here or there! I've tried several of the recipes and they have all turned out super yummy for some very fussy eaters in my house. All in all the MCE is a great buy for all the functionality and versatility that it provides. Love it!

Adelaide, Australia

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

5 stars is not enough

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2017

I've just purchased the magimix cook expert and to say I'm impressed is an understatement. With a chef background this took alot of research and justifying of why I would need or if I would even use such a machine. I have knife skills and cooking skills so bringing myself to part with the cash it needed to be something special. Enter magimix cook expert.
What a spectacular looking machine. Looks like nothing else on the market. Huge metal bowl, this was a definite selling point for me. I could never understand how you could cook a family meal in those other units. The base of the bowl is wide which makes it relatively easy to scrape the bowl. It is very easy to use and to adapt recipes. Love the cleaning function. 30 year warranty also.
So many functions to try out still. This has reignited my passion.
Thankyou magimix this is one super special machine

1 of 6 pages

I have a smaller family and am often making meals for just one or two people? Whats the minimum that can be cooked? Could I make just 1-2 cups custard for example? Or just one smoothie?

Suse asked on Jul 17, 2017

Answer this

The average serving of custard for 1, is one cup per serve. A child under 4 years of age will be satisfied, over 4 they are asking for seconds. Please take a look at the recipes in the grand recipe book and you will notice the recipes are usually catering for up to 6 people; my advice is to cut the recipes in half. Smoothies are the same, children will drink two sweet smoothies compared to one vegetable one; so add green leafy vegetables to the fruit ones. They keep in the fridge for the whole day, therefore they are not discarded, and your child has the benefit of a healthy drink in the morning and afternoon. I have whisked one egg white and was surprised at the volume of meringue it made.
Any of the main meal recipes can be halved to suffice the smaller family. Enjoy your learning, as time moves on your meals will grow.

I have a small family too and can definitely do smaller quantities. I personally prefer to make a large quantity and freeze batches (soups etc) but it could do a 500 ml quantity of smoothie or custard.

I'm with Terri...I like to do large batches and freeze. The machine will do small quantities as Maggie says. It's a kitchen assistant ...you can use it anyway you want.

Hi. What's the coating like inside the bowl? Does anyone find their food getting stuck to the bowl? Also, can you clean it in the dishwasher? Thanks

Natalia asked on Mar 26, 2017

Answer this

The coating on the bowl is like a satin finish, not gloss or matte. Easy as anything to clean. I have cooked custard, gravy, lemon butter, risotto, all of which used to stick on my old thermochef but this is a dream. Nothing burns or sticks. Apparently this is because it is induction. Also brilliant to make your gravy a bit ahead of time and leave it in there till you need it because it's insulated.

Do it weigh your ingredients when you add them?

Lin K asked on Feb 11, 2017

Answer this

no it doesn't weigh as you add but it comes with separate scales, I just weigh before I put in.

See all 10 questions about Magimix Cook Expert 7CO18900A