Coolangatta

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

1 year on and still in love with this appliance.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2017

I purchased my Cook Expert just over a year ago on a whim, after seeing it had a warranty of 30 years. I am still impressed every time I use it. Don't let the price alarm you. It's worth every penny when you have something cooking your dinner whilst you spend more time doing what you enjoy. The machine is sturdy and very quiet. It breezes through every task with ease. I couldn't be without it now and highly recommend it. Quality all the way.

Purchased at: Myer

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Loving my New Magimix

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2017

Magimix is excellent. I am so happy with my purchase. Its best of all gadgets into one product.
I also love the tablet holder and the recipes. The blender is perfect for making soups and smoothies.
Powerful enough to make nut butter easily which is one of the reasons I wanted a magimix. So far we have made hummus, pesto's, nut butter and it made the smoothest mashed potato ever.

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Excellent for a busy young family

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2017

I was in the market for a thermomix having been to 2-3 parties, had seen a demonstration of the KitchenAid product and was ready to buy that when a friend called about a demonstration of the Magimix Cook Expert at Essential Ingredient. Within 10mins of seeing what it can do I was sold and bought it that day.
Reasons I bought the Magimix over other products: The huge size of the bowl (6-8 serves), you can saute onions and garlic in it, it has a self cleaning mode, THE WARRANTY (30 years on the motor, and 5 years on parts - how amazing is that!), that is comes with a food processor, if I bought that day an extra blade for the food processor, the steamer was made out of steal, it had an awesome splade that helped clean the bottom of the bowl and that it came from a really good company.
Everything it advertises, it does. There is excellent after care service as well. After 6 days of having the 'new family member' a small chip appeared in the enamel base. I was really scared that the company would disregard me and leave me with a new $2000 chipped product, however nothing is further from the truth. From the phone call to the head office to the personal home visit from Leanne, to me picking up a new base. I was so impressed with the after care. It was excellent. Nothing was an issue, the staff were all very kind and accommodating.
In regards to what I have made in it, I have made different types of bread, brioche, pavlova, one-dish dinners, sorbet, many a smoothies, amazing rice, massive amount chocolate brownies, soups, every Adrian Richardson recipe on YouTube, sauces, poaching, steaming vegetables, risottos, a great potato mash, poached eggs, used the food processor for grating, chip making, dicing, salads, dips.
The only thing that is slightly disappointing was the whisk making Pavlovas. I really like them to be stiff, where as the eggs do not whisk stiff enough for me. Which is fine I can still use my KitchenAid for this. Also the brioche was not amazing. However I think if I tried this a few times it would be good. Which shows you how good this product is. The first time I made all of these meals/dishes/desserts it WORKED! It is easy to use, my husband and I both use it. He loves it, because he can cook a healthy dinner and it works. ( I hope he never reads this!) No more scrambled EGG for dinner. Its so easy to make a quick sauce for pasta, or a one dish meal with rice. I mainly use it for dinners, however it is so versatile it is an overall beauty who takes pride on our kitchen bench.

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

What a fantastic multifunction appliance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

I purchased my CE at the beginning of this year on the recommendation of a friend who had purchased one last year, the more I use it the better my results are I was a little nervous as I like to be in complete control in my cooking kitchen, WOW I am still in control but having so many Automatic programs built in it makes my life much easier. I purchased the XL steamer a few weeks ago and we had a dinner party on Saturday night 8 people, cooked the complete meal just using the internal and XL steamer an fantastic result and so easy to clean.
A great investment for me and my family. Well done Magimix.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

greatest machine i have had

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2017

i have made quite a few things from the book that comes with the machine they all came out great
i am just about ready to use my own recipies even though i love the recepies from the book i cant fault it it is amazing i would wholly recoment it to everyone

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

A real kitchen friend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

I was given a competitor product for a present. Eventually after 3 returns of this product and eventually a refund of the purchase price, I brought an MCE. As I type, it is faithfully beavering away at a creamed pumpkin and parsnip soup. It is simple to use and efficient and I am relieved and grateful to have it in my kitchen helping me. We have a busy lifestyle and anything that lessens the domestic load is so welcome. I am still getting used to using the machine and have many things to try. I have found the rinse function time saving and efficient and the food processing parts also excellent. My advice to purchasers is to read all instructions very carefully, particularly those relating to water levels in the metal bowl. Don't be afraid to experiment with recipes using the book recipes as guidelines. I am very pleased with this machine and hope to have it as my kitchen friend for a long time to come.

• 1 comment

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Great Machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2017

I have already cooked a variety of meals with great success. It's a well built machine, very easy to use and clean with consistent and reliable results. In addition to being a cook processor it is a full blown food processor too! If you want to use it for applications where the temperature has to be exact, such as in sous vide, I would recommend to measure its actual temperature and not rely on the setting as it may be different by 3-5 degrees. You don't need to worry about it for all other uses, just set the machine up, press the button and enjoy a tasty dinner when it finishes the cooking.

magimix mega awesome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

Magimix is a real magic all-in-one appliance in the kitchen. It does everything I need or want it to and is a real all-in-one appliance. The only down side is the price tag. At around an eye-watering $2100 AUD it's not cheap. It comes with a food processor unit and also several other attachments and can do whatever you ask of it. It also saves you space because with the magimix there's no need for appliances like a blender, food processor, smoothie maker, mixer, grinder, slicer etc. Admittedly not everyone can afford an appliance with such a hefty price tag so if money is no object then the Magimix is my first recommendation.

• 7 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Screws fall out, paint chips easy.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

I wanted to love this appliance. It's very expensive. A few days after purchase I noticed paint scratches on the red body. Emailed the company why it would chip so easy. But they were no help. I haven't knocked it or anything. Then not long after this. I noticed the screws were lose on the bottom and one fell off. While fixing/trying to catch this screw. It fell into the plug hole. I was so shocked it was lose in the first place. I have emailed the company but not had a reply back. For such an expensive appliance I think the build quality should be better. I seriously wish I had not purchased this appliance.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Magimix Cook Expert 7CO18900A Official

Dear Carol, we are sorry to hear of your situation. Unfortunately we have not received your initial message. If you are able to resend this to sales@cambur.com.au or alternatively you can call our ... read more »

Magimix Cook Expert 7CO18900A Official

Dear Carol, we have not heard from you. Please do contact us on 1800 337 313 so we can better assist. All the best.

Magimix Cook Expert 7CO18900A Official

Dear Carol, we would love to help resolve your situation. Please do contact us at 1800 337 313.

Date Purchased: Aug 2015

It works

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

It is great at making pesto and my kids love using it to make smoothies and milkshakes for their friends.
It falls way short at making the bed or doing the dishes.
Cleaning it was a real pain but once I figured out how to take the blades out it was a breeze.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Parkinson Qld

• 7 answers

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

What a machine, it takes the place of 3 kitchen hands !!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2017

Cooked for over 60 years and then this came along, OMG! How ever did I manage before. Cuts hours out of preparation.. Soups perfect, Bread perfect, Casseroles perfect, Cakes perfect, Deserts perfect, Jams perfect, Chutneys perfect, Cleaning perfect !!!! Do you want me to stop? I could go on and on.....regards Maggie

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Overnight chef !!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2017

I'm 36, never cooked before... after buying Magimix cook expert...I became a chef overnight !!!
I started by just following the recipes that came with the unit and within a week I've seem to have got a handle on cooking !!!

Superb this unit is ....both myself and my wife are busy professionals and we wanted to try this and this is one of those things that you cannot go wrong with.....I'm thinking of getting a second unit to cook two dishes at the same time....!
Magimix cook expert is now one the list of things that have made daily tasks so easy and enjoyable.

Good luck.

Perth

Date Purchased: May 2016

Love, Love, Love my Magimix!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2017

After a lot of research I settled on the Magimix and couldn't wait to purchase mine as soon as it was available in Australia. I love the size of the bowl, that I can easily prepare enough to feed my family of four. It is so easy to throw in a bunch of fresh veggies with a little stock and press the pureed soup function and in a matter of 20 or so minutes you have a lovely tasty soup. Also the pumpkin risotto prepared in this is a firm favourite, so quick and easy. Very easy clean up too! I can't imagine life without it now!!

Tumbi Umbi

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

New world of discovery in cooking and food preparation.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2017

Love that you can do so many things with just one appliance. Chop, slice, blend, mix and cook, sweet or savoury, all made easy with the CE. Kitchen makeover, replacing so many other appliances. Family is loving the new menus, especially sweet treats. Never had time to prepare mains and desserts before. A new world of discovery in cooking and food preparation, love it!!

Purchased at: Myer

Perth

Time-saving for new mum

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2017

I bought the magimix right after my first child was born. I was keen to try a thermal cooker, but what sold this to me over any of the others, was the food processor that also attaches to the base - it give endless options, rather than just a cooker. It is so easy to chop, blend and grate.

The additional attachments mean the machine really is multi-use.

My baby is about to start eating solid food, and I think the magimix is going to be invaluable for one-pot dishes...I will be able to cook or steam and puree all in the same bowl! It also means I don't have to stand at the stove right on the witching hour.

I still have a lot to learn about the machine - but what we have made so far has been impressive.

Purchased at: Kitchen Warehouse

Melbourne

• 4 comments
  • 20 helpful votes

Magic Magimix Cook Expert

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2016

I have had a thermomix for the last 8 years and was looking to upgrade to the current model when the cook expert came on the market. No comparison in the machines
In the cook expert you have induction which makes the cooking more exact and reliable. It is a safe machine, no bits can fly off when at high speeds. The clear lid allows you to keep an eye on the ingredient without having to stop the machine and take off the lid.So far I have made pizza, cakes stews bread pavlova, jam, The list goes on
If it failed I would replace tomorrow although given the quality i am sure this will not be necessary
Cleaning a breeze unlike the thermomix
Thank you Magimix for bringing such a great machine to the domestic market

ACT

• 2 questions
  • 4 answers
  • 10 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Impressed .....

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2016

I first heard about the magimix cook expert while reading Flore Vallery-Radot's blog (www.theflowshow.com). At that time cook expert wasn't available in Australia but I was fairly impressed with the machine and her review.

When I read that the cook expert was finally coming to Australia, i tried looking up reviews everywhere, but had little luck. I decided to take the plunge and buy it anyway but at a price tag above $2000 my husband wasn't that happy. His argument being that I didn't know if it was any good or not and secondly I already have every kitchen appliance available in the market (I have two bread makers and I don't even eat bread).

After having it for 4 months, I can honestly say my husband uses it more than I do :). I have used it for making mashed potato ( which come out excellent), curry, cake, hummus, falafel including many other things. I even melted chocolate in it once, no more standing in front of the stove and melting chocolate in a bain marie for me :).

I love my cook expert!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2016

I haven't found it falling short on anything yet. I truly love love love the self cleaning programe. I also own a Thermomix and I can truly say I prefer my cook expert- the induction heating is much faster and more precise. I'm looking forward to Christmas this year so that I can do the salads and dips- usually I'd gongs that amount of prep tedious but not this year

Purchased at: King of Knives

• 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: May 2017

GREAT PRODUCT, BUT IT IS NOT CHEAP

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2017

Very quality product at the high end of the scale. Great product if you cook/prepare food often. It is an essential for foodies to have this type of product and this is clearly the best it can cost you as much as $AU2000 but in my honest opinion it is well worth it

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: May 2017

Perfect!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

I don't have time to cook elaborate dishes .. but I also want to eat healthily at the same time.
This is my solutions for cooking healthy meals without processed or prepared foods such as stocks, sauces, and any other packaged/pre-packed flavourings/ingredients.. and did it in a jiffy!!
This is an absolute must!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 7 pages

Price and where to buy?

Bob asked on Nov 29, 2017

Answer this

Hi Bob, recommended retail price is $2099. Please visit our website magimix.com.au to find your nearest store. All the best.

Hi Bob, look on TVSN television show. They have the Magimix,Tefal Cusine Companion and others with part payments while you take it home and sometimes a gift as bonus. I love this show, highly recommend it. Bought many products from it.

I have a smaller family and am often making meals for just one or two people? Whats the minimum that can be cooked? Could I make just 1-2 cups custard for example? Or just one smoothie?

Suse asked on Jul 17, 2017

Answer this

The average serving of custard for 1, is one cup per serve. A child under 4 years of age will be satisfied, over 4 they are asking for seconds. Please take a look at the recipes in the grand recipe book and you will notice the recipes are usually catering for up to 6 people; my advice is to cut the recipes in half. Smoothies are the same, children will drink two sweet smoothies compared to one vegetable one; so add green leafy vegetables to the fruit ones. They keep in the fridge for the whole day, therefore they are not discarded, and your child has the benefit of a healthy drink in the morning and afternoon. I have whisked one egg white and was surprised at the volume of meringue it made.
Any of the main meal recipes can be halved to suffice the smaller family. Enjoy your learning, as time moves on your meals will grow.

I have a small family too and can definitely do smaller quantities. I personally prefer to make a large quantity and freeze batches (soups etc) but it could do a 500 ml quantity of smoothie or custard.

I'm with Terri...I like to do large batches and freeze. The machine will do small quantities as Maggie says. It's a kitchen assistant ...you can use it anyway you want.

Hi. What's the coating like inside the bowl? Does anyone find their food getting stuck to the bowl? Also, can you clean it in the dishwasher? Thanks

Natalia asked on Mar 26, 2017

Answer this

The coating on the bowl is like a satin finish, not gloss or matte. Easy as anything to clean. I have cooked custard, gravy, lemon butter, risotto, all of which used to stick on my old thermochef but this is a dream. Nothing burns or sticks. Apparently this is because it is induction. Also brilliant to make your gravy a bit ahead of time and leave it in there till you need it because it's insulated.

See all 11 questions about Magimix Cook Expert 7CO18900A