Date Purchased: Jan 2018

WORTH THE COST?

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2018

Is the product worth the $2000 that was spent on it, the answer is a big Yes! The cook expert is one of the best products that i've ever bought. time saving and the food alone is award worthy no doubt !!! i highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a hand in the kitchen..

Perth

• 7 answers

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

It’s magic in the kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

I love the cook expect. It’s expert programme gives you total control to try your personal recipes when you want to. It’s self rinse programme is a huge bonus to the CE. Yes I agree it’s expensive but it is sooo worth it. The bowl is big and very handy too. I would recommend these to anyone who wants a professional cook partner in the kitchen. Well done Magimix!

• 3 answers

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Mar 2018

It seriously is my Cook Expert!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2018

After years of maybe/maybe not, I'm only left wondering why it took me so long! The time save alone is worth it.
This machine is quite possibly THE best kitchen implement I've ever bought.
The kitchen is my favourite room in the home, and I love cooking and baking nearly as much as I love my kids. I've never made mayo's, pesto's or pates as perfect as what this does. My global knives are near redundant as this machine slices, grates and dices perfectly every time, same thickness, same size, same everything, in SECONDS, and no sore and tired hands.
It steams beautifully, from fish to veges to buns. It cleans wonderfully. The creamed soup setting is amazing, again the consistency, it purees to perfection. It kneads far far quicker than my pair of hands can do, and it's a whiz with a whisk. Outstanding quality and as another recent reviewer said, its ease of operation has been carefully thought out for all, from the newbie in the kitchen to the old hat of a home cook.
I can't rate it highly enough and I don't have enough room to write it all down so I'll just say this ... if you love to make, bake and cook, and you spend each and every day happily in the kitchen, BUY ONE.
I've spent years building up my rack of kitchen machines, but not one does what my Cook Expert does as perfectly, as consistently or as quick. Yes it's expensive but they do not compromise on any part.
My time is worth just as much and this reduces it dramatically. Money well spent. Now back to baking ...

Canberra

• 19 answers
  • 19 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

As good as the rave reviews maybe better

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2018

The Magimix Cook Expert is an intelligent design. It operational features have been carefully thought through with the home cook in mind ... the result being its ease of operation and its outstanding efficiency features. I recognise it will take time to master the Expert manual function however I am confident this knowledge will improve as I use it. There is a guide in the instruction manual to help with this.
I am in agreement that this is the best machine I have used in the kitchen. The whisk is clever and the steaming function divine. Wow .. if you are sitting on the fence like I have been because of its price and you find yourself needing to downsize, I recommend you purchase it because it will do almost everything.
Thank you Magimix for marketing an efficient cooking genius designed to uplift the kitchen experience to a pleasurable and enjoyable journey.

Purchased at: TVSN (TV Shopping Network)

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

greatest machine i have had

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2017

i have made quite a few things from the book that comes with the machine they all came out great
i am just about ready to use my own recipies even though i love the recepies from the book i cant fault it it is amazing i would wholly recoment it to everyone

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

What a fantastic multifunction appliance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

I purchased my CE at the beginning of this year on the recommendation of a friend who had purchased one last year, the more I use it the better my results are I was a little nervous as I like to be in complete control in my cooking kitchen, WOW I am still in control but having so many Automatic programs built in it makes my life much easier. I purchased the XL steamer a few weeks ago and we had a dinner party on Saturday night 8 people, cooked the complete meal just using the internal and XL steamer an fantastic result and so easy to clean.
A great investment for me and my family. Well done Magimix.

Coolangatta

• 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

1 year on and still in love with this appliance.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2017

I purchased my Cook Expert just over a year ago on a whim, after seeing it had a warranty of 30 years. I am still impressed every time I use it. Don't let the price alarm you. It's worth every penny when you have something cooking your dinner whilst you spend more time doing what you enjoy. The machine is sturdy and very quiet. It breezes through every task with ease. I couldn't be without it now and highly recommend it. Quality all the way.

Purchased at: Myer

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 question

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

A real kitchen friend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

I was given a competitor product for a present. Eventually after 3 returns of this product and eventually a refund of the purchase price, I brought an MCE. As I type, it is faithfully beavering away at a creamed pumpkin and parsnip soup. It is simple to use and efficient and I am relieved and grateful to have it in my kitchen helping me. We have a busy lifestyle and anything that lessens the domestic load is so welcome. I am still getting used to using the machine and have many things to try. I have found the rinse function time saving and efficient and the food processing parts also excellent. My advice to purchasers is to read all instructions very carefully, particularly those relating to water levels in the metal bowl. Don't be afraid to experiment with recipes using the book recipes as guidelines. I am very pleased with this machine and hope to have it as my kitchen friend for a long time to come.

• 2 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Great Machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2017

I have already cooked a variety of meals with great success. It's a well built machine, very easy to use and clean with consistent and reliable results. In addition to being a cook processor it is a full blown food processor too! If you want to use it for applications where the temperature has to be exact, such as in sous vide, I would recommend to measure its actual temperature and not rely on the setting as it may be different by 3-5 degrees. You don't need to worry about it for all other uses, just set the machine up, press the button and enjoy a tasty dinner when it finishes the cooking.

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

magimix mega awesome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

Magimix is a real magic all-in-one appliance in the kitchen. It does everything I need or want it to and is a real all-in-one appliance. The only down side is the price tag. At around an eye-watering $2100 AUD it's not cheap. It comes with a food processor unit and also several other attachments and can do whatever you ask of it. It also saves you space because with the magimix there's no need for appliances like a blender, food processor, smoothie maker, mixer, grinder, slicer etc. Admittedly not everyone can afford an appliance with such a hefty price tag so if money is no object then the Magimix is my first recommendation.

• 2 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Screws fall out, paint chips easy.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

I wanted to love this appliance. It's very expensive. A few days after purchase I noticed paint scratches on the red body. Emailed the company why it would chip so easy. But they were no help. I haven't knocked it or anything. Then not long after this. I noticed the screws were lose on the bottom and one fell off. While fixing/trying to catch this screw. It fell into the plug hole. I was so shocked it was lose in the first place. I have emailed the company but not had a reply back. For such an expensive appliance I think the build quality should be better. I seriously wish I had not purchased this appliance.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Magimix Official

Dear Carol, we are sorry to hear of your situation. Unfortunately we have not received your initial message. If you are able to resend this to sales@cambur.com.au or alternatively you can call our ... read more »

Magimix Official

Dear Carol, we have not heard from you. Please do contact us on 1800 337 313 so we can better assist. All the best.

Magimix Official

Dear Carol, we would love to help resolve your situation. Please do contact us at 1800 337 313.

GREAT PRODUCT, BUT IT IS NOT CHEAP

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2017

Very quality product at the high end of the scale. Great product if you cook/prepare food often. It is an essential for foodies to have this type of product and this is clearly the best it can cost you as much as $AU2000 but in my honest opinion it is well worth it

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Perfect!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

I don't have time to cook elaborate dishes .. but I also want to eat healthily at the same time.
This is my solutions for cooking healthy meals without processed or prepared foods such as stocks, sauces, and any other packaged/pre-packed flavourings/ingredients.. and did it in a jiffy!!
This is an absolute must!

Date Purchased: Aug 2015

It works

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

It is great at making pesto and my kids love using it to make smoothies and milkshakes for their friends.
It falls way short at making the bed or doing the dishes.
Cleaning it was a real pain but once I figured out how to take the blades out it was a breeze.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

• 7 answers

magic in the kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

I do not know how I lived without this product as it makes my life so easy in the kitchen. It has done everything that I have asked of it and has not missed a beat. From cakes to casseroles and pies to paella it works wonders, and makes my job so much easier. I find it is very easy to clean and stow away for the next time.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Magic in my Kitchen!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

I was was told about this great product by a friend! It is fantastic to use! It makes cooking sooo easy! I would recommend this great machine to everyone who cooks I have made casseroles cakes, desserts and I've a number of recipes ready to try! I also feel it would a great way to start someone to do more home cooking as it is made so easy!

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Date Purchased: Feb 2016

This is perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

The product is awesome and great to use The product is awesome and great to use The product is awesome and great to use The product is awesome and great to use The product is awesome and great to use The product is awesome and great to use The product is awesome and great to use The product is awesome and great to use

Perth

• 1 answer

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Just love this sturdy machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2017

Rinse function works v well. I only do a full wash (separate blade from bowl etc) when i am done with savoury and moving on to sweet, or at the end of each cooking session. E.g. i might make two casseroles, 2 soups of different recipes using rinse function in between and then do the full pull apart wash at the end. The best mashed potato ever, whole family loves making creamy soups (just throw in the stock, veges and press a button, in 30 mins perfect soups! Love frozen dessert program also, the fully functional food processor ...great value. Took me a while to get confident using expert program, but it is easy to use. Could do with 2 cook experts going at once I use it constantly! I tend to have big cook ups so sometimes do the beginning in cook expert and transfer to slow cooker so i can use cook expert to make something else. You do NOT need the new extra large dough hook or xxl steamer...over time you will decide if they are handy or not. Watch out for 20% off specials on ebay and/or special offers like bonus attachments for the food processor. I bought an extra cabinet from Ikea to house all the bits so they are easy to reach and use. Such a quality product. Very durable. Hasn't missed a beat. Excellent after sales service from Cambur industries, the Aussie distributors. Love the fb groups where people help each other out and share recipes.

Purchased at: Kitchen Warehouse

Parkinson Qld

• 10 answers

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

What a machine, it takes the place of 3 kitchen hands !!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2017

Cooked for over 60 years and then this came along, OMG! How ever did I manage before. Cuts hours out of preparation.. Soups perfect, Bread perfect, Casseroles perfect, Cakes perfect, Deserts perfect, Jams perfect, Chutneys perfect, Cleaning perfect !!!! Do you want me to stop? I could go on and on.....regards Maggie

• 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Loving my New Magimix

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2017

Magimix is excellent. I am so happy with my purchase. Its best of all gadgets into one product.
I also love the tablet holder and the recipes. The blender is perfect for making soups and smoothies.
Powerful enough to make nut butter easily which is one of the reasons I wanted a magimix. So far we have made hummus, pesto's, nut butter and it made the smoothest mashed potato ever.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 7 pages

I want to be sure that it is for me. Do you have a machine on loan or rental? I am more than happy to pay deposit and/or rental fee

L Lee asked on Sep 06, 2018

Hi L,
Sorry I don’t have it on rental. It’s for my personal use. But it’s worth asking around or doing a bit of research on it if you are unsure cause it a huge investment. But I am loving it even my kids use it as it’s child friendly too. All the best.

Regards
Angel

It would be sensible to contact a rental company for this kind of request. Have you forgotten the cost of transporting it and the fact those who own one, use it?

Hi L,

Most people who post here have it for personal use, therefore unless you are willing to pay a $2000 deposit (so they can buy another should they not receive theirs back) I am sure you won't find the answer you're looking for. Being we are not companies, we do not have the liability insurance to cover the cost of the appliance should we not receive it back in the same condition it was 'rented out'. Surely you understand this.

KK

Hi l am new to Magimix Cook Expert which l have just purchased. Please if anyone can tell me does the 7nit need to be turned off at the back switch after every use or is it safe to leave it in standby mode?

Peta M asked on Sep 02, 2018

Answer this

I leave it on with no safety issues. When I go away I turn off most PowerPoints in my home obviously not the fridge!

Hi,
I have left it on standby without any issues. To safe energy though I try to turn all appliances off except the fridge before I leave the house

Can anyone explain the differences when cooking, using speeds 1A, 2A and 3? Peter

Peter F asked on Aug 26, 2018

Hi Peter,
Speed 1a is the minimum stiring level ( it would not grind whatever you are cooking). The speed increases if you change it to 2a or 3 if you want it to stir faster( note that it might blend too if you increase the speed level while cooking to say..3. This is fantastic for soups

The previous response answers your question. The manual should explain this, if it does not it would be worth contacting the manufacturer and request it. Manuals are all too often deficient.

See all 24 questions about Magimix Cook Expert 7CO18900A