Excellent Product - Magimix Cook Expert

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2016

Best all in one cooking machine I have used. Not only does it cook, it can also food process. Beautiful slicing and grating. It has a huge cooking bowl, induction cooking, french design, 30 year motor warranty and much more!

Game changer! Life changer!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2016

Couldn't be more happy with the Cook Expert. Having all the functionality of a food processor and the ability to cook has made life in the kitchen easier and more enjoyable. Quality unit, easy to use, simple to clean and indestructible. With a family of four, the Cook Expert cooks ample amounts for us plus guests. Unlike other machines, the Cook Expert really does do it all, I am yet to find something 'wrong' or that it doesn't do well, I am completely satisfied and the Cook Expert and surpassed my expectations. Highly recommended!

Golf Coast

• 1 answer
Private message

Finally found the appliance of me dreams.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2016

I'm wrapped with the capabilities of the Cook Expert by Magimix. The huge cooking bowl is perfect for my large family The double wall on the bowl keeps my food warm and it will stop when finished, which means I can put it on, leave the house and return to a hot meal. I was impressed with the free recipe app too though would like to see a lot more recipes. I had been looking around for ages at Thermomix style appliances, but nothing has compared to all the features and warranty and value for money you get with this, plus it's very straight forward to use. The food processor is state of the art and it's included in the price.

• 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes

Very happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2016

I have used my Cook Expert for a month or so now. It's main benefit for me is being both a thermal cooker and a food processor. It has meant l need less appliances in the kitchen which is great.

I like the induction cooking and the higher temperature range and the self rinsing function is very handy.

The bowl is great being so wide for larger cooking quantities but at times it can be a bit tricky with evenly chopping items. I am slowly getting the hang of which speeds work well for this.

Overall l highly recommend it.

Better than I expected

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2016

Very happy with this machine. It's quieter than other thermal cooker/processors I have used. The inbuilt programmes which I did not expect to use are being heavily utilized. Everything is very sturdy, especially the whisk, with a great locking mechanism, which will please anyone who's had experience with other models! The double walled bowl is huge and will cook a decent sized curry brilliantly without mincing ingredients, then keep it warm. It excels at thirty minute soups. The food processor is what you would expect from Magimix - very powerful. The beeps and alarms can be turned down and/or off. The glass lid is a serious winner for me; I can observe and adjust without stopping the machine and the cap/centre lid is, once again, very sturdy and a good, safe and robust design. No danger of this lid going anywhere. The induction heating is extremely precise as are the scales which come with the machine. Worth the dollars for this all-in-one kitchen power tool!

Love the new Cook Expert

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2016

I love my Cook Expert, so easy to use and the rinse cycle makes it easy to clean. Fastest soups i have ever made. the unit looks good too. I now have started to enjoy cooking so much more. The Cook Expert comes with a food processor which is amazing.

Love my Magimix Cook Expert

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2016

I absolutely love my new Magimix Cook Expert. It is safe, easy to use and comes with a free recipe app for my phone/ipad. The included 5200xl food processor is an added bonus. I leave the entire machine on my bench and use it daily for food processing, slicing, grating and cooking - all from the one appliance. The metal bowl is large enough for our needs (family of 6) and I made a wonderful Thai red chicken curry from scratch. Also when I've had questions about the Cook Expert, the staff at Magimix Australia where very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend this product.

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Love my cook expert

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2016

Have had my MM Cook Expert 3 weeks and love it,have made pastry for the first time in years.The food prosessor is brillant and the s/steel cooking bowl is a great size,I always cook large amounts and freeze for another day.I had been thinking about a thermo cooker for a couple of years but always unsure about the cost and quality of the meals,didn't want mush.I have had no problem with the meat staying unmushed(if thats a word?)The programs are great and I'm really enjoying cooking again.Making my own jams,stocks and sauces,never cooked them before.Great Machine.

Purchased at: Kitchen Warehouse

Melbourne

• 1 question

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Magnificent machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2016

I love my CookExpert.
The Cook Expert is so easy to use and makes all our family favourite meals simply and without fuss. The induction heating allows precision cooking and the rinsing program tops it off for me, especially when making bread dough. The food processor part sold me. It is so powerful and slices and grates with ease. My best purchase yet.

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Great Food ! So Easy !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2016

It is my first cooking food processor, I can cook extremely quickly delicious and healthy meals, my cooking skills are improving.
The Product is intuitive to use, powerful, build to last and so versatile, I recommend to everyone who want to cook at home. The app and recipe book are clear and inspiring too !
You will need to adjust certain recipes to your taste and cooking timing depending of your ingredients.

A must from my POV !

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Love ❤️❤️❤️

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2016

I have had the Magimix since April 2016 and absolutely love it! It is so easy to create beautiful meals! Simple as adding ingredients, set the time, temperature and speed and walk away till it turns itself off! Also the Food Processor is fantastic and clean up is a breeze!

Enjoying it

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2016

I am not a great cook so haven't used it as much as others in this group but I have found the instructions easy to follow. I have used the fp part more than the thermal part but am wanting to do more. I need full instructions as it is not natural for me as it is for others to experiment. I like the rinse cycle. All I want is more recipes and I need to just go for it.

Purchased at: David Jones

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Worth Every Cent!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2016

I have had my Cook Expert since May (a Mother's Day present) and have loved it every time I use it. I was considering another brand of "thermal cooker" of similar price but was enticed by the bigger bowl, wider temperature range, induction heating, see through glass lid, separate 3 bowl food processor for more uniform slicing and grating and separate scales. I was reassured by the 30 year motor warranty and the very good reputation that Magimix have on all their kitchen appliances.

The base and metal bowl both feel sturdy and robust. It is easy to clean using the built in rinse cycle or when need be can be totally disassembled for a more thorough cleaning of every nook and crany.

The menus are easy and intuitive to use.

My two favourite things is to use it to prove breads and doughs when it is too cold in the house (of course after making them in the Cook Expert first!) and for quick, easy, smooth soups.

The iPad app has recipes being constantly added as well as a friendly FB group where we exchange tips and recipes. I have also converted many regular and other "thermal cooker" recipes easily.

You won't regret it!!

Purchased at: Peter's of Kensington

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Great time saver and has taken the pain out of daily cooking

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2016

I have recently purchased the Magimix and so far I have been very happy with it. It is very handy to be able to get home and throw everything in and leave it for 45 minutes and the dinner is ready without having to stand by a stove. We have also used it extensively for pastry, bread, pizza dough and cakes. Great results. I have found the recipes need a little altering to make them exactly to our taste but the support from magimix has been excellent. Easy to clean and the food processor is an added extra!

Perth

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Multifuction at its best

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2016

Stewed apples are a breeze, then you use the quick rinse and then make custard Voila. Was a little disappointed in the Bolognese sauce we prefer ours with some texture and found it to mushy but it its great for Lasagne. Love the Rinse cycle this was a great idea. The quality is amazing no plastic this was only one of the reasons for purchasing Magimix being an owner of the food processor it was a no brainer.

My new kitchen favourite

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2016

I struggled to decide between the thermomix and the Magimix and decided that a food processor was what I wanted best and that the cooking part was an added bonus.
The food processor is fantastic. cutting up vegetables is my least favorite kitchen chore and it is completes in seconds. I am saving up for the extra attachments so I can made chips and julienne vegetables.
The Magimix is fairly easy to clean. I was a little disappointed that despite being dishwasher safe that they advise not to put it in the dishwasher. Saying that it is relatively easy to clean and the self clean function works well.
The frozen desert function is a favorite. I love the fact that is you use a programmed function that you press a button and it does all of the speed changes etc for you. The beep at the end is also inoffensive.
The lemon curd and meringue is brilliant.
I have to learn how to use it for healthy food only :)
It will be great as they add more recipes to the site but it is very easy to convert recipes from the thermomix.

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Money well spent, replaces so many appliances

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2016

Like many busy mums, I've heard much about the competition and was tempted....until I heard about the Cook Expert. After seeing both machines in action, it was a no-brainer. I was won over by the large bowl size, the glass lid (no puree surprises), the full food-processor (slicing, grating, meat mincing etc), the warranty and Magimix reputation, even the single polite "beep" that won't wake a sleeping baby! In operation, the Cook Expert is a quieter machine which is important in open plan homes, the sleek looking base is solid - you won't want to move it on and off your bench - but it won't "walk" when kneading dough either. Recipes are easily adapted too, and all components are easy to clean. If I had to pick a fault, it would be the way the double-bowl holds water inside when washing in the sink, but I leave it drain in the sink. But this machine does so much, so well and while saving me time, so I love it.

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Everything you'd expect from Magimix..

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2016

Having inherited my mother's 1970's Magimix Food Processor and used it until a couple of years ago, I was already convinced of the superior reliability and quality of Magimix products. I have also owned the previous model of another 'all-in-one' cooking machine; once the Magimix was released I sold this and replaced it with a shiny red Cook Expert. There is no denying that any of these machines represent a considerable outlay, but I can honestly say that the Magimix beats the others by a long shot. Reliability, a 30 year warranty on the motor, beautiful stainless steel components, and all of the wizadry of a full-sized processor; the decision is one you'll never regret. I write a food blog and have a bespoke baking business, the all round excellence of the Cook Expert makes it the most used piece of equipment in my kitchen. As I use it several times a day, I also love the rinse function; it's efficient and time-saving. With Christmas coming, I urge you to put it on the top of your wish list..

Pinjarra

Love our magic machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2016

I had been researching thermal cookers for quite a while and was just about to order one when I came across the cook expert. I am so very glad that I decided to wait until it as released as I couldn't be happier :) My daughter has nicknamed it the Magic Machine as she says it can do everything. I absolutely love the food processor, it is so handy to have the different sized inserts. We have tried many different recipes from both the book/app and by converting recipes for other thermal cookers, and it has performed wonderfully, the cleaning function is handy as well.

My only complaint would be the water that gets into the bowl when cleaning, but as someone else said, it's easy enough to leave to drain and even if I forget and put it back on the base it's not a big deal.

Overall we are very happy with our purchase, it has been a lifesaver with a family of 5 with after-school activities almost every day, I'd even say it is made it easier and quicker to whip up something healthy for dinner than it is to drag everyone out to get take away.

Purchased at: Kitchen Warehouse

Perth

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Food Processor with Benefits.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2016

We primarily purchased the Cook Expert for its quality food processor. The three bowls, various discs and two blades means I don't need to wash items before moving onto the next dish. It also means we can use more raw food and be a little creative with shapes for the kids. Thermal cooking was a whole new world to us but thankfully the Cook Expert allows you to cook by 'feel' with the glass lid and the various set programs are really useful. The rinse cycle is surprisingly effective but the blades do waste a little more than old style beaters as you can't get under the blades.

Purchased at: David Jones

1 of 7 pages

Hi can you tell me what the inside of the metal bowl of the cook expert is made out of please? It looks a bit like aluminium??

Matilda berry asked on Jul 12, 2018

Hi Matilda berry,

The entire bowl is thermal insulated stainless steel. Heavy duty and double walled, so will not rust. The inside is matt, not the gloss finish of the outside, perhaps that’s why you think it looks like aluminium, but I can assure you it’s not, it’s def stainless steel.

Rgds
Kat

Awesome news. I bought one a few days ago and my builder son was convinced it’s aluminim which was a bit of a worry. Much relief thank you.

I assume it is stainless steel, I would be surprised if it was aluminium! It has not occurred to me it could be given the health implications. It might be a good question. I’ll have to do research!

I recently purchased a Magimix Patissier, but for some reason when putting the metal bowl onto the base, it is very difficult to click into place. Even my husband struggled. Once he finally clicked it in, trying the remove the bowl was just as difficult. Am I missing something? I went to Kitchen warehouse to ask the ladies there and they happened to have two on display. So they tried to click the bowl into place but they too found it extremely difficult. In fact, they couldn’t do it! Does the machine have to be switched on for the bowl to fit onto the base properly? I had no problems with the plastic bowl. Hope someone has a simple answer? Thanks. Gina

Gina asked on May 22, 2018

Answer this

Hi Gina, I experienced the issue your refer to once only, the first time I used it because I did not approach the bowl click from the designed direction. This is most likely the source of your problem. No the machine does not need to be switched on to fit the bowl. You are advised to follow the directions in the instruction booklet precisely because this wonderful product has been designed so the bowl fits using only one direction. It is left to right. It will not work using the other direction. The same applies to the lid. Both slide into place seamlessly.
The women at Ktichen Warehouse were obviously not familiar with the product! This is surprising given they sell it! It would be unlikely for so many machines to be faulty!
If this does not work fitting it the correct way, then your product is faulty. You will be entitled to a replacement or refund.
I trust this makes a difference, S

Hi Gina,

Fitting the main metal bowl and clicking it into place should not be difficult at all. The handle needs to be about an inch or so left of 6 o'clock( if that makes sense), and then it's a simple push to the right to lock it in place. If you've got issues with this then check the conversion/induction plate (thick black plate that sits on the motor base). If yours is like mine it will have two padlocks, locked and unlocked. The locked padlock needs to be in line with the little reset button on the base, which is in line with and above the [Auto] button on the control panel, essentially at 6 o'clock again. If it's not then potential issue #1.
Also, on the bottom of the main metal bowl (mine is different as I have a universal blade and a solid washer that locks it from the underside ), do you have anything that unscrews/opens (i.e. to aid cleaning), as potentially this may not be in place and causing an issue with fitting and removing the bowl when it's on the plate that sits atop the motor base?

If it's removing that's only the problem, then if the Patissier bowl is similar to the metal bowl in the Cook Expert (and I think it is, albeit the dimensions are different), then I would imagine the safety locking mechanism is the same, which means it's not an issue with it being plugged in to power (whether turned on or off) but rather the lid has to be on and in the unlock (or near unlock) position for bowl removal. This locking mechanism is a fail-safe of sorts. I know if I don't have the lid just left of 'locking centre' or completely unlocked, then my bowl doesn't want to budge. If I force it, it will, but I'm not about forcing and potentially breaking something I've spent $2k on :). I've 'accidentally' done th s with the transparent bowl combination feed tube/lid, i.e. forced it open several times and each time I hear that crunch of a click I cringe and think "unlock it properly woman!".

That's all I can offer, along with ... I hope you purchased it from a reputable retailer as they'll need to contact Magimix for you. With others I've spoken to that have one, they've never had an issue. Hope it works out for you.

KK

Many thanks for your response Kitty Kat! I’ll see if that works. I also thought maybe the point of where the handle clicks into place just needed some CRC or oil as it was so stiff. The lady at Magimix said that was fine as long as I didn’t get any CRC or oil into the motor. Anyway I’ll try anything! Thanks once again.

Gina

I am seriously considering getting the Magimix CE but it's such a huge investment I thought I'd head for the wisdom of the group before taking the plunge! I have a slow cooker as well as a pressure cooker. Would the CE add significantly more to me? Thank you in advance

Jan asked on Apr 21, 2018

Answer this

I understand your feeling, I went through the same... I use an auto pressure cooker for rice, risotto, pasta and the like...
it is a huge investment ... I bought it because it does everything ... no need for stand mixer, it juices too. I an preparing to downsize. I bought it on part payments and I don’t regret buying it. There have been hidden benefits buying it this way too.
It’s not essential, not much is!
if you feel you need it, take the plunge and consider part payment options. Good luck, I’ve been there, done that. It is not cheap but it will last longer than us!
I hope this helps you decide.

Thank you so much.

Magimix is definitely not a pressure cooker and probably not the best for slow cooking because you cannot set and forget, you will need to go back and restart every 2 hours. On the other hand it's brilliant, especially if you don't have a food processor, you do get an FP as part of the deal too. As for the cooker itself, I use it all the time, it saves me a lot of time and the results are consistent and yummy without (usually) needing me to do anything other than put the ingredients in and press the start button. Even when I need to follow some steps they are very simple and easy. Personally, I am very happy with CE and recommend it.

See all 20 questions about Magimix Cook Expert 7CO18900A