• 1 answer
  • 6 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Screws fall out, paint chips easy.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

I wanted to love this appliance. It's very expensive. A few days after purchase I noticed paint scratches on the red body. Emailed the company why it would chip so easy. But they were no help. I haven't knocked it or anything. Then not long after this. I noticed the screws were lose on the bottom and one fell off. While fixing/trying to catch this screw. It fell into the plug hole. I was so shocked it was lose in the first place. I have emailed the company but not had a reply back. For such an expensive appliance I think the build quality should be better. I seriously wish I had not purchased this appliance.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Magimix Cook Expert 7CO18900A Official

Dear Carol, we are sorry to hear of your situation. Unfortunately we have not received your initial message. If you are able to resend this to [email protected] or alternatively you can call our ... read more »

Magimix Cook Expert 7CO18900A Official

Dear Carol, we have not heard from you. Please do contact us on 1800 337 313 so we can better assist. All the best.

Date Purchased: Aug 2015

It works

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

It is great at making pesto and my kids love using it to make smoothies and milkshakes for their friends.
It falls way short at making the bed or doing the dishes.
Cleaning it was a real pain but once I figured out how to take the blades out it was a breeze.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

• 3 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Excellent for a busy young family

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2017

I was in the market for a thermomix having been to 2-3 parties, had seen a demonstration of the KitchenAid product and was ready to buy that when a friend called about a demonstration of the Magimix Cook Expert at Essential Ingredient. Within 10mins of seeing what it can do I was sold and bought it that day.
Reasons I bought the Magimix over other products: The huge size of the bowl (6-8 serves), you can saute onions and garlic in it, it has a self cleaning mode, THE WARRANTY (30 years on the motor, and 5 years on parts - how amazing is that!), that is comes with a food processor, if I bought that day an extra blade for the food processor, the steamer was made out of steal, it had an awesome splade that helped clean the bottom of the bowl and that it came from a really good company.
Everything it advertises, it does. There is excellent after care service as well. After 6 days of having the 'new family member' a small chip appeared in the enamel base. I was really scared that the company would disregard me and leave me with a new $2000 chipped product, however nothing is further from the truth. From the phone call to the head office to the personal home visit from Leanne, to me picking up a new base. I was so impressed with the after care. It was excellent. Nothing was an issue, the staff were all very kind and accommodating.
In regards to what I have made in it, I have made different types of bread, brioche, pavlova, one-dish dinners, sorbet, many a smoothies, amazing rice, massive amount chocolate brownies, soups, every Adrian Richardson recipe on YouTube, sauces, poaching, steaming vegetables, risottos, a great potato mash, poached eggs, used the food processor for grating, chip making, dicing, salads, dips.
The only thing that is slightly disappointing was the whisk making Pavlovas. I really like them to be stiff, where as the eggs do not whisk stiff enough for me. Which is fine I can still use my KitchenAid for this. Also the brioche was not amazing. However I think if I tried this a few times it would be good. Which shows you how good this product is. The first time I made all of these meals/dishes/desserts it WORKED! It is easy to use, my husband and I both use it. He loves it, because he can cook a healthy dinner and it works. ( I hope he never reads this!) No more scrambled EGG for dinner. Its so easy to make a quick sauce for pasta, or a one dish meal with rice. I mainly use it for dinners, however it is so versatile it is an overall beauty who takes pride on our kitchen bench.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Time Saver

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2017

We've had the Magimix for approximately 6 months. I love the soup and whipping function. Not needing to constantly have to stand and stir is an investment in itself. Also acting as a base for the food processor leaves one less item on the bench. Look forward to experiment further.

Gold Coast

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Get it, you won't regret it!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2016

I put off buying a top of the line thermal cooker for a year and a half. In that time, I satisfied my urge with what I termed fakomixes. I spent $300 on the Bellini Intelli machine and purchased an extra jug. I loved it until its motor gave up just beyond the 1 year warranty. I then spent $695 on the Bellini Supercook which gave up after 3 months and I got my money back. I did spend a long time researching alternatives. I really didn't want to spend what really does feel like a lot of money on a cooking machine! I wouldn't consider myself a cook (and especially not a baker) and I use the machine at least twice a week and over Christmas I have been using it twice a day. I have a family with small kids and we eat out a couple of times a week at most. I had never heard of Magimix and didn't even know that there was an alternative to Thermomix. Which, given its recent attitude to customer service in Australia, I wasn't willing to buy into. What really made the decision easy for me was the 30 year motor warranty and the Food processor. Having the Food processor so accessible and so fast has changed the way we eat for sure! Oh, and if you think the Induction is not an important feature, think again! Heats up so quickly and evenly. The motor is incredibly powerful and frozen desserts and ice are not a problem. I have had the machine since August 2016 and I am really very happy with it. I haven't had any small problems (which I had already had with the fakiomixes). My only niggle is with the recipes. I would really love a website or a booklet of user tested and written recipes, especially Australian ones (like some other brands have). Being a french brand, the recipes on the app and in the book definitely have a french accent (no pun intended). I am still learning to convert the recipes, particularly standard non-thermo recipes. The saving grace here is the Facebook community. Just a whole bunch of people passionate about cooking and helping each other! I have been on other cooking forums and this one is professional, on task and helpful. All in all, well done Magimix. A well designed and wonderfully made machine with great customer service....truly a beautiful thing!!

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Solid and well made

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2016

We did our research on a number of similar devices and have been very happy with our purchase. The magimix is quieter than most of the competitors, and has a large bowl. While it may not be the magical device that will do all the cooking for you we have found that it makes things a lot easier to do.
Our only criticisms is that the software apps that go with it need to be improved in reliability.

ACT

• 2 questions
  • 4 answers
  • 10 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Impressed .....

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2016

I first heard about the magimix cook expert while reading Flore Vallery-Radot's blog (www.theflowshow.com). At that time cook expert wasn't available in Australia but I was fairly impressed with the machine and her review.

When I read that the cook expert was finally coming to Australia, i tried looking up reviews everywhere, but had little luck. I decided to take the plunge and buy it anyway but at a price tag above $2000 my husband wasn't that happy. His argument being that I didn't know if it was any good or not and secondly I already have every kitchen appliance available in the market (I have two bread makers and I don't even eat bread).

After having it for 4 months, I can honestly say my husband uses it more than I do :). I have used it for making mashed potato ( which come out excellent), curry, cake, hummus, falafel including many other things. I even melted chocolate in it once, no more standing in front of the stove and melting chocolate in a bain marie for me :).

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Perth

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Multifuction at its best

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2016

Stewed apples are a breeze, then you use the quick rinse and then make custard Voila. Was a little disappointed in the Bolognese sauce we prefer ours with some texture and found it to mushy but it its great for Lasagne. Love the Rinse cycle this was a great idea. The quality is amazing no plastic this was only one of the reasons for purchasing Magimix being an owner of the food processor it was a no brainer.

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Enjoying it

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2016

I am not a great cook so haven't used it as much as others in this group but I have found the instructions easy to follow. I have used the fp part more than the thermal part but am wanting to do more. I need full instructions as it is not natural for me as it is for others to experiment. I like the rinse cycle. All I want is more recipes and I need to just go for it.

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

What a fantastic multifunction appliance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

I purchased my CE at the beginning of this year on the recommendation of a friend who had purchased one last year, the more I use it the better my results are I was a little nervous as I like to be in complete control in my cooking kitchen, WOW I am still in control but having so many Automatic programs built in it makes my life much easier. I purchased the XL steamer a few weeks ago and we had a dinner party on Saturday night 8 people, cooked the complete meal just using the internal and XL steamer an fantastic result and so easy to clean.
A great investment for me and my family. Well done Magimix.

Coolangatta

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

1 year on and still in love with this appliance.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2017

I purchased my Cook Expert just over a year ago on a whim, after seeing it had a warranty of 30 years. I am still impressed every time I use it. Don't let the price alarm you. It's worth every penny when you have something cooking your dinner whilst you spend more time doing what you enjoy. The machine is sturdy and very quiet. It breezes through every task with ease. I couldn't be without it now and highly recommend it. Quality all the way.

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

A real kitchen friend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

I was given a competitor product for a present. Eventually after 3 returns of this product and eventually a refund of the purchase price, I brought an MCE. As I type, it is faithfully beavering away at a creamed pumpkin and parsnip soup. It is simple to use and efficient and I am relieved and grateful to have it in my kitchen helping me. We have a busy lifestyle and anything that lessens the domestic load is so welcome. I am still getting used to using the machine and have many things to try. I have found the rinse function time saving and efficient and the food processing parts also excellent. My advice to purchasers is to read all instructions very carefully, particularly those relating to water levels in the metal bowl. Don't be afraid to experiment with recipes using the book recipes as guidelines. I am very pleased with this machine and hope to have it as my kitchen friend for a long time to come.

Sydney

• 1 comment

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Great Machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2017

I have already cooked a variety of meals with great success. It's a well built machine, very easy to use and clean with consistent and reliable results. In addition to being a cook processor it is a full blown food processor too! If you want to use it for applications where the temperature has to be exact, such as in sous vide, I would recommend to measure its actual temperature and not rely on the setting as it may be different by 3-5 degrees. You don't need to worry about it for all other uses, just set the machine up, press the button and enjoy a tasty dinner when it finishes the cooking.

magimix mega awesome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

Magimix is a real magic all-in-one appliance in the kitchen. It does everything I need or want it to and is a real all-in-one appliance. The only down side is the price tag. At around an eye-watering $2100 AUD it's not cheap. It comes with a food processor unit and also several other attachments and can do whatever you ask of it. It also saves you space because with the magimix there's no need for appliances like a blender, food processor, smoothie maker, mixer, grinder, slicer etc. Admittedly not everyone can afford an appliance with such a hefty price tag so if money is no object then the Magimix is my first recommendation.

GREAT PRODUCT, BUT IT IS NOT CHEAP

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2017

Very quality product at the high end of the scale. Great product if you cook/prepare food often. It is an essential for foodies to have this type of product and this is clearly the best it can cost you as much as $AU2000 but in my honest opinion it is well worth it

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Perfect!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

I don't have time to cook elaborate dishes .. but I also want to eat healthily at the same time.
This is my solutions for cooking healthy meals without processed or prepared foods such as stocks, sauces, and any other packaged/pre-packed flavourings/ingredients.. and did it in a jiffy!!
This is an absolute must!

• 7 answers

magic in the kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

I do not know how I lived without this product as it makes my life so easy in the kitchen. It has done everything that I have asked of it and has not missed a beat. From cakes to casseroles and pies to paella it works wonders, and makes my job so much easier. I find it is very easy to clean and stow away for the next time.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Magic in my Kitchen!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

I was was told about this great product by a friend! It is fantastic to use! It makes cooking sooo easy! I would recommend this great machine to everyone who cooks I have made casseroles cakes, desserts and I've a number of recipes ready to try! I also feel it would a great way to start someone to do more home cooking as it is made so easy!

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Date Purchased: Feb 2016

This is perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

The product is awesome and great to use The product is awesome and great to use The product is awesome and great to use The product is awesome and great to use The product is awesome and great to use The product is awesome and great to use The product is awesome and great to use The product is awesome and great to use

Perth

• 1 answer

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Just love this sturdy machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2017

Rinse function works v well. I only do a full wash (separate blade from bowl etc) when i am done with savoury and moving on to sweet, or at the end of each cooking session. E.g. i might make two casseroles, 2 soups of different recipes using rinse function in between and then do the full pull apart wash at the end. The best mashed potato ever, whole family loves making creamy soups (just throw in the stock, veges and press a button, in 30 mins perfect soups! Love frozen dessert program also, the fully functional food processor ...great value. Took me a while to get confident using expert program, but it is easy to use. Could do with 2 cook experts going at once I use it constantly! I tend to have big cook ups so sometimes do the beginning in cook expert and transfer to slow cooker so i can use cook expert to make something else. You do NOT need the new extra large dough hook or xxl steamer...over time you will decide if they are handy or not. Watch out for 20% off specials on ebay and/or special offers like bonus attachments for the food processor. I bought an extra cabinet from Ikea to house all the bits so they are easy to reach and use. Such a quality product. Very durable. Hasn't missed a beat. Excellent after sales service from Cambur industries, the Aussie distributors. Love the fb groups where people help each other out and share recipes.

Purchased at: Kitchen Warehouse

1 of 7 pages

I have a smaller family and am often making meals for just one or two people? Whats the minimum that can be cooked? Could I make just 1-2 cups custard for example? Or just one smoothie?

Suse asked on Jul 17, 2017

Answer this

The average serving of custard for 1, is one cup per serve. A child under 4 years of age will be satisfied, over 4 they are asking for seconds. Please take a look at the recipes in the grand recipe book and you will notice the recipes are usually catering for up to 6 people; my advice is to cut the recipes in half. Smoothies are the same, children will drink two sweet smoothies compared to one vegetable one; so add green leafy vegetables to the fruit ones. They keep in the fridge for the whole day, therefore they are not discarded, and your child has the benefit of a healthy drink in the morning and afternoon. I have whisked one egg white and was surprised at the volume of meringue it made.
Any of the main meal recipes can be halved to suffice the smaller family. Enjoy your learning, as time moves on your meals will grow.

I have a small family too and can definitely do smaller quantities. I personally prefer to make a large quantity and freeze batches (soups etc) but it could do a 500 ml quantity of smoothie or custard.

I'm with Terri...I like to do large batches and freeze. The machine will do small quantities as Maggie says. It's a kitchen assistant ...you can use it anyway you want.

Hi. What's the coating like inside the bowl? Does anyone find their food getting stuck to the bowl? Also, can you clean it in the dishwasher? Thanks

Natalia asked on Mar 26, 2017

Answer this

The coating on the bowl is like a satin finish, not gloss or matte. Easy as anything to clean. I have cooked custard, gravy, lemon butter, risotto, all of which used to stick on my old thermochef but this is a dream. Nothing burns or sticks. Apparently this is because it is induction. Also brilliant to make your gravy a bit ahead of time and leave it in there till you need it because it's insulated.

Do it weigh your ingredients when you add them?

Lin K asked on Feb 11, 2017

Answer this

no it doesn't weigh as you add but it comes with separate scales, I just weigh before I put in.

See all 10 questions about Magimix Cook Expert 7CO18900A