• 8 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Screws fall out, paint chips easy.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

I wanted to love this appliance. It's very expensive. A few days after purchase I noticed paint scratches on the red body. Emailed the company why it would chip so easy. But they were no help. I haven't knocked it or anything. Then not long after this. I noticed the screws were lose on the bottom and one fell off. While fixing/trying to catch this screw. It fell into the plug hole. I was so shocked it was lose in the first place. I have emailed the company but not had a reply back. For such an expensive appliance I think the build quality should be better. I seriously wish I had not purchased this appliance.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Magimix Cook Expert 7CO18900A Official

Dear Carol, we are sorry to hear of your situation. Unfortunately we have not received your initial message. If you are able to resend this to sales@cambur.com.au or alternatively you can call our ... read more »

Magimix Cook Expert 7CO18900A Official

Dear Carol, we have not heard from you. Please do contact us on 1800 337 313 so we can better assist. All the best.

Magimix Cook Expert 7CO18900A Official

Dear Carol, we would love to help resolve your situation. Please do contact us at 1800 337 313.

Date Purchased: Aug 2015

It works

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

It is great at making pesto and my kids love using it to make smoothies and milkshakes for their friends.
It falls way short at making the bed or doing the dishes.
Cleaning it was a real pain but once I figured out how to take the blades out it was a breeze.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

• 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Excellent for a busy young family

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2017

I was in the market for a thermomix having been to 2-3 parties, had seen a demonstration of the KitchenAid product and was ready to buy that when a friend called about a demonstration of the Magimix Cook Expert at Essential Ingredient. Within 10mins of seeing what it can do I was sold and bought it that day.
Reasons I bought the Magimix over other products: The huge size of the bowl (6-8 serves), you can saute onions and garlic in it, it has a self cleaning mode, THE WARRANTY (30 years on the motor, and 5 years on parts - how amazing is that!), that is comes with a food processor, if I bought that day an extra blade for the food processor, the steamer was made out of steal, it had an awesome splade that helped clean the bottom of the bowl and that it came from a really good company.
Everything it advertises, it does. There is excellent after care service as well. After 6 days of having the 'new family member' a small chip appeared in the enamel base. I was really scared that the company would disregard me and leave me with a new $2000 chipped product, however nothing is further from the truth. From the phone call to the head office to the personal home visit from Leanne, to me picking up a new base. I was so impressed with the after care. It was excellent. Nothing was an issue, the staff were all very kind and accommodating.
In regards to what I have made in it, I have made different types of bread, brioche, pavlova, one-dish dinners, sorbet, many a smoothies, amazing rice, massive amount chocolate brownies, soups, every Adrian Richardson recipe on YouTube, sauces, poaching, steaming vegetables, risottos, a great potato mash, poached eggs, used the food processor for grating, chip making, dicing, salads, dips.
The only thing that is slightly disappointing was the whisk making Pavlovas. I really like them to be stiff, where as the eggs do not whisk stiff enough for me. Which is fine I can still use my KitchenAid for this. Also the brioche was not amazing. However I think if I tried this a few times it would be good. Which shows you how good this product is. The first time I made all of these meals/dishes/desserts it WORKED! It is easy to use, my husband and I both use it. He loves it, because he can cook a healthy dinner and it works. ( I hope he never reads this!) No more scrambled EGG for dinner. Its so easy to make a quick sauce for pasta, or a one dish meal with rice. I mainly use it for dinners, however it is so versatile it is an overall beauty who takes pride on our kitchen bench.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Time Saver

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2017

We've had the Magimix for approximately 6 months. I love the soup and whipping function. Not needing to constantly have to stand and stir is an investment in itself. Also acting as a base for the food processor leaves one less item on the bench. Look forward to experiment further.

Gold Coast

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Get it, you won't regret it!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2016

I put off buying a top of the line thermal cooker for a year and a half. In that time, I satisfied my urge with what I termed fakomixes. I spent $300 on the Bellini Intelli machine and purchased an extra jug. I loved it until its motor gave up just beyond the 1 year warranty. I then spent $695 on the Bellini Supercook which gave up after 3 months and I got my money back. I did spend a long time researching alternatives. I really didn't want to spend what really does feel like a lot of money on a cooking machine! I wouldn't consider myself a cook (and especially not a baker) and I use the machine at least twice a week and over Christmas I have been using it twice a day. I have a family with small kids and we eat out a couple of times a week at most. I had never heard of Magimix and didn't even know that there was an alternative to Thermomix. Which, given its recent attitude to customer service in Australia, I wasn't willing to buy into. What really made the decision easy for me was the 30 year motor warranty and the Food processor. Having the Food processor so accessible and so fast has changed the way we eat for sure! Oh, and if you think the Induction is not an important feature, think again! Heats up so quickly and evenly. The motor is incredibly powerful and frozen desserts and ice are not a problem. I have had the machine since August 2016 and I am really very happy with it. I haven't had any small problems (which I had already had with the fakiomixes). My only niggle is with the recipes. I would really love a website or a booklet of user tested and written recipes, especially Australian ones (like some other brands have). Being a french brand, the recipes on the app and in the book definitely have a french accent (no pun intended). I am still learning to convert the recipes, particularly standard non-thermo recipes. The saving grace here is the Facebook community. Just a whole bunch of people passionate about cooking and helping each other! I have been on other cooking forums and this one is professional, on task and helpful. All in all, well done Magimix. A well designed and wonderfully made machine with great customer service....truly a beautiful thing!!

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Solid and well made

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2016

We did our research on a number of similar devices and have been very happy with our purchase. The magimix is quieter than most of the competitors, and has a large bowl. While it may not be the magical device that will do all the cooking for you we have found that it makes things a lot easier to do.
Our only criticisms is that the software apps that go with it need to be improved in reliability.

ACT

• 2 questions
  • 4 answers
  • 10 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Impressed .....

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2016

I first heard about the magimix cook expert while reading Flore Vallery-Radot's blog (www.theflowshow.com). At that time cook expert wasn't available in Australia but I was fairly impressed with the machine and her review.

When I read that the cook expert was finally coming to Australia, i tried looking up reviews everywhere, but had little luck. I decided to take the plunge and buy it anyway but at a price tag above $2000 my husband wasn't that happy. His argument being that I didn't know if it was any good or not and secondly I already have every kitchen appliance available in the market (I have two bread makers and I don't even eat bread).

After having it for 4 months, I can honestly say my husband uses it more than I do :). I have used it for making mashed potato ( which come out excellent), curry, cake, hummus, falafel including many other things. I even melted chocolate in it once, no more standing in front of the stove and melting chocolate in a bain marie for me :).

Perth

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Multifuction at its best

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2016

Stewed apples are a breeze, then you use the quick rinse and then make custard Voila. Was a little disappointed in the Bolognese sauce we prefer ours with some texture and found it to mushy but it its great for Lasagne. Love the Rinse cycle this was a great idea. The quality is amazing no plastic this was only one of the reasons for purchasing Magimix being an owner of the food processor it was a no brainer.

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Enjoying it

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2016

I am not a great cook so haven't used it as much as others in this group but I have found the instructions easy to follow. I have used the fp part more than the thermal part but am wanting to do more. I need full instructions as it is not natural for me as it is for others to experiment. I like the rinse cycle. All I want is more recipes and I need to just go for it.

Perth

• 3 answers

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

It’s magic in the kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

I love the cook expect. It’s expert programme gives you total control to try your personal recipes when you want to. It’s self rinse programme is a huge bonus to the CE. Yes I agree it’s expensive but it is sooo worth it. The bowl is big and very handy too. I would recommend these to anyone who wants a professional cook partner in the kitchen. Well done Magimix!

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Mar 2018

It seriously is my Cook Expert!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2018

After years of maybe/maybe not, I'm only left wondering why it took me so long! The time save alone is worth it.
This machine is quite possibly THE best kitchen implement I've ever bought.
The kitchen is my favourite room in the home, and I love cooking and baking nearly as much as I love my kids. I've never made mayo's, pesto's or pates as perfect as what this does. My global knives are near redundant as this machine slices, grates and dices perfectly every time, same thickness, same size, same everything, in SECONDS, and no sore and tired hands.
It steams beautifully, from fish to veges to buns. It cleans wonderfully. The creamed soup setting is amazing, again the consistency, it purees to perfection. It kneads far far quicker than my pair of hands can do, and it's a whiz with a whisk. Outstanding quality and as another recent reviewer said, its ease of operation has been carefully thought out for all, from the newbie in the kitchen to the old hat of a home cook.
I can't rate it highly enough and I don't have enough room to write it all down so I'll just say this ... if you love to make, bake and cook, and you spend each and every day happily in the kitchen, BUY ONE.
I've spent years building up my rack of kitchen machines, but not one does what my Cook Expert does as perfectly, as consistently or as quick. Yes it's expensive but they do not compromise on any part.
My time is worth just as much and this reduces it dramatically. Money well spent. Now back to baking ...

Canberra

• 14 answers
  • 18 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

As good as the rave reviews maybe better

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2018

The Magimix Cook Expert is an intelligent design. It operational features have been carefully thought through with the home cook in mind ... the result being its ease of operation and its outstanding efficiency features. I recognise it will take time to master the Expert manual function however I am confident this knowledge will improve as I use it. There is a guide in the instruction manual to help with this.
I am in agreement that this is the best machine I have used in the kitchen. The whisk is clever and the steaming function divine. Wow .. if you are sitting on the fence like I have been because of its price and you find yourself needing to downsize, I recommend you purchase it because it will do almost everything.
Thank you Magimix for marketing an efficient cooking genius designed to uplift the kitchen experience to a pleasurable and enjoyable journey.

Purchased at: TVSN (TV Shopping Network)

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

greatest machine i have had

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2017

i have made quite a few things from the book that comes with the machine they all came out great
i am just about ready to use my own recipies even though i love the recepies from the book i cant fault it it is amazing i would wholly recoment it to everyone

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

What a fantastic multifunction appliance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

I purchased my CE at the beginning of this year on the recommendation of a friend who had purchased one last year, the more I use it the better my results are I was a little nervous as I like to be in complete control in my cooking kitchen, WOW I am still in control but having so many Automatic programs built in it makes my life much easier. I purchased the XL steamer a few weeks ago and we had a dinner party on Saturday night 8 people, cooked the complete meal just using the internal and XL steamer an fantastic result and so easy to clean.
A great investment for me and my family. Well done Magimix.

Coolangatta

• 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

1 year on and still in love with this appliance.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2017

I purchased my Cook Expert just over a year ago on a whim, after seeing it had a warranty of 30 years. I am still impressed every time I use it. Don't let the price alarm you. It's worth every penny when you have something cooking your dinner whilst you spend more time doing what you enjoy. The machine is sturdy and very quiet. It breezes through every task with ease. I couldn't be without it now and highly recommend it. Quality all the way.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 question

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

A real kitchen friend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

I was given a competitor product for a present. Eventually after 3 returns of this product and eventually a refund of the purchase price, I brought an MCE. As I type, it is faithfully beavering away at a creamed pumpkin and parsnip soup. It is simple to use and efficient and I am relieved and grateful to have it in my kitchen helping me. We have a busy lifestyle and anything that lessens the domestic load is so welcome. I am still getting used to using the machine and have many things to try. I have found the rinse function time saving and efficient and the food processing parts also excellent. My advice to purchasers is to read all instructions very carefully, particularly those relating to water levels in the metal bowl. Don't be afraid to experiment with recipes using the book recipes as guidelines. I am very pleased with this machine and hope to have it as my kitchen friend for a long time to come.

• 6 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Great Machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2017

I have already cooked a variety of meals with great success. It's a well built machine, very easy to use and clean with consistent and reliable results. In addition to being a cook processor it is a full blown food processor too! If you want to use it for applications where the temperature has to be exact, such as in sous vide, I would recommend to measure its actual temperature and not rely on the setting as it may be different by 3-5 degrees. You don't need to worry about it for all other uses, just set the machine up, press the button and enjoy a tasty dinner when it finishes the cooking.

magimix mega awesome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

Magimix is a real magic all-in-one appliance in the kitchen. It does everything I need or want it to and is a real all-in-one appliance. The only down side is the price tag. At around an eye-watering $2100 AUD it's not cheap. It comes with a food processor unit and also several other attachments and can do whatever you ask of it. It also saves you space because with the magimix there's no need for appliances like a blender, food processor, smoothie maker, mixer, grinder, slicer etc. Admittedly not everyone can afford an appliance with such a hefty price tag so if money is no object then the Magimix is my first recommendation.

Date Purchased: May 2017

GREAT PRODUCT, BUT IT IS NOT CHEAP

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2017

Very quality product at the high end of the scale. Great product if you cook/prepare food often. It is an essential for foodies to have this type of product and this is clearly the best it can cost you as much as $AU2000 but in my honest opinion it is well worth it

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Date Purchased: May 2017

Perfect!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

I don't have time to cook elaborate dishes .. but I also want to eat healthily at the same time.
This is my solutions for cooking healthy meals without processed or prepared foods such as stocks, sauces, and any other packaged/pre-packed flavourings/ingredients.. and did it in a jiffy!!
This is an absolute must!

1 of 7 pages

Hi can you tell me what the inside of the metal bowl of the cook expert is made out of please? It looks a bit like aluminium??

Matilda berry asked on Jul 12, 2018

Hi Matilda berry,

The entire bowl is thermal insulated stainless steel. Heavy duty and double walled, so will not rust. The inside is matt, not the gloss finish of the outside, perhaps that’s why you think it looks like aluminium, but I can assure you it’s not, it’s def stainless steel.

Rgds
Kat

Awesome news. I bought one a few days ago and my builder son was convinced it’s aluminim which was a bit of a worry. Much relief thank you.

I assume it is stainless steel, I would be surprised if it was aluminium! It has not occurred to me it could be given the health implications. It might be a good question. I’ll have to do research!

I recently purchased a Magimix Patissier, but for some reason when putting the metal bowl onto the base, it is very difficult to click into place. Even my husband struggled. Once he finally clicked it in, trying the remove the bowl was just as difficult. Am I missing something? I went to Kitchen warehouse to ask the ladies there and they happened to have two on display. So they tried to click the bowl into place but they too found it extremely difficult. In fact, they couldn’t do it! Does the machine have to be switched on for the bowl to fit onto the base properly? I had no problems with the plastic bowl. Hope someone has a simple answer? Thanks. Gina

Gina asked on May 22, 2018

Answer this

Hi Gina, I experienced the issue your refer to once only, the first time I used it because I did not approach the bowl click from the designed direction. This is most likely the source of your problem. No the machine does not need to be switched on to fit the bowl. You are advised to follow the directions in the instruction booklet precisely because this wonderful product has been designed so the bowl fits using only one direction. It is left to right. It will not work using the other direction. The same applies to the lid. Both slide into place seamlessly.
The women at Ktichen Warehouse were obviously not familiar with the product! This is surprising given they sell it! It would be unlikely for so many machines to be faulty!
If this does not work fitting it the correct way, then your product is faulty. You will be entitled to a replacement or refund.
I trust this makes a difference, S

Hi Gina,

Fitting the main metal bowl and clicking it into place should not be difficult at all. The handle needs to be about an inch or so left of 6 o'clock( if that makes sense), and then it's a simple push to the right to lock it in place. If you've got issues with this then check the conversion/induction plate (thick black plate that sits on the motor base). If yours is like mine it will have two padlocks, locked and unlocked. The locked padlock needs to be in line with the little reset button on the base, which is in line with and above the [Auto] button on the control panel, essentially at 6 o'clock again. If it's not then potential issue #1.
Also, on the bottom of the main metal bowl (mine is different as I have a universal blade and a solid washer that locks it from the underside ), do you have anything that unscrews/opens (i.e. to aid cleaning), as potentially this may not be in place and causing an issue with fitting and removing the bowl when it's on the plate that sits atop the motor base?

If it's removing that's only the problem, then if the Patissier bowl is similar to the metal bowl in the Cook Expert (and I think it is, albeit the dimensions are different), then I would imagine the safety locking mechanism is the same, which means it's not an issue with it being plugged in to power (whether turned on or off) but rather the lid has to be on and in the unlock (or near unlock) position for bowl removal. This locking mechanism is a fail-safe of sorts. I know if I don't have the lid just left of 'locking centre' or completely unlocked, then my bowl doesn't want to budge. If I force it, it will, but I'm not about forcing and potentially breaking something I've spent $2k on :). I've 'accidentally' done th s with the transparent bowl combination feed tube/lid, i.e. forced it open several times and each time I hear that crunch of a click I cringe and think "unlock it properly woman!".

That's all I can offer, along with ... I hope you purchased it from a reputable retailer as they'll need to contact Magimix for you. With others I've spoken to that have one, they've never had an issue. Hope it works out for you.

KK

Many thanks for your response Kitty Kat! I’ll see if that works. I also thought maybe the point of where the handle clicks into place just needed some CRC or oil as it was so stiff. The lady at Magimix said that was fine as long as I didn’t get any CRC or oil into the motor. Anyway I’ll try anything! Thanks once again.

Gina

I am seriously considering getting the Magimix CE but it's such a huge investment I thought I'd head for the wisdom of the group before taking the plunge! I have a slow cooker as well as a pressure cooker. Would the CE add significantly more to me? Thank you in advance

Jan asked on Apr 21, 2018

Answer this

I understand your feeling, I went through the same... I use an auto pressure cooker for rice, risotto, pasta and the like...
it is a huge investment ... I bought it because it does everything ... no need for stand mixer, it juices too. I an preparing to downsize. I bought it on part payments and I don’t regret buying it. There have been hidden benefits buying it this way too.
It’s not essential, not much is!
if you feel you need it, take the plunge and consider part payment options. Good luck, I’ve been there, done that. It is not cheap but it will last longer than us!
I hope this helps you decide.

Thank you so much.

Magimix is definitely not a pressure cooker and probably not the best for slow cooking because you cannot set and forget, you will need to go back and restart every 2 hours. On the other hand it's brilliant, especially if you don't have a food processor, you do get an FP as part of the deal too. As for the cooker itself, I use it all the time, it saves me a lot of time and the results are consistent and yummy without (usually) needing me to do anything other than put the ingredients in and press the start button. Even when I need to follow some steps they are very simple and easy. Personally, I am very happy with CE and recommend it.

See all 20 questions about Magimix Cook Expert 7CO18900A