In Love

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2017

I was eager to purchase a thermomix after seeing my sisters in action until i saw the magimix. I decided on the magimix due to bowl size and food processor and have not looked back. We have allergies and i can accommodate this easily for my son and I. I spent alot of money of pre packaged food and now have the confidence and ability at attempting new receipes including breads and pastry that are gluten free.
I do miss the veroma dish that accompanies the thermomix that supports the capacity to cook rice, meat and vegies due to space.

Love the combination!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2017

I have had a different brand for several years as well as a magimix food processer sitting on my bench. I would constantly say that I wished there was one appliance that had both and last year the Cook Expert arrived!
We travel with many allergies and intolerances I have to cook everything from scratch. The best thing has been being able to take the CE with us now where I can very quickly and easily cook everything we need whether hotel, room, house or caravan.
Downside is that there is no travel bag available which for us would be more than brilliant. It may also take a little trial and error choosing which bowl if you are not used to the FP option to learn all its capabilities especially if you are used to a different thermal cooker previously. Rice is not as efficient or easy, I'm still perfecting that and I am unable to steam a roast until the external steamer is released.
Upside, I rarely have to chop veggies, steaming function I love, I love the variety of attachments you can get - the dicer/French fry is a must have. Soup function is brilliant and I can now make my main means fully in there as it doesn't wreck my meat or mush my veggies like my other brand. I also love that you can wait and buy it on special every now and then making it more affordable for many people.
Love it!

Brisbane

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Just what I was looking for!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2017

I'm so glad that I waited for the Magimix Cook Expert. It was exactly what I was looking for in terms of functionality, ease of use and quality. I was looking for an appliance that had limited plastic components that came in touch with the food. None of the other brands could provide me with information in relation to leaching of any chemicals over 100degrees Celsius. Love the glass lid, the stainless steel bowl. It's easy to clean and simple to use. Once you get the hang of it you can create anything you like. The cooking for my kids birthday party was a breeze with all the cakes, muffins and cupcakes I made from the accompanying recipe book with an occasional tweak here or there! I've tried several of the recipes and they have all turned out super yummy for some very fussy eaters in my house. All in all the MCE is a great buy for all the functionality and versatility that it provides. Love it!

Adelaide, Australia

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

5 stars is not enough

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2017

I've just purchased the magimix cook expert and to say I'm impressed is an understatement. With a chef background this took alot of research and justifying of why I would need or if I would even use such a machine. I have knife skills and cooking skills so bringing myself to part with the cash it needed to be something special. Enter magimix cook expert.
What a spectacular looking machine. Looks like nothing else on the market. Huge metal bowl, this was a definite selling point for me. I could never understand how you could cook a family meal in those other units. The base of the bowl is wide which makes it relatively easy to scrape the bowl. It is very easy to use and to adapt recipes. Love the cleaning function. 30 year warranty also.
So many functions to try out still. This has reignited my passion.
Thankyou magimix this is one super special machine

Purchased at: David Jones

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

What a Groovy machine..

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2017

Firstly I would like to thank the team at Magimix and all members of the MCE group for being such great humans.
This machine is my very first and only type of this kind, I've never even owned a food processor.
Which is what I was intending on buying until I seen the Cook Expert and so glad I waited.
I found this machine to be so so clever in a way I couldn't imagine.
It's does the lot and not only looks amazing it really is.
It took me a while and there were moments I thought I can't do it, I'm no good at it, but really you don't have to be it's the machine that does all the work and once I got past all that.. well there was no going back.
The free App that is available is so very handy for a lot of things including shopping list for ingredients.
The steamer basket is one of my favourites for multi cooking it's a very handy attachment.
Rinse function and the ease of undoing is just great.
I really can't wait for the cooler weather as I love soups and making bread bowls, oh yum!!
The Expert does it with ease nothing to hard. Fresh beautiful produce straight in and bang it's all done. With the support from the group and Magimix it really is a delight to own. A second bowl would also be a great addition.
Very Happy Customer✌

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Life made easy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2017

I love my magimix cook expert, it is fast and very easy to use. I am in love with the soup option and especially the steaming of fruit and vegetables. Sometimes it a little difficult to scrape out all your ingredients from under the blades, but not very often. The appliance is very easy to clean and I love the rinse option.

Pacific Paradise

• 1 answer

Date Purchased: May 2016

Multifunction amazing machine.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2017

While this machine doesn't do everything it comes close. I love the fact you can chop, saute then add remaining ingredients set and forget. Cook expert has a decent size bowl. The added bonus of a food processor is invaluable. It replaces several other appliances. Exceeded my expectations, no job is beyond your capabilities, very easy to convert your own recipes. Great results for either the simple cook or the more adventurous cook. The machine itself is of a very sturdy build, with a fantastic warranty. I don't regret buying this machine it is a great addition to my kitchen.

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Great Kitchen Device

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2017

It is great having a food processor as well as the cooking bowl. So far the soups and sauces i have made have been delicious. And the food processor makes salads and dips so well. I am yet to try more complicated dishes.
I tend to use the machine for a few things at a time, given it does take a bit of time to wash and dry, even with the 'self clean' function.
The Magimix Cook Expert Ap is OK but it only has the recipes that are in the cookbook.
However, it is a great machine and I'm very happy with my purchase. I need more practice so i perfect the various functions.

Purchased at: Essential Ingredient

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Time saver professional cooker

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2017

Iv researched several cook processors and finally made the executive decision to purchase to Magimix expert and no regrets!!! As a single mum and busy everyday life and wanting nutritious meals and snacks for my family this was an investment well spent. The quality finish and sturdiness of the machine is wonderful. It looks great on the bench and I love experimenting with the product.

Purchased at: TVSN (TV Shopping Network)

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Time Saver

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2017

We've had the Magimix for approximately 6 months. I love the soup and whipping function. Not needing to constantly have to stand and stir is an investment in itself. Also acting as a base for the food processor leaves one less item on the bench. Look forward to experiment further.

Purchased at: Myer

I love it!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2017

We've had a Magimix in our household since I was little, but the Cook Expert is on another level altogether. It is just the best kitchen appliance (no need for anything else)! I haven't stopped inventing recipes since I got it. It makes everything healthier and tastier and easier! Just a quick wash in hot soapy water is all that's needed to get it looking clean. I love it!

Perth

• 2 helpful votes

Time-saving for new mum

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2017

I bought the magimix right after my first child was born. I was keen to try a thermal cooker, but what sold this to me over any of the others, was the food processor that also attaches to the base - it give endless options, rather than just a cooker. It is so easy to chop, blend and grate.

The additional attachments mean the machine really is multi-use.

My baby is about to start eating solid food, and I think the magimix is going to be invaluable for one-pot dishes...I will be able to cook or steam and puree all in the same bowl! It also means I don't have to stand at the stove right on the witching hour.

I still have a lot to learn about the machine - but what we have made so far has been impressive.

Purchased at: Kitchen Warehouse

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 question
  • 1 answer

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2016

'Simply The Best'

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2017

I love my Magimix Cook Expert. It's like having an extra pair of helping hands in the kitchen, I can prepare other things while the machine is stirring, mixing, cooking, steaming, kneading, and many more:) I chose the Cook Expert after researching all the thermo machines on the market and decided on Magimix Expert for it's induction cooking, 12 automatic programmes, self cleaning function, 30 yr warranty:)), everything stainless steel and glass, not plastic, see through lid, and last but not least the fabulous food processor which is so large, quick and powerful. In my humble opinion, after all my research, Magimix is the best on the market and since my purchase a few months back I have had so much fun using it and it has definitely made my life, my cooking life, so much easier and enjoyable. Thank-you Magimix for a wonderful appliance:

Purchased at: TVSN (TV Shopping Network)

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

The best kitchen appliance that I have ever bought. Cathy 15/1/17

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2017

I have always enjoyed cooking for my family and friends and only wish that the CE was available when we were raising our 3 very active and always very hungry sons. It makes cooking quick, healthy meals easy and fun. Now, there is always pizza dough in the freezer which we use to create interesting, and healthy pizzas. Soups can be on the table within ½ hour of arriving home after a busy day. Other dishes, such as Bolognaise, stir themselves leaving me with free hands to prepare other parts of the meal. After researching a number of cooking machines, I chose the CE as it also had the magimix food processor – a great time saver. If I could, I would have a CE in the kitchens of all young families. It would change their lives!

Adelaide

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

I found The One.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2017

I have a Magimix Expert and would highly recommend it.

A bit about me: I love good quality home made food but as a working mum, time to prepare interesting dinners is limited. I also don't like lots of kitchen gadgets and appliances, so it has taken me 2 years of research to find The One. I have been to Thermomix demos and they didn't appeal to me - limited functionality and bowl too small. Besides, I needed something heavy duty enough to make dough and pastry, with the finesse of whipping cream and egg whites. I also needed a family sized food processor. Big ask right! Magimix ticked all the boxes. It's also very compact and quiet. And yes, with the rinse function, it does a good job of cleaning itself.

Result: I can make a Thai Green curry from scratch in about 30 mins. Made brilliant desserts using the Magimix (literally fool proof) recepes. I've always struggled making desserts as they require a lot of exact temperatures / time / qtts so the Magimix helps so much with that. And best of all, because I only use one unit, there's minimal mess (eg profiteroles: pastry, custard and choc glaze all in the Magimix).

At $2,000 it's quite an investment, but the alternative is buying a high end food processor, stand mixer and some form of induction cooker. Collectively, they would cost more & clutter my kitchen with bits and pieces. I just love it, and at $2K my husband was curious enough to learn how to use it.

Purchased at: Myer

makes cooking easier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2017

It was so easy to make passionfruit curd, and so easy to clean. Liked size of bowl. Looked at thermomix for ages but could not bring myself to purchase, felt bowl was too small and too noisy. I have a magimix food processor since 1981 and it is still working, and my son bought me the 5200XL in 2011. Felt could not go wrong with this. Am really happy as it is not as noisy as thermomix. My husband is also using it. Great for steaming chicken pieces which he loves.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Magimix cook expert - convenient quick meals

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2017

What sold me on the cook expert was the ability to add the food processing attachments. I wanted to be able to still grate and slice foods. I was not interested in buying aThermal cooker without these functions.
I have, however, really been enjoying the ease and convenience of making delicious creamed soups and sauces in my cook expert. After a busy day at work it is great being able to set it and forget it until it is cooked and ready to serve. Custards and crenelated patisserie is also a breeze to make.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Cook Expert makes life in the kitchen Easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2017

Great size bowl and excellent for temperature control for making sauces, ricotta cheese, yoghurt etc. I am not a great cook and this Magimix product makes it easier for me to get the recipe right. Great for making soups as it has its own special setting to pretty well make the soup for you.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Life Changing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2017

The cook expert has changed our lives not only in cooking ability but our total life style. We have lost weight, eat healthier, and magimix allows us to cook with real food. The app is fabulous when shopping for recipes, i ask my wife what she feels like for dinner before we go home pickup the ingredients and cook it within 30mins. The versatility of the machine simply out performs its competitors, cleaning is quick and easy i use the self cleaning program no dish washing required, we have learnt so much from the fabulous support team and other users in the many facebook, and youtube pages available online. Demonstrations are great to attend you not only learn from them you get to taste test the results. The Magimix Cook Expert can easily adapt any recipe including those from grandma and grandpa that are centuries old. Buy it we know you'll love it like we do. Bonn Appetite!!

Purchased at: David Jones

Game changer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2017

We debated whether a thermal cooker was really necessary and I wish we hadn't waited so long! It was a little daunting to use at first (it stayed in the box for 2 weeks), when we finally set it up and cooked with it, wow. The menu function was easy to use, the food tasted delicious and was cooked without any need for additional stirring or need for worrying that it might burn if forgotten. We are first time parents and this appliance really simplifies the cooking process, particularly for the tricky evening meals. The food processor component is also easy to use & exceptional quality that you'd expect from a Magimix food processor. Both bowls are a bit fiddly to clean but certainly not something that would deter me from buying this product again.

2 of 7 pages

I have a Magimix cook Expert it works well but I can't find a recipe to make good gravy in it. Can someone help me please?

Maggie asked on Dec 16, 2017

Price and where to buy?

Bob asked on Nov 29, 2017

Answer this

Hi Bob, recommended retail price is $2099. Please visit our website magimix.com.au to find your nearest store. All the best.

Hi Bob, look on TVSN television show. They have the Magimix,Tefal Cusine Companion and others with part payments while you take it home and sometimes a gift as bonus. I love this show, highly recommend it. Bought many products from it.

I have a smaller family and am often making meals for just one or two people? Whats the minimum that can be cooked? Could I make just 1-2 cups custard for example? Or just one smoothie?

Suse asked on Jul 17, 2017

Answer this

The average serving of custard for 1, is one cup per serve. A child under 4 years of age will be satisfied, over 4 they are asking for seconds. Please take a look at the recipes in the grand recipe book and you will notice the recipes are usually catering for up to 6 people; my advice is to cut the recipes in half. Smoothies are the same, children will drink two sweet smoothies compared to one vegetable one; so add green leafy vegetables to the fruit ones. They keep in the fridge for the whole day, therefore they are not discarded, and your child has the benefit of a healthy drink in the morning and afternoon. I have whisked one egg white and was surprised at the volume of meringue it made.
Any of the main meal recipes can be halved to suffice the smaller family. Enjoy your learning, as time moves on your meals will grow.

I have a small family too and can definitely do smaller quantities. I personally prefer to make a large quantity and freeze batches (soups etc) but it could do a 500 ml quantity of smoothie or custard.

I'm with Terri...I like to do large batches and freeze. The machine will do small quantities as Maggie says. It's a kitchen assistant ...you can use it anyway you want.

See all 12 questions about Magimix Cook Expert 7CO18900A