• 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Loving my New Magimix

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2017

Magimix is excellent. I am so happy with my purchase. Its best of all gadgets into one product.
I also love the tablet holder and the recipes. The blender is perfect for making soups and smoothies.
Powerful enough to make nut butter easily which is one of the reasons I wanted a magimix. So far we have made hummus, pesto's, nut butter and it made the smoothest mashed potato ever.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

• 2 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Overnight chef !!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2017

I'm 36, never cooked before... after buying Magimix cook expert...I became a chef overnight !!!
I started by just following the recipes that came with the unit and within a week I've seem to have got a handle on cooking !!!

Superb this unit is ....both myself and my wife are busy professionals and we wanted to try this and this is one of those things that you cannot go wrong with.....I'm thinking of getting a second unit to cook two dishes at the same time....!
Magimix cook expert is now one the list of things that have made daily tasks so easy and enjoyable.

Good luck.

Perth

Date Purchased: May 2016

Love, Love, Love my Magimix!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2017

After a lot of research I settled on the Magimix and couldn't wait to purchase mine as soon as it was available in Australia. I love the size of the bowl, that I can easily prepare enough to feed my family of four. It is so easy to throw in a bunch of fresh veggies with a little stock and press the pureed soup function and in a matter of 20 or so minutes you have a lovely tasty soup. Also the pumpkin risotto prepared in this is a firm favourite, so quick and easy. Very easy clean up too! I can't imagine life without it now!!

Tumbi Umbi

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

New world of discovery in cooking and food preparation.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2017

Love that you can do so many things with just one appliance. Chop, slice, blend, mix and cook, sweet or savoury, all made easy with the CE. Kitchen makeover, replacing so many other appliances. Family is loving the new menus, especially sweet treats. Never had time to prepare mains and desserts before. A new world of discovery in cooking and food preparation, love it!!

• 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Excellent for a busy young family

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2017

I was in the market for a thermomix having been to 2-3 parties, had seen a demonstration of the KitchenAid product and was ready to buy that when a friend called about a demonstration of the Magimix Cook Expert at Essential Ingredient. Within 10mins of seeing what it can do I was sold and bought it that day.
Reasons I bought the Magimix over other products: The huge size of the bowl (6-8 serves), you can saute onions and garlic in it, it has a self cleaning mode, THE WARRANTY (30 years on the motor, and 5 years on parts - how amazing is that!), that is comes with a food processor, if I bought that day an extra blade for the food processor, the steamer was made out of steal, it had an awesome splade that helped clean the bottom of the bowl and that it came from a really good company.
Everything it advertises, it does. There is excellent after care service as well. After 6 days of having the 'new family member' a small chip appeared in the enamel base. I was really scared that the company would disregard me and leave me with a new $2000 chipped product, however nothing is further from the truth. From the phone call to the head office to the personal home visit from Leanne, to me picking up a new base. I was so impressed with the after care. It was excellent. Nothing was an issue, the staff were all very kind and accommodating.
In regards to what I have made in it, I have made different types of bread, brioche, pavlova, one-dish dinners, sorbet, many a smoothies, amazing rice, massive amount chocolate brownies, soups, every Adrian Richardson recipe on YouTube, sauces, poaching, steaming vegetables, risottos, a great potato mash, poached eggs, used the food processor for grating, chip making, dicing, salads, dips.
The only thing that is slightly disappointing was the whisk making Pavlovas. I really like them to be stiff, where as the eggs do not whisk stiff enough for me. Which is fine I can still use my KitchenAid for this. Also the brioche was not amazing. However I think if I tried this a few times it would be good. Which shows you how good this product is. The first time I made all of these meals/dishes/desserts it WORKED! It is easy to use, my husband and I both use it. He loves it, because he can cook a healthy dinner and it works. ( I hope he never reads this!) No more scrambled EGG for dinner. Its so easy to make a quick sauce for pasta, or a one dish meal with rice. I mainly use it for dinners, however it is so versatile it is an overall beauty who takes pride on our kitchen bench.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

In Love

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2017

I was eager to purchase a thermomix after seeing my sisters in action until i saw the magimix. I decided on the magimix due to bowl size and food processor and have not looked back. We have allergies and i can accommodate this easily for my son and I. I spent alot of money of pre packaged food and now have the confidence and ability at attempting new receipes including breads and pastry that are gluten free.
I do miss the veroma dish that accompanies the thermomix that supports the capacity to cook rice, meat and vegies due to space.

Love the combination!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2017

I have had a different brand for several years as well as a magimix food processer sitting on my bench. I would constantly say that I wished there was one appliance that had both and last year the Cook Expert arrived!
We travel with many allergies and intolerances I have to cook everything from scratch. The best thing has been being able to take the CE with us now where I can very quickly and easily cook everything we need whether hotel, room, house or caravan.
Downside is that there is no travel bag available which for us would be more than brilliant. It may also take a little trial and error choosing which bowl if you are not used to the FP option to learn all its capabilities especially if you are used to a different thermal cooker previously. Rice is not as efficient or easy, I'm still perfecting that and I am unable to steam a roast until the external steamer is released.
Upside, I rarely have to chop veggies, steaming function I love, I love the variety of attachments you can get - the dicer/French fry is a must have. Soup function is brilliant and I can now make my main means fully in there as it doesn't wreck my meat or mush my veggies like my other brand. I also love that you can wait and buy it on special every now and then making it more affordable for many people.
Love it!

Brisbane

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Just what I was looking for!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2017

I'm so glad that I waited for the Magimix Cook Expert. It was exactly what I was looking for in terms of functionality, ease of use and quality. I was looking for an appliance that had limited plastic components that came in touch with the food. None of the other brands could provide me with information in relation to leaching of any chemicals over 100degrees Celsius. Love the glass lid, the stainless steel bowl. It's easy to clean and simple to use. Once you get the hang of it you can create anything you like. The cooking for my kids birthday party was a breeze with all the cakes, muffins and cupcakes I made from the accompanying recipe book with an occasional tweak here or there! I've tried several of the recipes and they have all turned out super yummy for some very fussy eaters in my house. All in all the MCE is a great buy for all the functionality and versatility that it provides. Love it!

Adelaide, Australia

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

5 stars is not enough

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2017

I've just purchased the magimix cook expert and to say I'm impressed is an understatement. With a chef background this took alot of research and justifying of why I would need or if I would even use such a machine. I have knife skills and cooking skills so bringing myself to part with the cash it needed to be something special. Enter magimix cook expert.
What a spectacular looking machine. Looks like nothing else on the market. Huge metal bowl, this was a definite selling point for me. I could never understand how you could cook a family meal in those other units. The base of the bowl is wide which makes it relatively easy to scrape the bowl. It is very easy to use and to adapt recipes. Love the cleaning function. 30 year warranty also.
So many functions to try out still. This has reignited my passion.
Thankyou magimix this is one super special machine

Purchased at: David Jones

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

What a Groovy machine..

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2017

Firstly I would like to thank the team at Magimix and all members of the MCE group for being such great humans.
This machine is my very first and only type of this kind, I've never even owned a food processor.
Which is what I was intending on buying until I seen the Cook Expert and so glad I waited.
I found this machine to be so so clever in a way I couldn't imagine.
It's does the lot and not only looks amazing it really is.
It took me a while and there were moments I thought I can't do it, I'm no good at it, but really you don't have to be it's the machine that does all the work and once I got past all that.. well there was no going back.
The free App that is available is so very handy for a lot of things including shopping list for ingredients.
The steamer basket is one of my favourites for multi cooking it's a very handy attachment.
Rinse function and the ease of undoing is just great.
I really can't wait for the cooler weather as I love soups and making bread bowls, oh yum!!
The Expert does it with ease nothing to hard. Fresh beautiful produce straight in and bang it's all done. With the support from the group and Magimix it really is a delight to own. A second bowl would also be a great addition.
Very Happy Customer✌

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Life made easy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2017

I love my magimix cook expert, it is fast and very easy to use. I am in love with the soup option and especially the steaming of fruit and vegetables. Sometimes it a little difficult to scrape out all your ingredients from under the blades, but not very often. The appliance is very easy to clean and I love the rinse option.

Pacific Paradise

Date Purchased: May 2016

Multifunction amazing machine.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2017

While this machine doesn't do everything it comes close. I love the fact you can chop, saute then add remaining ingredients set and forget. Cook expert has a decent size bowl. The added bonus of a food processor is invaluable. It replaces several other appliances. Exceeded my expectations, no job is beyond your capabilities, very easy to convert your own recipes. Great results for either the simple cook or the more adventurous cook. The machine itself is of a very sturdy build, with a fantastic warranty. I don't regret buying this machine it is a great addition to my kitchen.

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Great Kitchen Device

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2017

It is great having a food processor as well as the cooking bowl. So far the soups and sauces i have made have been delicious. And the food processor makes salads and dips so well. I am yet to try more complicated dishes.
I tend to use the machine for a few things at a time, given it does take a bit of time to wash and dry, even with the 'self clean' function.
The Magimix Cook Expert Ap is OK but it only has the recipes that are in the cookbook.
However, it is a great machine and I'm very happy with my purchase. I need more practice so i perfect the various functions.

Purchased at: Essential Ingredient

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Time saver professional cooker

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2017

Iv researched several cook processors and finally made the executive decision to purchase to Magimix expert and no regrets!!! As a single mum and busy everyday life and wanting nutritious meals and snacks for my family this was an investment well spent. The quality finish and sturdiness of the machine is wonderful. It looks great on the bench and I love experimenting with the product.

Purchased at: TVSN (TV Shopping Network)

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Time Saver

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2017

We've had the Magimix for approximately 6 months. I love the soup and whipping function. Not needing to constantly have to stand and stir is an investment in itself. Also acting as a base for the food processor leaves one less item on the bench. Look forward to experiment further.

I love it!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2017

We've had a Magimix in our household since I was little, but the Cook Expert is on another level altogether. It is just the best kitchen appliance (no need for anything else)! I haven't stopped inventing recipes since I got it. It makes everything healthier and tastier and easier! Just a quick wash in hot soapy water is all that's needed to get it looking clean. I love it!

Perth

Time-saving for new mum

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2017

I bought the magimix right after my first child was born. I was keen to try a thermal cooker, but what sold this to me over any of the others, was the food processor that also attaches to the base - it give endless options, rather than just a cooker. It is so easy to chop, blend and grate.

The additional attachments mean the machine really is multi-use.

My baby is about to start eating solid food, and I think the magimix is going to be invaluable for one-pot dishes...I will be able to cook or steam and puree all in the same bowl! It also means I don't have to stand at the stove right on the witching hour.

I still have a lot to learn about the machine - but what we have made so far has been impressive.

Purchased at: Kitchen Warehouse

• 1 question

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2016

'Simply The Best'

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2017

I love my Magimix Cook Expert. It's like having an extra pair of helping hands in the kitchen, I can prepare other things while the machine is stirring, mixing, cooking, steaming, kneading, and many more:) I chose the Cook Expert after researching all the thermo machines on the market and decided on Magimix Expert for it's induction cooking, 12 automatic programmes, self cleaning function, 30 yr warranty:)), everything stainless steel and glass, not plastic, see through lid, and last but not least the fabulous food processor which is so large, quick and powerful. In my humble opinion, after all my research, Magimix is the best on the market and since my purchase a few months back I have had so much fun using it and it has definitely made my life, my cooking life, so much easier and enjoyable. Thank-you Magimix for a wonderful appliance:

Purchased at: TVSN (TV Shopping Network)

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

The best kitchen appliance that I have ever bought. Cathy 15/1/17

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2017

I have always enjoyed cooking for my family and friends and only wish that the CE was available when we were raising our 3 very active and always very hungry sons. It makes cooking quick, healthy meals easy and fun. Now, there is always pizza dough in the freezer which we use to create interesting, and healthy pizzas. Soups can be on the table within ½ hour of arriving home after a busy day. Other dishes, such as Bolognaise, stir themselves leaving me with free hands to prepare other parts of the meal. After researching a number of cooking machines, I chose the CE as it also had the magimix food processor – a great time saver. If I could, I would have a CE in the kitchens of all young families. It would change their lives!

Adelaide

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

I found The One.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2017

I have a Magimix Expert and would highly recommend it.

A bit about me: I love good quality home made food but as a working mum, time to prepare interesting dinners is limited. I also don't like lots of kitchen gadgets and appliances, so it has taken me 2 years of research to find The One. I have been to Thermomix demos and they didn't appeal to me - limited functionality and bowl too small. Besides, I needed something heavy duty enough to make dough and pastry, with the finesse of whipping cream and egg whites. I also needed a family sized food processor. Big ask right! Magimix ticked all the boxes. It's also very compact and quiet. And yes, with the rinse function, it does a good job of cleaning itself.

Result: I can make a Thai Green curry from scratch in about 30 mins. Made brilliant desserts using the Magimix (literally fool proof) recepes. I've always struggled making desserts as they require a lot of exact temperatures / time / qtts so the Magimix helps so much with that. And best of all, because I only use one unit, there's minimal mess (eg profiteroles: pastry, custard and choc glaze all in the Magimix).

At $2,000 it's quite an investment, but the alternative is buying a high end food processor, stand mixer and some form of induction cooker. Collectively, they would cost more & clutter my kitchen with bits and pieces. I just love it, and at $2K my husband was curious enough to learn how to use it.

2 of 7 pages

Does anyone have reviews of the dicing kit that you can buy to use with the cook expert? Is it easy to use?

GJEG asked on Nov 11, 2018

Answer this

I have dicing kit, and yes, is easy to use. Importantly, easy to clean too. Have found that best with crisp things, not so much with softer or spongy things like some pumpkin. I have a Kenwood one too, and as much as I love the Kenwood, the Magimix one is easier to clean, although the Kenwood will do endless quantities. If you do not have a Magimix Cook Expert, strongly advise to get one. It seems way superior to other thermo-cook offerings (yes, I used to have a Thermomix, it was good but sold it years ago as at end of day seems best for its target market of women who have no idea - and for that it does well). For serious functionality and quality, Cook Expert is way above the other contenders.

How good can this make: -mill flour -make icing sugar out of raw sugar -ice cream? How good can it saute onion/brown meat? Are the recipes as easy to follow as Thermomix's?And do the recipes turn out OK?

C Code asked on Sep 22, 2018

Answer this

Icing sugar is a Thermomix sales gimmick. Any blender has been able to do this for years (well I have since the 80's, in a Kenwood). To mill flour, best done with a flour mill attachment, although Thermomix does a good job with small quantities (and while wearing ear-muffs). Ice cream, properly made, needs to have a custard made (Thermomix can do this, although inevitably a bit of a scrub needed - things stick to its small conventionally heated base) and is best churned in an ice-cream churn (that Magimix doesn't offer nor Thermomix is ever going to be suitable for). Magimix can saute and brown, which Thermomix is unsuited to with its small base and low maximum temperature, let alone always rotating blades. For serious and best results, who needs a kitchen machine when a pot or pan on a hotplate works entirely well? The question about recipes is revealing as Thermomix is marketed to people who haven't got a clue about cooking. Thermomix will do more than the built-in recipes, and can actually be a useful kitchen-hand, but the company seems to target the clueless and ignore its actual usefulness. Magimix also caters to people without a clue, but excels with cooks who do have a clue and use it to assist in favourite recipes. But yes, recipes promoted my Magimix are entirely good.

I want to be sure that it is for me. Do you have a machine on loan or rental? I am more than happy to pay deposit and/or rental fee

L Lee asked on Sep 06, 2018

Hi L,
Sorry I don’t have it on rental. It’s for my personal use. But it’s worth asking around or doing a bit of research on it if you are unsure cause it a huge investment. But I am loving it even my kids use it as it’s child friendly too. All the best.

Regards
Angel

It would be sensible to contact a rental company for this kind of request. Have you forgotten the cost of transporting it and the fact those who own one, use it?

Hi L,

Most people who post here have it for personal use, therefore unless you are willing to pay a $2000 deposit (so they can buy another should they not receive theirs back) I am sure you won't find the answer you're looking for. Being we are not companies, we do not have the liability insurance to cover the cost of the appliance should we not receive it back in the same condition it was 'rented out'. Surely you understand this.

KK