Date Purchased: Jun 2016

The best kitchen appliance that I have ever bought. Cathy 15/1/17

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2017

I have always enjoyed cooking for my family and friends and only wish that the CE was available when we were raising our 3 very active and always very hungry sons. It makes cooking quick, healthy meals easy and fun. Now, there is always pizza dough in the freezer which we use to create interesting, and healthy pizzas. Soups can be on the table within ½ hour of arriving home after a busy day. Other dishes, such as Bolognaise, stir themselves leaving me with free hands to prepare other parts of the meal. After researching a number of cooking machines, I chose the CE as it also had the magimix food processor – a great time saver. If I could, I would have a CE in the kitchens of all young families. It would change their lives!

Adelaide

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

I found The One.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2017

I have a Magimix Expert and would highly recommend it.

A bit about me: I love good quality home made food but as a working mum, time to prepare interesting dinners is limited. I also don't like lots of kitchen gadgets and appliances, so it has taken me 2 years of research to find The One. I have been to Thermomix demos and they didn't appeal to me - limited functionality and bowl too small. Besides, I needed something heavy duty enough to make dough and pastry, with the finesse of whipping cream and egg whites. I also needed a family sized food processor. Big ask right! Magimix ticked all the boxes. It's also very compact and quiet. And yes, with the rinse function, it does a good job of cleaning itself.

Result: I can make a Thai Green curry from scratch in about 30 mins. Made brilliant desserts using the Magimix (literally fool proof) recepes. I've always struggled making desserts as they require a lot of exact temperatures / time / qtts so the Magimix helps so much with that. And best of all, because I only use one unit, there's minimal mess (eg profiteroles: pastry, custard and choc glaze all in the Magimix).

At $2,000 it's quite an investment, but the alternative is buying a high end food processor, stand mixer and some form of induction cooker. Collectively, they would cost more & clutter my kitchen with bits and pieces. I just love it, and at $2K my husband was curious enough to learn how to use it.

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

makes cooking easier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2017

It was so easy to make passionfruit curd, and so easy to clean. Liked size of bowl. Looked at thermomix for ages but could not bring myself to purchase, felt bowl was too small and too noisy. I have a magimix food processor since 1981 and it is still working, and my son bought me the 5200XL in 2011. Felt could not go wrong with this. Am really happy as it is not as noisy as thermomix. My husband is also using it. Great for steaming chicken pieces which he loves.

Newcastle

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Magimix cook expert - convenient quick meals

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2017

What sold me on the cook expert was the ability to add the food processing attachments. I wanted to be able to still grate and slice foods. I was not interested in buying aThermal cooker without these functions.
I have, however, really been enjoying the ease and convenience of making delicious creamed soups and sauces in my cook expert. After a busy day at work it is great being able to set it and forget it until it is cooked and ready to serve. Custards and crenelated patisserie is also a breeze to make.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Cook Expert makes life in the kitchen Easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2017

Great size bowl and excellent for temperature control for making sauces, ricotta cheese, yoghurt etc. I am not a great cook and this Magimix product makes it easier for me to get the recipe right. Great for making soups as it has its own special setting to pretty well make the soup for you.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Life Changing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2017

The cook expert has changed our lives not only in cooking ability but our total life style. We have lost weight, eat healthier, and magimix allows us to cook with real food. The app is fabulous when shopping for recipes, i ask my wife what she feels like for dinner before we go home pickup the ingredients and cook it within 30mins. The versatility of the machine simply out performs its competitors, cleaning is quick and easy i use the self cleaning program no dish washing required, we have learnt so much from the fabulous support team and other users in the many facebook, and youtube pages available online. Demonstrations are great to attend you not only learn from them you get to taste test the results. The Magimix Cook Expert can easily adapt any recipe including those from grandma and grandpa that are centuries old. Buy it we know you'll love it like we do. Bonn Appetite!!

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Game changer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2017

We debated whether a thermal cooker was really necessary and I wish we hadn't waited so long! It was a little daunting to use at first (it stayed in the box for 2 weeks), when we finally set it up and cooked with it, wow. The menu function was easy to use, the food tasted delicious and was cooked without any need for additional stirring or need for worrying that it might burn if forgotten. We are first time parents and this appliance really simplifies the cooking process, particularly for the tricky evening meals. The food processor component is also easy to use & exceptional quality that you'd expect from a Magimix food processor. Both bowls are a bit fiddly to clean but certainly not something that would deter me from buying this product again.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: May 2016

How did I ever cope without this wonderful tool?!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2017

I purchased my Magimix Cook Expert a few months ago after carefully comparing it to other machines. The first time I used it I was in awe of the user friendly menus, the speed at which it worked & the quality of food it produced. I use it every day!

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Very capable and excellent quality machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2017

We find the cook expert great and easy to use. We bought it because of the quality, lots of functions and looks good on the bench top!
This machine excels at curries, any type of baking, all in one meals, sorbet ice cream and heaps of other things. We also find it does the basics really well, stuff like pastry, breads, pasta, steaming and so on, things we use everyday. We have even started to use other recipes and just incorporate it into the cook expert.
We love the quality of the machine, its one of the main reasons we chose this over the thermomix.
One thing I will mention is recipes, there isn't as many as the thermomix but as this product continues to sell in Australia more will be released.
We also love how we can leave it out on the bench top and it looks the part instead of looking like a ugly kitchen appliance that feels like it should be put away.
We thoroughly recommend the cook expert!

Purchased at: Kitchen Warehouse

Gold Coast

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Get it, you won't regret it!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2016

I put off buying a top of the line thermal cooker for a year and a half. In that time, I satisfied my urge with what I termed fakomixes. I spent $300 on the Bellini Intelli machine and purchased an extra jug. I loved it until its motor gave up just beyond the 1 year warranty. I then spent $695 on the Bellini Supercook which gave up after 3 months and I got my money back. I did spend a long time researching alternatives. I really didn't want to spend what really does feel like a lot of money on a cooking machine! I wouldn't consider myself a cook (and especially not a baker) and I use the machine at least twice a week and over Christmas I have been using it twice a day. I have a family with small kids and we eat out a couple of times a week at most. I had never heard of Magimix and didn't even know that there was an alternative to Thermomix. Which, given its recent attitude to customer service in Australia, I wasn't willing to buy into. What really made the decision easy for me was the 30 year motor warranty and the Food processor. Having the Food processor so accessible and so fast has changed the way we eat for sure! Oh, and if you think the Induction is not an important feature, think again! Heats up so quickly and evenly. The motor is incredibly powerful and frozen desserts and ice are not a problem. I have had the machine since August 2016 and I am really very happy with it. I haven't had any small problems (which I had already had with the fakiomixes). My only niggle is with the recipes. I would really love a website or a booklet of user tested and written recipes, especially Australian ones (like some other brands have). Being a french brand, the recipes on the app and in the book definitely have a french accent (no pun intended). I am still learning to convert the recipes, particularly standard non-thermo recipes. The saving grace here is the Facebook community. Just a whole bunch of people passionate about cooking and helping each other! I have been on other cooking forums and this one is professional, on task and helpful. All in all, well done Magimix. A well designed and wonderfully made machine with great customer service....truly a beautiful thing!!

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Perfect for very busy mums!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2016

My CE makes my daily life easier and healthier, since I have we have reduced the take aways and the dinners outside. If I am very tired I just put some fresh veggies on it and in half an hour we have a very delicious creamy soup; if I am inspired and can do lots of things that I would not normally try, like Making my own Nutella! Best thing is I don't have the clean the kitchen so often & my family eats varied and healthy food.

Tasmania

• 5 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Love it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2016

I think my cook expert is great. I love that it has the processor with it. I'd prefer a turn dial like I had with the Thermomix rather than pushing buttons, but having had both I much prefer the Cook Expert. It's very easy to clean and looks great on my kitchen bench. Great idea that it comes in different colours.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: May 2016

I love my new kitchen addition

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2016

I had no idea that I would use my Magimix Cook Expert so often, I use the steamer most nights, I even steam eggs, I love that I can make a fresh soup just put in all the ingredients in the bowl go and have a shower and its done. The food processer is excellent, I'm even taking it away with me on holidays this Christmas !

Sydney

Date Purchased: May 2016

LOVE IT

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2016

I purchasd my Magimic Cook Expert in May. Wow, my cooking has changed! I am now successfully making things I would never have thought to make before. Pavlova, coconut macaroons, cupcakes, chicken green curry - from scratch I might add! - to name a few things. I also make my own chickpeas and other legumes so avoiding canned products. I cook so much more from scratch with half the effort but double the result. I have taken my Magimix on a weekend away in winter as the creamed soup function makes the best pumpkin soup. I steam my hard boiled eggs while getting ready for work to perfection. No more watching the pot boil! this is a must have in the kitchen!!!

Sydney

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Love my Magimix CE!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2016

I have purchased my Magimix over a month ago and it has already made my life so much easier! The very first dish that I made in my Magimix was Lamb Curry with Cashew Nuts and Dates – it turned out excellent! I am not a very technical person but it is so easy to use the machine that I didn’t have any issues at all. I’ve been looking at Thermomix for a long time and also attended their presentation and a cooking class but still there were a few things that I wasn’t sure about. It was love at first sight with my Magimix CE. I love that it comes with food processor attachment, long warranty on the motor, ease of use and I absolutely love the clear top. And the Facebook community is fantastic with great recipes and cooking tips. I highly recommend this investment!

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Excellent Machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2016

i purchased my Magimix cook expect after a lot of research, this machine saves me time especially i am time poor with the hours i work.
I know I can come home and whip up a meal in no time for the family, and is so easy to clean with the wash cycle.
The app is also awesome especially when I am at the supermarket.
I would recommend this machine to my family and friends

Purchased at: TVSN (TV Shopping Network)

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Excellent Product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2016

Purchased my Magimix after comparing with other competitive products on the market, then went to a demonstration and saw how easy it is to use, have just started cooking with it, and I love it already looking forward to more experimenting with it. Excellent product, and we'll worth the investment!!!

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Makes me look good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2016

I purchased my CE after a lot of research and a demo. I am a hopeless inpatient cook. I now can present meals like a chief. I recommend the investment. Have a happy family now. The extra support, the app & facebook group make it fun and also I feel part of a community

Purchased at: Essential Ingredient

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2016

I have only had my Magimix CE for a few weeks, but even at this early stage I can already say I totally love it! I had been looking into buying a different brand for the past 6 years, but the options on the market just didn’t tick all the boxes. I wanted a machine that could also slice and grate like my Magimix Food processor. When I read about the Magimix CE I booked to attend a demo and within a week bought Magimix CE. It was an easy choice, I love the brand and the CE ticks all the boxes.
I prefer making meals from scratch so that I can cut out the nasties and the CE makes it so much easier to do so. It's generally easy to clean, as long as you don't overdo it on the browning! I’m also pleased to see that new recipes are continuously being added to the app. I do hope that the Recipes option on the CE will include recipes in the not to distant future!

Purchased at: Kitchen Warehouse

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Love this Magimix!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2016

There was a time when I started to believe that cooking was a chore...no more! The number and variety of cooking options opened to me by my Cook Expert seem infinite. It's ease of use, it's flexibility and wide range of options and capabilities have made life in the kitchen what it should be in the 21st century. Next to me, my husband's great love is curried just about anything - unfortunately, usually followed by a massive washing up. Not with my Magimix CE! Not only am I producing the best ever curries but it is done with a tool that virtually cleans itself! Hurray for technology...and my thanks to all the support on the Magimix Facebook groups.

3 of 7 pages

Hi, could you please confirm what plastic is used in the lid vent hole and the cap? Can this be removed at all? I rang your hotline and they could only suggest it was either Tritan, ABS or Lexon plastic. Albeit these are BPA free, there is a big difference between these three. Will Magimix look into releasing a lid that has zero internal plastic that could come into contact with food or heat (whether direct or indirectly)? It is such a shame that you go to all the trouble to make a glass lid and stainless steel steam baskets to have plastic on the inside. Could you also confirm what grade silicon is used in the lid and universal blade seals and what type of polymers is used in the silicon as well? Thanks.

Munchie M asked on Jan 21, 2019

Answer this

Hello Munchie M, I think you have directed your questions to the wrong place - I am simply a customer who posted a review. That said, everything about this machine is quality, so would be very surprised if anything known to be dodgy was used. While I highly recommend this machine, reading between the lines … I am just pleased I am not them!

Does anyone have reviews of the dicing kit that you can buy to use with the cook expert? Is it easy to use?

GJEG asked on Nov 11, 2018

Answer this

I have dicing kit, and yes, is easy to use. Importantly, easy to clean too. Have found that best with crisp things, not so much with softer or spongy things like some pumpkin. I have a Kenwood one too, and as much as I love the Kenwood, the Magimix one is easier to clean, although the Kenwood will do endless quantities. If you do not have a Magimix Cook Expert, strongly advise to get one. It seems way superior to other thermo-cook offerings (yes, I used to have a Thermomix, it was good but sold it years ago as at end of day seems best for its target market of women who have no idea - and for that it does well). For serious functionality and quality, Cook Expert is way above the other contenders.

How good can this make: -mill flour -make icing sugar out of raw sugar -ice cream? How good can it saute onion/brown meat? Are the recipes as easy to follow as Thermomix's?And do the recipes turn out OK?

C Code asked on Sep 22, 2018

Answer this

Icing sugar is a Thermomix sales gimmick. Any blender has been able to do this for years (well I have since the 80's, in a Kenwood). To mill flour, best done with a flour mill attachment, although Thermomix does a good job with small quantities (and while wearing ear-muffs). Ice cream, properly made, needs to have a custard made (Thermomix can do this, although inevitably a bit of a scrub needed - things stick to its small conventionally heated base) and is best churned in an ice-cream churn (that Magimix doesn't offer nor Thermomix is ever going to be suitable for). Magimix can saute and brown, which Thermomix is unsuited to with its small base and low maximum temperature, let alone always rotating blades. For serious and best results, who needs a kitchen machine when a pot or pan on a hotplate works entirely well? The question about recipes is revealing as Thermomix is marketed to people who haven't got a clue about cooking. Thermomix will do more than the built-in recipes, and can actually be a useful kitchen-hand, but the company seems to target the clueless and ignore its actual usefulness. Magimix also caters to people without a clue, but excels with cooks who do have a clue and use it to assist in favourite recipes. But yes, recipes promoted my Magimix are entirely good.

See all 27 questions about Magimix Cook Expert 7CO18900A