Verified Purchase Date Purchased: May 2016

How did I ever cope without this wonderful tool?!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2017

I purchased my Magimix Cook Expert a few months ago after carefully comparing it to other machines. The first time I used it I was in awe of the user friendly menus, the speed at which it worked & the quality of food it produced. I use it every day!

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Very capable and excellent quality machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2017

We find the cook expert great and easy to use. We bought it because of the quality, lots of functions and looks good on the bench top!
This machine excels at curries, any type of baking, all in one meals, sorbet ice cream and heaps of other things. We also find it does the basics really well, stuff like pastry, breads, pasta, steaming and so on, things we use everyday. We have even started to use other recipes and just incorporate it into the cook expert.
We love the quality of the machine, its one of the main reasons we chose this over the thermomix.
One thing I will mention is recipes, there isn't as many as the thermomix but as this product continues to sell in Australia more will be released.
We also love how we can leave it out on the bench top and it looks the part instead of looking like a ugly kitchen appliance that feels like it should be put away.
We thoroughly recommend the cook expert!

Purchased at: Kitchen Warehouse

Gold Coast

• 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Get it, you won't regret it!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2016

I put off buying a top of the line thermal cooker for a year and a half. In that time, I satisfied my urge with what I termed fakomixes. I spent $300 on the Bellini Intelli machine and purchased an extra jug. I loved it until its motor gave up just beyond the 1 year warranty. I then spent $695 on the Bellini Supercook which gave up after 3 months and I got my money back. I did spend a long time researching alternatives. I really didn't want to spend what really does feel like a lot of money on a cooking machine! I wouldn't consider myself a cook (and especially not a baker) and I use the machine at least twice a week and over Christmas I have been using it twice a day. I have a family with small kids and we eat out a couple of times a week at most. I had never heard of Magimix and didn't even know that there was an alternative to Thermomix. Which, given its recent attitude to customer service in Australia, I wasn't willing to buy into. What really made the decision easy for me was the 30 year motor warranty and the Food processor. Having the Food processor so accessible and so fast has changed the way we eat for sure! Oh, and if you think the Induction is not an important feature, think again! Heats up so quickly and evenly. The motor is incredibly powerful and frozen desserts and ice are not a problem. I have had the machine since August 2016 and I am really very happy with it. I haven't had any small problems (which I had already had with the fakiomixes). My only niggle is with the recipes. I would really love a website or a booklet of user tested and written recipes, especially Australian ones (like some other brands have). Being a french brand, the recipes on the app and in the book definitely have a french accent (no pun intended). I am still learning to convert the recipes, particularly standard non-thermo recipes. The saving grace here is the Facebook community. Just a whole bunch of people passionate about cooking and helping each other! I have been on other cooking forums and this one is professional, on task and helpful. All in all, well done Magimix. A well designed and wonderfully made machine with great customer service....truly a beautiful thing!!

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Perfect for very busy mums!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2016

My CE makes my daily life easier and healthier, since I have we have reduced the take aways and the dinners outside. If I am very tired I just put some fresh veggies on it and in half an hour we have a very delicious creamy soup; if I am inspired and can do lots of things that I would not normally try, like Making my own Nutella! Best thing is I don't have the clean the kitchen so often & my family eats varied and healthy food.

Tasmania

• 5 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Love it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2016

I think my cook expert is great. I love that it has the processor with it. I'd prefer a turn dial like I had with the Thermomix rather than pushing buttons, but having had both I much prefer the Cook Expert. It's very easy to clean and looks great on my kitchen bench. Great idea that it comes in different colours.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: May 2016

I love my new kitchen addition

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2016

I had no idea that I would use my Magimix Cook Expert so often, I use the steamer most nights, I even steam eggs, I love that I can make a fresh soup just put in all the ingredients in the bowl go and have a shower and its done. The food processer is excellent, I'm even taking it away with me on holidays this Christmas !

Date Purchased: May 2016

LOVE IT

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2016

I purchasd my Magimic Cook Expert in May. Wow, my cooking has changed! I am now successfully making things I would never have thought to make before. Pavlova, coconut macaroons, cupcakes, chicken green curry - from scratch I might add! - to name a few things. I also make my own chickpeas and other legumes so avoiding canned products. I cook so much more from scratch with half the effort but double the result. I have taken my Magimix on a weekend away in winter as the creamed soup function makes the best pumpkin soup. I steam my hard boiled eggs while getting ready for work to perfection. No more watching the pot boil! this is a must have in the kitchen!!!

Sydney

• 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Love my Magimix CE!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2016

I have purchased my Magimix over a month ago and it has already made my life so much easier! The very first dish that I made in my Magimix was Lamb Curry with Cashew Nuts and Dates – it turned out excellent! I am not a very technical person but it is so easy to use the machine that I didn’t have any issues at all. I’ve been looking at Thermomix for a long time and also attended their presentation and a cooking class but still there were a few things that I wasn’t sure about. It was love at first sight with my Magimix CE. I love that it comes with food processor attachment, long warranty on the motor, ease of use and I absolutely love the clear top. And the Facebook community is fantastic with great recipes and cooking tips. I highly recommend this investment!

Excellent Machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2016

i purchased my Magimix cook expect after a lot of research, this machine saves me time especially i am time poor with the hours i work.
I know I can come home and whip up a meal in no time for the family, and is so easy to clean with the wash cycle.
The app is also awesome especially when I am at the supermarket.
I would recommend this machine to my family and friends

Purchased at: TVSN (TV Shopping Network)

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Excellent Product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2016

Purchased my Magimix after comparing with other competitive products on the market, then went to a demonstration and saw how easy it is to use, have just started cooking with it, and I love it already looking forward to more experimenting with it. Excellent product, and we'll worth the investment!!!

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Makes me look good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2016

I purchased my CE after a lot of research and a demo. I am a hopeless inpatient cook. I now can present meals like a chief. I recommend the investment. Have a happy family now. The extra support, the app & facebook group make it fun and also I feel part of a community

Purchased at: Essential Ingredient

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2016

I have only had my Magimix CE for a few weeks, but even at this early stage I can already say I totally love it! I had been looking into buying a different brand for the past 6 years, but the options on the market just didn’t tick all the boxes. I wanted a machine that could also slice and grate like my Magimix Food processor. When I read about the Magimix CE I booked to attend a demo and within a week bought Magimix CE. It was an easy choice, I love the brand and the CE ticks all the boxes.
I prefer making meals from scratch so that I can cut out the nasties and the CE makes it so much easier to do so. It's generally easy to clean, as long as you don't overdo it on the browning! I’m also pleased to see that new recipes are continuously being added to the app. I do hope that the Recipes option on the CE will include recipes in the not to distant future!

Purchased at: Kitchen Warehouse

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Love this Magimix!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2016

There was a time when I started to believe that cooking was a chore...no more! The number and variety of cooking options opened to me by my Cook Expert seem infinite. It's ease of use, it's flexibility and wide range of options and capabilities have made life in the kitchen what it should be in the 21st century. Next to me, my husband's great love is curried just about anything - unfortunately, usually followed by a massive washing up. Not with my Magimix CE! Not only am I producing the best ever curries but it is done with a tool that virtually cleans itself! Hurray for technology...and my thanks to all the support on the Magimix Facebook groups.

Love my Magimix CE

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2016

The appliance incorporates 2 very important machines in the kitchen. Both with food processing and cooking for the busy house I live in. Very quiet and reliable to use, just pop in a few ingredients and "voila". The only thing I would say it falls short in would be that food sometimes gets caught under the blades of the CE but really with a little extra elbow grease and the bare spatular head that comes out easily. The appliance is so easy to maintain with the rinse option. I have experiemented with several recipes and they have worked beautifully.

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Cook Expert in real sense of the word !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2016

Magimix is the ultimate machine which has made our busy lives so much easier and way less messier with excellent rinsing function ! We have been using it almost daily and still feel there ' s so much yet to be explored in fact I would say we are now motivated to experiment new dishes from the inspiring recipe book that comes with it !!! The most convenient feature we found is kneading which we need to do almost every second day in our Indian cooking ,well that's not it .. it makes the perfect cake batter !
It really is a ' Magic Machine ! ' Loving it !!

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Unbelievable machine, makes life so much easier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2016

I love my magi mix cook expert. It has made juggling work and family life just so much easier. I no longer have to spend hours in the kitchen preparing meals. I can just throw all the ingredients in and let it do its thing while I spend valuable time with my little girl as well as prepare meals ahead for the days that I work. It's absolute incredible multi function capabilities as not just a cooking machine but food processing as well, makes it that much more indispensable. I couldn't live with out it.

• 1 answer

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Very satisfied with my machine.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2016

I had seen one Thermomix demonstration and I bought the Magimix Cook Expert at the next demonstration on the spot and have not regretted it. I find I am learning all the time, I've made soups, bread, curries, risottos, salmon in paper, piperade, mayo. custard, and french meringues with all the egg whites, I have also steamed vegetables, made pastry and prepared salads and ground beef. The one thing I feel it falls short on is the seal on the lid, it smells a bit and I am loathe to put it in the dishwasher too often. I find everything else washes very easily especially if you use the rinse programme first. Would I recommend it, YES, YES, YES.

Purchased at: Peter's of Kensington

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Great kitchen appliance investment

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2016

The fact that the cook expert has a full food processor as well as a thermo cooker is what sold me on buying this appliance. Every part of the machine is so easy to use and the menu is very intuitive. It does everything you could possibly want from a food processor with ease. I've also enjoyed cooking whole meals in the cooking bowl, the capacity is excellent and it is very precise different speeds and 1 degree temperature increments. My use of this part of the appliance has been pretty basic so far, but it is so versatile. All parts clean so easily, the cooking bowl has a rinse function and come apart easily for full washing. I hand wash all the parts rather than put through the dishwasher and it still looks brand new, and I expect that it will for a long time to come. It seems very well built and durable.

Sydney

• 1 question

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

This machine is really great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2016

I finally took the plunge and purchased the CE after months of research and hesitation. The two key factors which swayed me to this machine versus its competitors were the large bowl size and the absence of plastic.
Since buying it I use it all the time and have no regrets. It is not magic and thought has to go into meal preparation but it makes everything a lot more efficient. Things like soups and baby food are really quick, stews/risottos are great, and I'm making things I would not have ever attempted in the past. I like the fact that in a way it takes the judgement out of cooking as you can just follow the recipes in the cookbook (which I have found are all great) and walk away between steps.
I'm learning to do more and more with the main bowl and the food processor, which is also fantastic to have, and am now making a lot of things like tomato sauce and pasta sauce from scratch.
The only negatives I can think of are: the lid tends to drip when you take it off (not a biggy), and the time it takes to scroll through to get to the higher temperatures (it still only takes a few seconds).
I really think this machine is what you make of it. I love it and am recommending it to my friends.

It's a winner!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2016

I researched all-in-one machines for a few months and chose the Magimix Cook Expert (after attending two demos) for it's quality, warranty, customer service and most of all the minimal use of plastic parts. We've only had it for just over a month and have made lovely risottos and the red lentil dahl from the recipe book at least twice a week. Also love the food processor's mini bowl for whipping up a home made hummus dip. We're looking forward to expanding our recipe repertoire over the next few months and have just joined the Magimix Cook Expert Tips Tricks & Recipes Australia Facebook group.

3 of 7 pages

Price and where to buy?

Bob asked on Nov 29, 2017

Answer this

Hi Bob, recommended retail price is $2099. Please visit our website magimix.com.au to find your nearest store. All the best.

Hi Bob, look on TVSN television show. They have the Magimix,Tefal Cusine Companion and others with part payments while you take it home and sometimes a gift as bonus. I love this show, highly recommend it. Bought many products from it.

I have a smaller family and am often making meals for just one or two people? Whats the minimum that can be cooked? Could I make just 1-2 cups custard for example? Or just one smoothie?

Suse asked on Jul 17, 2017

Answer this

The average serving of custard for 1, is one cup per serve. A child under 4 years of age will be satisfied, over 4 they are asking for seconds. Please take a look at the recipes in the grand recipe book and you will notice the recipes are usually catering for up to 6 people; my advice is to cut the recipes in half. Smoothies are the same, children will drink two sweet smoothies compared to one vegetable one; so add green leafy vegetables to the fruit ones. They keep in the fridge for the whole day, therefore they are not discarded, and your child has the benefit of a healthy drink in the morning and afternoon. I have whisked one egg white and was surprised at the volume of meringue it made.
Any of the main meal recipes can be halved to suffice the smaller family. Enjoy your learning, as time moves on your meals will grow.

I have a small family too and can definitely do smaller quantities. I personally prefer to make a large quantity and freeze batches (soups etc) but it could do a 500 ml quantity of smoothie or custard.

I'm with Terri...I like to do large batches and freeze. The machine will do small quantities as Maggie says. It's a kitchen assistant ...you can use it anyway you want.

Hi. What's the coating like inside the bowl? Does anyone find their food getting stuck to the bowl? Also, can you clean it in the dishwasher? Thanks

Natalia asked on Mar 26, 2017

Answer this

The coating on the bowl is like a satin finish, not gloss or matte. Easy as anything to clean. I have cooked custard, gravy, lemon butter, risotto, all of which used to stick on my old thermochef but this is a dream. Nothing burns or sticks. Apparently this is because it is induction. Also brilliant to make your gravy a bit ahead of time and leave it in there till you need it because it's insulated.

See all 11 questions about Magimix Cook Expert 7CO18900A