Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Cook Expert makes life in the kitchen Easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2017

Great size bowl and excellent for temperature control for making sauces, ricotta cheese, yoghurt etc. I am not a great cook and this Magimix product makes it easier for me to get the recipe right. Great for making soups as it has its own special setting to pretty well make the soup for you.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Life Changing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2017

The cook expert has changed our lives not only in cooking ability but our total life style. We have lost weight, eat healthier, and magimix allows us to cook with real food. The app is fabulous when shopping for recipes, i ask my wife what she feels like for dinner before we go home pickup the ingredients and cook it within 30mins. The versatility of the machine simply out performs its competitors, cleaning is quick and easy i use the self cleaning program no dish washing required, we have learnt so much from the fabulous support team and other users in the many facebook, and youtube pages available online. Demonstrations are great to attend you not only learn from them you get to taste test the results. The Magimix Cook Expert can easily adapt any recipe including those from grandma and grandpa that are centuries old. Buy it we know you'll love it like we do. Bonn Appetite!!

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Game changer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2017

We debated whether a thermal cooker was really necessary and I wish we hadn't waited so long! It was a little daunting to use at first (it stayed in the box for 2 weeks), when we finally set it up and cooked with it, wow. The menu function was easy to use, the food tasted delicious and was cooked without any need for additional stirring or need for worrying that it might burn if forgotten. We are first time parents and this appliance really simplifies the cooking process, particularly for the tricky evening meals. The food processor component is also easy to use & exceptional quality that you'd expect from a Magimix food processor. Both bowls are a bit fiddly to clean but certainly not something that would deter me from buying this product again.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: May 2016

How did I ever cope without this wonderful tool?!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2017

I purchased my Magimix Cook Expert a few months ago after carefully comparing it to other machines. The first time I used it I was in awe of the user friendly menus, the speed at which it worked & the quality of food it produced. I use it every day!

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Very capable and excellent quality machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2017

We find the cook expert great and easy to use. We bought it because of the quality, lots of functions and looks good on the bench top!
This machine excels at curries, any type of baking, all in one meals, sorbet ice cream and heaps of other things. We also find it does the basics really well, stuff like pastry, breads, pasta, steaming and so on, things we use everyday. We have even started to use other recipes and just incorporate it into the cook expert.
We love the quality of the machine, its one of the main reasons we chose this over the thermomix.
One thing I will mention is recipes, there isn't as many as the thermomix but as this product continues to sell in Australia more will be released.
We also love how we can leave it out on the bench top and it looks the part instead of looking like a ugly kitchen appliance that feels like it should be put away.
We thoroughly recommend the cook expert!

Purchased at: Kitchen Warehouse

Gold Coast

• 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Get it, you won't regret it!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2016

I put off buying a top of the line thermal cooker for a year and a half. In that time, I satisfied my urge with what I termed fakomixes. I spent $300 on the Bellini Intelli machine and purchased an extra jug. I loved it until its motor gave up just beyond the 1 year warranty. I then spent $695 on the Bellini Supercook which gave up after 3 months and I got my money back. I did spend a long time researching alternatives. I really didn't want to spend what really does feel like a lot of money on a cooking machine! I wouldn't consider myself a cook (and especially not a baker) and I use the machine at least twice a week and over Christmas I have been using it twice a day. I have a family with small kids and we eat out a couple of times a week at most. I had never heard of Magimix and didn't even know that there was an alternative to Thermomix. Which, given its recent attitude to customer service in Australia, I wasn't willing to buy into. What really made the decision easy for me was the 30 year motor warranty and the Food processor. Having the Food processor so accessible and so fast has changed the way we eat for sure! Oh, and if you think the Induction is not an important feature, think again! Heats up so quickly and evenly. The motor is incredibly powerful and frozen desserts and ice are not a problem. I have had the machine since August 2016 and I am really very happy with it. I haven't had any small problems (which I had already had with the fakiomixes). My only niggle is with the recipes. I would really love a website or a booklet of user tested and written recipes, especially Australian ones (like some other brands have). Being a french brand, the recipes on the app and in the book definitely have a french accent (no pun intended). I am still learning to convert the recipes, particularly standard non-thermo recipes. The saving grace here is the Facebook community. Just a whole bunch of people passionate about cooking and helping each other! I have been on other cooking forums and this one is professional, on task and helpful. All in all, well done Magimix. A well designed and wonderfully made machine with great customer service....truly a beautiful thing!!

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Perfect for very busy mums!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2016

My CE makes my daily life easier and healthier, since I have we have reduced the take aways and the dinners outside. If I am very tired I just put some fresh veggies on it and in half an hour we have a very delicious creamy soup; if I am inspired and can do lots of things that I would not normally try, like Making my own Nutella! Best thing is I don't have the clean the kitchen so often & my family eats varied and healthy food.

Tasmania

• 5 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Love it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2016

I think my cook expert is great. I love that it has the processor with it. I'd prefer a turn dial like I had with the Thermomix rather than pushing buttons, but having had both I much prefer the Cook Expert. It's very easy to clean and looks great on my kitchen bench. Great idea that it comes in different colours.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: May 2016

I love my new kitchen addition

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2016

I had no idea that I would use my Magimix Cook Expert so often, I use the steamer most nights, I even steam eggs, I love that I can make a fresh soup just put in all the ingredients in the bowl go and have a shower and its done. The food processer is excellent, I'm even taking it away with me on holidays this Christmas !

Date Purchased: May 2016

LOVE IT

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2016

I purchasd my Magimic Cook Expert in May. Wow, my cooking has changed! I am now successfully making things I would never have thought to make before. Pavlova, coconut macaroons, cupcakes, chicken green curry - from scratch I might add! - to name a few things. I also make my own chickpeas and other legumes so avoiding canned products. I cook so much more from scratch with half the effort but double the result. I have taken my Magimix on a weekend away in winter as the creamed soup function makes the best pumpkin soup. I steam my hard boiled eggs while getting ready for work to perfection. No more watching the pot boil! this is a must have in the kitchen!!!

Sydney

• 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Love my Magimix CE!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2016

I have purchased my Magimix over a month ago and it has already made my life so much easier! The very first dish that I made in my Magimix was Lamb Curry with Cashew Nuts and Dates – it turned out excellent! I am not a very technical person but it is so easy to use the machine that I didn’t have any issues at all. I’ve been looking at Thermomix for a long time and also attended their presentation and a cooking class but still there were a few things that I wasn’t sure about. It was love at first sight with my Magimix CE. I love that it comes with food processor attachment, long warranty on the motor, ease of use and I absolutely love the clear top. And the Facebook community is fantastic with great recipes and cooking tips. I highly recommend this investment!

Excellent Machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2016

i purchased my Magimix cook expect after a lot of research, this machine saves me time especially i am time poor with the hours i work.
I know I can come home and whip up a meal in no time for the family, and is so easy to clean with the wash cycle.
The app is also awesome especially when I am at the supermarket.
I would recommend this machine to my family and friends

Purchased at: TVSN (TV Shopping Network)

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Excellent Product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2016

Purchased my Magimix after comparing with other competitive products on the market, then went to a demonstration and saw how easy it is to use, have just started cooking with it, and I love it already looking forward to more experimenting with it. Excellent product, and we'll worth the investment!!!

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Makes me look good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2016

I purchased my CE after a lot of research and a demo. I am a hopeless inpatient cook. I now can present meals like a chief. I recommend the investment. Have a happy family now. The extra support, the app & facebook group make it fun and also I feel part of a community

Purchased at: Essential Ingredient

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2016

I have only had my Magimix CE for a few weeks, but even at this early stage I can already say I totally love it! I had been looking into buying a different brand for the past 6 years, but the options on the market just didn’t tick all the boxes. I wanted a machine that could also slice and grate like my Magimix Food processor. When I read about the Magimix CE I booked to attend a demo and within a week bought Magimix CE. It was an easy choice, I love the brand and the CE ticks all the boxes.
I prefer making meals from scratch so that I can cut out the nasties and the CE makes it so much easier to do so. It's generally easy to clean, as long as you don't overdo it on the browning! I’m also pleased to see that new recipes are continuously being added to the app. I do hope that the Recipes option on the CE will include recipes in the not to distant future!

Purchased at: Kitchen Warehouse

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Love this Magimix!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2016

There was a time when I started to believe that cooking was a chore...no more! The number and variety of cooking options opened to me by my Cook Expert seem infinite. It's ease of use, it's flexibility and wide range of options and capabilities have made life in the kitchen what it should be in the 21st century. Next to me, my husband's great love is curried just about anything - unfortunately, usually followed by a massive washing up. Not with my Magimix CE! Not only am I producing the best ever curries but it is done with a tool that virtually cleans itself! Hurray for technology...and my thanks to all the support on the Magimix Facebook groups.

Love my Magimix CE

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2016

The appliance incorporates 2 very important machines in the kitchen. Both with food processing and cooking for the busy house I live in. Very quiet and reliable to use, just pop in a few ingredients and "voila". The only thing I would say it falls short in would be that food sometimes gets caught under the blades of the CE but really with a little extra elbow grease and the bare spatular head that comes out easily. The appliance is so easy to maintain with the rinse option. I have experiemented with several recipes and they have worked beautifully.

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Cook Expert in real sense of the word !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2016

Magimix is the ultimate machine which has made our busy lives so much easier and way less messier with excellent rinsing function ! We have been using it almost daily and still feel there ' s so much yet to be explored in fact I would say we are now motivated to experiment new dishes from the inspiring recipe book that comes with it !!! The most convenient feature we found is kneading which we need to do almost every second day in our Indian cooking ,well that's not it .. it makes the perfect cake batter !
It really is a ' Magic Machine ! ' Loving it !!

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Unbelievable machine, makes life so much easier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2016

I love my magi mix cook expert. It has made juggling work and family life just so much easier. I no longer have to spend hours in the kitchen preparing meals. I can just throw all the ingredients in and let it do its thing while I spend valuable time with my little girl as well as prepare meals ahead for the days that I work. It's absolute incredible multi function capabilities as not just a cooking machine but food processing as well, makes it that much more indispensable. I couldn't live with out it.

• 1 answer

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Very satisfied with my machine.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2016

I had seen one Thermomix demonstration and I bought the Magimix Cook Expert at the next demonstration on the spot and have not regretted it. I find I am learning all the time, I've made soups, bread, curries, risottos, salmon in paper, piperade, mayo. custard, and french meringues with all the egg whites, I have also steamed vegetables, made pastry and prepared salads and ground beef. The one thing I feel it falls short on is the seal on the lid, it smells a bit and I am loathe to put it in the dishwasher too often. I find everything else washes very easily especially if you use the rinse programme first. Would I recommend it, YES, YES, YES.

Purchased at: Peter's of Kensington

3 of 7 pages

Hi, is it possible to cook to precise temperatures for tasks such as tempering chocolate, sous vide, and boiling sugar syrups to various degrees celsius etc? Thanks!

Aere F asked on Jul 17, 2018

Answer this

Hi Aere, yes you can as it is induction heated. We recommend for precise cooking to use a temperature probe and increase or decrease temperature as needed. Iniductio heating is one of the most accurate ways to cook and can be altered 1 degree at a time.

I have not attempted to temper chocolate and I doubt I ever will. I know there are precise manual setting and therefore theoretically it should be possible. Obviously contacting Magimix will be the best way to find out. Nonetheless, I am interested and curious enough to consult the manual to find out! Thank you for drawing my attention to it.

Hi,
Yes you can. Use the expert program and you can set it to whatever temperature u want, the time and how slow or fast u want it stirred. That is the beauty about magimix !!!

Hi can you tell me what the inside of the metal bowl of the cook expert is made out of please? It looks a bit like aluminium??

Matilda berry asked on Jul 12, 2018

Hi Matilda berry,

The entire bowl is thermal insulated stainless steel. Heavy duty and double walled, so will not rust. The inside is matt, not the gloss finish of the outside, perhaps that’s why you think it looks like aluminium, but I can assure you it’s not, it’s def stainless steel.

Rgds
Kat

Awesome news. I bought one a few days ago and my builder son was convinced it’s aluminim which was a bit of a worry. Much relief thank you.

I assume it is stainless steel, I would be surprised if it was aluminium! It has not occurred to me it could be given the health implications. It might be a good question. I’ll have to do research!

I recently purchased a Magimix Patissier, but for some reason when putting the metal bowl onto the base, it is very difficult to click into place. Even my husband struggled. Once he finally clicked it in, trying the remove the bowl was just as difficult. Am I missing something? I went to Kitchen warehouse to ask the ladies there and they happened to have two on display. So they tried to click the bowl into place but they too found it extremely difficult. In fact, they couldn’t do it! Does the machine have to be switched on for the bowl to fit onto the base properly? I had no problems with the plastic bowl. Hope someone has a simple answer? Thanks. Gina

Gina asked on May 22, 2018

Answer this

Hi Gina, I experienced the issue your refer to once only, the first time I used it because I did not approach the bowl click from the designed direction. This is most likely the source of your problem. No the machine does not need to be switched on to fit the bowl. You are advised to follow the directions in the instruction booklet precisely because this wonderful product has been designed so the bowl fits using only one direction. It is left to right. It will not work using the other direction. The same applies to the lid. Both slide into place seamlessly.
The women at Ktichen Warehouse were obviously not familiar with the product! This is surprising given they sell it! It would be unlikely for so many machines to be faulty!
If this does not work fitting it the correct way, then your product is faulty. You will be entitled to a replacement or refund.
I trust this makes a difference, S

Hi Gina,

Fitting the main metal bowl and clicking it into place should not be difficult at all. The handle needs to be about an inch or so left of 6 o'clock( if that makes sense), and then it's a simple push to the right to lock it in place. If you've got issues with this then check the conversion/induction plate (thick black plate that sits on the motor base). If yours is like mine it will have two padlocks, locked and unlocked. The locked padlock needs to be in line with the little reset button on the base, which is in line with and above the [Auto] button on the control panel, essentially at 6 o'clock again. If it's not then potential issue #1.
Also, on the bottom of the main metal bowl (mine is different as I have a universal blade and a solid washer that locks it from the underside ), do you have anything that unscrews/opens (i.e. to aid cleaning), as potentially this may not be in place and causing an issue with fitting and removing the bowl when it's on the plate that sits atop the motor base?

If it's removing that's only the problem, then if the Patissier bowl is similar to the metal bowl in the Cook Expert (and I think it is, albeit the dimensions are different), then I would imagine the safety locking mechanism is the same, which means it's not an issue with it being plugged in to power (whether turned on or off) but rather the lid has to be on and in the unlock (or near unlock) position for bowl removal. This locking mechanism is a fail-safe of sorts. I know if I don't have the lid just left of 'locking centre' or completely unlocked, then my bowl doesn't want to budge. If I force it, it will, but I'm not about forcing and potentially breaking something I've spent $2k on :). I've 'accidentally' done th s with the transparent bowl combination feed tube/lid, i.e. forced it open several times and each time I hear that crunch of a click I cringe and think "unlock it properly woman!".

That's all I can offer, along with ... I hope you purchased it from a reputable retailer as they'll need to contact Magimix for you. With others I've spoken to that have one, they've never had an issue. Hope it works out for you.

KK

Many thanks for your response Kitty Kat! I’ll see if that works. I also thought maybe the point of where the handle clicks into place just needed some CRC or oil as it was so stiff. The lady at Magimix said that was fine as long as I didn’t get any CRC or oil into the motor. Anyway I’ll try anything! Thanks once again.

Gina