Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2016

I love to cook and getting a Magimix Cook Expert has encouraged me to cook even more. It is a wonderful machine that has made me more efficient in the kitchen. The range and variety of functions that this machine does means I no longer need a lot of other kitchen appliances. It makes wonderful sauces, soups, bread doughs etc and the food processor is exceptional. It is also quite easy to clean.

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Kitchen Efficiency with the Magimix Cook Expert!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2016

The Magimix Cook Expert was a purchase after much researching of the alternative options for a long number of months. I knew that I wanted a machine that would make me more efficient in the kitchen and actually cook successfully. After going to watch a demonstration at a department store, I ordered my machine then and there and I haven't looked back! What I love the most is the ability to set it and leave it to it, from soups to casseroles, side dishes and risotto. The cookbook and app that comes with the machine meets a lot of my family's needs but there are some recipes that I will never cook as they seem to be more European that we are used to. The pastry dough that I made for one of the quiches was the best I have ever done and was seriously amazing! The food processor was a bonus for me as I haven't had one before and I am using it as much as I am the Cook Expert itself; and that is almost daily. I love the fact that my teenage daughters are both able to use it with confidence and success, creating food items that they are proud of. Having the rinsing function also means that they don't whinge when it comes time to clean up! I am more efficient in the kitchen thanks to the Cook Expert and food processor and I don't regret my purchase in any way.

Brisbane

• 3 comments

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Went to one Demo.. I was sold !!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2016

I would call myself a reasonably good cook. But not too adventurous. Using my MCE has certainly improved my skills. I researched for about 9 months and am extremely glad I bought the Magimix cook expert. After seeing the MCE in action at a Demo I was hooked. I find the cleaning very easy and also now have a super food processor with my thermal cooker. The extra long warranty is also a bonus. Only little negative is I wish I had more time to play with my MCE. Otherwise I am 100 % happy with my choice.

Date Purchased: May 2016

The best kitchen appliance I have owned!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2016

I was already a Magimix owner, having a 4200XL for 6 years prior to my Cook Expert purchase. I had wanted a thermocooker for about a year prior to the Cook Expert release but I didn't purchase any on the market as I had such a great experience with my 4200XL I wanted to hold out for the Cook Expert. In my opinion there is no comparison as to what is on the market now, Cook Expert beats all other thermocookers in terms of bowl size, warranty and support. I purchased the Cook Expert the first day it was available in Adelaide and I have not been disappointed. It is so easy to use and intuitive when cooking. I've made meals I previously wouldn't have made due to time and effort, but the ease of cooking in the Cook Expert make trying new and complicated recipes just so easy! Likewise cleaning is simple and quick.
I will never use ANY other brand, Magimix got me hooked with the 4200XL and blew my mind with the Cook Expert! Even my husband who grumbled about the purchase loves it!

• 1 review

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Superior quality all in one machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2016

I am a researcher and spent a lot of time comparing various machines. There are many reasons why I chose the CE including the long warranty, food processor, larger bowl and lack of plastic parts. I have been very happy with the purchase and am hoping to get some of the accessories for Christmas. I think the dicer attachment will get a lot of use.
Being a relatively new product the support networks and recipe forums are not as extensive as for the thermomix however recipes are easily converted. New recipes and you tube videos are continually being added and a good way to test out some of the functions of the machine as it is easy to fall into familiar habits.

Purchased at: Kitchen Warehouse

• 1 question
  • 3 answers

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Fabulous machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2016

I previously had the Kitchenaid Cook Processor, but found it far too bulky and the recipes lacking.
Saw the Cook Expert on tv and was wowed. Sold my Kitchenaid and so happy with the Cook Expert.
Recipes are really good. Pastry turns out excellent, soups, chopping, custards and the list goes on. I am a fairly old fashioned cook, but certainly getting good use from this.

Purchased at: Kitchen Warehouse

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Every day I learn something new that my Cook Expert can do.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2016

After owning a Bellini for a year I took the plunge and bought a Magimix Cook Expert. I have to admit it was an impulsive buy (and an expensive one) but not a decision I have regretted. I love this macine. My bread making skills have improved SO much and it is so easy. Every day I learn something new to try. I have to admit that I havent used the food processor attachments very much but plan to become as familiar with them as the Cook Expert itself. Apart from amazing bread, can boast that my lemon curd is a joy to make and cakes and muffins are childs play. To be able to chop and saute in one bowl is fantastic and did i mention how good the soup cycle was! I have never put it in the dishwasher and the rinse cycle is great and very easy. All in all a quality purchase, with great warranty. Highly recommended.

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Fantastic Product - Food Processing ability and serving size make it great for families

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2016

- I love that it prepares a large meal size, suitable for mains up to 6 servings.
- Versatile; added bonus of market leading food processor.
- Relatively easy to clean; mostly dish washer friendly. Sometimes get food stuck under the blades and cooked on food, removes relatively easily with the fancy spatula.
- Does occasionally go on sale.

Sydney, NSW

• 5 comments
  • 8 answers
  • 14 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Making my own lunchbox snacks + emergency dinners

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2016

I love a kitchen gadget so I was always going to end up with some sort of thermal cooker. I started with a bellini supercook (which i totally recommend as well) but decided to get this when it was released because I read glowing reviews and thought it would also last longer (I was afraid of my bellini collapsing on me in the middle of a cooking spree). I was too scared of the sales model to have a thermomix demo (and didn't like the sound of internal scales and wanted to see one before deciding) and my love of food processors pushed me towards the magimix rather than Kitchenaid or tefal equivalents.

I have not been disappointed. Ultimately I can't say it has changed my life as much as it has for others but I'm fond of it and use it often for a variety of things - scrolls, risottos, pasta sauces, frozen desserts, soups, spreadable butter (butter + flavourless oil mixed together in the FP), mashed potato, stock, grated cheese..... It does enable me to do a lot of home made snacks and meals for lunchboxes that I would resort to buying ready made with unrecognisable lists of ingredients, and I have more options for adding veggies and other healthy things into what my kids eat now I'm doing more from scratch.

So it is definitely a time saver, and for the most part it's pretty easy to convert recipes from traditional or thermomix recipes (however it won't do layered cooking in the way that thermomix and other machines with external steamer will because the internal basket takes up most of the bowl- you'll need to boil pasta on the stove or whatever - actually not a biggie as one of the parts of multi layered cooking tends to be something v simple like that)

It's also fun to be part of the Facebook group for this appliance - getting tips and ideas from others so that it's less daunting stepping outside my usual feeble cooking attempts!

Nobody NEEDS one of these appliances but it sure as heck makes food prep and cooking easier if you have screaming toddlers hanging off you. If you can afford it, you love a gadget and batch cook or want food on the table fast, this is a good choice. Customer service is great too.

Perth, WA

• 1 review
  • 1 question

A Worthwhile Investment

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2016

Bought this initially to move to a more health conscious, less processed diet, but quickly found that it suits my lifestyle brilliantly. It makes the best Thai green curry from scratch, with many of the ingredients coming from my garden - how fresh and healthy is that!

The Cook Expert is a complete machine, as it comes with the food processing attachments also, so salads are a breeze.

I have the latest Thermomix in my household also, but the Magimix Cook Expert is always being used whilst the Thermomix lays idle for the most part...

The test of whether it is worth the cost is simply to ask whether I would give it back for a full refund, and my answer to that is no I would not...

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Cooking from scratch made easy!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2016

I love the ease, and excitement in cooking again. My kids love watching through the glass top things cooking!! The food processor is amazing and has made life easy. I've made most recipes and find them easy to follow, it's amazing the variety of meals that can be prepared. Love my new machine, thanks :-)

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Great appliance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2016

Due to my son having egg and dairy allergies I became cautious with what ingredients are in our food. Since then we have adopted an additive & preservative free organic free lifestyle. With the Magimix Cook Expert I am no longer restricted with the foods we can eat as I can make everything from scratch, which also saves us $$$$$.

Purchased at: Myer Gifts Online

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

I've got my cooking mojo back!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2016

Having a small kitchen I don't have the space for many appliances. I found after using my CE I have cleaned out my cupboards and cleared my bench top of the many appliances I don't need. It is such a versatile machine. I like to cook from scratch and the cook expert saves time on making stocks, milling nuts and seeds for flour, bread dough, pastry and home made sauces.

One of my favourite aspects of Magimix CE Is the cleaning. No more burning every saucepan in the house because I can set and forget!

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Only Kitchen appliance I use

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2016

Best appliance I have ever bought!! It's make my life so much easier Soup - use the processor then all into cook. So good !! Most days I use it for at least 1of the functions. No need to stay and watch it, can stop and do other things while it's cooking . And so easy to clean. So happy i with the magimix

Melbourne

• 4 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 20 helpful votes

Magic Magimix Cook Expert

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2016

I have had a thermomix for the last 8 years and was looking to upgrade to the current model when the cook expert came on the market. No comparison in the machines
In the cook expert you have induction which makes the cooking more exact and reliable. It is a safe machine, no bits can fly off when at high speeds. The clear lid allows you to keep an eye on the ingredient without having to stop the machine and take off the lid.So far I have made pizza, cakes stews bread pavlova, jam, The list goes on
If it failed I would replace tomorrow although given the quality i am sure this will not be necessary
Cleaning a breeze unlike the thermomix
Thank you Magimix for bringing such a great machine to the domestic market

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Best kitchen appliance I've ever owned!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2016

Believe the hype! I love my Magimix and the way it has reignited my love for cooking. I was worried that the novelty would wear off after a few weeks, but this hasn't been the case so far - with the machine getting daily use. It excels at anything that involves regular stirring, like risotto, custards, sauces, porridge etc. My children love the porridge from the Magimix - it is so creamy and well cooked that they no longer ask for sugar or honey to be added. I haven't used the food processor all that much yet (having never owned one before I'm not used to cooking things that require a food processor), but the few times I've used it to grate cheese, make mince, slice vegies etc, I have been impressed. The machine is easy to clean - I love the rinsing program - but my one gripe is that the seal on the lid etc does tend to retain odours (from onion, heavily spiced curries etc). To be fair, I think this problem would apply to any of these types of machines, not just the Magimix, and I am pregnant so have a very sensitive nose at present! I was initially worried by the price, but this is a quality machine that I know will be with me for many, many years it come.

Date Purchased: May 2016

Supurb Quality and Design

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2016

The Magimix Cook Expert has renewed my love of cooking. I love the large size bowl, for cooking up soups and sauces to freeze, the clear lid to keep an eye on the progress. The flexibility of automatic and manual programs, caters for all cooks. The FP is brilliant for slicing, grating and chopping. Anyone looking for a Thermo cooker needs to look no further.

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

This is so much better than the thermomix.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2016

Amazing quality!! So many more functions than my old machine!! Happy that I have a food processor and master cook in one!! I love the easy clean base!! After owning a thermomux I am glad to make the change! Thanks Magimix for creating a fantastic product that I am confident to use.

Melbourne

• 5 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Fantastic addition to the kitchen!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2016

The Magimix Cook Expert does everything it says it will! Certainly worth the money! It make fantastic risotto ; saves so much time and comes out perfectly. It's a real time saver in the kitchen! Last but certainly not least - its a fun machine to use.
It whips the eggs whites for Fav's perfectly!!
We do have a problem with the spatular ; the rubber head doesn't stay on and keeps coming off when using it to scare down the bowl.
Would love to see more recipes on the APP, at the moment they are very limited.

Excellent, convenient appliance!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2016

The Magimix Cook Expert has changed the way we cook dinners as a family. Having a toddler and a baby means we can cook dinner in the one appliance, which is both convenient and safer for our household. The external surface of the Magimix Cook Expert does not get too hot to the touch. The extra large bowl is a massive positive, and was a decisive factor in purchasing the Magimix Cook Expert. It is extremely easy to use and has a range of recipes for all occasions. The automatic cleaning function is convenient and saves time when cleaning up after and during cooking.

4 of 7 pages

Price and where to buy?

Bob asked on Nov 29, 2017

Answer this

Hi Bob, recommended retail price is $2099. Please visit our website magimix.com.au to find your nearest store. All the best.

Hi Bob, look on TVSN television show. They have the Magimix,Tefal Cusine Companion and others with part payments while you take it home and sometimes a gift as bonus. I love this show, highly recommend it. Bought many products from it.

I have a smaller family and am often making meals for just one or two people? Whats the minimum that can be cooked? Could I make just 1-2 cups custard for example? Or just one smoothie?

Suse asked on Jul 17, 2017

Answer this

The average serving of custard for 1, is one cup per serve. A child under 4 years of age will be satisfied, over 4 they are asking for seconds. Please take a look at the recipes in the grand recipe book and you will notice the recipes are usually catering for up to 6 people; my advice is to cut the recipes in half. Smoothies are the same, children will drink two sweet smoothies compared to one vegetable one; so add green leafy vegetables to the fruit ones. They keep in the fridge for the whole day, therefore they are not discarded, and your child has the benefit of a healthy drink in the morning and afternoon. I have whisked one egg white and was surprised at the volume of meringue it made.
Any of the main meal recipes can be halved to suffice the smaller family. Enjoy your learning, as time moves on your meals will grow.

I have a small family too and can definitely do smaller quantities. I personally prefer to make a large quantity and freeze batches (soups etc) but it could do a 500 ml quantity of smoothie or custard.

I'm with Terri...I like to do large batches and freeze. The machine will do small quantities as Maggie says. It's a kitchen assistant ...you can use it anyway you want.

Hi. What's the coating like inside the bowl? Does anyone find their food getting stuck to the bowl? Also, can you clean it in the dishwasher? Thanks

Natalia asked on Mar 26, 2017

Answer this

The coating on the bowl is like a satin finish, not gloss or matte. Easy as anything to clean. I have cooked custard, gravy, lemon butter, risotto, all of which used to stick on my old thermochef but this is a dream. Nothing burns or sticks. Apparently this is because it is induction. Also brilliant to make your gravy a bit ahead of time and leave it in there till you need it because it's insulated.

See all 11 questions about Magimix Cook Expert 7CO18900A