Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Unbelievable machine, makes life so much easier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2016

I love my magi mix cook expert. It has made juggling work and family life just so much easier. I no longer have to spend hours in the kitchen preparing meals. I can just throw all the ingredients in and let it do its thing while I spend valuable time with my little girl as well as prepare meals ahead for the days that I work. It's absolute incredible multi function capabilities as not just a cooking machine but food processing as well, makes it that much more indispensable. I couldn't live with out it.

• 1 answer

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Very satisfied with my machine.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2016

I had seen one Thermomix demonstration and I bought the Magimix Cook Expert at the next demonstration on the spot and have not regretted it. I find I am learning all the time, I've made soups, bread, curries, risottos, salmon in paper, piperade, mayo. custard, and french meringues with all the egg whites, I have also steamed vegetables, made pastry and prepared salads and ground beef. The one thing I feel it falls short on is the seal on the lid, it smells a bit and I am loathe to put it in the dishwasher too often. I find everything else washes very easily especially if you use the rinse programme first. Would I recommend it, YES, YES, YES.

Purchased at: Peter's of Kensington

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Great kitchen appliance investment

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2016

The fact that the cook expert has a full food processor as well as a thermo cooker is what sold me on buying this appliance. Every part of the machine is so easy to use and the menu is very intuitive. It does everything you could possibly want from a food processor with ease. I've also enjoyed cooking whole meals in the cooking bowl, the capacity is excellent and it is very precise different speeds and 1 degree temperature increments. My use of this part of the appliance has been pretty basic so far, but it is so versatile. All parts clean so easily, the cooking bowl has a rinse function and come apart easily for full washing. I hand wash all the parts rather than put through the dishwasher and it still looks brand new, and I expect that it will for a long time to come. It seems very well built and durable.

Sydney

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

This machine is really great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2016

I finally took the plunge and purchased the CE after months of research and hesitation. The two key factors which swayed me to this machine versus its competitors were the large bowl size and the absence of plastic.
Since buying it I use it all the time and have no regrets. It is not magic and thought has to go into meal preparation but it makes everything a lot more efficient. Things like soups and baby food are really quick, stews/risottos are great, and I'm making things I would not have ever attempted in the past. I like the fact that in a way it takes the judgement out of cooking as you can just follow the recipes in the cookbook (which I have found are all great) and walk away between steps.
I'm learning to do more and more with the main bowl and the food processor, which is also fantastic to have, and am now making a lot of things like tomato sauce and pasta sauce from scratch.
The only negatives I can think of are: the lid tends to drip when you take it off (not a biggy), and the time it takes to scroll through to get to the higher temperatures (it still only takes a few seconds).
I really think this machine is what you make of it. I love it and am recommending it to my friends.

It's a winner!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2016

I researched all-in-one machines for a few months and chose the Magimix Cook Expert (after attending two demos) for it's quality, warranty, customer service and most of all the minimal use of plastic parts. We've only had it for just over a month and have made lovely risottos and the red lentil dahl from the recipe book at least twice a week. Also love the food processor's mini bowl for whipping up a home made hummus dip. We're looking forward to expanding our recipe repertoire over the next few months and have just joined the Magimix Cook Expert Tips Tricks & Recipes Australia Facebook group.

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2016

I love to cook and getting a Magimix Cook Expert has encouraged me to cook even more. It is a wonderful machine that has made me more efficient in the kitchen. The range and variety of functions that this machine does means I no longer need a lot of other kitchen appliances. It makes wonderful sauces, soups, bread doughs etc and the food processor is exceptional. It is also quite easy to clean.

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Kitchen Efficiency with the Magimix Cook Expert!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2016

The Magimix Cook Expert was a purchase after much researching of the alternative options for a long number of months. I knew that I wanted a machine that would make me more efficient in the kitchen and actually cook successfully. After going to watch a demonstration at a department store, I ordered my machine then and there and I haven't looked back! What I love the most is the ability to set it and leave it to it, from soups to casseroles, side dishes and risotto. The cookbook and app that comes with the machine meets a lot of my family's needs but there are some recipes that I will never cook as they seem to be more European that we are used to. The pastry dough that I made for one of the quiches was the best I have ever done and was seriously amazing! The food processor was a bonus for me as I haven't had one before and I am using it as much as I am the Cook Expert itself; and that is almost daily. I love the fact that my teenage daughters are both able to use it with confidence and success, creating food items that they are proud of. Having the rinsing function also means that they don't whinge when it comes time to clean up! I am more efficient in the kitchen thanks to the Cook Expert and food processor and I don't regret my purchase in any way.

Brisbane

• 5 comments
  • 3 answers

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Went to one Demo.. I was sold !!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2016

I would call myself a reasonably good cook. But not too adventurous. Using my MCE has certainly improved my skills. I researched for about 9 months and am extremely glad I bought the Magimix cook expert. After seeing the MCE in action at a Demo I was hooked. I find the cleaning very easy and also now have a super food processor with my thermal cooker. The extra long warranty is also a bonus. Only little negative is I wish I had more time to play with my MCE. Otherwise I am 100 % happy with my choice.

Date Purchased: May 2016

The best kitchen appliance I have owned!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2016

I was already a Magimix owner, having a 4200XL for 6 years prior to my Cook Expert purchase. I had wanted a thermocooker for about a year prior to the Cook Expert release but I didn't purchase any on the market as I had such a great experience with my 4200XL I wanted to hold out for the Cook Expert. In my opinion there is no comparison as to what is on the market now, Cook Expert beats all other thermocookers in terms of bowl size, warranty and support. I purchased the Cook Expert the first day it was available in Adelaide and I have not been disappointed. It is so easy to use and intuitive when cooking. I've made meals I previously wouldn't have made due to time and effort, but the ease of cooking in the Cook Expert make trying new and complicated recipes just so easy! Likewise cleaning is simple and quick.
I will never use ANY other brand, Magimix got me hooked with the 4200XL and blew my mind with the Cook Expert! Even my husband who grumbled about the purchase loves it!

Purchased at: David Jones

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Superior quality all in one machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2016

I am a researcher and spent a lot of time comparing various machines. There are many reasons why I chose the CE including the long warranty, food processor, larger bowl and lack of plastic parts. I have been very happy with the purchase and am hoping to get some of the accessories for Christmas. I think the dicer attachment will get a lot of use.
Being a relatively new product the support networks and recipe forums are not as extensive as for the thermomix however recipes are easily converted. New recipes and you tube videos are continually being added and a good way to test out some of the functions of the machine as it is easy to fall into familiar habits.

Purchased at: Kitchen Warehouse

• 4 answers

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Fabulous machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2016

I previously had the Kitchenaid Cook Processor, but found it far too bulky and the recipes lacking.
Saw the Cook Expert on tv and was wowed. Sold my Kitchenaid and so happy with the Cook Expert.
Recipes are really good. Pastry turns out excellent, soups, chopping, custards and the list goes on. I am a fairly old fashioned cook, but certainly getting good use from this.

Purchased at: Kitchen Warehouse

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Every day I learn something new that my Cook Expert can do.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2016

After owning a Bellini for a year I took the plunge and bought a Magimix Cook Expert. I have to admit it was an impulsive buy (and an expensive one) but not a decision I have regretted. I love this macine. My bread making skills have improved SO much and it is so easy. Every day I learn something new to try. I have to admit that I havent used the food processor attachments very much but plan to become as familiar with them as the Cook Expert itself. Apart from amazing bread, can boast that my lemon curd is a joy to make and cakes and muffins are childs play. To be able to chop and saute in one bowl is fantastic and did i mention how good the soup cycle was! I have never put it in the dishwasher and the rinse cycle is great and very easy. All in all a quality purchase, with great warranty. Highly recommended.

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Fantastic Product - Food Processing ability and serving size make it great for families

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2016

- I love that it prepares a large meal size, suitable for mains up to 6 servings.
- Versatile; added bonus of market leading food processor.
- Relatively easy to clean; mostly dish washer friendly. Sometimes get food stuck under the blades and cooked on food, removes relatively easily with the fancy spatula.
- Does occasionally go on sale.

Sydney, NSW

• 5 comments
  • 8 answers
  • 14 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Making my own lunchbox snacks + emergency dinners

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2016

I love a kitchen gadget so I was always going to end up with some sort of thermal cooker. I started with a bellini supercook (which i totally recommend as well) but decided to get this when it was released because I read glowing reviews and thought it would also last longer (I was afraid of my bellini collapsing on me in the middle of a cooking spree). I was too scared of the sales model to have a thermomix demo (and didn't like the sound of internal scales and wanted to see one before deciding) and my love of food processors pushed me towards the magimix rather than Kitchenaid or tefal equivalents.

I have not been disappointed. Ultimately I can't say it has changed my life as much as it has for others but I'm fond of it and use it often for a variety of things - scrolls, risottos, pasta sauces, frozen desserts, soups, spreadable butter (butter + flavourless oil mixed together in the FP), mashed potato, stock, grated cheese..... It does enable me to do a lot of home made snacks and meals for lunchboxes that I would resort to buying ready made with unrecognisable lists of ingredients, and I have more options for adding veggies and other healthy things into what my kids eat now I'm doing more from scratch.

So it is definitely a time saver, and for the most part it's pretty easy to convert recipes from traditional or thermomix recipes (however it won't do layered cooking in the way that thermomix and other machines with external steamer will because the internal basket takes up most of the bowl- you'll need to boil pasta on the stove or whatever - actually not a biggie as one of the parts of multi layered cooking tends to be something v simple like that)

It's also fun to be part of the Facebook group for this appliance - getting tips and ideas from others so that it's less daunting stepping outside my usual feeble cooking attempts!

Nobody NEEDS one of these appliances but it sure as heck makes food prep and cooking easier if you have screaming toddlers hanging off you. If you can afford it, you love a gadget and batch cook or want food on the table fast, this is a good choice. Customer service is great too.

Perth, WA

A Worthwhile Investment

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2016

Bought this initially to move to a more health conscious, less processed diet, but quickly found that it suits my lifestyle brilliantly. It makes the best Thai green curry from scratch, with many of the ingredients coming from my garden - how fresh and healthy is that!

The Cook Expert is a complete machine, as it comes with the food processing attachments also, so salads are a breeze.

I have the latest Thermomix in my household also, but the Magimix Cook Expert is always being used whilst the Thermomix lays idle for the most part...

The test of whether it is worth the cost is simply to ask whether I would give it back for a full refund, and my answer to that is no I would not...

Purchased at: David Jones

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Cooking from scratch made easy!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2016

I love the ease, and excitement in cooking again. My kids love watching through the glass top things cooking!! The food processor is amazing and has made life easy. I've made most recipes and find them easy to follow, it's amazing the variety of meals that can be prepared. Love my new machine, thanks :-)

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Great appliance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2016

Due to my son having egg and dairy allergies I became cautious with what ingredients are in our food. Since then we have adopted an additive & preservative free organic free lifestyle. With the Magimix Cook Expert I am no longer restricted with the foods we can eat as I can make everything from scratch, which also saves us $$$$$.

Purchased at: Myer Gifts Online

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

I've got my cooking mojo back!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2016

Having a small kitchen I don't have the space for many appliances. I found after using my CE I have cleaned out my cupboards and cleared my bench top of the many appliances I don't need. It is such a versatile machine. I like to cook from scratch and the cook expert saves time on making stocks, milling nuts and seeds for flour, bread dough, pastry and home made sauces.

One of my favourite aspects of Magimix CE Is the cleaning. No more burning every saucepan in the house because I can set and forget!

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Only Kitchen appliance I use

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2016

Best appliance I have ever bought!! It's make my life so much easier Soup - use the processor then all into cook. So good !! Most days I use it for at least 1of the functions. No need to stay and watch it, can stop and do other things while it's cooking . And so easy to clean. So happy i with the magimix

Melbourne

• 6 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 31 helpful votes

Magic Magimix Cook Expert

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2016

I have had a thermomix for the last 8 years and was looking to upgrade to the current model when the cook expert came on the market. No comparison in the machines
In the cook expert you have induction which makes the cooking more exact and reliable. It is a safe machine, no bits can fly off when at high speeds. The clear lid allows you to keep an eye on the ingredient without having to stop the machine and take off the lid.So far I have made pizza, cakes stews bread pavlova, jam, The list goes on
If it failed I would replace tomorrow although given the quality i am sure this will not be necessary
Cleaning a breeze unlike the thermomix
Thank you Magimix for bringing such a great machine to the domestic market

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

4 of 7 pages

Does anyone have reviews of the dicing kit that you can buy to use with the cook expert? Is it easy to use?

GJEG asked on Nov 11, 2018

Answer this

I have dicing kit, and yes, is easy to use. Importantly, easy to clean too. Have found that best with crisp things, not so much with softer or spongy things like some pumpkin. I have a Kenwood one too, and as much as I love the Kenwood, the Magimix one is easier to clean, although the Kenwood will do endless quantities. If you do not have a Magimix Cook Expert, strongly advise to get one. It seems way superior to other thermo-cook offerings (yes, I used to have a Thermomix, it was good but sold it years ago as at end of day seems best for its target market of women who have no idea - and for that it does well). For serious functionality and quality, Cook Expert is way above the other contenders.

How good can this make: -mill flour -make icing sugar out of raw sugar -ice cream? How good can it saute onion/brown meat? Are the recipes as easy to follow as Thermomix's?And do the recipes turn out OK?

C Code asked on Sep 22, 2018

Answer this

Icing sugar is a Thermomix sales gimmick. Any blender has been able to do this for years (well I have since the 80's, in a Kenwood). To mill flour, best done with a flour mill attachment, although Thermomix does a good job with small quantities (and while wearing ear-muffs). Ice cream, properly made, needs to have a custard made (Thermomix can do this, although inevitably a bit of a scrub needed - things stick to its small conventionally heated base) and is best churned in an ice-cream churn (that Magimix doesn't offer nor Thermomix is ever going to be suitable for). Magimix can saute and brown, which Thermomix is unsuited to with its small base and low maximum temperature, let alone always rotating blades. For serious and best results, who needs a kitchen machine when a pot or pan on a hotplate works entirely well? The question about recipes is revealing as Thermomix is marketed to people who haven't got a clue about cooking. Thermomix will do more than the built-in recipes, and can actually be a useful kitchen-hand, but the company seems to target the clueless and ignore its actual usefulness. Magimix also caters to people without a clue, but excels with cooks who do have a clue and use it to assist in favourite recipes. But yes, recipes promoted my Magimix are entirely good.

I want to be sure that it is for me. Do you have a machine on loan or rental? I am more than happy to pay deposit and/or rental fee

L Lee asked on Sep 06, 2018

Hi L,
Sorry I don’t have it on rental. It’s for my personal use. But it’s worth asking around or doing a bit of research on it if you are unsure cause it a huge investment. But I am loving it even my kids use it as it’s child friendly too. All the best.

Regards
Angel

It would be sensible to contact a rental company for this kind of request. Have you forgotten the cost of transporting it and the fact those who own one, use it?

Hi L,

Most people who post here have it for personal use, therefore unless you are willing to pay a $2000 deposit (so they can buy another should they not receive theirs back) I am sure you won't find the answer you're looking for. Being we are not companies, we do not have the liability insurance to cover the cost of the appliance should we not receive it back in the same condition it was 'rented out'. Surely you understand this.

KK