Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Great kitchen appliance investment

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2016

The fact that the cook expert has a full food processor as well as a thermo cooker is what sold me on buying this appliance. Every part of the machine is so easy to use and the menu is very intuitive. It does everything you could possibly want from a food processor with ease. I've also enjoyed cooking whole meals in the cooking bowl, the capacity is excellent and it is very precise different speeds and 1 degree temperature increments. My use of this part of the appliance has been pretty basic so far, but it is so versatile. All parts clean so easily, the cooking bowl has a rinse function and come apart easily for full washing. I hand wash all the parts rather than put through the dishwasher and it still looks brand new, and I expect that it will for a long time to come. It seems very well built and durable.

Sydney

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

This machine is really great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2016

I finally took the plunge and purchased the CE after months of research and hesitation. The two key factors which swayed me to this machine versus its competitors were the large bowl size and the absence of plastic.
Since buying it I use it all the time and have no regrets. It is not magic and thought has to go into meal preparation but it makes everything a lot more efficient. Things like soups and baby food are really quick, stews/risottos are great, and I'm making things I would not have ever attempted in the past. I like the fact that in a way it takes the judgement out of cooking as you can just follow the recipes in the cookbook (which I have found are all great) and walk away between steps.
I'm learning to do more and more with the main bowl and the food processor, which is also fantastic to have, and am now making a lot of things like tomato sauce and pasta sauce from scratch.
The only negatives I can think of are: the lid tends to drip when you take it off (not a biggy), and the time it takes to scroll through to get to the higher temperatures (it still only takes a few seconds).
I really think this machine is what you make of it. I love it and am recommending it to my friends.

It's a winner!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2016

I researched all-in-one machines for a few months and chose the Magimix Cook Expert (after attending two demos) for it's quality, warranty, customer service and most of all the minimal use of plastic parts. We've only had it for just over a month and have made lovely risottos and the red lentil dahl from the recipe book at least twice a week. Also love the food processor's mini bowl for whipping up a home made hummus dip. We're looking forward to expanding our recipe repertoire over the next few months and have just joined the Magimix Cook Expert Tips Tricks & Recipes Australia Facebook group.

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2016

I love to cook and getting a Magimix Cook Expert has encouraged me to cook even more. It is a wonderful machine that has made me more efficient in the kitchen. The range and variety of functions that this machine does means I no longer need a lot of other kitchen appliances. It makes wonderful sauces, soups, bread doughs etc and the food processor is exceptional. It is also quite easy to clean.

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Kitchen Efficiency with the Magimix Cook Expert!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2016

The Magimix Cook Expert was a purchase after much researching of the alternative options for a long number of months. I knew that I wanted a machine that would make me more efficient in the kitchen and actually cook successfully. After going to watch a demonstration at a department store, I ordered my machine then and there and I haven't looked back! What I love the most is the ability to set it and leave it to it, from soups to casseroles, side dishes and risotto. The cookbook and app that comes with the machine meets a lot of my family's needs but there are some recipes that I will never cook as they seem to be more European that we are used to. The pastry dough that I made for one of the quiches was the best I have ever done and was seriously amazing! The food processor was a bonus for me as I haven't had one before and I am using it as much as I am the Cook Expert itself; and that is almost daily. I love the fact that my teenage daughters are both able to use it with confidence and success, creating food items that they are proud of. Having the rinsing function also means that they don't whinge when it comes time to clean up! I am more efficient in the kitchen thanks to the Cook Expert and food processor and I don't regret my purchase in any way.

Brisbane

• 5 comments
  • 3 answers

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Went to one Demo.. I was sold !!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2016

I would call myself a reasonably good cook. But not too adventurous. Using my MCE has certainly improved my skills. I researched for about 9 months and am extremely glad I bought the Magimix cook expert. After seeing the MCE in action at a Demo I was hooked. I find the cleaning very easy and also now have a super food processor with my thermal cooker. The extra long warranty is also a bonus. Only little negative is I wish I had more time to play with my MCE. Otherwise I am 100 % happy with my choice.

Date Purchased: May 2016

The best kitchen appliance I have owned!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2016

I was already a Magimix owner, having a 4200XL for 6 years prior to my Cook Expert purchase. I had wanted a thermocooker for about a year prior to the Cook Expert release but I didn't purchase any on the market as I had such a great experience with my 4200XL I wanted to hold out for the Cook Expert. In my opinion there is no comparison as to what is on the market now, Cook Expert beats all other thermocookers in terms of bowl size, warranty and support. I purchased the Cook Expert the first day it was available in Adelaide and I have not been disappointed. It is so easy to use and intuitive when cooking. I've made meals I previously wouldn't have made due to time and effort, but the ease of cooking in the Cook Expert make trying new and complicated recipes just so easy! Likewise cleaning is simple and quick.
I will never use ANY other brand, Magimix got me hooked with the 4200XL and blew my mind with the Cook Expert! Even my husband who grumbled about the purchase loves it!

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Superior quality all in one machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2016

I am a researcher and spent a lot of time comparing various machines. There are many reasons why I chose the CE including the long warranty, food processor, larger bowl and lack of plastic parts. I have been very happy with the purchase and am hoping to get some of the accessories for Christmas. I think the dicer attachment will get a lot of use.
Being a relatively new product the support networks and recipe forums are not as extensive as for the thermomix however recipes are easily converted. New recipes and you tube videos are continually being added and a good way to test out some of the functions of the machine as it is easy to fall into familiar habits.

Purchased at: Kitchen Warehouse

• 4 answers

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Fabulous machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2016

I previously had the Kitchenaid Cook Processor, but found it far too bulky and the recipes lacking.
Saw the Cook Expert on tv and was wowed. Sold my Kitchenaid and so happy with the Cook Expert.
Recipes are really good. Pastry turns out excellent, soups, chopping, custards and the list goes on. I am a fairly old fashioned cook, but certainly getting good use from this.

Purchased at: Kitchen Warehouse

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Every day I learn something new that my Cook Expert can do.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2016

After owning a Bellini for a year I took the plunge and bought a Magimix Cook Expert. I have to admit it was an impulsive buy (and an expensive one) but not a decision I have regretted. I love this macine. My bread making skills have improved SO much and it is so easy. Every day I learn something new to try. I have to admit that I havent used the food processor attachments very much but plan to become as familiar with them as the Cook Expert itself. Apart from amazing bread, can boast that my lemon curd is a joy to make and cakes and muffins are childs play. To be able to chop and saute in one bowl is fantastic and did i mention how good the soup cycle was! I have never put it in the dishwasher and the rinse cycle is great and very easy. All in all a quality purchase, with great warranty. Highly recommended.

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Fantastic Product - Food Processing ability and serving size make it great for families

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2016

- I love that it prepares a large meal size, suitable for mains up to 6 servings.
- Versatile; added bonus of market leading food processor.
- Relatively easy to clean; mostly dish washer friendly. Sometimes get food stuck under the blades and cooked on food, removes relatively easily with the fancy spatula.
- Does occasionally go on sale.

Sydney, NSW

• 5 comments
  • 8 answers
  • 14 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Making my own lunchbox snacks + emergency dinners

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2016

I love a kitchen gadget so I was always going to end up with some sort of thermal cooker. I started with a bellini supercook (which i totally recommend as well) but decided to get this when it was released because I read glowing reviews and thought it would also last longer (I was afraid of my bellini collapsing on me in the middle of a cooking spree). I was too scared of the sales model to have a thermomix demo (and didn't like the sound of internal scales and wanted to see one before deciding) and my love of food processors pushed me towards the magimix rather than Kitchenaid or tefal equivalents.

I have not been disappointed. Ultimately I can't say it has changed my life as much as it has for others but I'm fond of it and use it often for a variety of things - scrolls, risottos, pasta sauces, frozen desserts, soups, spreadable butter (butter + flavourless oil mixed together in the FP), mashed potato, stock, grated cheese..... It does enable me to do a lot of home made snacks and meals for lunchboxes that I would resort to buying ready made with unrecognisable lists of ingredients, and I have more options for adding veggies and other healthy things into what my kids eat now I'm doing more from scratch.

So it is definitely a time saver, and for the most part it's pretty easy to convert recipes from traditional or thermomix recipes (however it won't do layered cooking in the way that thermomix and other machines with external steamer will because the internal basket takes up most of the bowl- you'll need to boil pasta on the stove or whatever - actually not a biggie as one of the parts of multi layered cooking tends to be something v simple like that)

It's also fun to be part of the Facebook group for this appliance - getting tips and ideas from others so that it's less daunting stepping outside my usual feeble cooking attempts!

Nobody NEEDS one of these appliances but it sure as heck makes food prep and cooking easier if you have screaming toddlers hanging off you. If you can afford it, you love a gadget and batch cook or want food on the table fast, this is a good choice. Customer service is great too.

Perth, WA

A Worthwhile Investment

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2016

Bought this initially to move to a more health conscious, less processed diet, but quickly found that it suits my lifestyle brilliantly. It makes the best Thai green curry from scratch, with many of the ingredients coming from my garden - how fresh and healthy is that!

The Cook Expert is a complete machine, as it comes with the food processing attachments also, so salads are a breeze.

I have the latest Thermomix in my household also, but the Magimix Cook Expert is always being used whilst the Thermomix lays idle for the most part...

The test of whether it is worth the cost is simply to ask whether I would give it back for a full refund, and my answer to that is no I would not...

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Cooking from scratch made easy!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2016

I love the ease, and excitement in cooking again. My kids love watching through the glass top things cooking!! The food processor is amazing and has made life easy. I've made most recipes and find them easy to follow, it's amazing the variety of meals that can be prepared. Love my new machine, thanks :-)

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Great appliance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2016

Due to my son having egg and dairy allergies I became cautious with what ingredients are in our food. Since then we have adopted an additive & preservative free organic free lifestyle. With the Magimix Cook Expert I am no longer restricted with the foods we can eat as I can make everything from scratch, which also saves us $$$$$.

Purchased at: Myer Gifts Online

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

I've got my cooking mojo back!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2016

Having a small kitchen I don't have the space for many appliances. I found after using my CE I have cleaned out my cupboards and cleared my bench top of the many appliances I don't need. It is such a versatile machine. I like to cook from scratch and the cook expert saves time on making stocks, milling nuts and seeds for flour, bread dough, pastry and home made sauces.

One of my favourite aspects of Magimix CE Is the cleaning. No more burning every saucepan in the house because I can set and forget!

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Only Kitchen appliance I use

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2016

Best appliance I have ever bought!! It's make my life so much easier Soup - use the processor then all into cook. So good !! Most days I use it for at least 1of the functions. No need to stay and watch it, can stop and do other things while it's cooking . And so easy to clean. So happy i with the magimix

Melbourne

• 6 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 30 helpful votes

Magic Magimix Cook Expert

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2016

I have had a thermomix for the last 8 years and was looking to upgrade to the current model when the cook expert came on the market. No comparison in the machines
In the cook expert you have induction which makes the cooking more exact and reliable. It is a safe machine, no bits can fly off when at high speeds. The clear lid allows you to keep an eye on the ingredient without having to stop the machine and take off the lid.So far I have made pizza, cakes stews bread pavlova, jam, The list goes on
If it failed I would replace tomorrow although given the quality i am sure this will not be necessary
Cleaning a breeze unlike the thermomix
Thank you Magimix for bringing such a great machine to the domestic market

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Best kitchen appliance I've ever owned!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2016

Believe the hype! I love my Magimix and the way it has reignited my love for cooking. I was worried that the novelty would wear off after a few weeks, but this hasn't been the case so far - with the machine getting daily use. It excels at anything that involves regular stirring, like risotto, custards, sauces, porridge etc. My children love the porridge from the Magimix - it is so creamy and well cooked that they no longer ask for sugar or honey to be added. I haven't used the food processor all that much yet (having never owned one before I'm not used to cooking things that require a food processor), but the few times I've used it to grate cheese, make mince, slice vegies etc, I have been impressed. The machine is easy to clean - I love the rinsing program - but my one gripe is that the seal on the lid etc does tend to retain odours (from onion, heavily spiced curries etc). To be fair, I think this problem would apply to any of these types of machines, not just the Magimix, and I am pregnant so have a very sensitive nose at present! I was initially worried by the price, but this is a quality machine that I know will be with me for many, many years it come.

Date Purchased: May 2016

Supurb Quality and Design

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2016

The Magimix Cook Expert has renewed my love of cooking. I love the large size bowl, for cooking up soups and sauces to freeze, the clear lid to keep an eye on the progress. The flexibility of automatic and manual programs, caters for all cooks. The FP is brilliant for slicing, grating and chopping. Anyone looking for a Thermo cooker needs to look no further.

4 of 7 pages

Hi, is it possible to cook to precise temperatures for tasks such as tempering chocolate, sous vide, and boiling sugar syrups to various degrees celsius etc? Thanks!

Aere F asked on Jul 17, 2018

Answer this

Hi Aere, yes you can as it is induction heated. We recommend for precise cooking to use a temperature probe and increase or decrease temperature as needed. Iniductio heating is one of the most accurate ways to cook and can be altered 1 degree at a time.

I have not attempted to temper chocolate and I doubt I ever will. I know there are precise manual setting and therefore theoretically it should be possible. Obviously contacting Magimix will be the best way to find out. Nonetheless, I am interested and curious enough to consult the manual to find out! Thank you for drawing my attention to it.

Hi,
Yes you can. Use the expert program and you can set it to whatever temperature u want, the time and how slow or fast u want it stirred. That is the beauty about magimix !!!

Hi can you tell me what the inside of the metal bowl of the cook expert is made out of please? It looks a bit like aluminium??

Matilda berry asked on Jul 12, 2018

Hi Matilda berry,

The entire bowl is thermal insulated stainless steel. Heavy duty and double walled, so will not rust. The inside is matt, not the gloss finish of the outside, perhaps that’s why you think it looks like aluminium, but I can assure you it’s not, it’s def stainless steel.

Rgds
Kat

Awesome news. I bought one a few days ago and my builder son was convinced it’s aluminim which was a bit of a worry. Much relief thank you.

I assume it is stainless steel, I would be surprised if it was aluminium! It has not occurred to me it could be given the health implications. It might be a good question. I’ll have to do research!

I recently purchased a Magimix Patissier, but for some reason when putting the metal bowl onto the base, it is very difficult to click into place. Even my husband struggled. Once he finally clicked it in, trying the remove the bowl was just as difficult. Am I missing something? I went to Kitchen warehouse to ask the ladies there and they happened to have two on display. So they tried to click the bowl into place but they too found it extremely difficult. In fact, they couldn’t do it! Does the machine have to be switched on for the bowl to fit onto the base properly? I had no problems with the plastic bowl. Hope someone has a simple answer? Thanks. Gina

Gina asked on May 22, 2018

Answer this

Hi Gina, I experienced the issue your refer to once only, the first time I used it because I did not approach the bowl click from the designed direction. This is most likely the source of your problem. No the machine does not need to be switched on to fit the bowl. You are advised to follow the directions in the instruction booklet precisely because this wonderful product has been designed so the bowl fits using only one direction. It is left to right. It will not work using the other direction. The same applies to the lid. Both slide into place seamlessly.
The women at Ktichen Warehouse were obviously not familiar with the product! This is surprising given they sell it! It would be unlikely for so many machines to be faulty!
If this does not work fitting it the correct way, then your product is faulty. You will be entitled to a replacement or refund.
I trust this makes a difference, S

Hi Gina,

Fitting the main metal bowl and clicking it into place should not be difficult at all. The handle needs to be about an inch or so left of 6 o'clock( if that makes sense), and then it's a simple push to the right to lock it in place. If you've got issues with this then check the conversion/induction plate (thick black plate that sits on the motor base). If yours is like mine it will have two padlocks, locked and unlocked. The locked padlock needs to be in line with the little reset button on the base, which is in line with and above the [Auto] button on the control panel, essentially at 6 o'clock again. If it's not then potential issue #1.
Also, on the bottom of the main metal bowl (mine is different as I have a universal blade and a solid washer that locks it from the underside ), do you have anything that unscrews/opens (i.e. to aid cleaning), as potentially this may not be in place and causing an issue with fitting and removing the bowl when it's on the plate that sits atop the motor base?

If it's removing that's only the problem, then if the Patissier bowl is similar to the metal bowl in the Cook Expert (and I think it is, albeit the dimensions are different), then I would imagine the safety locking mechanism is the same, which means it's not an issue with it being plugged in to power (whether turned on or off) but rather the lid has to be on and in the unlock (or near unlock) position for bowl removal. This locking mechanism is a fail-safe of sorts. I know if I don't have the lid just left of 'locking centre' or completely unlocked, then my bowl doesn't want to budge. If I force it, it will, but I'm not about forcing and potentially breaking something I've spent $2k on :). I've 'accidentally' done th s with the transparent bowl combination feed tube/lid, i.e. forced it open several times and each time I hear that crunch of a click I cringe and think "unlock it properly woman!".

That's all I can offer, along with ... I hope you purchased it from a reputable retailer as they'll need to contact Magimix for you. With others I've spoken to that have one, they've never had an issue. Hope it works out for you.

KK

Many thanks for your response Kitty Kat! I’ll see if that works. I also thought maybe the point of where the handle clicks into place just needed some CRC or oil as it was so stiff. The lady at Magimix said that was fine as long as I didn’t get any CRC or oil into the motor. Anyway I’ll try anything! Thanks once again.

Gina