Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Best kitchen appliance I've ever owned!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2016

Believe the hype! I love my Magimix and the way it has reignited my love for cooking. I was worried that the novelty would wear off after a few weeks, but this hasn't been the case so far - with the machine getting daily use. It excels at anything that involves regular stirring, like risotto, custards, sauces, porridge etc. My children love the porridge from the Magimix - it is so creamy and well cooked that they no longer ask for sugar or honey to be added. I haven't used the food processor all that much yet (having never owned one before I'm not used to cooking things that require a food processor), but the few times I've used it to grate cheese, make mince, slice vegies etc, I have been impressed. The machine is easy to clean - I love the rinsing program - but my one gripe is that the seal on the lid etc does tend to retain odours (from onion, heavily spiced curries etc). To be fair, I think this problem would apply to any of these types of machines, not just the Magimix, and I am pregnant so have a very sensitive nose at present! I was initially worried by the price, but this is a quality machine that I know will be with me for many, many years it come.

Date Purchased: May 2016

Supurb Quality and Design

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2016

The Magimix Cook Expert has renewed my love of cooking. I love the large size bowl, for cooking up soups and sauces to freeze, the clear lid to keep an eye on the progress. The flexibility of automatic and manual programs, caters for all cooks. The FP is brilliant for slicing, grating and chopping. Anyone looking for a Thermo cooker needs to look no further.

Purchased at: Myer

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

This is so much better than the thermomix.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2016

Amazing quality!! So many more functions than my old machine!! Happy that I have a food processor and master cook in one!! I love the easy clean base!! After owning a thermomux I am glad to make the change! Thanks Magimix for creating a fantastic product that I am confident to use.

Melbourne

• 2 comments
  • 5 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Fantastic addition to the kitchen!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2016

The Magimix Cook Expert does everything it says it will! Certainly worth the money! It make fantastic risotto ; saves so much time and comes out perfectly. It's a real time saver in the kitchen! Last but certainly not least - its a fun machine to use.
It whips the eggs whites for Fav's perfectly!!
We do have a problem with the spatular ; the rubber head doesn't stay on and keeps coming off when using it to scare down the bowl.
Would love to see more recipes on the APP, at the moment they are very limited.

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Excellent, convenient appliance!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2016

The Magimix Cook Expert has changed the way we cook dinners as a family. Having a toddler and a baby means we can cook dinner in the one appliance, which is both convenient and safer for our household. The external surface of the Magimix Cook Expert does not get too hot to the touch. The extra large bowl is a massive positive, and was a decisive factor in purchasing the Magimix Cook Expert. It is extremely easy to use and has a range of recipes for all occasions. The automatic cleaning function is convenient and saves time when cleaning up after and during cooking.

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Magimix - a lifestyle change

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2016

We've had our Magimix for two weeks and the difference it's made to to our family is amazing.
After school sporting commitments often meant giving in to the fast food easy dinner option.
Now cooking with ease, with the Magimix we are coming home to beautiful meals with healthy ingredients that even my children will eat.

Purchased at: TVSN (TV Shopping Network)

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

amazing. best appliance i have

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2016

I was a little nervous when i bought this whether it would be difficult to use. the more i use it the more i love it. easy to use. has made me branch out with my cooking. creamed soup is still one of my favourite functions still. I really can't imagine not having it now it has made meal times so much easier and the kids love the variety.

Purchased at: Myer

Excellent machine, highly recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2016

I considered most of the thermal cooking machines currently in the marketplace and decided on the Magimix. I am so please I purchased this one, not only a cooking machine but a food processor as well. One appliance does so much, and so effortlessly, I have used most of the functions and it works as it should. Fantastic for main meals, steamer is great and the rinse cycle is the best. I had a basic model thermo cooker previously and the cleaning was not as easy as this. Very simple to give a rinse between dishes and use again, just a final wash up at the end. The best...

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2016

After a lot of research I purchased the Magimix Cook Expert in August this year. Selling points for me were the glass lid, stainless steel steamer, the extra large bowl and quality food processor. I love the convenience of placing all the ingredients in and walking away! The frozen dessert and soup functions are great for this. The cleaning function also makes it super easy to clean.

• 1 review
  • 1 question

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

A thermo cooker with a food processor...GENIUS!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2016

I really did my research before buying a Thermo Cooker. The Magimix Cook Expert stood out as a clear winner for me for so many reasons. Firstly it has a 30 year warranty....yes 30! My mother has owned a Magimix Food Processor for over 30 years, and it's still going as strong as the day she bought it! It has induction cooking in increments of 1 degree, so I can achieve Sous Vide cooking! I can temper chocolate, I can make a loaf of bread in less than 2 hours from kneading to proving to cooking. then above all else I have the food processor which makes preparing coleslaw a breeze and I use the small bowl to make fresh pesto and also homemade mayonnaise! I also love the self cleaning function, so no matter what I've made in the Cook Expert, I just do the rinsing program and then do a final rinse under the sink, then wipe dry. The after sales service I have received from Magimix has also been commendable, they are extremely professional and easy to deal with. I can't recommend this product highly enough.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Great for Working Mum's

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2016

With the Food Processor you can dice, slice, grate all your vegetables for the week which makes preparing the evening meal a breeze when you get in from work. Make your own Pasta sauces with just a little oil in the metal bowl of the Cook Expert add the vegetables of your choice along with a couple of tin of crushed tomatoes or fresh if you have them and run the Creamed Soup Program. Your kids will get their vegetables without knowing and you will be one proud Mum for having made those pasta sauces from scratch. Love the steaming function of the Cook Expert as well as the rinse function which makes cleaning the bowl a breeze.

Purchased at: Peter's of Kensington

Melbourne

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2016

One stop cooking pot...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2016

Awesome machine, I use to burn my caramel sauce, now I just put my ingredients in, set and afterwards perfect caramel sauce. I've used the magi mix to make a range of other goodies. Eclairs, churro's.
This machine is great, we now use it as a food processor too. Can't fault it.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Solid and well made

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2016

We did our research on a number of similar devices and have been very happy with our purchase. The magimix is quieter than most of the competitors, and has a large bowl. While it may not be the magical device that will do all the cooking for you we have found that it makes things a lot easier to do.
Our only criticisms is that the software apps that go with it need to be improved in reliability.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2016

A fantastic machine that has made every day healthy cooking so much easier!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2016

I purchased this machine back in July after considering a competitor's product. I absolutely made the right choice for myself and my family!

The machine comes with an unparalleled 30 year (or 1000 hour use) warranty on the motor and three years on parts and accessories and this was for a me a deciding factor in purchasing this machine over the competitor's product. With this, the Magimix comes with a 2.5l bowl which I felt would be more suitable to my large family. Magimix is a trusted brand that has been around for decades and this machine doesn't disappoint. In the short amount of time I have owned it I have made foods that before I wouldn't have attempted, for example chocolate eclairs, from scratch.

As a busy mum of three small children, I purchased the machine to save me time and also ensure that my children were eating food that was additive free and healthy. I now make all my own school lunchbox snacks. I use my machine on a daily basis for things like bread/pizza dough which is ready in 2 minutes and then requires proving, which can even be done in the bowl if the weather isn't great.

The machine comes with 12 built in programs and of these I would say that on a weekly basis I use the creamed soup (smoothest soup I've tasted and so quick, put in your veggies, water and stock and set the program off and in 30 minutes, soup!), bread/pastry, frozen dessert and smoothie programs quite regularly. The 'expert' mode allows you to be in control of the speed/temperature/time of your cooking which, initially, I was afraid to use. However, I quickly became confident in using this mode and now use this mode daily.

The machine also comes with a separate food processor bowl attachment and blade, so essentially you also get a Magimix food processor included. This alone is a standout piece of kitchen equipment and something which I love to use. I use the food processor to make cupcake/muffin mixture in less than thirty seconds, I make bliss balls and am able to scrape out every last bit of mixture from the bowl as the blade is easily removable and I have even made my own washing powder in the food processor!!

All parts are dishwasher safe which is a big plus for me, I don't have the time or patience to stand at the sink and scrub. Having said that, there is also a built in 'Rinse' function on the main machine. When you have finished cooking simply put in some warm water and a few drops of dishwashing liquid and in a minute you have a clean bowl! Easy! This is a great feature if you are wanting to use the bowl frequently in one day / meal time or when doing a big 'cook-up.'

An example meal which my children eat weekly would be:

Pizza with dough and pizza base sauce both made easily and quickly in the main machine (I can hide an insane amount of veggies in the pizza base sauce and the kids don't have a clue)
Homemade Chips - made using my dicing/french fry attachment (purchased separately) in the food processor
Veggies - cut up using the same food processor attachment
Banana Ice Cream for dessert - simply frozen bananas (or any other frozen fruit) and a spoonful of greek yoghurt made using the Frozen Dessert program.

I use both the cook book that comes with the machine, the app and the competitor's well known online recipe collection as my main source for recipes. I can easily convert recipes from the competitor's product to suit the capabilities of the Magimix Cook Expert and have had successful results every time. There is also a Facebook group (Magimix Cook Expert Tips & Tricks) where advice, support and recipes are posted too (lots of lovely people in this group).

This machine will replace so many gadgets in your kitchen and looks stylish on the bench in the range of colours on offer also. I even use it to make my hot chocolate and my husband makes his coffee in it too, you can make a nice frothy mug of coffee!

The machine is excellent quality and is very sturdy, there's no wobbling or falling off the bench when it chops up ice, even on the highest speed setting it remains firmly in place! It also has an optional 'beep' which you can adjust the volume of (or turn off completely) for when cooking has ended or you need to do another step in your recipe. The clear glass lid enables you to see what is cooking and watch the process so you can ensure your mousse isn't over-whipped etc. My children also like to watch what is happening at each stage of our recipe.

If you aren't convinced, go to a demo or watch one on TV, it is an awesome machine that has really enabled me to easily and quickly make healthy meals from scratch for my family and it really is so easy to use. You won't be disappointed!

Purchased at: General Trader

Adelaide

• 1 answer
  • 8 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Glad I chose this machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2016

I chose the Magimix Cook Expert after doing a lot of research on all these types of machines. Some of the points that sold me on the Cook Expert were the stainless steel and glass lid and stainless steel steamer (I don't like plastic), the induction heating, the proper food processor, the large size double wall bowl, the sturdy feel and the quality reputation of this brand. I have a family of 5 and like to cook from scratch, and my main motivation to purchase the Cook Expert was to save me some time in the kitchen, and also make it easier to turn out a quality meal, even on a busy weeknight when coming and going to after school activities. I have had my machine for a couple of weeks and I do not regret buying this machine at all. It is very easy to use and clean (the cleaning program does a great job) which is a huge plus for me. I have used it every day, and tried making quite a few different things so far, and the results have been excellent. Each turned out as they should and tasted great. The food processor is top quality and I use this all the time as it is such a time saver. I like that the different size bowls offer a range of capabilities and they work very well for the different tasks they are designed for.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

ACT

• 2 questions
  • 4 answers
  • 10 helpful votes

Impressed .....

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2016

I first heard about the magimix cook expert while reading Flore Vallery-Radot's blog (www.theflowshow.com). At that time cook expert wasn't available in Australia but I was fairly impressed with the machine and her review.

When I read that the cook expert was finally coming to Australia, i tried looking up reviews everywhere, but had little luck. I decided to take the plunge and buy it anyway but at a price tag above $2000 my husband wasn't that happy. His argument being that I didn't know if it was any good or not and secondly I already have every kitchen appliance available in the market (I have two bread makers and I don't even eat bread).

After having it for 4 months, I can honestly say my husband uses it more than I do :). I have used it for making mashed potato ( which come out excellent), curry, cake, hummus, falafel including many other things. I even melted chocolate in it once, no more standing in front of the stove and melting chocolate in a bain marie for me :).

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Upgraded from Magimix FP and love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2016

I love my new CE. Have had a Magimix food processor for 10 years and can't do without it. Completed a thorough review between the Thermomix and the Cook Expert when I overworked the shaft on the existing food processor and decided on the CE. Couldn't be happier with my choice. Already loved the food processor and now have the benefit of being able to cook curries, rice, smoothies, steam desserts, vegetables and fish. Still a novice so learning more everyday. My only slight frustration is how many buttons you need to press on the electronic display for time, temperature and speed, but no doubt will get more proficient at this. Very easy to clean with the fabulous rinse function. Would recommend it as very sturdy stainless steel double walled bowl and 30 year warranty on the motor.

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Perfect addition to the kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2016

I have cooked all my life from scratch and I have had a number of people try and convince me to but a thermomix. I was not convince because everything they described the machine could do, I could do with a pot, pans, basic kitchen tools and an stove top for a fraction of the price. Then I heard about the cook expert. I conducted some research online, joined facebook groups reading all the comments. I eventually purchase the cook expert hoping I would not regret it. I did not. The cook expert is an extra tool to make life easier. It save time and complements all methods of cooking. Even my nineteen old son is using the cook expert more and more often.

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Fantastic piece of kit

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2016

To get one appliance that can be a great magimix, but also be able to cook. It remove multiple equipment from kitchen giving more room and work great. I made cake, currys, soups, bread steaming fish and much more. I have found it extremely useful and use it most days. thanks magimix

Tamborine Mountain

Fabulous kitchen appliance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2016

The Cook Expert makes the most amazing soups, best bread ever, curries, smooth sauces, homemade pasta, desserts etc. I find the steamer very useful and use it most days. Another plus factor is the double wall stainless steel bowl which keeps food warm for over an hour. Another feature I love is the use of stainless steel in the steamer.
The Food Processor is so precise and quick, it has 3 bowls, I use the medium bowl for preparing my fruit and veggies . The small bowl is great for grinding, dips, curry paste and pesto. The large bowl is great for making cakes, grinding almonds etc
I find the Cook Expert very easy to clean, there is an automatic rinse function which is really handy.
It is the most fabulous kitchen appliance.

5 of 7 pages

Does anyone have reviews of the dicing kit that you can buy to use with the cook expert? Is it easy to use?

GJEG asked on Nov 11, 2018

Answer this

I have dicing kit, and yes, is easy to use. Importantly, easy to clean too. Have found that best with crisp things, not so much with softer or spongy things like some pumpkin. I have a Kenwood one too, and as much as I love the Kenwood, the Magimix one is easier to clean, although the Kenwood will do endless quantities. If you do not have a Magimix Cook Expert, strongly advise to get one. It seems way superior to other thermo-cook offerings (yes, I used to have a Thermomix, it was good but sold it years ago as at end of day seems best for its target market of women who have no idea - and for that it does well). For serious functionality and quality, Cook Expert is way above the other contenders.

How good can this make: -mill flour -make icing sugar out of raw sugar -ice cream? How good can it saute onion/brown meat? Are the recipes as easy to follow as Thermomix's?And do the recipes turn out OK?

C Code asked on Sep 22, 2018

Answer this

Icing sugar is a Thermomix sales gimmick. Any blender has been able to do this for years (well I have since the 80's, in a Kenwood). To mill flour, best done with a flour mill attachment, although Thermomix does a good job with small quantities (and while wearing ear-muffs). Ice cream, properly made, needs to have a custard made (Thermomix can do this, although inevitably a bit of a scrub needed - things stick to its small conventionally heated base) and is best churned in an ice-cream churn (that Magimix doesn't offer nor Thermomix is ever going to be suitable for). Magimix can saute and brown, which Thermomix is unsuited to with its small base and low maximum temperature, let alone always rotating blades. For serious and best results, who needs a kitchen machine when a pot or pan on a hotplate works entirely well? The question about recipes is revealing as Thermomix is marketed to people who haven't got a clue about cooking. Thermomix will do more than the built-in recipes, and can actually be a useful kitchen-hand, but the company seems to target the clueless and ignore its actual usefulness. Magimix also caters to people without a clue, but excels with cooks who do have a clue and use it to assist in favourite recipes. But yes, recipes promoted my Magimix are entirely good.

I want to be sure that it is for me. Do you have a machine on loan or rental? I am more than happy to pay deposit and/or rental fee

L Lee asked on Sep 06, 2018

Hi L,
Sorry I don’t have it on rental. It’s for my personal use. But it’s worth asking around or doing a bit of research on it if you are unsure cause it a huge investment. But I am loving it even my kids use it as it’s child friendly too. All the best.

Regards
Angel

It would be sensible to contact a rental company for this kind of request. Have you forgotten the cost of transporting it and the fact those who own one, use it?

Hi L,

Most people who post here have it for personal use, therefore unless you are willing to pay a $2000 deposit (so they can buy another should they not receive theirs back) I am sure you won't find the answer you're looking for. Being we are not companies, we do not have the liability insurance to cover the cost of the appliance should we not receive it back in the same condition it was 'rented out'. Surely you understand this.

KK