Date Purchased: Aug 2016

amazing. best appliance i have

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2016

I was a little nervous when i bought this whether it would be difficult to use. the more i use it the more i love it. easy to use. has made me branch out with my cooking. creamed soup is still one of my favourite functions still. I really can't imagine not having it now it has made meal times so much easier and the kids love the variety.

Excellent machine, highly recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2016

I considered most of the thermal cooking machines currently in the marketplace and decided on the Magimix. I am so please I purchased this one, not only a cooking machine but a food processor as well. One appliance does so much, and so effortlessly, I have used most of the functions and it works as it should. Fantastic for main meals, steamer is great and the rinse cycle is the best. I had a basic model thermo cooker previously and the cleaning was not as easy as this. Very simple to give a rinse between dishes and use again, just a final wash up at the end. The best...

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2016

After a lot of research I purchased the Magimix Cook Expert in August this year. Selling points for me were the glass lid, stainless steel steamer, the extra large bowl and quality food processor. I love the convenience of placing all the ingredients in and walking away! The frozen dessert and soup functions are great for this. The cleaning function also makes it super easy to clean.

• 1 question

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

A thermo cooker with a food processor...GENIUS!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2016

I really did my research before buying a Thermo Cooker. The Magimix Cook Expert stood out as a clear winner for me for so many reasons. Firstly it has a 30 year warranty....yes 30! My mother has owned a Magimix Food Processor for over 30 years, and it's still going as strong as the day she bought it! It has induction cooking in increments of 1 degree, so I can achieve Sous Vide cooking! I can temper chocolate, I can make a loaf of bread in less than 2 hours from kneading to proving to cooking. then above all else I have the food processor which makes preparing coleslaw a breeze and I use the small bowl to make fresh pesto and also homemade mayonnaise! I also love the self cleaning function, so no matter what I've made in the Cook Expert, I just do the rinsing program and then do a final rinse under the sink, then wipe dry. The after sales service I have received from Magimix has also been commendable, they are extremely professional and easy to deal with. I can't recommend this product highly enough.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Great for Working Mum's

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2016

With the Food Processor you can dice, slice, grate all your vegetables for the week which makes preparing the evening meal a breeze when you get in from work. Make your own Pasta sauces with just a little oil in the metal bowl of the Cook Expert add the vegetables of your choice along with a couple of tin of crushed tomatoes or fresh if you have them and run the Creamed Soup Program. Your kids will get their vegetables without knowing and you will be one proud Mum for having made those pasta sauces from scratch. Love the steaming function of the Cook Expert as well as the rinse function which makes cleaning the bowl a breeze.

Purchased at: Peter's of Kensington

Melbourne

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2016

One stop cooking pot...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2016

Awesome machine, I use to burn my caramel sauce, now I just put my ingredients in, set and afterwards perfect caramel sauce. I've used the magi mix to make a range of other goodies. Eclairs, churro's.
This machine is great, we now use it as a food processor too. Can't fault it.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Solid and well made

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2016

We did our research on a number of similar devices and have been very happy with our purchase. The magimix is quieter than most of the competitors, and has a large bowl. While it may not be the magical device that will do all the cooking for you we have found that it makes things a lot easier to do.
Our only criticisms is that the software apps that go with it need to be improved in reliability.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2016

A fantastic machine that has made every day healthy cooking so much easier!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2016

I purchased this machine back in July after considering a competitor's product. I absolutely made the right choice for myself and my family!

The machine comes with an unparalleled 30 year (or 1000 hour use) warranty on the motor and three years on parts and accessories and this was for a me a deciding factor in purchasing this machine over the competitor's product. With this, the Magimix comes with a 2.5l bowl which I felt would be more suitable to my large family. Magimix is a trusted brand that has been around for decades and this machine doesn't disappoint. In the short amount of time I have owned it I have made foods that before I wouldn't have attempted, for example chocolate eclairs, from scratch.

As a busy mum of three small children, I purchased the machine to save me time and also ensure that my children were eating food that was additive free and healthy. I now make all my own school lunchbox snacks. I use my machine on a daily basis for things like bread/pizza dough which is ready in 2 minutes and then requires proving, which can even be done in the bowl if the weather isn't great.

The machine comes with 12 built in programs and of these I would say that on a weekly basis I use the creamed soup (smoothest soup I've tasted and so quick, put in your veggies, water and stock and set the program off and in 30 minutes, soup!), bread/pastry, frozen dessert and smoothie programs quite regularly. The 'expert' mode allows you to be in control of the speed/temperature/time of your cooking which, initially, I was afraid to use. However, I quickly became confident in using this mode and now use this mode daily.

The machine also comes with a separate food processor bowl attachment and blade, so essentially you also get a Magimix food processor included. This alone is a standout piece of kitchen equipment and something which I love to use. I use the food processor to make cupcake/muffin mixture in less than thirty seconds, I make bliss balls and am able to scrape out every last bit of mixture from the bowl as the blade is easily removable and I have even made my own washing powder in the food processor!!

All parts are dishwasher safe which is a big plus for me, I don't have the time or patience to stand at the sink and scrub. Having said that, there is also a built in 'Rinse' function on the main machine. When you have finished cooking simply put in some warm water and a few drops of dishwashing liquid and in a minute you have a clean bowl! Easy! This is a great feature if you are wanting to use the bowl frequently in one day / meal time or when doing a big 'cook-up.'

An example meal which my children eat weekly would be:

Pizza with dough and pizza base sauce both made easily and quickly in the main machine (I can hide an insane amount of veggies in the pizza base sauce and the kids don't have a clue)
Homemade Chips - made using my dicing/french fry attachment (purchased separately) in the food processor
Veggies - cut up using the same food processor attachment
Banana Ice Cream for dessert - simply frozen bananas (or any other frozen fruit) and a spoonful of greek yoghurt made using the Frozen Dessert program.

I use both the cook book that comes with the machine, the app and the competitor's well known online recipe collection as my main source for recipes. I can easily convert recipes from the competitor's product to suit the capabilities of the Magimix Cook Expert and have had successful results every time. There is also a Facebook group (Magimix Cook Expert Tips & Tricks) where advice, support and recipes are posted too (lots of lovely people in this group).

This machine will replace so many gadgets in your kitchen and looks stylish on the bench in the range of colours on offer also. I even use it to make my hot chocolate and my husband makes his coffee in it too, you can make a nice frothy mug of coffee!

The machine is excellent quality and is very sturdy, there's no wobbling or falling off the bench when it chops up ice, even on the highest speed setting it remains firmly in place! It also has an optional 'beep' which you can adjust the volume of (or turn off completely) for when cooking has ended or you need to do another step in your recipe. The clear glass lid enables you to see what is cooking and watch the process so you can ensure your mousse isn't over-whipped etc. My children also like to watch what is happening at each stage of our recipe.

If you aren't convinced, go to a demo or watch one on TV, it is an awesome machine that has really enabled me to easily and quickly make healthy meals from scratch for my family and it really is so easy to use. You won't be disappointed!

Purchased at: General Trader

Adelaide

• 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Glad I chose this machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2016

I chose the Magimix Cook Expert after doing a lot of research on all these types of machines. Some of the points that sold me on the Cook Expert were the stainless steel and glass lid and stainless steel steamer (I don't like plastic), the induction heating, the proper food processor, the large size double wall bowl, the sturdy feel and the quality reputation of this brand. I have a family of 5 and like to cook from scratch, and my main motivation to purchase the Cook Expert was to save me some time in the kitchen, and also make it easier to turn out a quality meal, even on a busy weeknight when coming and going to after school activities. I have had my machine for a couple of weeks and I do not regret buying this machine at all. It is very easy to use and clean (the cleaning program does a great job) which is a huge plus for me. I have used it every day, and tried making quite a few different things so far, and the results have been excellent. Each turned out as they should and tasted great. The food processor is top quality and I use this all the time as it is such a time saver. I like that the different size bowls offer a range of capabilities and they work very well for the different tasks they are designed for.

ACT

• 2 questions
  • 4 answers
  • 10 helpful votes

Impressed .....

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2016

I first heard about the magimix cook expert while reading Flore Vallery-Radot's blog (www.theflowshow.com). At that time cook expert wasn't available in Australia but I was fairly impressed with the machine and her review.

When I read that the cook expert was finally coming to Australia, i tried looking up reviews everywhere, but had little luck. I decided to take the plunge and buy it anyway but at a price tag above $2000 my husband wasn't that happy. His argument being that I didn't know if it was any good or not and secondly I already have every kitchen appliance available in the market (I have two bread makers and I don't even eat bread).

After having it for 4 months, I can honestly say my husband uses it more than I do :). I have used it for making mashed potato ( which come out excellent), curry, cake, hummus, falafel including many other things. I even melted chocolate in it once, no more standing in front of the stove and melting chocolate in a bain marie for me :).

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Upgraded from Magimix FP and love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2016

I love my new CE. Have had a Magimix food processor for 10 years and can't do without it. Completed a thorough review between the Thermomix and the Cook Expert when I overworked the shaft on the existing food processor and decided on the CE. Couldn't be happier with my choice. Already loved the food processor and now have the benefit of being able to cook curries, rice, smoothies, steam desserts, vegetables and fish. Still a novice so learning more everyday. My only slight frustration is how many buttons you need to press on the electronic display for time, temperature and speed, but no doubt will get more proficient at this. Very easy to clean with the fabulous rinse function. Would recommend it as very sturdy stainless steel double walled bowl and 30 year warranty on the motor.

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Perfect addition to the kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2016

I have cooked all my life from scratch and I have had a number of people try and convince me to but a thermomix. I was not convince because everything they described the machine could do, I could do with a pot, pans, basic kitchen tools and an stove top for a fraction of the price. Then I heard about the cook expert. I conducted some research online, joined facebook groups reading all the comments. I eventually purchase the cook expert hoping I would not regret it. I did not. The cook expert is an extra tool to make life easier. It save time and complements all methods of cooking. Even my nineteen old son is using the cook expert more and more often.

Fantastic piece of kit

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2016

To get one appliance that can be a great magimix, but also be able to cook. It remove multiple equipment from kitchen giving more room and work great. I made cake, currys, soups, bread steaming fish and much more. I have found it extremely useful and use it most days. thanks magimix

Tamborine Mountain

Fabulous kitchen appliance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2016

The Cook Expert makes the most amazing soups, best bread ever, curries, smooth sauces, homemade pasta, desserts etc. I find the steamer very useful and use it most days. Another plus factor is the double wall stainless steel bowl which keeps food warm for over an hour. Another feature I love is the use of stainless steel in the steamer.
The Food Processor is so precise and quick, it has 3 bowls, I use the medium bowl for preparing my fruit and veggies . The small bowl is great for grinding, dips, curry paste and pesto. The large bowl is great for making cakes, grinding almonds etc
I find the Cook Expert very easy to clean, there is an automatic rinse function which is really handy.
It is the most fabulous kitchen appliance.

sydney

• 1 comment

Date Purchased: May 2016

My personal kitchen assistant

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2016

I decided on the Magimix Cook Expert due to my trust in the magimix brand, the induction cooking, the double walled cooking bowl, the all-metal cooking and steaming surfaces as well as the versatility of the complete food processor attachment.
I am so happy with the machine. I have made some amazing dishes in it that I would never have attempted without it. The food processor is AMAZING! So powerful.
My only cobcern is that the plastic food processor bowl has become cloudy over time, this doesn't affect how it works, I just wish it looked all pretty and new still.

Perth

All in one Kitchen Wonder

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2016

The Cook Expert surpassed my expectations. It's simple to use and create fresh tasty meals. Quick and easy soups have been a family favourite this winter. Just add fresh ingredients, set the time, set temperature and speed. It'll turn itself off. The self clean option is a bonus. The food processor is fantastic.
It was worthwhile going to the Kitchen demonstration with Adrian. Highly recommend.

Purchased at: Kitchen Warehouse

Sydney

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Very happy with the purchase

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2016

Has been using the cook expert to steam, cook cream soup, rice pilaf, mix up cake batter and making frozen banana ice cream.
It's super fast and efficient at the tasks and done almost hands free. The food processor is powerful and comes with a large capacity, the speed of chopping is amazing. The cook expert's double wall keep food warm for hours and the rinse function makes cleaner so much easier. Highly recommended.

Adelaide

• 2 answers

Date Purchased: May 2016

No buyers regrets here!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2016

I have had another Thermo cooker for a couple of years but am extremely happy with my Magimix CE ! Love that it comes with the food processor , which in itself is amazing . The big steel bowl is generous in size& doesn't Mash up the food as it cooks ..& being insulated, keeping it hot after cooking for several hours is added bonus !
I do wish there was more everyday sort of recipes in the cookbook tho & often I have to cook it for longer than recipe states .
Great warranty!
All in all this is an amazing appliance that I use every day !

Purchased at: General Trader

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Amazing machine highly recommend I was about to buy a thermomix so so glad I bought the magimix cook

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2016

My son has extremely bad allergies no wheat gluten dairy soy and eggs so we looked into getting something to help us be able to make his food from scratch. I had my heart set on buying a thermomix as all my friends have one and raved about them and what they could do and how easy they were to use. My husband told me about the magimix. Of course I knew the name well they are known for having the most amazing food processors (which I was looking at getting with a thermomix) so I did some research and watched every video online that there is!
When I looked at the difference between the cook expert and the thermomix... the expert has a larger thermo bowl, 30yr motor warranty, made In France, a well known brand that had been around for decades, the fact that you were getting two machines in one was amazing! You can get heaps of accessories and also replacement parts, a full huge food processor with XL feed tube, a glass top on the thermo bowl so you could actually see what it was doing, those were just some of the selling points for me

I am so very happy with my machine I have had it just on a month and have made sooooo many things with it with such ease!

To have a full large food processor that has so many different attachments is also what sets it apart from a thermomix. But don't worry for all those thermo lovers like I was It is simple and easy to adapt any of the thermomix recipes.

I love how you can do for example a chocolate tart make the base in the food processor take the bowl off put on the thermo bowl and melt chocolate and add everything needed for the filling and it's done. Love the rinse cycle too I normally rinse out the thermo bowl and then add a little watter and small amount of detergent and put it in rinse and it's perfect everytime!

I have four kids and my husband works away so this has been such a life savour already. I can have dinner finishing off while I'm out picking up kids from school or at netball practice etc and make raw veggie snacks for school look cool and fun with the creative kit.

The magimix team are wonderful they are so helpful with any problems or hints you need and are based here in Australia! Love that!

The only thing that I would love to see as an improvement is a pouring lip on the thermo bowl but if that's all I have to complain about really it's pretty awesome!

I bought it in black and love it! Highly recommend getting one you won't regret it! I would replace mine in a second best purchase I have ever made as far as kitchen appliances go!
Thanks magimix!!

Purchased at: TVSN (TV Shopping Network)

Large family

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2016

Looked at every appliance available but decided this was for our family of 7) super large capacity quiet no beeping continuously when finished and what sold me the 30 year warranty. Use it every day. Pulls apart so every piece is easy to clean. Love the different sizes of the food processor attachments and all the extra options available to add on.

5 of 7 pages

I have a smaller family and am often making meals for just one or two people? Whats the minimum that can be cooked? Could I make just 1-2 cups custard for example? Or just one smoothie?

Suse asked on Jul 17, 2017

Answer this

The average serving of custard for 1, is one cup per serve. A child under 4 years of age will be satisfied, over 4 they are asking for seconds. Please take a look at the recipes in the grand recipe book and you will notice the recipes are usually catering for up to 6 people; my advice is to cut the recipes in half. Smoothies are the same, children will drink two sweet smoothies compared to one vegetable one; so add green leafy vegetables to the fruit ones. They keep in the fridge for the whole day, therefore they are not discarded, and your child has the benefit of a healthy drink in the morning and afternoon. I have whisked one egg white and was surprised at the volume of meringue it made.
Any of the main meal recipes can be halved to suffice the smaller family. Enjoy your learning, as time moves on your meals will grow.

I have a small family too and can definitely do smaller quantities. I personally prefer to make a large quantity and freeze batches (soups etc) but it could do a 500 ml quantity of smoothie or custard.

I'm with Terri...I like to do large batches and freeze. The machine will do small quantities as Maggie says. It's a kitchen assistant ...you can use it anyway you want.

Hi. What's the coating like inside the bowl? Does anyone find their food getting stuck to the bowl? Also, can you clean it in the dishwasher? Thanks

Natalia asked on Mar 26, 2017

Answer this

The coating on the bowl is like a satin finish, not gloss or matte. Easy as anything to clean. I have cooked custard, gravy, lemon butter, risotto, all of which used to stick on my old thermochef but this is a dream. Nothing burns or sticks. Apparently this is because it is induction. Also brilliant to make your gravy a bit ahead of time and leave it in there till you need it because it's insulated.

Do it weigh your ingredients when you add them?

Lin K asked on Feb 11, 2017

Answer this

no it doesn't weigh as you add but it comes with separate scales, I just weigh before I put in.

See all 10 questions about Magimix Cook Expert 7CO18900A