Date Purchased: Jul 2016

This is so much better than the thermomix.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2016

Amazing quality!! So many more functions than my old machine!! Happy that I have a food processor and master cook in one!! I love the easy clean base!! After owning a thermomux I am glad to make the change! Thanks Magimix for creating a fantastic product that I am confident to use.

Melbourne

• 2 comments
  • 5 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Fantastic addition to the kitchen!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2016

The Magimix Cook Expert does everything it says it will! Certainly worth the money! It make fantastic risotto ; saves so much time and comes out perfectly. It's a real time saver in the kitchen! Last but certainly not least - its a fun machine to use.
It whips the eggs whites for Fav's perfectly!!
We do have a problem with the spatular ; the rubber head doesn't stay on and keeps coming off when using it to scare down the bowl.
Would love to see more recipes on the APP, at the moment they are very limited.

Excellent, convenient appliance!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2016

The Magimix Cook Expert has changed the way we cook dinners as a family. Having a toddler and a baby means we can cook dinner in the one appliance, which is both convenient and safer for our household. The external surface of the Magimix Cook Expert does not get too hot to the touch. The extra large bowl is a massive positive, and was a decisive factor in purchasing the Magimix Cook Expert. It is extremely easy to use and has a range of recipes for all occasions. The automatic cleaning function is convenient and saves time when cleaning up after and during cooking.

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Magimix - a lifestyle change

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2016

We've had our Magimix for two weeks and the difference it's made to to our family is amazing.
After school sporting commitments often meant giving in to the fast food easy dinner option.
Now cooking with ease, with the Magimix we are coming home to beautiful meals with healthy ingredients that even my children will eat.

Purchased at: TVSN (TV Shopping Network)

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

amazing. best appliance i have

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2016

I was a little nervous when i bought this whether it would be difficult to use. the more i use it the more i love it. easy to use. has made me branch out with my cooking. creamed soup is still one of my favourite functions still. I really can't imagine not having it now it has made meal times so much easier and the kids love the variety.

Purchased at: Myer

Excellent machine, highly recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2016

I considered most of the thermal cooking machines currently in the marketplace and decided on the Magimix. I am so please I purchased this one, not only a cooking machine but a food processor as well. One appliance does so much, and so effortlessly, I have used most of the functions and it works as it should. Fantastic for main meals, steamer is great and the rinse cycle is the best. I had a basic model thermo cooker previously and the cleaning was not as easy as this. Very simple to give a rinse between dishes and use again, just a final wash up at the end. The best...

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2016

After a lot of research I purchased the Magimix Cook Expert in August this year. Selling points for me were the glass lid, stainless steel steamer, the extra large bowl and quality food processor. I love the convenience of placing all the ingredients in and walking away! The frozen dessert and soup functions are great for this. The cleaning function also makes it super easy to clean.

• 1 review
  • 1 question

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

A thermo cooker with a food processor...GENIUS!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2016

I really did my research before buying a Thermo Cooker. The Magimix Cook Expert stood out as a clear winner for me for so many reasons. Firstly it has a 30 year warranty....yes 30! My mother has owned a Magimix Food Processor for over 30 years, and it's still going as strong as the day she bought it! It has induction cooking in increments of 1 degree, so I can achieve Sous Vide cooking! I can temper chocolate, I can make a loaf of bread in less than 2 hours from kneading to proving to cooking. then above all else I have the food processor which makes preparing coleslaw a breeze and I use the small bowl to make fresh pesto and also homemade mayonnaise! I also love the self cleaning function, so no matter what I've made in the Cook Expert, I just do the rinsing program and then do a final rinse under the sink, then wipe dry. The after sales service I have received from Magimix has also been commendable, they are extremely professional and easy to deal with. I can't recommend this product highly enough.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Great for Working Mum's

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2016

With the Food Processor you can dice, slice, grate all your vegetables for the week which makes preparing the evening meal a breeze when you get in from work. Make your own Pasta sauces with just a little oil in the metal bowl of the Cook Expert add the vegetables of your choice along with a couple of tin of crushed tomatoes or fresh if you have them and run the Creamed Soup Program. Your kids will get their vegetables without knowing and you will be one proud Mum for having made those pasta sauces from scratch. Love the steaming function of the Cook Expert as well as the rinse function which makes cleaning the bowl a breeze.

Purchased at: Peter's of Kensington

Melbourne

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2016

One stop cooking pot...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2016

Awesome machine, I use to burn my caramel sauce, now I just put my ingredients in, set and afterwards perfect caramel sauce. I've used the magi mix to make a range of other goodies. Eclairs, churro's.
This machine is great, we now use it as a food processor too. Can't fault it.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Solid and well made

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2016

We did our research on a number of similar devices and have been very happy with our purchase. The magimix is quieter than most of the competitors, and has a large bowl. While it may not be the magical device that will do all the cooking for you we have found that it makes things a lot easier to do.
Our only criticisms is that the software apps that go with it need to be improved in reliability.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2016

A fantastic machine that has made every day healthy cooking so much easier!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2016

I purchased this machine back in July after considering a competitor's product. I absolutely made the right choice for myself and my family!

The machine comes with an unparalleled 30 year (or 1000 hour use) warranty on the motor and three years on parts and accessories and this was for a me a deciding factor in purchasing this machine over the competitor's product. With this, the Magimix comes with a 2.5l bowl which I felt would be more suitable to my large family. Magimix is a trusted brand that has been around for decades and this machine doesn't disappoint. In the short amount of time I have owned it I have made foods that before I wouldn't have attempted, for example chocolate eclairs, from scratch.

As a busy mum of three small children, I purchased the machine to save me time and also ensure that my children were eating food that was additive free and healthy. I now make all my own school lunchbox snacks. I use my machine on a daily basis for things like bread/pizza dough which is ready in 2 minutes and then requires proving, which can even be done in the bowl if the weather isn't great.

The machine comes with 12 built in programs and of these I would say that on a weekly basis I use the creamed soup (smoothest soup I've tasted and so quick, put in your veggies, water and stock and set the program off and in 30 minutes, soup!), bread/pastry, frozen dessert and smoothie programs quite regularly. The 'expert' mode allows you to be in control of the speed/temperature/time of your cooking which, initially, I was afraid to use. However, I quickly became confident in using this mode and now use this mode daily.

The machine also comes with a separate food processor bowl attachment and blade, so essentially you also get a Magimix food processor included. This alone is a standout piece of kitchen equipment and something which I love to use. I use the food processor to make cupcake/muffin mixture in less than thirty seconds, I make bliss balls and am able to scrape out every last bit of mixture from the bowl as the blade is easily removable and I have even made my own washing powder in the food processor!!

All parts are dishwasher safe which is a big plus for me, I don't have the time or patience to stand at the sink and scrub. Having said that, there is also a built in 'Rinse' function on the main machine. When you have finished cooking simply put in some warm water and a few drops of dishwashing liquid and in a minute you have a clean bowl! Easy! This is a great feature if you are wanting to use the bowl frequently in one day / meal time or when doing a big 'cook-up.'

An example meal which my children eat weekly would be:

Pizza with dough and pizza base sauce both made easily and quickly in the main machine (I can hide an insane amount of veggies in the pizza base sauce and the kids don't have a clue)
Homemade Chips - made using my dicing/french fry attachment (purchased separately) in the food processor
Veggies - cut up using the same food processor attachment
Banana Ice Cream for dessert - simply frozen bananas (or any other frozen fruit) and a spoonful of greek yoghurt made using the Frozen Dessert program.

I use both the cook book that comes with the machine, the app and the competitor's well known online recipe collection as my main source for recipes. I can easily convert recipes from the competitor's product to suit the capabilities of the Magimix Cook Expert and have had successful results every time. There is also a Facebook group (Magimix Cook Expert Tips & Tricks) where advice, support and recipes are posted too (lots of lovely people in this group).

This machine will replace so many gadgets in your kitchen and looks stylish on the bench in the range of colours on offer also. I even use it to make my hot chocolate and my husband makes his coffee in it too, you can make a nice frothy mug of coffee!

The machine is excellent quality and is very sturdy, there's no wobbling or falling off the bench when it chops up ice, even on the highest speed setting it remains firmly in place! It also has an optional 'beep' which you can adjust the volume of (or turn off completely) for when cooking has ended or you need to do another step in your recipe. The clear glass lid enables you to see what is cooking and watch the process so you can ensure your mousse isn't over-whipped etc. My children also like to watch what is happening at each stage of our recipe.

If you aren't convinced, go to a demo or watch one on TV, it is an awesome machine that has really enabled me to easily and quickly make healthy meals from scratch for my family and it really is so easy to use. You won't be disappointed!

Purchased at: General Trader

Adelaide

• 1 answer
  • 7 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Glad I chose this machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2016

I chose the Magimix Cook Expert after doing a lot of research on all these types of machines. Some of the points that sold me on the Cook Expert were the stainless steel and glass lid and stainless steel steamer (I don't like plastic), the induction heating, the proper food processor, the large size double wall bowl, the sturdy feel and the quality reputation of this brand. I have a family of 5 and like to cook from scratch, and my main motivation to purchase the Cook Expert was to save me some time in the kitchen, and also make it easier to turn out a quality meal, even on a busy weeknight when coming and going to after school activities. I have had my machine for a couple of weeks and I do not regret buying this machine at all. It is very easy to use and clean (the cleaning program does a great job) which is a huge plus for me. I have used it every day, and tried making quite a few different things so far, and the results have been excellent. Each turned out as they should and tasted great. The food processor is top quality and I use this all the time as it is such a time saver. I like that the different size bowls offer a range of capabilities and they work very well for the different tasks they are designed for.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

ACT

• 2 questions
  • 4 answers
  • 10 helpful votes

Impressed .....

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2016

I first heard about the magimix cook expert while reading Flore Vallery-Radot's blog (www.theflowshow.com). At that time cook expert wasn't available in Australia but I was fairly impressed with the machine and her review.

When I read that the cook expert was finally coming to Australia, i tried looking up reviews everywhere, but had little luck. I decided to take the plunge and buy it anyway but at a price tag above $2000 my husband wasn't that happy. His argument being that I didn't know if it was any good or not and secondly I already have every kitchen appliance available in the market (I have two bread makers and I don't even eat bread).

After having it for 4 months, I can honestly say my husband uses it more than I do :). I have used it for making mashed potato ( which come out excellent), curry, cake, hummus, falafel including many other things. I even melted chocolate in it once, no more standing in front of the stove and melting chocolate in a bain marie for me :).

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Upgraded from Magimix FP and love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2016

I love my new CE. Have had a Magimix food processor for 10 years and can't do without it. Completed a thorough review between the Thermomix and the Cook Expert when I overworked the shaft on the existing food processor and decided on the CE. Couldn't be happier with my choice. Already loved the food processor and now have the benefit of being able to cook curries, rice, smoothies, steam desserts, vegetables and fish. Still a novice so learning more everyday. My only slight frustration is how many buttons you need to press on the electronic display for time, temperature and speed, but no doubt will get more proficient at this. Very easy to clean with the fabulous rinse function. Would recommend it as very sturdy stainless steel double walled bowl and 30 year warranty on the motor.

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Perfect addition to the kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2016

I have cooked all my life from scratch and I have had a number of people try and convince me to but a thermomix. I was not convince because everything they described the machine could do, I could do with a pot, pans, basic kitchen tools and an stove top for a fraction of the price. Then I heard about the cook expert. I conducted some research online, joined facebook groups reading all the comments. I eventually purchase the cook expert hoping I would not regret it. I did not. The cook expert is an extra tool to make life easier. It save time and complements all methods of cooking. Even my nineteen old son is using the cook expert more and more often.

Fantastic piece of kit

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2016

To get one appliance that can be a great magimix, but also be able to cook. It remove multiple equipment from kitchen giving more room and work great. I made cake, currys, soups, bread steaming fish and much more. I have found it extremely useful and use it most days. thanks magimix

Tamborine Mountain

Fabulous kitchen appliance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2016

The Cook Expert makes the most amazing soups, best bread ever, curries, smooth sauces, homemade pasta, desserts etc. I find the steamer very useful and use it most days. Another plus factor is the double wall stainless steel bowl which keeps food warm for over an hour. Another feature I love is the use of stainless steel in the steamer.
The Food Processor is so precise and quick, it has 3 bowls, I use the medium bowl for preparing my fruit and veggies . The small bowl is great for grinding, dips, curry paste and pesto. The large bowl is great for making cakes, grinding almonds etc
I find the Cook Expert very easy to clean, there is an automatic rinse function which is really handy.
It is the most fabulous kitchen appliance.

sydney

• 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: May 2016

My personal kitchen assistant

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2016

I decided on the Magimix Cook Expert due to my trust in the magimix brand, the induction cooking, the double walled cooking bowl, the all-metal cooking and steaming surfaces as well as the versatility of the complete food processor attachment.
I am so happy with the machine. I have made some amazing dishes in it that I would never have attempted without it. The food processor is AMAZING! So powerful.
My only cobcern is that the plastic food processor bowl has become cloudy over time, this doesn't affect how it works, I just wish it looked all pretty and new still.

Purchased at: Myer

Perth

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

All in one Kitchen Wonder

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2016

The Cook Expert surpassed my expectations. It's simple to use and create fresh tasty meals. Quick and easy soups have been a family favourite this winter. Just add fresh ingredients, set the time, set temperature and speed. It'll turn itself off. The self clean option is a bonus. The food processor is fantastic.
It was worthwhile going to the Kitchen demonstration with Adrian. Highly recommend.

Purchased at: Kitchen Warehouse

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

5 of 7 pages

Hi, is it possible to cook to precise temperatures for tasks such as tempering chocolate, sous vide, and boiling sugar syrups to various degrees celsius etc? Thanks!

Aere F asked on Jul 17, 2018

Answer this

Hi Aere, yes you can as it is induction heated. We recommend for precise cooking to use a temperature probe and increase or decrease temperature as needed. Iniductio heating is one of the most accurate ways to cook and can be altered 1 degree at a time.

I have not attempted to temper chocolate and I doubt I ever will. I know there are precise manual setting and therefore theoretically it should be possible. Obviously contacting Magimix will be the best way to find out. Nonetheless, I am interested and curious enough to consult the manual to find out! Thank you for drawing my attention to it.

Hi,
Yes you can. Use the expert program and you can set it to whatever temperature u want, the time and how slow or fast u want it stirred. That is the beauty about magimix !!!

Hi can you tell me what the inside of the metal bowl of the cook expert is made out of please? It looks a bit like aluminium??

Matilda berry asked on Jul 12, 2018

Hi Matilda berry,

The entire bowl is thermal insulated stainless steel. Heavy duty and double walled, so will not rust. The inside is matt, not the gloss finish of the outside, perhaps that’s why you think it looks like aluminium, but I can assure you it’s not, it’s def stainless steel.

Rgds
Kat

Awesome news. I bought one a few days ago and my builder son was convinced it’s aluminim which was a bit of a worry. Much relief thank you.

I assume it is stainless steel, I would be surprised if it was aluminium! It has not occurred to me it could be given the health implications. It might be a good question. I’ll have to do research!

I recently purchased a Magimix Patissier, but for some reason when putting the metal bowl onto the base, it is very difficult to click into place. Even my husband struggled. Once he finally clicked it in, trying the remove the bowl was just as difficult. Am I missing something? I went to Kitchen warehouse to ask the ladies there and they happened to have two on display. So they tried to click the bowl into place but they too found it extremely difficult. In fact, they couldn’t do it! Does the machine have to be switched on for the bowl to fit onto the base properly? I had no problems with the plastic bowl. Hope someone has a simple answer? Thanks. Gina

Gina asked on May 22, 2018

Answer this

Hi Gina, I experienced the issue your refer to once only, the first time I used it because I did not approach the bowl click from the designed direction. This is most likely the source of your problem. No the machine does not need to be switched on to fit the bowl. You are advised to follow the directions in the instruction booklet precisely because this wonderful product has been designed so the bowl fits using only one direction. It is left to right. It will not work using the other direction. The same applies to the lid. Both slide into place seamlessly.
The women at Ktichen Warehouse were obviously not familiar with the product! This is surprising given they sell it! It would be unlikely for so many machines to be faulty!
If this does not work fitting it the correct way, then your product is faulty. You will be entitled to a replacement or refund.
I trust this makes a difference, S

Hi Gina,

Fitting the main metal bowl and clicking it into place should not be difficult at all. The handle needs to be about an inch or so left of 6 o'clock( if that makes sense), and then it's a simple push to the right to lock it in place. If you've got issues with this then check the conversion/induction plate (thick black plate that sits on the motor base). If yours is like mine it will have two padlocks, locked and unlocked. The locked padlock needs to be in line with the little reset button on the base, which is in line with and above the [Auto] button on the control panel, essentially at 6 o'clock again. If it's not then potential issue #1.
Also, on the bottom of the main metal bowl (mine is different as I have a universal blade and a solid washer that locks it from the underside ), do you have anything that unscrews/opens (i.e. to aid cleaning), as potentially this may not be in place and causing an issue with fitting and removing the bowl when it's on the plate that sits atop the motor base?

If it's removing that's only the problem, then if the Patissier bowl is similar to the metal bowl in the Cook Expert (and I think it is, albeit the dimensions are different), then I would imagine the safety locking mechanism is the same, which means it's not an issue with it being plugged in to power (whether turned on or off) but rather the lid has to be on and in the unlock (or near unlock) position for bowl removal. This locking mechanism is a fail-safe of sorts. I know if I don't have the lid just left of 'locking centre' or completely unlocked, then my bowl doesn't want to budge. If I force it, it will, but I'm not about forcing and potentially breaking something I've spent $2k on :). I've 'accidentally' done th s with the transparent bowl combination feed tube/lid, i.e. forced it open several times and each time I hear that crunch of a click I cringe and think "unlock it properly woman!".

That's all I can offer, along with ... I hope you purchased it from a reputable retailer as they'll need to contact Magimix for you. With others I've spoken to that have one, they've never had an issue. Hope it works out for you.

KK

Many thanks for your response Kitty Kat! I’ll see if that works. I also thought maybe the point of where the handle clicks into place just needed some CRC or oil as it was so stiff. The lady at Magimix said that was fine as long as I didn’t get any CRC or oil into the motor. Anyway I’ll try anything! Thanks once again.

Gina