Adelaide

Store type: Online store

Misleading Advertising

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

In August 2018, my wife received a letter from the 'Prize Draw Administrator' at Magnamail stating that she was ' a CONFIRMED WINNER in Magnamail's BIGGEST Prize Draw All Year' and that she had 'definitely won a prize'. We ordered an item from the catalogue which was a condition of entry and waited for the draw to take place in early November.
We heard nothing and rang Magnamail on 12th December to find out what prize my wife had won and when she would receive it. Initially, Magnamail denied that she had won a prize but when we challenged them about the letter stating that she was a confirmed prize winner, they said that she would receive a prize in '14 to 21 days'. It is now 13th January and still nothing has been received.
It appears from other reviews that this is a common practice with Magnamail and should be stopped - it is particularly unfair for elderly or vulnerable people.

90 Year Old Mother being Scammed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2018

My mother has been scammed by Magnamail now for numerous years. Always sending her the promise of the big win or that she has won. She has dementia now and just keeps sneaking off posting more and more money to them. The family has tried to stop her but she does not understand. This is causing huge arguments between my 90 year old dad and my mother who is addicted to this crap. They are pensioners who can not afford to be fleeced by these scams. How do we stop this?

A major scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

Same as herb says, they say you are a confirmed winner then all you receive are the items that you pay for not a prize in sight not even the cheapest poor quality of the prizes on offer, this is the second time I've given them a try, there won't be a third!!

Drouin

Scamming people

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

Twice now this company has sent mail advising me that I am a confirmed winner of a prize, if I order within 14 days. I considered that everyone is entitled a second chance. Firstly nothing from them to date including no products. I truly believe that this company does not take in to consideration the amount of people they are scamming and this needs to stop. With enough of us complaining maybe they will lift their game. Ha!

My order made on 07/09/18, for 2 NO FATS COOKING pots or pans, has NEVER arrived. When will it be c

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

We were extremely happy with the products that were sent to us and there were several items we may still purchase BUT we haven't received the NON FATS COOKERS. Thanks Bert

LAUNCESTON

• 8 comments
  • 1 question
  • 7 answers
Private message

Told me a winner and then saw an item I would like to buy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

Usually wouldnt bother with "you have won" and cheap jewellery etc but saw a clock with alarm and temp and just broken mine so went for it. Never buy from this muddled mob again. First off posted off the order form. And that was it never heard from them again so had a look at my credit card and yes they had paid themselves still for the clock. But wondered so phoned - 15 mins on phone with message team busy and dropped out. Tried again next day, same thing. so googled for stie and then sent an email - did ask for order no but since never heard didnt have one and said so. Back came email without order number cant trace.
Scam for sure as didnt even tell me re supposed to have won already etc plus another $20 K up for grabs.
So be wary and now feel even sillier as better alarm temp clocks for less at Kogan's and they are organized always deliver. Silly me.

Palm island

• 1 review
  • 1 question
Private message

This is perfect thanking about going on a Holiday

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

Would like to buy an hose and some walk way pretty lights please, thanks is their another way of paying my order, because I really need my order

Keep it coming. I love to receive your happy books with nice goods to buy.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

Easy to read and find goods. I like the wide range. Every product that I have purchased has been of top quality.

Magnamail Always Brightens My Day

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

Very satisfied with products find there is always a excellent choice to choose from always look forward to receiving current brochure.

Pinjarra 6208

• 1 comment
Private message

Great products and cheap delivered to your mail box

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

We have been using Magnamail for ever and love the catalogue although we get sick of hearing about others winning the great prizes. We have bought many items from Magnamail with complete satisfaction. Only one or two items we returned for various reasons [wrong size or colour] and we were credited quickly for the costs. We eagerly await the next catalogue, regards Yorkie.

Great company

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

Satisfied in all categories. Quality of products is always great. Fashion garments and jewellery very tempting. Look forward to the day they arrive.

Incredible company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

Always easy to get products and have always been satisfied with what I have ordered.Never have to wait too long for parcel to arrive

Melbourne

• 1 comment
  • 2 answers
  • 22 helpful votes

Great products

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed magnamail
With their diverse range of products at affordable budget prices.
I’m never going to know what they will offer next but always look forward to the surprise

Great products good quality.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

Weed puller and vacuum cleaner are good quality.The clothes I ordered are the wrong size, they are to big..Happy otherwise.

A real boon.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

I find the catalogue very easy to flick through and identify the items relevant to me.
There are a wide range of products and I always find something enticing.....too many for my budget on occasions!
Very satisfied...we use them all the time.

Private message

This product is poor quality and unusable.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

I purchased 2 cheese slicers K1726 along with another two items which I have yet to use. When I tried one of the cheese slicers it proved to be unusable and of poor quality.
I would return them but the cost of postage would be more than the products themselves. I will be extremely wary of purchasing any other items from you again. I would also like to comment that I was confirmed as a winner of a prize which I have not yet received or been notified of what the prize was. Shame on you. Never again.
Order/Advice No. AA*718545.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Has been very helpful to me as I am a full time carer and find it hard to shop

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

Everything up to now has been very good and I will most like continue buy gifts etc as up to now everyone has enjoyed the gifts.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

No problem i have always been more than satisfied with the products that i ordered and look forward to your next catalog to see the latest products.

service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

I am very satified with my purchase and look forward to the next catalogue. Start looking for gift ideas. Thank you

Product review, personal opinion.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2018

The products are always as described in the catalogue.
They are of very good quality.
I would purchase more if the range was extended.

1 of 18 pages

I have an article that is defective and I wish to return it, I have only had it for 4 days. Customer no. 2285656 please instruct me how.In relation to payment post, I just sat on the phone for 3/4 hour and got no response, r shaw.

Shag asked on Nov 05, 2018

I ordered two items and posted order with chance to go into the draw never mind the draw for any prises when will I receive my order it was posted on the 17th of July?

zap asked on Aug 11, 2018

Answer this

Hi, You can just forget about any Money Prizes, it is all a Scam. They only want you to Order products to get your money. When you order they never have any of those Products in stock, they always have to Order the Products in. This is ridiculous. I've had bad experiences with them over the years. And when you have to get a Refund, it takes so long before you get this. My friends have Reported Magnamail and also other Mail Order Companies to "Scamalert/Scamwatch". Thanks,

Can I check on the way my order is going?

jan j asked on Jul 28, 2018

Answer this

Yes, you can go to the Website of Australia Post and type in "Tracking my Order" then you must have a Order Number or something then type this number in and see what comes up usually you can do it this way. I will never ever order anything from Magnamail again. Everyone says that they are a Scam and Fake, and they lie to all their customers, and where the Prize Money are concerned you will never win any money from them. They send people cheapstuff Jewelery or something else which is so cheap instead of money. You struggle to Refund Money out of them too. They are hopeless. Thanks Amanda

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.