Terrible Customer Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

What seemed a simple request to pick up brand new boxed items was apparently too hard. A list of items were supplied, but apparently, the list wasn't good enough, photos were needed... 2 days of back and forth, finally photos were supplied the afternoon prior to needing the goods picked up. No response until the following morning to say they had no trucks available, so therefore missed the opportunity to get this done.
Extremely painful to deal with, so I wouldn't be recommending these guys.

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Hi Andrew, My apologies for our response to your request, which was poor. We certainly never want to leave anyone in the lurch. I've sent you through an email with more details. Please have a look... read more »

Very Disappointing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2017

I had received rave reviews regarding Man with A Van so I contacted them and spoke in length about what is a very difficult move (I am very aware it is not an easy move and have been very upfront with this). The first gentleman was lovely and we spoke for over 30 mins in depth regarding the move and all the requirements and then he sent me the quote with a booking number for me to ring back and book. So after much research I ring back to book the quote and suddenly my move had gone from a very reasonable price to being an extra $300 more minimum (not to mention this is only a quote so who knows if it would have gone up significantly again on the actual day). Apparently the first guy had made a mistake and misquoted me, even though the figures and time are the same on the original quote I was sent. Needless to say I haven't booked with them and have instead gone with another company who are better at training their staff to be consistent in their booking charges. My word of caution - do not book without triple checking the charges as they are likely to add extra charges than originally quoted just because you are speaking to someone different. I wonder if I rang back a third time I would get a different quote again???? I was originally very keen to book with them as I had heard such great things but after this experience I will certainly be offering my experience to anyone I know wanting to move and just advising that they always triple check the cost multiple times with multiple different staff members to ensure it stays the same.

Very inefficient service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2017

The service took too long to collect my good, pack the van and then deliver them. It was simple job that took too long and wasted my money!

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Hi Marcus, appreciate the feedback. As you and I have discussed previously, your job took our minimum working time of one hour, resulting in our minimum charge of one hour plus the fixed travel ch... read more »

Guys on the ground; 10/10. Planning and head office 0/10

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

Planned my move via the web portal, was provided approximate time and cost. On the day not all furniture would fit into the truck, so only one trip made as the truck and removalists were committed elsewhere. the result? I was stranded and had to complete the move that afternoon & evening with multiple trips in my car. The guys with the truck were great and did everything they could, their boss on the phone was a great example of appalling customer service include, yep, blaming the customer. He was too busy stonewalling my questions to hear the feedback that you need to make it clearer that if the estimate is wrong you get left stranded with no recourse.

Melbourne

• 12 comments
  • 23 helpful votes
Private message

Poor after service and standards

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2014

You will see from my reviews that I tend to write balanced reviews, based on facts. I leave emotion out of reviews as it often clouds what I am trying to write, or confuses potential customers of the experience. I know that every service provider can vary, along with individual personnel.

1. The people engaged to move my belongings turned up 45 minutes late, without any notification.

2. They damaged two items of furniture that they then denied taking responsibility for.

3. Their subsequent customer service appears to lack the balanced, complaint resolution company that you would expect from a company who advertises a more dynamic approach then their competitors.

Overall, I would urge you to think twice about what you have to move and look more closely at other service providers - particularly at their final costs, and their contractual obligations.

I do not rate this as a value for money service. For the one hour move, it has cost far more in monetary terms in now trying to work out how to repair two brand new pieces of furniture that were moved carelessly.

I would strongly urge caution and particularly, when asked to sign "confirmation of the move", that you actually read in more detail what that means.

I have now commenced litigation against the company and hope their insurers are more engaging that the service standards I have so far encountered.

+ The actual staff who arrived were pleasant

- Inflated hidden charges. Curiously aggressive customer support manager and ambigious contract terms

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Man With A Van Official

Thank you for taking the time to review our service, and outlining to our customers what can happen when things don't go quite right during a move. I would like to apologise for the issues that ha... read more »

I have requested your insurance details to pursue a claim, and you have refused that request. I will not be using your organisation again for fear that other items are damaged and you hide behind "... read more »